++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Thanks guys (K-Sci and Haelim) and Atia - wait. I'm a little fuzzy on my HH fluff. Are Solar Auxilia basically support troops for Astartes Legions?

not direct, but they fought together (f. e., the sons of horus had the "c'thonian headhunters")

maybe that scheme could work?

med_gallery_79873_10428_7979.jpg

Edited by Atia

Looking good Augustus, he's really coming together. For the (very) dead dudes on his base, I think the scheme Atia suggested could work well. The light colors would show off any blood effects very nicely. 

-Tarvick

@Atia: Ah, got it, thanks. I'm not sure though about the blue, any blue. I want them to look distinct, nay, completely different from Curze. Also, they are decoration to the model, and if they're painted in a blue, they'd distract from the focus of the model, the primarch. Especially when the blue would be brighter! 

@Teetengee: Exactly! :tu:

@helterskelter: cheers mate! The gold is VLG Old Gold with GW Devlad Mud and a light drysbrush of GW Leadbelcher

@Forte: Thanks! (At least I hope that was meant as a compliment :wink: )

@Tarvick: I agree that coagulated and thus dark blood looks great on light blue, but I'm afraid that same light blue would distract ^^ So I'm looking for some dark tones...

@deathspectersgt7: :thanks:

@MrBear: Cheers! I'm looking forward to working on him some more so he can get finished!

our king is looking fine :tu:

are you going to add lightning to his armour?

i get what you wanted with the zerker, but i still think it would look better with the foot turned:wink:

Thank you very much Atia, Tarvick and Teetengee... The blue on the Solar Auxilia would look great as an army, but I don't think it'll work on this base.  So even though I really appreciate the suggestions, I am going to have to disregard them for Kurze's base. 

@Atia: I did think about how cool white would be, and I do think it would work. But I have absolutely zero experience painting white armour and I know it's one of the most difficult colours to get right, so I'm going for just plain old black, gold and silver with red overtunes...... :tu: 

@Wicced: there is some lightning on it, but it is very thin and the pictures are a little grainy, I've noticed. Not to worry! :tu:

@Hydra: Black and Silver it's going to be! With gold and red, though ;)

What about Imperial Fists? We all know they don't love NL specially...

Also, I don't know how you're gonna solve the jet black eyes, but maybe some gloss varnish on them to give that wet weird feeling?

Very smooth paint slapping you're doing, congrats :)

White armor isn't that bad... Hell if I can manage it half way decently... 

It would look totes hawt as a contrast alongside Kurze's midnightness. 

But... I suppose red whatnots would look good too ^_^

No Imperial Fists or White Scars guys! The victims have received a very unobtrusive toned down colour tones.... It feels weird disregarding your advice, and be sure it wasn't because I did not appreciate them or that I didn't contemplate what you advised. But yellow, light blue or white just didn't seem what should be done. It didn't feel right and I went for my initial hunch. 

I'm happy with the result, and I hope you like it too.

I have to admit I fell for my 'need for speed', (AND BLAST IT I NOW SEE THERE'S UNPAINTED FILIGREE ON THE RED OF THE CLOAK!) I might in the future want to do another one. But for now, I give you the Night Haunter, Konrad Curze, Primarch of the VIII Legio Astartes.

WAY more pics in my Showcase Thread, here, btw.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-02-11%2018.11.13_zpshfsbrydg.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-02-11%2018.16.47_zpsgkgldfgj.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-02-11%2018.16.20_zpswlfvvkrg.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-02-11%2018.14.44_zpsckx3mhij.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-02-11%2018.12.02_zpscnv9ltkj.jpg

Feedback super welcome as always! 

@Wicced: "there be lightning" indeed. I'm honoured you went through the trouble of zooming in! 

@Tanhausen: Thanks mate! :thumbsup: No IFs unfrotunately... What do you think about the eyes now?

@Flint13: :biggrin.: thanks. I think it's hilarious how 'totes' is a word here now. :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass