++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The terrain remains a generous source for eye candy, buddy (even if some of those pictures are a bit fuzzy), and I couldn't agree more about the candles -- they instantly add a certain "je-ne-sais-quoi". In fact, I think you could even expand into adding little shrines and devotional corners. And 40g graffitti also works a treat when done well. With your recent terrain building and painting spree, I think I'll just point you towards "TheNickeNinja", who I think owns just about the most spectacular collection of underhive terrain in existence. I think you'll rather enjoy his work!

The Escher leader is also a really cool conversion! I love how you're expanding beyond the material provided by the stock sprues with your recent models, and the female GSC Magos is an inspired choice! The sword seems a bit clunky, though -- don't you think a Dark Eldar sword might do the trick a bit better?

As always, keep up the fantastic work, buddy! :)

Thanks guys! It's good to read your nice reactions to my terrain. I'm frantically working to finish the terrain before June 1st - the start of the ETL. Of course, I expect everyone to vow for the Chaos Space Marine forum. 

Here's some pictures of terrain finished or half finished.

The first solo silo - there can be a hexagonal platform attached to the top of this, but they're not nearly finished.
gTeZu7S.jpg

Same deal with these ball shaped silos - I decided to stack them. I ordered another Sector 3 Industrial COmplex from TTCombat and there's a solo ball shaped silo in there.

AbqF4Ud.jpg

Then there's these three connected silos. I love the versatility of this kit - the tops are now off, but I have them. Also, the solo silos fit right on top of these. For the goop inside I used a Water effects mixed with some GW greens and browns swirled together. This piece is not finished yet - it still needs some detailing and of course three platforms.

1WzlrGq.jpg

And half-way finished (as in bright blue and yellow, but lacking grime, rust streaks, damage, and OSL, as well as the black stripes on the hazard markings. 
XhWBa3p.jpg

Onwards!

I also had a great game against Minh, who plays Chaos Cult. I won, and now I have enough cash and a good roll on the trading post to afford and have access to some hefty heavy weapons. I can actually buy a Heavy Bolter now. But I'm torn - should I buy it, or perhaps a Lascannon. Or a Multimelta? All are possible with the cash I have!

Let me know what any Necromunda enthusiasts think about this choice....!

Cheers

Replies:

@ hushrong: haha no worries. OSL will be and has been done. 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: CHeers! It's not that original though - there's a ton of people on the Escher groups on FB and Insta that have made it. 

@ KrautScientist: Krauty! Always good to receive your comments. That Nick the Ninja's stuff indeed is the stuff of legends. Sadly, I do not have the time or the patience to make something like that, although it does get my juices flowing. Thank you for the positive feedback on the choice of the GSC magos - but please know that this is about the most standard Escher conversion on the interwebs right now... it's really not my idea. I did thunk of the sword and pistol though, and I hear you re: the clunkiness. But you know, the Underhive is a place of hardship and scarcity - so even though "Mad" Deana would have loved a fancy Edlar sword, she just had to make do with this run off the mill power sword!

@ Brother Calidan: I know right? I already did that! Check pics 3, 6, and 7 of this post. :) 

Great work - and I approve on your "push the terrain before ETL starts line :yes:!

Also, sneaky Iron Warriors on Necromunda? Some one call the Imperial Fists!! :whistling:

Thanks guys!

My Escher girls are getting stronger and stronger - and richer. Their reputation is now so great that I might even gain a Cariatid flying baby. This also works to my advantage when going to the trading post, where I have a lot more access to rare items. So I had 200+ credits to burn and bunch of items up to a rarity level of 12 to pick from. I wanted to finally buy a heavy weapon - but which? The Heavy Bolter would have been the logical choice as I had just build one. But then my buddy Willem suggested I get a lascannon. Out came the book and my eye also fell upon a Multi Melta. All have their ups and downs...

-lascannon: ADVANTAGES high strength means always wound on 2+; really good ammo roll of 4+; high range means great at Sector Mechanicus || DRAWBACK is that there's little scope availability; only one shot, advantages aren't really an issue in Zone Mortalis.
-heavy bolter: ADVANTAGES lots of shots with a medium strength, medium range, medium damage. Accurate at short range - great for both Zone Mortalis and Sector Mechanicus || DRAWBACKS really poor ammo roll coupled with 2 rapid fire dice means ammo is an issue

-multi melta: Super killy, reasonably good ammo roll of 4+, accurate because blas, fantastic in Zone Mortalis || DRAWBACKS scarce ammo; short range means bad at Sector Mechanicus, blast means SM is less of an advantage

Now that I'm writing this I think the lascannon is the poorest choice and I should have gotten a multimelta (also because I have two Ammo Caches to counter then Scarcity) but I went for the Lascannon - as someone on Facebook put it - because LASCANNON. Also House Escher is known for its laser weaponry so I thought it would be the coolest weapon. 

And I already build a miniature for her!
pcKGtuM.jpg

She's done really well in her first game - shooting a Champion right off an edge and to it's death! I also like how it's such a threat that people avoid areas for it. 

I also finished the build of the Heavy Bolter:

UmarPLn.jpg

I hope you like them! Let me know what you think. :)

Cheers:

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: And you're a great follower! Really dude, I appreciate the continued support of this thread :)

@ Atia: Iron Warriors? Because of the hazard stripes? Come on now!

@ Chaeron: Thanks, buddy! Are you joining us for the ETL?

Do your girls have an AdMech and/or Inquisitorial enclave's support? Unless such wealthy and well-connected patrons provide your girls with suspensors (miniature anti-gravity devices), the lascannon and heavy bolter should be too damn heavy for an un-augmented human to even lift, much less use with any proficirncy on the battlefield- and if your House DOES have such support, you might as well give the House's head and her elites power armor.

Do your girls have an AdMech and/or Inquisitorial enclave's support? Unless such wealthy and well-connected patrons provide your girls with suspensors (miniature anti-gravity devices), the lascannon and heavy bolter should be too damn heavy for an un-augmented human to even lift, much less use with any proficirncy on the battlefield- and if your House DOES have such support, you might as well give the House's head and her elites power armor.

Well the mining laser can be used my normal Mining Workers too, so no reason a late-Campaign Escher wouldn't be able to lift one up?^^

Thanks guys! I finished early with work today and as the GF is off to Norway*, I decided to finish all of the remaining MDF TTCombat buildings I had left. And now they're done! I couldn't resist and build a game table for it, just for the pictures. So here they are! (Sorry for the fuzziness here and there. It was late and my phone camera sucks at non-macro shots)

CFwRgxg.jpg

pRiQcuF.jpg

QpbmWoU.jpg

lp0aStp.jpg

VGyvxRK.jpg

GVOwhdN.jpg

6OsoRzn.jpg

7EuJlrF.jpg

oQyfTwz.jpg

lcW9U39.jpg

Took me long enough... luckily as with all paint schemes, I've started to get into it and made it far, far more efficient. What took me days before now was done in a single evening. I ordered one more Sector 3 Industrial Complex and three Sector 1 Large Platforms which I already received - so I should be able to completely fill a 4x4 table with terrain, and buiid up to three stories high in about a month. Sadly, it won't account for any points in the ETL.... Oh well.

Replies:

@ Leviathus: Hey buddy! Heven't seen you comment here before - thanks! I really appreciate it, comments make this thread go. The heads are the FW Escher heads, yes Well spotted! :thumbsup:

@ Atia: Shhhh, I won't tell if you won't. Also, re: the lascannon; mi idea, su idea

@ hushrong: Cheers, mate! Yes! They have, and they will. I calculated that if I send all my characters to the trading post after next game, that I will be guaranteed a Caryatid on a roll of 7+ on 2d6.... MIght be interesting. 

@ Bjorn Firewalker: No, they don't. They're just awesome, and have a fierce reputation (23 now) - so they have an easy time getting stuff from the Trading Post - which is where I also got a suspensor for the lascannon. Once I can afford a new champion, she'll either get a multi melta or a heavy bolter - but you can be sure she'll get a suspensor with that, too. But I digress - you're being a Facebookian negative nelly and you forget the three most important words in all of the hobby: ROOL OF COOL :wink: Also, what Atia says afterwards.

@ Aita: that

*Yes, Norway... on Friday I will follow her to that beautiful country for a week of Nordic debauchery. And on the 8th of June, I will fly to Iceland with my dad, to explore and learn about that country. Two Scandinavian countries in less than a month? I should pillage a cloister when I get back to the Low Countries!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Cheers guys. Replies:

@ SkimaskMohawk: Thank you! 

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Haha no reaction to my answer, eh? ;) The poster I got from the interwebs. I fyou want it too, send me a PM, I'll wetransfer an entire PowerPoint full of them. 

@ teku: haha thanks dude. I've been called that before...

@ Quixus: That table consists of these sets:
1x Sector 3 Complex
1x Sector 1 Complex
2x Walkways
2x Power Generator
1x Chem Vat Connector 
1x Chem Vat
1x Sphere Silo
2x Sector 3 Chem Vat Platform 
1x Sector 3 Stairs 
2x Municipium Sector Fan Platform 
1x Sector 1 Large Platform

I never knew Nottingham is made of plastic!

Amazing terrain. I still haven't worked out how to paint my mdf terrain at all.

Well the mining laser can be used my normal Mining Workers too, so no reason a late-Campaign Escher wouldn't be able to lift one up?^^

According to the Deathwatch Overkill booklet the mining laser is a modified servo-arm one, not something normal miners can wield like a weapon. Normal use probably involves a team of miners with a heavy duty tripod but the servo-arm option is implied to be rare enough to be non-standard but likely enough that 'three armed mutant' isn't the first thing an Inquisitorial team would think when seeing a Genestealer Cult mining laser.

Humans being so badass they can wield weapons they shouldn't be able to is a very common 40k trope that the Necromunda heavy rules basically assume anyway.

Edited by Closet Skeleton