++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Augustus, loving the Fists Leviathan - a suitably yellow killing machine!

Also really liking the Khorne Marines, overall they look fantastic, but I'm also not sold on the leather boots. How are the bodies sized compared to the BaC or BoP legs? Would it be possible to clip them at the knees and mount them on those from the knees down?

Khornate Rhino finished.

I must say, initially that FW Dozer Blade didn't really jive with me, but it grew on me and now I think it's awesome!

Behold :wink: :

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsh6ooe6hy.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsg4nxn5fx.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps9h9wn5vb.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpscgfkk0mh.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsuh4og7sa.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsmtjp6c3a.jpg

I hope you like them! Thanks for looking adn your comments!

Replies:

@ Knight fo the Raven: Haha, thanks buddy! Glad you like them!

@ kizzdougs: Thanks buddy! Your AL Leviathan looks pretty darn good too!

@ The Traitor: I know about the leather boots. They bug me too. But I destroyed one of them trying to get some MkIII shins on them, and it didn´t work. So now they´re just corrupted Thunder Warriors! :) I know the Thunder Warriors were supposed to have been killed during the Battle of Mount Ararat, but if Taranis could have survived, so could some others.:)

@ Bryan Blaire: I tried with the BaC and BoP marines, and they're a bit too big. I also tried to use just the MkIII shins, and it also didn't work. Seeing as this is a game army and in no way is meant to be displayed anywhere, I'm fine with it. :)

@ Race Bannon: I'm not stopping you, buddy! Get one!

Hi Augustus b'Raass.

I'm still thinking on the name and Veteran Sergeant's get better fluff and wargear.

I can wait. A river cracks a mountain on its course to the sea after all.

Fluff will be on the way shortly many beers to choose from and much to muse on...

I must admit that I wasn´t sold on the dozer blade neither but now that I see it finished I want one for myself... The weathering really helped! On the other side I think that you blackened too much the fume pipes, they now seem to plain to me as the inside is also black.

Oh my, that is quite a bit to take in, buddy, so let's take it from the top:

Having provided the name for Volt Gerbrandt, it shouldn't be surprising that I was looking forward to seeing the finished model, and boy have you hit it out of the park with this one! A fantastic paintjob, maden even better by the restraint you've shown with your use of black: I understand that (and why) black has become a bit of a secondary colour for the Imperial Fists, but I often feel that it threatens to eclipse the delicious yellow that is the legion's main selling point for me. And you've just managed to find the perfect balance here!

Recalling your wonderful band of chaotic Contemptors, it also seems to me that building and painting Dreadnoughts might be the thing you excel at most, above all your other considerable hobby talents.

Oh, and seeing how Gerbrandt is a veteran of the Heresy, maybe he might have some shared history with someone from the XII Legion's 4th assault company? Just sayin'...

The Khornate Marines are looking great in your colour scheme, although I do have to admit that I was maybe 0,5% disappointed that you didn't replace the feet. I get what you're saying about how difficult it is, though. My one suggestion is that a very effective - yet horribly wasteful - way to properly bring Blood Warriors into the 40k setting involves replacing their legs altogether with the lower halves of Dark Vengeance Chosen -- speaking of Chosen, btw: Those two meltagun guys are definitely the show stoppers for me! Those Wrathmonger helmets work so well on them that I would almost like to see an entire converted squad of DV Chosen with those helmets now -- quick, do it, or I might have to have a go at it myself :wink:

Rhino's looking great as well, although I have this one personal pet peeve: I think green continents on that WE legion badge always look terrible...

But don't mind my nitpicking, buddy! Another fantastic update in what has been a very productive hobby year! Looking forward to seeing more! :smile.:

Also:

I hope you like them! Thanks for looking and please, your 'likes' are appreciated, but comments with feedback and critique is truly much more inspiring to me. So if you like the pictures, feel free to press like, but I'd much rather you left a comment. I always respond to each and every one of them! :thumbsup:

QFT!

Edited by KrautScientist

XIV Assault Squad Veteran Sergeant:

Vexillarius - Scaffir Smidte  - A real bruiser he fights with a bolt pistol in his left hand and the strengthened standard that he carries in his right.

He lost his left hand in battle whilst attacking a position of Emperors Children. He looked down and saw a sinister bionic hand and in the heat of the moment he prayed to Dorn, jammed it into his wrist and it attached. After winning the battle he went to the forges to have the bionic ritually blessed by the techmarines.

The techmarines eventually managed to persuade the bionic to accept the chapter colours after the Master of the Forge ascertained that it was of Iron Hands construction and re-consecrated it. 

Scaffir Smidte under went tutelage with the techmarines but apart from a new found respect for the Omnissiah, he was found to be a better Assault Marine and so was never sent to Mars. 

Scaffir Smidte strengthened his standard in the forges and has never looked back since, he is a slayer.

There you go Augustus b'Raass, name and fluff.

Edit: Re-worked fluff.

Edited by Scion of Ferrus

@ Bryan Blaire: I tried with the BaC and BoP marines, and they're a bit too big. I also tried to use just the MkIII shins, and it also didn't work. Seeing as this is a game army and in no way is meant to be displayed anywhere, I'm fine with it. :)

Thanks for that! A little disappointing (I'll be looking for some other way then), but awesome of you. I still really like them, they look great, and I bet if you didn't say anything, most folks playing the game wouldn't even notice. :tu:

Loving the Rhino!

'Fists, Iron Warriors, Night Lords and your WE Daemonkin - all beautiful work as ever! Have a load of likes from me ;)

It's hard to pick a fave from all your work, but the Leviathan and the Khorne Juggerlord are standout :tu: I love the pose of Augustus III - fisty/claws is a hard one to pull off atop a Jugger (or bike!) but you have nailed it.

Great work :)

Oh, that leviathan is superb! I love that Aquila standard and have been thinking about using it as an Icon of Excess for my EC.

I am not the biggest fan of taking fantasy chaos and mixing it with 40k chaos. Yet nowadays every piece of plastic coming out just really shows the age of 75% or more of the chaos plastic range. Regardless I think your berzerkers are definitely some of the best I have seen. I also agree with you on boots. That used to drive me crazy in Fantasy as who would go about bedecked in chaos blessed armor only to wear leather boots on their feet?

Lastly, the rhino just looks awesome. Again, all fantastic minis and paintjobs!

First of all: Happy New Year to everyone reading this! Thank you for another great hobby year, filled with inspiration, feedback, comments, beautiful pictures, great events - and another Chaos ETL win (sorry, I had to rub it in your loyalist scummy faces one more time :wink:)!

I finished the second part of the first of three ten-man squads I plan on doing with the Blood Warriors. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps61plyjy2.jpg

The Dark Vengeance Chosen really have the exact same proportions as the Blood Warriors (what a coincidence, geedubs! :wink:) and they work quite well with each other. I used two DV Chosen for the special weapons dudes in this squad, but of friend of a guy at my local GW store, who saw the first five above, was kind enough to give me two of the bolter-toting DV chosen! So I now have three full sets of 5 DV chosen. I bought another set of ten Blood Warriors, which together with the two I didn't use from the previous set, gives me 12 Blood Warriors. I also have all the Khorne Bloodbound miniatures from the AoS set (bought when they came out). So I think I have enough miniatures to make three more full squads! 

I already put together the first ten, which I'll start painting this evening. 

As you probably figured out right now, I'm pretty focussed on my KDK at the moment. And a real army needs dedicated objective markers. So I made those too:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsigflrbqy.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsculfmmox.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your comments and feedback. :)

Replies:

@ The Traitor: Yeah the Dozer Blades are a real treat. They are very simple to build too. I can't say I agree with you on the exhausts. The soot comes from within, so the insides should be black, right?

@ KrautScientist: Wow, thanks for the awesome, exhaustive and constrictive reply, dude. :) I'm glad you like your miniature in the Imperial Fists army, for sure. :) I am also glad and humbled you recognized my preference for contemptor builds. You are absolutely correct. I just love building dreadnoughts. I'm glad both the SM and Chaos versions got a buff - which will probably see them actually get some play time. I love your idea of combining fluff between Volt Gerbrandt and Lorimar! What do you suggest? Were they friends-turned-rivals during the Siege?

As you already read, your idea of a squad of converted DV chosen with those wrathmonger heads are a wish I interpreted as a post hoc command. ;)

@ Scion of Ferrus: Wow, that is quite the involved backstory there. You're also making me add a lightning claw, which wasn't initially my idea for the Assault Squad sergeant, but we'll see what we can do. Thanks! He's added to the list. Don't worry on the spelling on Schaefer, I 40K-ified that name to Scafir anyway. 

@ Bryan Blaire: Keep a lookout in the couple weeks - I did find a way to mix-n-match the DV Chosen with the Blood Warriors without the boots. :)

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks! Yeah, fistyclaws indeed is hard. It's why I chose the LCs with actual hands for it. On a bike, I've found it best to use a closed power fist to handle the steering, and then the LC in the open hand. Here's an example of what I mean. 

@ The Hydra: Thanks buddy! I'm glad you like everything. Sorry for all the hobby butterflying between projects ;)

@ hushrong: I know, right? The ancient, ugly Khorne Berzerkers and Chaos Space Marines kits are the prime reason I stayed away from doing any sort of Chaotic Marine infantry for so long. But they are so demotivational to paint. The Blood Warriors really just are inspirational. They're just a joy to paint, and I can't really stop myself! The leather boots are just a minor annoyance in that regard, and I'll just swallow my annoyance at them and paint them anyway - choosing between them and the fugly CSM and Bererker kits is no choice at all!

@ Viarocanum: I agree! See my reply to hushrong for a more elaborate answer. I hope you like the second half!

@ Carrick: You are very, very welcome, buddy! Thanks!

Thanks guys!

I know your on Khorne right now Augustus but I would love to see you do some Thousand Sons :smile.:

Also, any chance the Arena makes a return in 2017?

Thousand Sons? Been there, done that! About a rerun of the Augustus Arena event, it's funny that you mentioned it, because today I contacted Forté if he'd be willing to make some new banners etc. for it. :) I'm going to ask Kurgan and Semper too. :) Most likely it'll happen in April, before the ETL.

It all looks stunning, and I'm intrigued to see how you do booted Blood Warriors. Where are the bowls of blood you used for the objective markers from?

Dragonlover

Well, there's ten of them finished already :) To tell you the truth, I have no idea where the blood cauldrons are from, as I've had these bits for years and years. My guess is from a Dark Elf or Dark Eldar kit? 

Just to let you guys know, I'm not completely abandoning the Fists, I do have a Typhon that is ready for paint. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsinj1yjwv.jpg 

:D

I used two DV Chosen for the special weapons dudes in this squad, but of friend of a guy at my local GW store, who saw the first five above, was kind enough to give me two of the bolter-toting DV chosen! 

giphy.gif

You're welcome buddy. They really do look great after you're done with them and I had no immediate use for them.

Love the two corpse objective markers btw!

I should probably post newer pics of the Macharius Vulcan sometime soon like I promised weeks ago........ 

@ The Hydra: Thanks buddy! I'm glad you like everything. Sorry for all the hobby butterflying between projects ;)

Don't apologise, that's one of my favourite things, every update is little surprise. Looking forward to seeing that Typhon in yellow.

As I said with the other five they look great except for the boots. I actually think that they'll fit a Daemonkin army better than usual CSM, their armour being more ornate and full of symbols of Khoene.

About the exhaust I'm not saying that I don't like them being black, I'm saying that I think that the weathering is excessive to be in the same colour, but I can see that I didn't express myself very well.

Also I think that the Blood Cauldron is from the Dark Elf kit which is a big chariot that contains a medusa or three vampires. The rest of the markers look cool by the way, I specially like the jail one, but are you going to number them in any way for maelstrom missions? Where?

The second batch of boot-wearing berzerkers is looking great! Given the standard we have seen so far, the finished army should be a sight to see!

It all looks stunning, and I'm intrigued to see how you do booted Blood Warriors. Where are the bowls of blood you used for the objective markers from?

Dragonlover

Well, there's ten of them finished already :smile.: To tell you the truth, I have no idea where the blood cauldrons are from, as I've had these bits for years and years. My guess is from a Dark Elf or Dark Eldar kit?

The cauldron trailing flames is from the Skaven Doombell kit, IIRC, and the other one is from the Vampire Counts Coven Throne kit -- those are just the old WFB names, mind you.

I suddenly realized I hadn't posted a picture of the entire squad of Khorne marines yet! So here is the first squad in all its glory:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpselc5nl3r.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpswuym7hph.jpg

And with their sweet, sweet ride:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjimazlg2.jpg

Hope you like! Thanks for looking :biggrin.::thumbsup:

Replies!

@ Maarten: Duuuude thank you so much for the two Chosen. I'm almost finished painting them, actually, as part of another five-man half-squad Khorne Marines. Hopefully I can post those tonight.

@ The Hydra: Cheers, buddy! Well, your wish is my command!

@ The Traitor: Meh, the boots. Think of them as having a Spanish accent and purring when they're having a good time. Mind you, they are part of a Khorne Daemonkin army, so I hope that alleviates things a bit. Your point about the numbering of the objective markers was very on point: I forgot that they are neccesary. I think I'm just going to put some plasticard squares on there, paint them black, and put some white roman numerals on them. Not the most elegant, but hey, it's Khorne. :wink:

@ KrautScientist: Thanks! I hope you like them with their ride too. Also, thanks for clearing the bits issue up. :thumbsup:

@ Race Bannon: Yeah, yeah, relaaax! I'm in a Khornate mode right now. I vowed the tank as part of my January vow in the Tale of 20 Hobbyists, though, so he'll be done within three weeks, tops!

@ Scion of Ferrus: Of course! It's really the only colour a Typhon can be painted in, right? Oh wait:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass