++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

This is like some kind of crazy competition on seeing how many people you can get sick. Somewhere they is a XIV Legionary just rubbing his palms, coughing on everything, and keeping a tally.

If you are enjoying them keep them coming! It would also be cool to have all these zombies in some kill team based game with survivors trying to shoot their way past a zombie horde.

How you can paint sixty Pox Walkers as quickly as you have and keep the standard high from one model to another is astounding. They look fantastic and the changes you have made to each one to keep them individual are brilliant. Looking forward to more :D

Nemac

Cheers, guys!

I'm at work currently, but I've picked up another set of DI Death Guard this morning, which I traded for my DI primaris marines (which after selling my Imperial Fists, I no loner have use for). I'm super stoked to be able to convert another forty Poxwalkers!

@ sfPanzer: Yay! I will - no worries there. :)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you! That's the intent. :)

@ hushrong: AM I winning the competition? #winning? Your killteam vs zombie horde idea is AWESOME!!! I'll mke that happen someday, for sure :D

@ Nemac Vradon: The weird thing is I only used a Size 1 brush for the eyes and the yellow buboes. The rest is all doneeither with a size 3 brush or a medium GW drybrush. :D

@ DuskRaider: Yeah, my buddy Dean plays two hordes of 17 poxwalkers with those other charcters, and it's so hard to churn through. 

@ Hungry Nostraman Lion: Cheers. The beads are 1mm Glass Micro Beads. You can get them super super cheap from eBay. 

You are winning so hard I am convinced you have tiger blood, bro!

As for the zombie idea I faintly remember a blog a ways back that detailed a game of 'Escape from Nu Ork' that looked fun. Basically make a kill team and try to get them out of the place by killing both zombies and other teams in the process. I think there was a ship in the center they had to fight to get to and if you controlled it you flew out and won. My buddy and I tried this and made up some rules to keep zombies coming. Fun time but my berzerkers got lost in bloodlust.

You now have PLENTY of zombies to do it.

That sounds linke a ton of fun!

However, one can never have too many zombies! ;)

I dunno, it depends on how many zombies you have before painting. If you have a reasonable amount beforehand, yeah.

In any case, love how you painted your Night Lords, and your zombies are looking ace.

So wait you now planning to make 100 of those guys?

They all look great and they really put my unconverted iron warrior cultists to shame.

On the question if you should stop:

-as long as you have fun making as i find every single new one you convert a source of inspiration for my own mutants.

Man, those Poxwalkers are just consistently awesome: Even in those cases where I initially thought the old Zombie parts looked super-weird and out of place, the paintjob just tidies everything up. Excellent stuff, mate!

I wondered why you had decided to start with Poxwalkers of all things. Now I realise that your treating these as the start of the project not only prevents them from becoming an afterthought, but they also work as a heck of a teaser for the traitor Astartes -- well played, you crazy Dutchman, you! :)

Thanks, guys!

After work, I dropped by my local GW to pick up an order of two boxes of easy-to-build poxwalkers, as well as Mad Donna Ulanti for my upcoming Necromunda Esscher gang. I set to work as I came home (the SO is doing evening shifts - which means hobby time for me weeeeeee :teehee:). I'll post pics tomorrow, but suffice to say I build 25 of the madmen tonight, and they are getting wilder and wilder. I created an angry santa from the fat dude in the easy-to-build set - stay tuned! 

25 build also means that my zombie horde will end up being 105 strong - which is 3x35 as an homage to Typhus' zombie hordes of 7th edition, and also is divisible by 7 - nurgle's number!

And here's seven replies!

@ Gederas: You should never have too many miniatures on hand before painting - buy as much as you can paint, then buy some new ones when you're done painting. Also, never play with unpainted miniatures. If you keep to those rules, you will never spend too much nor experience overload/burnout. Glad you like my Night Lords!

@ BubblesMcGub: Nope. 105! :wink: And cheers!

@ Skeggold: hahaha glad to hear it! :wink:

@ KrautScientist: Thanks for saying that - I feel the same way - the zombie legs in particular look so spindly compared to the poxwalker/imperial mining crew legs, that ou'd think they won't fit. But they end up looking super creepy instead of out of place - and the paint job does a good job of tying things together. :smile.:

@ SkimaskMohawk: DO IT!!

giphy.gif

@ guardian31: Hurray! I love doing them so away I go!

@ Viridia: DO IT!

giphy.gif

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ Gederas: You should never have too many miniatures on hand before painting - buy as much as you can paint, then buy some new ones when you're done painting. Also, never play with unpainted miniatures. If you keep to those rules, you will never spend too much nor experience overload/burnout. Glad you like my Night Lords!

Those are some good rules. I just think I overdid it with my Death Guard (I blame myself for getting the DG half of Dark Imperium on the cheap from several people), and now I've got around 80 to 100 Poxwalkers that need to be primed and painted. Which would have been done (as I've learned I can batch-paint those things quite well, especially with DuskRaider's tutorial for the Poxwalkers), if not for constant snow and rain since January. :lol:

Additionally, I like your World Eaters. Definitely taking some of the things you did with your Rhinos for mine.

Edited by Gederas

Problem is the max you can have per unit is 20 (not counting reanimated victims).

Having played quite a few games with Death Guard, only keeping your Poxwalkers around 20 models is impossible. At one point I ran out of poxwalkers to make reanimated zombies when I was playing against someone :lol:

YES. IT'S FINALLY HERE. Missed your first few updates for your new DG army but man it was fantastic to see all of them one after the other. As usual your work speed is absolutely amazing with how great quality work you can do in such a short time frame! Definitely looking forward to seeing some DG marines as well!

? You better watch out

? You better not stay
? Better not pout
? Start running away
? Santa Claus is coming to town

And he's coming to kill you and then raise you for use in his zombie army! 

HO! HO! HO! 

IWUAVEl.jpg

Here's 24 of his victims :D

tRsSaJf.jpg

PBsVn7E.jpg

BBfRxiz.jpg

xdgHZlB.jpg

EujhtZk.jpg

efnzoFZ.jpg

I made these guys by mixing a set of 10 standard poxwalkers, a set of 5 easy-to-build poxwalkers and, as by now usual, several marauder and zombie bits with several hundred glass microbeads and some putty. I started with relatively expensive almost pure Greenstuff, but halfway through sculpting them, I realized I should just use pure Milliput - it's cheaper and there's no need for the sculpting to be super accurate anyway. As you see The PVA I used to fasten the microbeads needs to dry for an hour more, and then they're ready for primer!

The 10 standard poxwalkers came from the DI set I traded for my DI primaris. They were already primered and I didn't care, but the next set of ten I will strip, which I already did! They're ready for the hacksaw! 

Hope you like! comments most welcome, and cheers!

Replies (coincidentally, again there's as many as Nurgle's favourite number!!

@ Gederas: Yeah I have a bit of the same problem - I have three sets now of the DI Nurgle part. I'm planning on mixing them heavily with two squads of Plague Marines I bought, as well as with some MkIII marines from the Burning of Prospero set. :) Thanks also for the compliment on my Khornate section - the rhino trim is from Subtle Discord. It's pretty excellent!

@ BubblesMcGub: There's a good chance it'll be 110... :O

@ hushrong: hahaha I am! Lucky number 7!

@ DuskRaider: I know, buddy - that's why I said 'as an homage to' ;) Also, 7th edition (get it?). EVERYTHING FOR PAPA NUUUURGLE!!!

@ Gederas: That's true - I do wonder if I will ever have 110 zombies on the table, but one can only drea, :D

@ rednekkboss: More studio space? ;) Steal away! 

@ Vairocanum: Yes, buddy! It is! I'm planning on doing about 60 plague marines as well (2 squads of five plague marines for special weapon type (meltagun, plasmagun, plague belcher, blight launcher, plague spewer, plus two squads of five with close combat loadout)

Scythe walker looks awesome. I love what I see in that guy. I also think the fella with the torn belly is pretty darn cool too. That is going to look awesome painted up.

And that second from the last picture, walker on the far right. Thought that was a sand person from Star Wars.

Lastly, it is awesome how you are churning these guys out. For the last week I have wanted to build something, anything, but when I sit down I look at all the bits only to decide to come back later. In the meantime you have plagued a planets worth of people.