++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Cheers, Bubbles.

I'm on quite a roll at the moment. I think I just finished buidling the Land Raider!

To procure their VIII symbols, I butchered two FW Night Lords Rhino front doors...

Juj6kIh.jpg

...and used them on the Lascannon armour plates for the upcoming Mars Pattern Land Raider: 

kt29Uq1.jpg

Next, I added lots and lots of flayed flesh and Tarot Cards, and the trophies of one of those Rhino front doors to decorate the MkIIb Land Raider's sponsons:

XnEGgCD.jpg

tBRs6yB.jpg

Finally, I put flayed flesh over the headlights - I figured the MkIIb being an older pattern, it must make more noise. So what is scarier than seeing a Land Raider coming towards you in the night? That's right, a hearing a Land Raider coming towards you in the night....

MOTEtrw.jpg

I imagine Guardsmen crapping and peeing their pants when they hear the rumble of this tank coming towards them, with speakers blasting recorded sounds of the Night Lords' victims.... They'll know they're doomed. DOOOOOOOOOMED!

Hidden Content

Lol!

Fantastic work on the Land Raider! The flayed skin looks awesome and the Legion symbol on the tracks is inspired. If you do another Land Raider maybe the 'VIII' would make for a good replacement for the aquila?

Looking forward to seeing it painted up :tu:

Tank build is finished!

I added some more flayed flesh and a couple of skulls and helmets on spikes. Have a look!
sGTg1NH.jpg

mmJ5nlo.jpg

NuGdUkM.jpg

35HcnlN.jpg

Here's the front:

WR5Haxc.jpg

And the two sides:

mK6l92i.jpg

xkzktee.jpg

As you might have noticed, I magnetized the Havoc Launcher, the Search Light, and the Smoke Launcher, so they can be arranged however required, or left off all togehter

0IaZb2y.jpg

For storage, I added three magnets under the underside on the front, so that all three detacheable items can be stored safely, without the danger of them locking on to the strong magnet below the normal place of the Havoc Launcher - which if that happens would be a pain to remove the item :)

XCWqzOy.jpg

I hope you like! On to the Fire Raptor!

Replies:

@ Sagentus: I'm interested in your idea! Sculpting khornate sybols isn't difficult, but I wonder how you would make a short, wide one!

@ Ranker: LoL! I cannot relate to that sentiment, but I'll take your word for it! :D Let me know if there is anything you want changed or added to the build :)

@ guardian31: That's mighty fine of you to say, sir! 

@ kizzdougs: Aww, that's an awesome idea indeed! Problem is I don't have enough 'VIII's for that.... :(

@ kizzdougs: Aww, that's an awesome idea indeed! Problem is I don't have enough 'VIII's for that.... :sad.:

I was thinking either plastic-card or greenstuff. It wouldn't be too difficult considering the simple lines of 'VIII'.

Finished the tank. Huff huff. Just in time for the Call of Chaos deadline!

RCmWNOk.jpg

QELhdM6.jpg

Xw4tF14.jpg

ortqsHP.jpg

Y3pQD6O.jpg

yFReEQr.jpg

NV6YSsH.jpg

L3H1HkM.jpg

Please, come in.... :biggrin.:

GFDdECH.jpg

Hpe you like (especially Ranker :yes:)

Replies!

@ BubblesMcGub: Get an airbrush. I can also teach you a lot. :)

@ Kizzdougs: Hmmmm food for thought. Might give that a try. :)

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

This looks amazing. I was catching up the thread and was about to respond with “this looks so amazing and it’s not even painted yet.”

Well, scroll down a little further and there it is, all painted up in all of its glory. I’m loving it! I smiling like a kid opening up a present on Christmas Day.

Awesome dude!

Also sure ill buy an airbrush now what else can you learn me? You have teached me a bit of greenstuffing, you are gonna help me build some bigger models and you will teach me the way of the airbrush so what will be the next stap?

JK but i do want to get into airbrushing for all my larger models

(Sorry for the rather large slightly offtopic comment)

*Mutters in frustrated admiration of your ability to get progress done*

Really?! Two days!? Wait... what? Twenty four hours?! ... Oh, you stink, in the most amazing way possible.

Ok, that's it, I've got to start getting paint on more things. I think this just gave me a mild aneurysm. Well played.

Cheers, team!

It's time for my next project: a second Night Lords Fire Raptor! This new project brings me to something I've always wanted to share here, namely a big influence on my creative process: Tom Sachs' Ten Bullets film. In it, Tom Sachs and his crew espouse their Ten Bullets system for creating an environment -or spacial structure- wherein creative processes can take place.  It's very much been an influence in the way I give structure my hobby and work spaces, and has allowed me to be as efficient as I am in painting. Even though 'structure' and 'creativity' seem like antonyms, I've found that a structured work environment is very much necessary to take distractions away and to focus on what needs to be done. Its not for everyone, but I would recommend at least watching all ten bullets in their order.

Here's bullet VIII (how apt, for a Night Lords project, wouldn't you agree? :wink:

If you want to see the entire 10 Bullets film, here it is:

Hidden Content

Because, you know, there's a LOT of parts for this project, and they come on three plastic sprues and four bags of resin bits!
tjtUdnf.jpg

And with that in mind, I 'Knolled' all parts of the Fire Raptor, like they show on the instructions!
8rj5brd.jpg

uB0yKgt.jpg

My first Fire Ratpor was build just after it came out in the Autumn of 2013, and BOY did the cast for this kit suffer from its popularity! I know understand why this kit has such a bad reputation among novice hobbyists. A lot of cleanup was required, using my hair dryer to soften the resin up to avoid bits snapping off as I clipped them. Everything is now clean and bathing in a warm soapy bath:

HkIVsQ0.jpg

Replies!

@ HreyRavenC: I'M BACK BABY! lol! Thank, buddy! :wink:

@ Quixus: I guess fPanzer answered your question? :biggrin.:

@ fPanzer: INDEED! 

@ Ranker: Glad you like her, buddy! Now, she needs a name!

@ BubblesMcBub: No worries about that!

@ Sagentus: Thanks for commenting, buddy! Glad you're back too :smile.:

@ Kierdale: And furious?

@ Subtle Discord: Stinky is what I'll be goign for when I start my Death Guard :smile.:

@ The Traitor: I"M BACK BABY!

@ gianlucafiorentini: Sure, buddy! It's from Secret Weapon, the sack o' corpses

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Really nice work detailing the Raider with all those extra little bits and pieces.

Smashing paint job as usual, I must say I'm rather jealous of the speed with which you knocked it out, though I imagine you paid a hefty price in sleep.

Pity to see the Night Lords and Fists go, but I completely understand the motivations and look forward to your future projects.

Really nice work detailing the Raider with all those extra little bits and pieces.

Smashing paint job as usual, I must say I'm rather jealous of the speed with which you knocked it out, though I imagine you paid a hefty price in sleep.

Pity to see the Night Lords and Fists go, but I completely understand the motivations and look forward to your future projects.

Cheers, buddy! No sleep was lost at all. I painted the blue and black on Thursday night, with my airbrush and in about three hours. And I was off on Friday, so I painted for three hours in the morning, then took a two hour lunch break, and proceeded to finish it in five hours more. It's mostly because I painted sooooo many Night Lords before that I am now extremely efficient. I use each colour only once, knowing exactly the order in which I use them. That saves a ton of time. Plus, the only time I used a brush smaller than size 3 is for the lightning - so that makes things easy as well. 

Great to see you back Augustus, your work is amazing and has inspired me and many others on this forum as well.

I know its commissioned but its neat to see your take on Night Lords again. And, I am still stunned by how quickly you achieved such high quality results.

Looking forward to what comes next!