++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Soooo, the last of the four COin Guild members is done - I present you; the Skinflint. At first I was completely puzzled by the name: 'skin'  and 'Flint' have Night Lordy connotations in the context of the hobby, as long-time members of this forum can well understand. But then the good people of the internet cleared things up for me and I am now of the understanding that the name is very a propos for a Factotum of the Coin Guild, as ' skinflint'  means "a person who spends as little money as possible; a miser." 

Enough talking, onwards to pictures!
UOZ7Iwv.jpg

HsCvwaX.jpg

4PAAr7B.jpg

Efqkaxn.jpg

k7bdljO.jpg

PFM3Jyg.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this guy - obviously he uses the confessor miniatorure from Warhammer Quest; Blackstone Fortress - with both hands replaced with the equipment he needs according to the fluff (a plasma pistol and an Icon) - but his head is very much my idea. I replaced the miter wearing fat head with a very gaunt-looking Reikland Greatsword head, which I 'obesed-up' by sculpting some chubby cheeks onto him. I stuck a nice feathered head on for that rich 'holier-than-thou' flavour and hey presto, I had a working miniature!

Let me know what YOU think. But hold back on the difficult questions; Bjorn Firewalker is already on those. ;)

Cheers

Replies:

@Bjorn Firewalker: 

Good job on the Grovellers. Considering the name has negative- and downright insulting- connotations, may I ask what purpose they serve in the Chain Guild? Are they diplomats the guild sends to "grovel" before important backers, in order to win financial and other support for the guild, as the chests chained to their backs indicate? "Grovel" before the God-Emperor or the Ministorum priests who are His representatives on Necromunda, to win indulgences for the guild members (i.e., deliver bribes to the priests, who'll then convince the Arbites to "look the other way" or "let them off the hook" regarding crimes the guild members commit)?

MAN do you ask the hard questions. First though, let me correct you. The Grovelers are bodyguards for the COIN guild, not the CHAIN guild. I know, I know, with the speed at which I am producing guilders it's hard to keep track, (extreme apologies for this haughty talk, it's just that I'm trying to put you in your place and make you feel like you shouldn't be asking the hard questions - which in real life I very much aplaud, so ignore me) but the Slave Guild (which I guess you mean with Chain Guild) really was months ago. That being said, the fluff for the Grovelers is really very limited. The Book of Peril has the following (and only the following) to say about them: "trade- coffers [...] are carried by the Master's Grovellers, indentured oath-breakers. Some Grovellers even have this precious knowledge carved, branded or tattooed onto their flesh, acting as living documents for the master to refer to - or should the need arise, flay off to give to an expedition leader." That's really all GW has to say about these guys, which to me is a blessing, because I could totally give my own interpretation to how these guys work. In any case, I like the religious overtones you gave them - acting as go-betweens between the Eclessiarchy and Hive-citizens and delivering bought and payed for indulgences. Nice touch!

@ BadgersinHills: Cheers! It's wonderful what a good and consistent Paint Scheme can do, no? :D

@ Mendi Warrior: Well thanks!

Good job on the Skinflint. Surprised someone with that title will bear a plasma pistol, as plasma weapons are consistently described as "rare," and thus, valuable, in Games Workshop publications. Hope it's not a cheaply made weapon, liable to explode in his hands.

Cheers, guys! 

Here's pictures of the entire completed Coin Guild Representative Party together:

hYpezr9.jpg

j7DxEmN.jpg

zAt5A9F.jpg

I hope you dig them - I am pleased with the result the Imperial Purple/Bone-white/Gold combination gave (admittedly blatantly and unskillfully stolen from Kizzdougs early Emperor's Children  

In any case, now that I am done with all the 'named character' guilds (the Iron Guild is yet to be part of this project, but they're just hired scum, so they don't really 'count' and I feel I can move on to other projects), I can do something I've already started with the Slave Guild: add fluffy miniatures that have no rules but do add flavour. I already made some servo-skull guarded prisoners for the slave guild, and have an idea for a tracked corpse cart for the Corpse Guild. But when I bougth the Triumph of Saint Katherine the other day, just for the bits, I had a fantastic idea for the dias. BEHOLD!

tL1CW7I.jpg

RDQ9PKR.jpg

YCKvrcB.jpg

5UHgqkB.jpg

xs4Uane.jpg

NOEj6QV.jpg

8Iy00se.jpg

qsmGfRr.jpg

4tMzjC5.jpg

The white coins are all 1.5 mm rod cut in slices. They're about 1mm thick, and I cut up at least 50 cm of rod up for it.... A hell of a job to do, but totally worth it!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and as always - let me know what you think.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Think of the plasma pistol as a future heirloom AND a solid investment: it's enblazoned with gold and the finest materials, and crafted by the most gifted Mechanicum Technopriests of the spire. It's worth a fortune AND gives protection. :tu: 

@ Sagentus: Cheers, buddy!

Augie, again...:jawdrop:

I don't know how many more times I can gush over the Gangers and Guilders you're doing. Excellent work on the Coin Guild and that new treasure chest is just fantastic. This stuff is getting so grim/dark 40k that its almost Blanche

It's done! 

Working for the Coin Guild can be hard if you're a Groveler. Grovelers not only are expected to get into the thick of it when tax-collecting gets rough, but the also carry the chests that hold the collected credits. Luckily, for extra-wealthy Coin Guilders, there's the Emperor-approved Anti-grav dias that can literally lift a weight from your shoulders. And if you're extra pious - chanting Thoughts for the Day as you collect, the Spire's Miniastorum Priests may end up blessing yours with some servo-cherubs for that extra bedazzling OOMPH!

Ahem. As you may have gathered, I finished the thing I made.

BEHOLD!

1DsXLVx.jpg

of0HORA.jpg

daI4Dv5.jpg

afgOVw0.jpg

XaT00nH.jpg

R9vyO3z.jpg

EgaWjiR.jpg

De1TajY.jpg

9CbML1T.jpg

k4bjWZN.jpg

I hope you like it. Let me know, I appreciate any and all C&C.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ jaxom: Haha thanks! How do you like it painted?

@ Verux: Thank you, Verux - that's kind of you to say :smile.:

@ BadgersinHills: Cheerio! You're so cool for keeping this thread active in trying times!

@ PowerHungryMonkey: haha well, thanks, I guess :smile.: Really though: I appreciate your visit and your lauding comments as always. Calling my work Blanchesque is akin to the best critique a hobbyist can get, I think - I am humbled and grateful. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

• 2 weeks later...

FAN-TAS-TIC!! :biggrin.:
Promethean guild is simply great! Really like the colours you've chosen and those striking cables snaking everywhere. Great job on the flames too!

Coin guild... Well, they already were good, but this flying casket bring them to yet another level! Also, my compliments on the icon :smile.:

I've been away for a while but you sure have been busy Aug. Bravo! Fantastic work :smile.:

Edited by Majkhel

W00T! 

Although I have a new job at the organization I work at, with a lot more repsonisbiity, I did manage to finish some of the mercenaries I creatd for my Iron Guild. It was a bit of a trek ot settle on a colour scheme that worked. At first I did them in yellow armour, and blue-and yellow cloth, but I couldn't settle on a blue that I liked. Then I went for a blue armour scheme with yellow and pink cloth, but that also didn't really jive. Untill I discuvered a very dark Purple colour in my paint collection - and LO! the following scheme was born. 

Here's pics of the first two mercenaries. 

AkDRBmv.jpg

m4ukl7F.jpg

aeCVUlt.jpg

dyBjYEW.jpg

xOrzpPw.jpg

qOs65gD.jpg

O6KTws6.jpg

ESUumuP.jpg

L12UoyG.jpg

I hope you like them. As you can ee, I am experimenting with doing the actual eyes of helmetless minis. It's a bit of a steep lurning curve, but I feel like I could manage this IF and when my new paitning tool arrives. More on that later. 

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Replies:

@ jaxom: Thanks! Yeah that was kinda the obvious choice, no? I actually hesitated to do them as such, thinking it would look weird. 

@ oldschoolsoviet: Ask me again, for I will not remember!

@ noigrim: Thank you! Yeah gold and purple brathe wealth, no? 

@ Bjon FIrewalker: As always, thank you!

@ RolandTHTG: great - what are you working on?

@ Majkhel: Thank you! Yeah the icon was a bit of a hassle to come up with. I really struggled to come up withsomething within the restrictions I had set myself - but suddely it dawned on me to use theat aquilla bit on the cuvature of the Cult Icon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still alive!

Sorry guys, I've so swamped that I sometimes think 'das war einmal' when I think of hobby time. 

Nevertheless, I did finish two Necromunda guys a couple of weeks ago, which I haven't had time to share here. So here goes!

The banner bearer:

4RGLqVV.jpg

And fancy shotgun fly guy number two:
2e2KmnZ.jpg

So this makes five hive scum (which look so fancy that I may as well field them as a Venator gang! Here they are in all their inglorious glory:

UReVVb5.jpg

I hope you like them!

I've agreed with the GF that I'm going to finish Mortarion in painting sessions stretched over a couple of Sundays. Here's what I did today:

H23bAmF.jpg

Not much, but hey - it's something!

Thanks for looking. Cheers

Replies:

@ noigrim: hahaha spiffing indeed! 

@ Majkhel: Thanks! How do you like them all five together now?

@ NadgersinHills: Well most of the bits used are Age of Sigmar conversions - they're Empire Freeguilders!

@ Midnightmare: Thank you! Yeah I think part of the grimdark atmosphere and success of the whole 40k Imperial aesthetic is defined by the mix of futuristic and medieval looks! 

@ hushrong: Thank you! I really enjoyed building it too. Cost me a lot, but well worth it!

@ Viridia: Yeah baby! Yellow and purple for the win if you want something to stick out! ;)