Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread// Necromunda "GOLIATH ONLINE" p.218

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
5454 replies to this topic

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts

@The Hydra: Proto Chaos? Please explain? You're 30K or considering doing Chaos in 40K?

I've settled on 30k Death Guard, but one that is walking the path towards the Chaos Legion they are to become.

I love the new guy, pose is great. I may have been playing to much Witcher III but what do you think about adding a few severed head trophies to the back left side?
  • Augustus b'Raass likes this

TheReaper17

TheReaper17

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts
  • Faction: Night lords
That guy looks awesome! And is inspiring too :) good job

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,650 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

And so it begins.

Wow, seriously great work on the first jugger lord, mate! I wasn't sold on the weapons combo, initially, until I realised you chose it for its in-game effectiveness. Fair enough. While a fist and claw setup still seems a little hokey to me, you've certainly managed to make the most of it. What a brilliantly imposing guy! Can't wait to see the other two ;)

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,587 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

That tentacle on the Harbinger of Decay is disgusting, looks like a giant worm. Good job! Love the Nurgling arrangement and how you've differentiated them with colour. If they were all the same it could just look like a dull mass. The whole idea is an inventive one for a palanquin.

Not a fan of the bare head on the Juggerlord to be honest. How about a Skullcrusher helm shorn of the bunny ears?

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,452 posts

The head looks sombre. Whether that is good or bad is entirely up to you. (perhaps more appropriate for a swordlord since that guy has to be more selective with targets?)
The torso seems to be listing to his right a little, but I imagine that is due to the bluetack.

Good start.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,813 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

And so it begins.

...and gets immediately side tracked. Seriously, I've never been this hobby butterfly-y in my life. I'd love to paint me some Khornate characters, put some backpacks on the AoS berzerkers and use them in 40K, start painting my second helblade and/or dreadclaw assault pod, and many other chaos-y things.

But most of all I want to paint Imperial Fists. Yes, I want to paint loyalist scum. I even bought the new Codex Space Marines and wrote a 1250 point Gladius Strike Force list. Why 1250? because that's the tournament size we use in my local shop. It's composed of this:

Battle Demi Company
Lord Captain on bike with Artificer armour, Power Fist, Storm Shield
Chosen Command squad on bikes with 2 Storm Shields, and apothecary and two grav guns.
3x 5 CSM Tactical Marines with meltagun and combi-melta in a drop pod
3 Raptors Assault Marines on bikes with grav guns and an attack bike with Multi Melta
5 Havocs Devastators with 4 lascannons
Suppression Force
3 Whirlwinds
1 Land Speeder with Multimelta

So yeah... lots of vehicles Chaos can´t have. Lots of bolters and bikes, lots of anti armour. I might even expand it with another Demi-Company and make all 5-man squads into ten man squads... This is the army I'm going to really, really, really get right from the start. And fully commit to doing each and every one with highlights, shades, get all the iconography right with transfers, battle damage, weathering, the whole shh-bang. I already bought a loyalist tactical squad box from GW last Friday and built all. of. them. on Sunday, into two of the tactical squads. Pics of that tomoprrow, for I'd like your opinions on this tester I made with all the loyalist bits I had before I bought the tac squad. Mind you, I didn't have access to transfers back then, so I tried to freehand the markings and chapter symbol.

What do you think?
temporary_zpsii4aisnl.jpg

Hidden Content

The idea is obviously to make the army represent the fifth company, so that I can retain the cool heresy style black shoulder pad trim. The only deviation I plan on doing is to paint the assault marines (including those on bikes) with black body armour and yellow helmets, backpacks, and shoulder pads. The bolters will be only slightly redder than as shown above, as will the aquila's on the chests and such. Pouches and holsters will be brown instead of red most likely. Either gold or silver will be used on the extra armour trim of MkIII shoulder pads, I'm not sure yet which to use. Also, the yellow on the shoulder pads needs to be brighter. I'm on that. msn-wink.gif

So, that's it. I have to say I am super excited to do a loyalist force, even though my heart will remain chaotic (also, I still have tons and tons of Chaos stuff I still want to add to my collection, so there's that).

Anyway! I hope you like this! Feedback more than welcome, everyone! Seriously, you guys and gals have been so awesome with tips, criticism, and feedback in the past, so I hope you'll support me with this army too and make this a sort of community inspired army.

Replies about the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut:
@Leviathus: Cheers! I'm glad you caught that, as I was really trying to make the giant fists look rider-y. msn-wink.gif

@Kurama: thanks buddy! I have, but I won't be using it. It just doesn't seem like a practical thing on a giant daemonic steed...

@The Hydra: Not to worry! Heads and skulls will be featured aplenty.

@TheReaper17: Thanks mate! smile.png

@KrautScientist: Are you mad at me for going loyalist? It's only for a little while. I swear. The Khornate trio will be finished, plus I have all the Khornate AoS mini's to paint. Plus a butt-load of berzerkers... About the weapons loadout on the khorante guy - why would it seem hokey? msn-wink.gif

@Sockwithaticket: Yeah the intent was to make it look all Urutsukedoji (or however you spell that movie title). I'll consider your jugger helmet sans bunny ears idea...

@Teetengee: Haha your reasons for the sombre look on a Khornate sword guy is as flawless as it is hilarious. Torso tilt is indeed bluetac. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 25 August 2015 - 02:54 PM.

• Kurgan the Lurker, Kobrakei, MrBear and 8 others like this

KingKurama

KingKurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,656 posts
Dude fist looks Bloody sweet loving the yellow scheme.

MkVI with future mkvii helm looks great as well. Your list looks good aswell.

Great to see that your not just limited to the psychotic mindset of the viiith

Viridia

Viridia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
  • Faction: See sig.

First I get to revel in the fact that your Night Lords are better than anything I can do, now I get to revel in the fact you're going to outdo everyone in Imperial Fists! tongue.png

Defenders of the Emperor - Imperial Fists XXVII Cohors 'Belligeri'
The Usurper's Horde - Night Lords 183rd Wing, 'The Corpseclaimers'
Armies of the Astartes - The Crimson Watchers
Followers of the True Gods - The Infernal Carnival

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_AOD.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,808 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

O...O-oh my...

wub.png wub.png wub.png

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Kriegriss

Kriegriss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
what you're doing fists ... mind BLOWN!!

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,814 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
You had my curiosity but now you have my full attention!

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,591 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Those Imperial Fists are glorious... What about a Sorpius in the list though to help deal with heavy infantry, S8 AP3 templates?

ETL 1v2

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines
Not something I was expecting, but that Fist looks great. I'm a big fan of the black trim, and your yellow is awesome. What sort of base are you going with?

Leviathus

Leviathus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Blood Angels

Fantastic Fist Augustus! wub.png Love the yellow and it's good to see you doing some loyalists too!

iHzH627.jpgMb2DYpi.jpgiCNpHH5.pngePITB1B.png

Links:
Hobby blog  |  Instagram

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 874 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels

So on point with that yellow it's unreal. Especially looking forward to the Assault Marines. Black with yellow parts is always a favourite of mine.

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

d@n

d@n

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
  • Faction: Spacewolves

how did you paint the imperial fists armour bro? 

AlanofAngels

AlanofAngels

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

This looks great man! Really promising! It's funny you mention "hobby-butterfly" syndrome in regards to this because I have something different starting here soon, too tongue.png Sometimes a guy just needs a break from all that VIII legion pillaging msn-wink.gif

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Night Lords (Current)

Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion

gallery_47732_9950_12581.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp friday-award.png  gallery_29004_9303_6178.png Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pngNight%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.png

"If every time the populace gazes toward the night sky and thinks of us, that is the purest victory of all. Fear. And it lasts forever."

-Raptor Captain Delantyr Orion, Night Lords XCl 'Tenebrous Winter' Company

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,452 posts

Well done on the freehand. The yellows (particularly the pad, but you already mentioned that) seem a little muted and dirty/dark to me. How long have these fellows been fighting in their current field.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
The IF looks great. The yellow is really nice, I like the muted worn look.

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,353 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers

Cool blades, Augustus. Khorne will be pleased.
Vallejo Game Colour is for airbrushing, is it not? Any grey-black equivalent for us skint brush-bound mortals?

Vallejo Game Air is designed for airbrushing. Doesn't stop you using a brush with it though ;)

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Forté

Forté

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,353 posts
I can safely say...I'm disappointed in you, you traitor!

Still looks good though. One day you'll get some proper shadow in there though :P

Edited by Forté, 25 August 2015 - 03:22 PM.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

My Putty & Paint gallery

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,591 posts

Air brush paints are actually pretty good for the hand brush bound mortals. They are thinned down, so make painting easier than thicker and slightly gloopier brush paints :)

ETL 1v2

Forté

Forté

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,353 posts

Air brush paints are actually pretty good for the hand brush bound mortals. They are thinned down, so make painting easier than thicker and slightly gloopier brush paints :)

How do you think I do my metallics now (Model Air) ;)

My Putty & Paint gallery

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,591 posts

I still use gw paints, because they are the only ones I can reliably take offshore because they have no warning markings on them.

Do vallejo paints have any warning labels on them?

Tamiya acrylic black does..

ETL 1v2

Forté

Forté

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,353 posts
I'll have to look but I think it's mainly certain colours. I don't think P3 do.

My Putty & Paint gallery

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Bing (1)