++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Congrats on being admitted to that event in Gibraltar, buddy! Let's face it, though: Your armies are brilliant, so why wouldn't they have admitted you? ;)

The new Helverin is coming along well -- small surprise, there ;) I think I'd lose the horn directly above the head, though, and maybe move the one directly above that a bit forward? The ensemble looks a bit wacky as is. And I'd also argue against adding horns to the pilot's head -- he's looking crazy enough as is ;)

Really looking forward to seeing your Necromunda gang take shape! That'll be a sight to see! :)

Congrats on getting into the event! New stuff is looking good! Necromunda looks good, I have a bunch of the gangs, but haven't actually gotten the chance to play. Mostly I play Kill Team now. Sad to hear it will be a minute before we see old Morty but I can't wait to see those drones painted. 

Really cool update! Looking forward to hearing more about Necromunda. I'm thinking about getting a few gangs to get my non-warhammer friends into the hobby. I'd be interested in hearing how your games go. The new helverin is looking pretty awesome. Love the old metal thirster tabard, too.

Thanks, guys!

Two more Necromunda miniatures - this time made from Third Party bodies. I'm not sure where I got these, as I believe I bought them back in the winter of 2015, when I was intending to make Septimus, Octavia and Deltrian to complement my First Claw conversions...

TBuRyAl.jpg

ONGxtE1.jpg

Let me know what you think! :)

Cheers

Replies:

@ KrautScientist: Thanks! And yes, you're right that the horn on the carapace should be lowered - I have since, but I quite like the dual middle horns. I'll post some more pictures when I have completed the build :)

@ guardian31: Oh dude, go and play Necromunda - it's such a treat. I was annihilated and still had fun!

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks! Yeah the thirster tabard idea came from KrautScientist, but I added the Blood Throne 'wheel shield' to bulk it up slightly.

Another Double Post, then!

The first of three Chaos Helverins is finished:

g9bA4Km.jpg

nUNsCeO.jpg

gmqzJsA.jpg

YZerJ2t.jpg

zcSEvgw.jpg

ZuWTnDM.jpg

So in the end, I decided to keep both middle horns, but lower the angle of them against the carapace. I added some more trim to them, as well as a ball of greenstuff in the round hole of the plastic tabard, to make it into a gem-like structure. Please also note that the weapon arms aren't necessarily the final arms, as they're magnetized and can be exchanged for the Butcher Cannons I have for the other two. 

I particularly enjoyed sculpting the thigh-and-knee armour pads - so much so that I also started doing the two sets for the other two Helverins I'm planning. Here's this one's kneepads:

kgqljUa.jpg

And here's the other two sets:

olHpC4B.jpg

RjL9b0j.jpg

I hope you like 'm! 

Please comment :) I appricate likes, but this is a community, so there's nothing to keep this thread, me, and ultimately the forum going as comments do, people!

Man that trim is looking good, you should definitely be proud of those thigh and knee pad armor parts. And the two new gangers are looking really nice. The second one seems to have no back? Maybe it is the angle of the photo or she has a real skinny abdomen? The more I look at that helverin the more details pop out. I didn't even notice the chainblades under the guns at first, but man those are a nice touch! Form certain angles his forehead seems a little big, but it is chaos after all. I'd love to play Necromunda, but I would have to find a) time to play it as I game on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, every other Fridays and Sundays at this point and if I play anymore my wife might kill me also b) I have to find people to play with. There is some interest so b might happen and I just have to figure out a.

Congrats on the No Retreat invite! 

Thanks, guys!

Two more Necromunda miniatures - this time made from Third Party bodies. I'm not sure where I got these, as I believe I bought them back in the winter of 2015, when I was intending to make Septimus, Octavia and Deltrian to complement my First Claw conversions...

The first one is a Reaper miniature from their Chronoscope line called Sascha Dubois. A friend bought one to use in a Rogue Trader rpg game I ran a few years back. 

*Subtle makes a mental note* Interesting. *Takes another mental note* Ooo... I like that. *Another note* That's a unique idea too. *Note*

Damn it, so much awesome going on with those Armigers and the myriad of little details you added. Much food for thought an inspirations for my own future projects.

Thanks for doing what you do, but please stop being so prolific in your output; I can't be the only one who feels like they work in slow motion when they see what you achieve month after month. :wink: Naturally, I kid, please don't stop. :smile.:

Another Double Post, then!

Well if your going to post repeatedly within 3 hours :whistling: many of us are busy at work doing important stuff snatching glances at our hobby addiction during snatched coffee brakes without the boss noticing. :yes:

Awesomeness like this though needs time to digest and formulate a reply as it leave many to busy picking their jaw up :jawdrop: .

The necromaunda stuff is looking really promising and will be cool to see it painted up, the first metal figure would make a cool bounty hunter as I'm not sure it's quite full on Escher but the second one should fit right in.

The Helverin is coming along great and the changes to the horns really work, the other knee pads are looking ace and I'll be raiding my WFB Chaos Knight spares and copying that when my warglaives hit my desk.

Cheers, guys!

I finished the first plastic Escher Ganger! - The word 'gangster' gets a whole different meaning when it comes to the Necromunda Escher gang, doesn't it? :D

Behold!  

4d3PS8T.jpg

ST4Z7uw.jpg

Rmhzdwa.jpg

This was the first I did as a single miniature. I'll try to do three at the same time now, see how that pans out. 

Let me know what you think, please! I'd love some feedback. :)

Cheers!

Replies:

@ guardian31: She does have an unnaturally thin abdomen, I agree. Maybe she's better fit as some form of bounty hunter, like Mechanist suggested.

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: CHeers, I appreciate your comments always!

@ BCK: Ah thanks! Glad to see the source of them. :)

@ Subtle Discord: Haha dude, you are inspiring to me in much the same way. :tu:

@ DuskRaider: YES IT IS A GAME TO ME MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Well, the rationaly behind the blade being not on the front is that too much force would be excerted, which would bend the barrels - there's no reason why the barrels should be put to use as basically pole-axe poles. Where they're situated now I figure they act as a defensive rather than an offensive weapon - no-one in their right mind would dare to come close to the hull (to perhaps click on a mine or something) with the chance of being shred to pieces with those blades whirring so close to your head.

@ rednekkboss: Go get some! You'd do the most amazing work on them for sure!

@ NOOBIENOOBLET: I hate the praetors. Their poses are absolutely rubbish and a prime example of lazy sculpting. 

@ Pyroclast91: Thank you!

@ firestorm40k: The skulls are from the Citadel Skull Kit, with the horns cut off and shaved to be smooth.

@ Mechanist: Thanks for the kind words - and you might be right about the sculpts. Glad to read you got inspired to work on your own chaosification projects!

What beastly Armigers!  So much good stuff going on.

I've got a couple I'm going to convert for my Death Guard and a Knight, but my GS skills still need a bit of work. 

For the trim, can you talk me through how you do the trim and round rivets?

Do you flatten a sheet on, cut the edges, and then press the ball in?

Cheers, team!

I've been working on the interiors of the last two Helverins ysterday, as well as painting the Escher gangers. Today, I finished them - three at a time seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Here's pictures (with side shots, as the enormously blown up format I used for the first one just reveiled what an awful painter I really am...)

First, my first shotgun-wielding ganger

7v7YpVZ.jpg

Second, a champion with a Chem-thrower

0bFDo6W.jpg

And lastly another lasgunner:

NI7cD5T.jpg

Together with the first one I painted, here's what the gang so far looks like:

NaSGmZD.jpg

And up next, three more!
Z82pIHf.jpg

I hope you like what you see and appreciate your C&C!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Mechanist: Thanks, that's kinda what I was going for - I hope you appreciate the new gals just as much. Say hi to Gavin for me, and tell him I love his sculpts. 

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you! What do you think of the next batch? :)

@ teku: On the clock! ;)

@ Chazzmos: Check out BCK's threat for some awesome tutorials on GS and sculpting - it really  upped my sculpting game. As for how I did it, your guess was spot on - that's exactly how I did it. 

@ Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Any idea where the word 'helverin' comes from?