++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

-snip-

@ Teetengee: Ha! I found that the FW Word Bearers Red is beautiful, easy to work with, and works very well with GW paints, specifically shading with Rhinox Hide. I think I´m actually doing red marines anyway!

-snip-

Then I guess I'll just have to create Iron Warriors berzerkers and some black and yellow bloodletters... (Maybe yellow bumps on black skin, hrmm.....)

Alright, first unit in my vow: the Soul Grinder!

Here's some proper WIP shots:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20160515_005_zps2qcvqqur.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20160515_004_zpsajhdq6q5.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20160515_003_zpsrmv9ajef.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20160515_002_zpsgf9t4vqu.jpg

Contrary to the defiler kit, this model I really like. Too bad the upper body is so mono pose... 

Replies!

@ Kurama: Put your money where your mouth is, buddy! ;) 

@ oldschoolsiviet: hahaha yes, very shaky camera. It was past midnight and my mancave doesnt have the best of lighting... 

@ Teetengee: You should, and I'm looking forward to them :)

YES! It goes without saying that I am really looking forward to seeing this all take shape! It's also good to hear that you seem to have found a red recipe that works for you, after all! On a related note, I couldn't help noticing that this here thread has now arrived on its 88th page -- quite an auspicious number, I daresay ;)

Blood for the Blood God!

Some task you have set yourself!

As we are both of the Legion I wish you all the luck as you've made it to the 41st millennium

Soul Grinder looks like a nice kit to start your vow with, enjoy, and I'll look forward to seeing it done :)

After spending the past two days going through this entire blog from the beginning to now, I am thoroughly glad I started at the beginning. You NL, WE, IF and Daemonkin are superb and outstanding. I will always be a fan of your Midnight Clad marines. I am about to follow this to get me inspiration to work on my DIY army that descend from the Blood Angels (yes, yes I know, I probably should follow my heart and succumb to the calling of Khorne and paint WE's, but Blood Angels are close to my heart ;P) I cannot wait to see what to see paint on all your models you have vowed for the ETL! Also, I am rooting for you to win against Kurama for y'alls little wager~ ;)

CMD7 signing out!

... DIY army that descend from the Blood Angels (yes, yes I know, I probably should follow my heart and succumb to the calling of Khorne and paint WE's, but Blood Angels are close to my heart ;P) ...

The Blood Angels only need one step to fall to Khorne. Take that step brother! Fall to Khorne! Join Chaos for ETL! We have cookies!

Thanks guys, for the comments. Especially during these frantic painting times, they help me enormously with motivation. Like fellow frater KrautScientist has recently stated: I find comments to be much more of a motivator than likes - especially if frater offer advice, feedback, or criticism. I am well aware my painting is alright, but it's never perfect and I am one of those people who really does want to continually improve. Feedback, both positive and negative, is IMO the best way to learn from others (as long as it is offered constructively, of course). For this very reason I always ask for it, and am very grateful for every comment. So thanks to all for helping me out in that way!

@ KrautScientist: Indeed, brother! I can't tell yuou how relieved I am for having come up with a satisfying red, which incidentally also looks good next to my older Khornate stuff. This thread having come to page 88 is indeed awesome, and I am so happy people like you leave comments often. Thanks! Blood for the Blood God!

@ helterskelter: Indeed! A shame you are still living in the past brother. Why test fate and not join the realm of chaos today? ;)

@ ChaptermasterDemon7: Duede thank you for that comment. I am always so happy to read that people go through this entire log and find it inspirational. :) :tu: Please do go ahead and answer the Call of Khorne. You know you want to.... ;)

@ Lord Thorn: YES COOKIES FOR ALL WHO JOIN CHAOS!!!

... DIY army that descend from the Blood Angels (yes, yes I know, I probably should follow my heart and succumb to the calling of Khorne and paint WE's, but Blood Angels are close to my heart ;P) ...

The Blood Angels only need one step to fall to Khorne. Take that step brother! Fall to Khorne! Join Chaos for ETL! We have cookies!

As much as I would love to dive head first into the blood bath of Khorne, I need to finish what I have planned for my Blood Guardians before I walk that path. I still have five Recon Marines from FW to paint so... ;)

BOOM! Soul Grinder finished. It's my first Chaos miniature in over eight months, and boy did it feel good. It's also my first miniature finished this ETL, and it tastes like moar MOAR!!!

Pictures: 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsmm1zm1uw.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpshyufegki.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpstlovghzg.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsd9syybg1.jpg

I hope you like him! Feedback and comments in gereral most welcome. Thanks for looking!

One to the Blood Slaughterers. ;)

Cheers,

Augs

@ ChaptermasterDemon7: Fair enough, buddy. But eventually you know you wshall succumb to the roaring whispers of the Blood God!!!

Thanks guys!

@ Aasfresser: Cheers, buddy!

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks :D Yeah I'm pretty happy with the result. I got the flesh recipe from KrautScientist. :tu:

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks bud. I try to make each base very detailed. :) Glad it came across as such. 

@ Brother Mayhem: It's the 160mm Citadel Round base from the GW website. It's perfect for the soul grinder/defiler! And thanks!

@ Brother Mayhem: It's the 160mm Citadel Round base from the GW website. It's perfect for the soul grinder/defiler! And thanks!

So you're saying you could fit four of them into a 15.5"x12" Battlefoam tray?

Interesting...

Cheers, guys! I've already started on the next entry in my vow, the Blood Slaughters. Creepy Khornate walkers that pack a punch and can be also run as Maulerfiend in regular games. 

I'm opting for a simple colour scheme for them, similar to the Soul Grinder. As I'm writing this, I already have all the base colours (metal, gold and red) down, so on to detailing. Hopefully by the end of this weekend, I'll have them finished. 

I also found out I ran out of UHU two component epoxy, so I can't start building the Typhon and Spartan yet! Woopsie! Better include a drive to my local hobby shop in my weekend plans....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjjs9ppbg.jpg

Replies:

@ Kurama: One day.... after the ETL. After I beat you bloody! ;) Blood for the Blood God!!!

@ Soric: Aha! Well, they're about to get blooded!

@ Nemac Vradon: Thanks dude! The next proejct are the Blood Slaughterers. After that there'll either be a Dreadclaw, or the Kytan Daemon Engine.... 

@ Res Ipsa Loquitor: I have no idea, buddy. 12" x 15,5 is about 30cm x 45cm, right? Perhaps you could fit two in that, because the model is quite bulky. Four? No way, unfortunately :(. :tu:  

Hmm. The pre-cuts only have slots for two SG/Defiler sized models, so that sounds about right.

If you don't mind answering, i) how hard do you think it would be to magnetise the body and 'thorax'/legs of the SG to keep the height down for storage/transport; and ii) how tall would the SG thorax/legs be without the body attached, roughly? Less than 4"?

I like how your Darth Vader and First Order accessories are on opposite sides of your painting mat.

Also I just got an Impaler and a Slaughterer in the mail myself! What are the odds of the timing on that? Totes excited to see what you do with them. 

Soul Grinder looks absolutely bad-ass, man! I've been meaning to buy one for a couple years now, but never got around to picking one up. Maybe that'll be my reward for myself when I complete my ETL vow. The skin might possibly benefit from another wash over it, in my opinion, but it still looks really good. Out of curiosity, what is the recipe for that? It looks like something that'd be handy to have in one's repertoire.

I love Blood Slaughterers, can't wait to see how those turn out for you.

Really like that soul grinder, though maybe pick out the eyes a little more? They kind of get lost in all that great looking flesh. Can't wait to see you do with those Blood Slaughterers and hopefully that Kytan sees some paint soon.:smile.: