++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Woah, definitely wasn't expecting this! They are really gone, huh? That is going to take some time to get used to... But hey, can't wait to see updates from you again, Reiver helmets are badass, and based on your (still unfinished last time I checked :P) Nurgle Daemon Prince you could make some stunning Death Guard, though there's a lot of that around this days...

I must say that I have thought of selling my older models sometimes, specially those I don't use much, but I can't make my mind around it, there's something special about every model I make I guess... I think they'll eventually be repurposed...

Anyways, hope to see pics soon ;)!

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

I'm the lucky guy that scored the remnants of Augustus' NL and the IF.  My only regret was not catching the FB post earlier to take the whole entire NL army.  It's almost too beautiful to not be kept together.  Following his threads, talking to Augustus, you get a sense of real passion and joy for the hobby.  Even the way he writes is compelling.  

Like I told you earlier today Augustus, you're a damn renaissance man!

Thanks for the warm welcome back, team!!

Hobby juices have been flowing.

First off, I've started with the replacement of the 'Blood Warriors Berzerkers', remember the guys with leather boots? They were a quick fix, to be honest, and the leather boots have always bothered me a tiny bit. Plus, in 8th edition, Khorne Berzerkers with CHain Axes and Chainswords are a lot better than Berzerkers with a Close COmbat WEapon and Bolt Pistols, which is the armament of the Blood Warriors. 

So I need to rebuild all thirty of them. My aim is to use the raptor runnign legs and Reiver heads. I started with two, which are trials and proof of concept for me. Take a look:

First up is an icon bearer:

BDuzrXX.jpg

And a 'regular' Berzerker.

3bXT0NM.jpg

What do you think? Let me know!

I'm thinking of ordering a gang of Goliath gangers from the new Necromunda game, to use for bits in these three squads.

Anyway, another development is my upcoming Death Guard project. I made some GW purchases:
Exv0xUE.jpg

I also have two sets of the Dark Imperium Deat Guard, plus an additional Foatid Bloat Drone and a bat load of Death Guard bits from a site, as well as about two complete MkIII squads from the Burning of Prospero kit. Should be enough to make a sizable foot slogging army, no? My plan is to add a couple Rhinos, a Land Raider, three Helbrutes, at least three Myphitic Blight Haulers (which I find to be extremely cool models), and perhaps a Plagueburst Crawler or two. 

Tons of conversion fun ahead, I would say.

Anyhoo, my current focus needs to be on a commission I got from the guy who bought all my Imperial Fists and about half of my Night Lords: he commissioned me to paint two Land Raiders (one Mars Pattern and a MkIIb) and a Fire Raptor. I'll be building and painting these over the course of the coming month-and-a-half or so. 

Yesterday saw the box of Forge World goodies arrive!
0qQhkle.jpg

It's always cool to receive boxes and boxes full of miniatures!

Lots of stuff ahead! I'll be updating regularly from now on, and hopefully Ranker, who is the guy who commissioned me, will be here to provide me with feedback. 

Cheers!

Replies:

@ ElDuderino: Thanks for the commiserations, but not to worry: I have plenty up my sleeve yet. :)

@ MrBear: Yeah sticking my fingers in my ears and going LALALALALALA is a favourite coping mechanism of myself too. ;)

@ rednekkboss: Hurray! That'd be awesome. If you do find yourself in Amsterdam one day, be sure to contact me. I'm very happy to hang out with you :)

@ Sagentus: Cheers, buddy! Glad to be back :D 

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Thanks for your kind words - It's always awesome to read that my work has been inspirational. I share the hope that generic Chaos gets a redo. 

@ BubblesMcGub: That's nice of you to say, Bubbles! Yeah, I miss playing with them too, but only in 7th - and that was never going to happen anymore anyway.... 

@ hushrong: Yeah it was kind of life changing. I booked several flights and vacations with the dough, though, so it all went to a good place :)

@ Teetengee: Aww! And Yay! Khorne cares not, as they say. Glad to have you on board the Khorne and Nurgle stuff!

@ ShVagYer: Well, it's not that I will never paint any more Night Lords or Imperial Fists anymore (I just took a commission for three big Night Lords vehicles) and have plenty unpainted IF stuff. It's just that I won't be adding those to an excisting army of my own anymore. My plan is to just paint them when I feel like it, and then perhaps sell them in bulk someday. And sure I'll come to terms with the fluff, no worries. The fact that those ridiculous MkX marines now exist just gave me an extra reason to sell the IFs. It won't prevent me from adding to my Chaos stuff in the least!

@ misterkho: Hurray! Already looking forward to it. And with you selling your Death Guard, I'm glad I can be the one with the coolest Barbaran army in twon. ;)

@ Atia: I still have the Scorpion! I thought about repainting her and so didn't sell her, but if I find a seller, I will! Interested? ;)

@ The Traitor: Yeah the Nurgle Prince still needs finishing! And please spare me the melancholic musing about the specialty of every model. Remember every single Imperial Fist marine had a name, and it was given to them by you all! I felt pretty bad about that. But it had to be done. 

@ Brother Chaplain Kage: We should! I have caught up with your recent progress and I must say I envy your sculpting skills. Those wing muscles look mighty and fine!

@ Ranker: Hey buddy! Thank you for those kind words! I am very, very glad that I could sell off such a large part of the NLs and all my Is to an appreciative buyer such as yourself. I am very happy about it for sure and am excited to start work on the vehicles you commisioned me for!

@ Atia: I still have the Scorpion! I thought about repainting her and so didn't sell her, but if I find a seller, I will! Interested? :wink:

Sine I'm not really playing, it would be a waste to give her to me. Imho, keep her, because she is sooooo awesome. Even if it's just as a memory peace for your Night Lords =)

Also can't wait what you are doing with your DG - had a lot of fun with mine, they are really awesome models, especially big Morty!

Really liking the bezerker conversions, I do like what you and Bio have done using the raptor kits. 

Looking at what you have purchased and what your plan is i am very much looking forward to what you are going to do :) 

Cheers, guys!

Today I started work on the Night Lords vehicle commission I got: starting with the MkIIB Land Raider. It's a pretty awesome kit, if you ask me. 

v1Xv07v.jpg

I'm right now waiting for the Sponsons to dry - but mostly for my Airbrush's replacement parts to arrive in the mail so I can resume building this darn thing. It'll also get a combimelta copula-mounted weapon, and of course the mandatory skull, flesh, and helmet trophies (my) Night Lords vehicles are so famous for. ;) In the meantime, I'll start work on the second -completely plastic) Land Raider. 

Cheers!

Oh and in other news, I started with a new image hosting company: imgur, and will be transitioning all my pictures in this thread and in all ETLs and all my Hall of Honor threads soon enough. I have come to detest Photobucket. Their website sucks, their apps don't work, and their service is abysmal - even nonexistent. 

Cheers!

@ The Traitor: Yeah Reiver heads are badass indeed! The DP should be finished, but I need to get back in the sculpting game - it's been almost six months by now...

@ Atia: I might keep her, OR I might buy a new one and sell her... We'll see. I'm curious though as to your DG recipe - I've seen your work on them and they look exactly like I want mine to look. Care to share?

@ Biohazard: Cheers, mate! I'm looking forward to starting those DG. I also bought some biohazard backpacks and helmets from MaxMini... 

@ Sagentus: Cheers - it was all Bio's idea. My work on those are complete rip-offs from his work!

@ hushrong: Cheers buddy! Yeah money went to good use indeed. South Africa and Malawi here I cooooooome!

@ kizzdougs: Thanks! What're you wroking on lately?

@ Lexington: Thanks mate! That chainaxe was actually an accident. I love those FW chainaxes, but hate that they're so fragile - so my solution is always to pin them on GW plastic axe handles. (Please do the quoted pic between hidden brackets, though!)

Here we go :)

- Primer with Corax White (GW spray can)

Basecoats:

White:

- Coat of FW Typhon Ash

- Zenithal layer of FW Typhon Ash mixed with a bit of white

- Shading with thinned down Agrax Earthshade

Green:

- Coat of Loren Forest

- Highlight with a mix of Loren Forest and Death Guard Green

- Shade everything (white and green) with thinned down Seraphim Sepia. I use the FW airbrush clear for this (lots of lots of lots of FW clear mixed with sepia)

Highlights and Bronze:

- White is highlighted with Vallejo Aged White - I mix more and more white into it for further ones.

- Green is further highlighted with a mix of Death Guard Green and Screaming Skull.

Bronze parts is

- Basecoat of Castellax Bronze

- Agrax Earthshade

- Highlights with Sycorax Bronze

- Highlights with Stormhost Silver

- Verdigris (I'm using the technical verdigris paint from Vallejo)

Weathering:

- I sponge some Iron Hands Steel and Vallejo Dry Rust on green and white parts

- Streaking with Verdigris, Vallejo Vomit and Ammo of Mig Streaking Rust Effects

- Metallic parts get some rust weathering powder 

Land raider is looking off to a great start! I've always liked the look of that model because of the side-sponsons really emanate those earlier tank designs. I really want the achilles pattern with those side sponsons. Mmmph.

Those trips sound pretty cool. I have never been to Africa but I always hear cool stuff about various places over there. Like in Djibouti...where apparently John Cena is king in the eyes of children there.

: What are you working on lately?

Not a lot to be honest... I've been pretty busy outside of the hobby. I'm also between projects at the moment so I'm finding it hard to decide on what to work on next. I've got a few ideas, but it's hard to make a decision/commit :)

Thanks, team!

Work on the Night Lords MkIIb Land Raider continues.

When building a Chaos Land Raider, there's always those annoying Aquilas on every thirteeth track to consider. Some people let them on, others deface them. Some replace them with the flat chaos star from the Chaos Vehicle spiky sprue. I did something similar to the last.

First I cut and filed off the Aquila.

4xFPRNA.jpg

Then I glued on a plastic skull from the Citadel Skulls kit (what an amazing kit that is, btw!) with the back cut and sanded flat.

Ssxn85x.jpg

And then I sculpted some wings besides the skull!

brWRtp6.jpg

Hope you like! Thanks for looking and commenting :)

Replies!

@ hushrong: Yeah specifically the first true tank ever, the British Mark I! There were two variants, a male (with artillery sponsons) and a female (with machine gun sponsons). Although lascannons are neither, but I don't want to start a gender discussion about tanks. 

@ BubblesMcGub: For the commission there's a Mars Pattern Land Raider, a MkIIb Land Raider and a Fire Raptor. I also just accepted a commission for a Night Lords Spartan, but he'll have to wait a few weeks! 

@ Kizzdougs: Well, your new EC scheme looks amazing (although I loved your first scheme even more) and the Sons of Horus look great too. Tough decision.

@ Nemac Vradon: I quit doing the berzerkers as there are rumours of new plastic berzerkers around the corner!

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Haha thanks, mate! Good to be back!

Now that they're dry, they're looking mighty fine, wouldn't you agree?

WFVNrjQ.jpg

As you see, I also added a pintle-mounted havoc launcher and the copula with a bolter-melta combiweapon. It was a proper pain to convert the normal bolter into the melta part of the combiweapon, but I think I succeeded.

jM9DnQw.jpg

And, should my client (frater Ranker) not want to mount the havoc launcher in a game, I magnetized it and a search light (which is standard on a Land Raider anyway):

h4Rv1PL.jpg

Now, all that is left to do is Night Lord-ify the tank. Therefore, next up are trophies: skulls and helmets on spikes, and pinned and stretched skin - fresh from the skinning pits!! :D

Cheers!

@ Atia: Cheers, buddy!

@ ElDuderino: It's actually super easy as there are so many reference points around the wings. Plus, they're so small, my sculpting tool was also a reference point - the indentures on the wings are exactly as wide as its tip! The khornate guys will have to wait: I heard a rumour GW's releasing plastic berzerkers in 2018...

@ BubblesMcGub: Cheers, matey!