++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Dude Talos is amazing but Xarl.......

I'm stealing that pose for my Night Lords!

I really love your painting style btw, I'm not sure what it is but the blue is really nice. I'm sure you've said before but could I have the recipe, or a link to where you've posted it.

WoW, Xarl is a real bad-ass :biggrin.: love his grumpy face <3 can't wait for the group-shot (aswell as the other cast ... you should do Vandred too!!)

Edited by Atia

It has been a bit of a hassle, but the finished model is totally worth it -- Xarl is perfect, just as I would have imagined him: A hulking, threatening brute with an enormous chainsword. Excellent job!

I second the demand for a group shot, btw! Oh, and doing a model for Deltrian is also a fantastic idea -- that guy just steals every scene he's in, in my opinion ;)

Anyway, amazing work! Congrats on a fantastic First Claw!

Thanks everyone, for the replies and likes! 

@SalvationOfReason: I'm not sure yet about the truescale dread. It seems I'm in way over my head to build a proper Octavia at this point..

@Flint13: Nope, not gonna stop. Trying to keep the momentum going. If I look at your learning curve, there's much to improve on mine.

@Black_out: Thanks. Just thanks! thanks thanks thanks ;)

@Kriegsmacht: Yeah that is cool huh? Mercutian has 'smite', which considering his heavy bolter also seemed fitting. ;)

@Kizzdougs: Coming up tonight!

@The Hydra: Sure mate, I posted my colour scheme secrets here.

@Atia: He IS a grumpy face! Hahaha And while Vandred isn't part of First Claw anymore, I might do him someday.

@KRautScientist: Group shot en route. What do you think of this guy as a bsae for Deltrian?

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99060105222_Techpriest1NEW01.jpg

@Brother Heinrich: :tu: Glad you like him mate!

@Brother Captain Arkhan: Cheers!

@AlDuderino: Will do will do!!

Hmm, to be honest, that's not how I pictured Deltrian at all: He is always described as skeletally thin and deceptively delicate, if I recall correctly. Maybe you should take a look at kitbashing him from some Necron bitz and a Cairn Wraith (or something like that)...?

As for Octavia, there are some Necromunda Escher juves that might fit the bill.

Edited by KrautScientist

^^ That is true. He is described as having a "skeletal thin" frame several times with a frame work exoskeleton.

Wasn't it mentioned he was even taller than the Astartes though? I'm 90% sure... 

i'm with Kraut and Flint on the Deltrian topic. he should be very thin and bony in my opinion. i always figured he would look like a mechanised mummy or skeleton.

Gave to agree with Kraut, Cairn Wraith body/robes combined with necron legs might do the trick, would have to extend the robe though. Maybe lengthen the body using part of a necron body/spinal bits.
Plus, there's that grinning skull mask bit for the Wraith head that would work perfectly for how his face is supposed to look.

I know the Cairn Wraith model is almost overused as far as Adeptus Mechanicus characters go, but to be honest, whilst reading the Night Lords omnibus I couldn't think of a better match for that figure than Deltrian's description (plus some legs). He's like an exceptionally slender, tall Grim Reaper.

Thanks for the input everyone. To be honest I was so wrapped up in getting the details of the Astartes members of First Claw during my last read-through of the trilogy, I haven't paid attention to Deltrian. So your descriptions are most welcome. 

The Cairn Wraith also sounds like a good basis. Basically Kierdale's awesome techpriest conversion over at the Arena Challenge thread, right? Perhaps with Thallax legs? 

Group shot! :biggrin.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/ADBs%20First%20Claw%20by%20Augustus%20bRaass_zpsxssu6y7r.png

Hope you like! Thanks for all the awesome feedback, suggestions and the discussion. I really enjoyed it and it has all pushed me to complete this squad to the best of my abilities!! :thumbsup:

There's a collection of all individual pics here in my showcase.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

A bit late to the party (as I missed Xarl being finished) but that group picture is jaw-droppingly good! They look absolutely brilliant!