++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

I came for the Zerker!

Then I realized he wasn't wearing power armour :sad.:

Huh, that's an interesting point. The sheer physicality of the Zerker had me imagining it near ogryn size. I know the Goliaths are Big Boys so I imagine he's actually closer to a space marine (primaris?) model in size?

Happy INQ28th everyone!

For this special day of the month, I created a special guy - who can either function as the leader of my Coin Guild, or, alternatively, as a leader for the gang of hive scum that will represent the Iron Guild. Behold!

Massive thanks btw, to KrautScientist, who sent me a bits drop a couple months back, and it contained that awesome, awesome helmet-held-in-arm and the pistol. Thanks, buddy! I hope this figure does you proud!

spq4BCp.jpg

B64b2DM.jpg

Also, as part of the hobby challenge, my buddy Jonathan sent me this fantastic picture of his build for our mutual miniature gifting project:

n4JTFd6.png

Isn't he cool? I will upload more pics later, as he even wrote some teaser fluff and an actual fighter card for him!

lovely stuff. Lovely day, actually!

Cheers

Replies:

@ ElDuderino: Yeah, I kinda did. And because I knew what to do, it only took me about three hours! There WILL be more renaissance influence in my miniatures, as I just discovered (and bought) the Empire Greatswords kit :biggrin.:

@ Kriegsmacht: Thanks! My buddy will be painting him. Good for him, but sad for me. I'd have loved to do that for him :smile.:

@ BadgersinHills: Thank you! I kinda went for that, as the FW Zerker is also assymetrical.

@ Mendi Warrior: Cool! Well again, welcome to the thread! And thank you for the very kind and appreciated words <3

@ Noctus Cornix: GOLIATH Zerker t said very clearly in the thread name. :tongue.::wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ Noctus Cornix: GOLIATH Zerker t said very clearly in the thread name. :tongue.::wink:

No, no. I was very clearly lied to. Goliath is nowhere in the thread name and you promised me Khorne Berzerkers. Where are they, Augusutus!? :furious:

I even got back into my Word Bearers!

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I'm still waiting for my GW order of Delaque gangers to arrive, so I continue working on the Iron Guild Mercenaries/Hive Scummers. I want them to look super posh, so I'm going for a bland mix of posh miniatures, the Empire greatswords and Skitarii. Here's what I created today. 

One finished guy with a shotgun - the arms alone consist of three parts. Pretty nifty, wouldn't you agree ;) 
AMTwibo.jpg

dmMDbm6.jpg

Also, I discovered that Empire Greatsword legs fit pretty snugly into the robes of the Skitarii bodies!

sDlsKNM.jpg

Hurray!

What do you think fo them so far? I feel like I am on a real inspired roll here - I just hope I have the time to finally start painting them once they are all finished!

Cheers

Replies:

@ BadgersinHills: Hi head might get smaller though - I'm thinking of giving him the head of the Canis Rex pilot. I bought that miniature to use in my INQ28 project, so It's all good if he gets chopped up. :)

@ Noctus Cornix: It's an affront! Report it to the Inquisition! Khorne Berzerkers will feature again. Pinky promise. 

@ Vairocanum: Thanks! Yeah instagram has really taken off - but I will always consider myself a B&C-frater first - and will always post them here first. 

I'm still waiting for my GW order of Delaque gangers to arrive, so I continue working on the Iron Guild Mercenaries/Hive Scummers. I want them to look super posh, so I'm going for a bland mix of posh miniatures, the Empire greatswords and Skitarii. Here's what I created today. 

One finished guy with a shotgun - the arms alone consist of three parts. Pretty nifty, wouldn't you agree :wink: 

*SNIP*

Also, I discovered that Empire Greatsword legs fit pretty snugly into the robes of the Skitarii bodies!

*SNIP*

Hurray!

What do you think fo them so far? I feel like I am on a real inspired roll here - I just hope I have the time to finally start painting them once they are all finished!

:jawdrop:  I love them! Simple, but visually striking. How gaudy are you thinking of going with the colours?

@ noigrim: It wasn't that bad, but I had to measure with my caliper before making the cuts, yes. :)

@ jaxom: How gaudy will I paint them? On a scale from Liberace to Swiss Guard? Envision a GrimDark Pope's Guard.

@ Majkhel: Thank you! 

@ hushrong: It's a blast to do. I gotta say, INQ28 is feeling pretty fricking fantastic and liberating. I've always hoarded the 'best bits', always thinking "there's going to be an even cooler project in the future that will do more justice to this bit". Doing these tiny projects - which I all shove under the nomer INQ28 - has finally helped me to let go of that state of mind, and just use.the.bits. I also just started buying whole kits just because I like a couple of bits in them. The bycatch is just extra! 

@ BadgersinHills: Well besides a little cutting, most of them will fit snugly, so go ahead and do that Rogue Trader project!

Just a new member of the Iron Guild mercenaries. Proper kitbash, this. 

Legs and head from the Greatsowrds kit; torso is from the Scions kit; left arm is from Canis Rex pilot; Right arm from the Skitarii.

The Iron Guild representatives are just five Hive Scum and hive scum cannot take special weapons, but I'm giving him a Long Rifle anyway. It just looks cool. And I can always use him as a Venator. 

MYzZIPS.jpg

I hope you like him! Thanks for your comments and C&C. 

Cheers!

Replies in the post above this one, which I did this afternoon. I just couldnt hold the 'On a scale of Liberace to Swiss Guard'-joke in. :D

Haha, I know the feeling of saving bits and feeling like theres something better it can be used on. And it’s definitely nice to see it out to use. Especially with the recent batch of guys you are building. Inq28 and Necro has you churning out some kitbashes and conversions I’ve never seen or contemplated and it’s all golden

image[ /img]

Hurray!

This looks 40k as hell! I'd keep the paintjob on the pants pretty subtle though, don't want him ending up looking like 40k MC Hammer:D

These new guys all look fantastic, and would've inspired me to doing some inq28/necromunda stuff too if I had any time on my hands

Edited by ElDuderino

Cheers you two :)

I had a great week, hobby-wise. Inspiration struck like lightning and I've created the good part of what can be described as an INQ28 warband! Here's what I've build so far:

Here's the sniper - I've given him a human head, with a closed mouth and a good moustache - like any arrogant git should have.
jWJz6eq.jpg

Also, here's a shotgun-wielding noble!
y32Ncvz.jpg

And a creepy medic with an axe - because you don't feel a wound on a limb if you cut off the limb!
4k7FQMf.jpg

Then there's the captain of the bunch - you've seen him before but I gave him Canis Rex's head and a Xenos pistol for extra flair

aQ1n1MM.jpg

A guy with a fancy lasgun
ktkUPwP.jpg

A less fancy guy with a lass fancy lasgun - and a sword! KrautScientist gave me that sword in a bits drop - thanks buddy!
qAcJoJc.jpg

And of course, no group of guys would be complete without a dude who waves around a giant flag saying to everyone how cool they are!
V4LENKq.jpg

That's it, that's all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed it. I will see you next time. until then, take it easy. 

Cheers

Replies:

@ hushrong: Well thanks! That's nice of you to say!

@ Elduderino: picture quote alert! :O I know what you're saying, and I agree - but I also think that it'd be less of an issue if all these guys have liberace style pants. ;)

These are looking great but that sniper is fantastic! I love the blend of the empire bits and the scions. Fancy pants, armored torso, and that sweet rifle just hit all the right notes. Not to mention an old school style mustache! I love the look as it makes me think of turn of the century soldiers using newer/refined technology (bolt action rifles) but older style uniforms and armor (some Battlefield 1 flashbacks kick in here). And that works even better in the grimdark.

@ Noctus Cornix: It's an affront! Report it to the Inquisition! Khorne Berzerkers will feature again. Pinky promise. 

You better, or I'll never forgive you! 

Jokes aside, I'm really digging the Inq 28 stuff, man! I've considered digging my toes into Inq 28, but I genuinely just couldn't think of any cool idea to go with. I'll keep giving it some thought and maybe get on it at some point... Until then, the Word Bearers are still calling out to me. :devil:

It's oh, so quiet.... shhhhhh, shhhhh..... it's oh, so still. 

What's happening on the B&C lately? 

Thank for the comments, though, active frater! I appreciate them as I have for the past 6 and a half years. Man, this thread is ancient now. 

Anyhoo, I finished the build of the Master of Coin for my Coin Guild / Mercator Gelt.

GH6vuhy.jpg

In addition, here's the Cynders for my Necromundan Prometheum Guild Representative party.

Ohix6PN.jpg

dm8ie7a.jpg

VtBzwOw.jpg

Qabui5d.jpg

WvsgVXE.jpg

LsDoIoH.jpg

eFZE8D4.jpg

ZNWBCvY.jpg

I really like the hands for the axes - I know they're WAY too big, but I kinda like that they look like a welding glove looks, which matches well with the Fuel/Light theme that the Prometheum guild has. :tu: 

Whaddayafink?

Let me know. I appreciate it all, and would love your feedback - it's what has made me a better hobbysists and countless of my conversions better than they would have been had I not gotten the C&C here. So thanks!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ hushrong: Hah! Yeah that does read like a great description of him :biggrin.: He's like a GrimDark Swiss Guard, eh?

@ Heraclite: Welcome to the thunderdome, buddy! And to this thread, of course. Thanks for commenting! 

@ BadgersinHills: Thank you very much, again!

@ Noctus Cornix: Just stick some guys together, you'll be fine and you'll see that your creative juices will be flowing sooner than you think. I've had a great time with these miniatures, although my wallet hurts. The pile of boxed sets that I have bought during this lockdown is almost a metre high.... :ohmy.:

@ Freakshow666: Thanks! Glad you like them (and thanks for the many, many likes on the gram as well. :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Great work. Like the axes, they contrast well against the elegance of the laspistols. The Master is great, the Locus miniature really does make an excellent base for magnificent works. :smile.:

For the lull in posting, personally I've been busy getting metaphorically hit in the face by life's baseball bat, but that's abating soon and should be back to hobby soon! Tried out truescaling and I'm pleased with what I have. 

Edited by BadgersinHills

That master of coin means business! I just imagine that one servitor with an unfurled scroll of debts you owe...and the other skull with a freaking gun attached to it reminding you politely to pay up or else.

Cynders are also sweet! They look great. I also love and am worried their fiery censer are on a servo arm. Just imagine some poor soul getting sucker punched with that.

And I forgot about the Swiss Guard. Flamboyant uniforms, check! Medieval armor, check! Halbreds, swords, and...rifles...yeah. Yeah they do.