Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread // Nurgle Jump Pack DP WIP p.151+

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
3821 replies to this topic

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts
  • Chapter Name: KDK, VII, VIII

Hi all, after posting most of my finished Night Lords models on my showcase thread, it's time to get back into the saddle of modelling again! I'll try to post as regularly as I can. Of course, inspiration sometimes fades, but I've found it is great to have a community to share your work and hobby with, so when I model and paint, I'll be sure to keep you updated. 

I hope you enjoy and maybe get inspired as I have been by what I've seen here. Please let me know what you know, be it praise, criticism or ideas. Some of the models I like the most have details on them that were inspired by other people's feedback, so feel free!

In this thread:
NIGHT LORDS run from the first page.
WORLD EATERS feature occasionally from this post on page 23, and heavily from this post on page 108.
IMPERIAL FISTS are the main focus since this post on page 52.

Please find my 47th Company Night Lords Showcase thread here.
Please find my 5th Company Imperial Fists Showcase thread here.

Want to name/claim a marine in my Imperial Fists army? Here's your chance.

TUTORIALS in this WIP thread:

• How to: SPEEDPAINT / what practices did I emplement to increase my productivity? 
  • How to: magnetize contemptor weapons
  • How to: sculpt flayed skin trophies
  • How to: use my recipe for painting Night Lords
  • How to: make life hacked super macro shots of your models
  • How to: create a relic magna melta predator from regular plastic GW bits
  • How to: sculpt muscles on daemonic engines
  • How to: create my Khorne Daemonkin bases
  • How to: paint my Khorne Daemonkin bases
  • How to: paint Imperial Fists with my recipe

I use something similar to this thing for my photo-setup.

Cheers!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 30 July 2017 - 02:00 PM.

• Prot likes this

Click for Showcase Thread ++ Night Lords ++ VIII Legio Astartes ++ 47th Company ++ The Night's Reapers ++
Click for Showcase Thread ++ Imperial Fists ++ VII Legio Astartes ++ 5th Company ++ The Heart of Stone ++
Click for Work in Progress Thread ++ Night Lords ++ World Eaters ++ Imperial Fists ++
jGw3ZnB.jpggallery_29004_6198_9553.pngETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_6489.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpggallery_29004_10383_6219.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_10383_9315.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_45765_11559_3592.pnggallery_45765_11559_3638.pngsml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_29004_9303_9633.pngETL_Medal_03.gifwe_badge_augustusbraass.png

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts

Here's my second Land Raider. 

I used the FW spaced armour and two of the new Legion doors on it. For my first Land Radier I used the new Legion hood and the Chaos doors. The Chaos hood's NL symbol was used on my Fire Raptor's wings. The hood was made using a word bearer's FW door symbol's daemon head, plus two wings of the NL cereemonial heads from GW. I glued these to a piece of plasticard with some beads for rivets. The TL Heavy Bolter was made using a defiler's reaper cannon, of which the barrels were shortened a little. The NL symbols on top are DE SCourges wings with a Lord of Skulls Daemon crest's skulls. I did a tutorial on them on page 1 of my Showcase thread.

I plan on putting some trophies on it and maybe do a large freehand of a reaper on the side. Let me know what you think!

• Prot, elstonation and LachlantheLoaf14 like this

Click for Showcase Thread ++ Night Lords ++ VIII Legio Astartes ++ 47th Company ++ The Night's Reapers ++
Click for Showcase Thread ++ Imperial Fists ++ VII Legio Astartes ++ 5th Company ++ The Heart of Stone ++
Click for Work in Progress Thread ++ Night Lords ++ World Eaters ++ Imperial Fists ++
jGw3ZnB.jpggallery_29004_6198_9553.pngETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_6489.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpggallery_29004_10383_6219.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_10383_9315.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_45765_11559_3592.pnggallery_45765_11559_3638.pngsml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_29004_9303_9633.pngETL_Medal_03.gifwe_badge_augustusbraass.png

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,337 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

I think that land raider is looking pretty fab- the rivet work you're doing for example is impressive.  That idea for the plasticard mountplate on the front land raider door hatch is also a good one- covers up that :cuss ugly aquila pretty well.  

Keep up the good work! 

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png 35499214321_eaf52ccf5f_o.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters XII

I feel where Heinrich and I shoot for an sort of understated, utilitarian look, you are the master of intricate and almost ostentatious Nightlords. It's like they are so confident in their superiority, that they don't even consider the possibility the scum they crush underfoot could even scratch their gorgeous gilt and ornamentation.

Love it!

• Augustus b'Raass and AlphariusOmegon108 like this
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"This is my lady-mod voice." Posted Image
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brother Heinrich

Brother Heinrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,878 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords, Blood Angels

Coming along nicely man. 

Night%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.pngBlood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,269 posts
  • Chapter Name: Divine Flayers

Awesome.gif

• TheHalifax, Capitano and Augustus b'Raass like this

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Cool Mini or Not gallery

Koriel

Koriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords legion
Looking good, the winged skulls on the roof is a really nice touch :tu:

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,817 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Some excellent modeling on that LR. Did the FW extra armor give you significant trouble? I'd heard from a friend that it can be a little character building at times.

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,861 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords Legion
That land raider is brutal, I do enjoy the winged skull decorations you have placed upon your raiders
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Telhdrat

Telhdrat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Fists

Love the decorations and the tracks!

However, I can't really say I'm fond of the spaced armour, though it's no fault of yours. Usually, I'm able to go with rule of cool with 40K tanks, rather than thinking of the problems they have, but that extra armour accentuates the fact that the land raiders tracks are far too close to the armour plate too much for me.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts

I think that land raider is looking pretty fab- the rivet work you're doing for example is impressive.  That idea for the plasticard mountplate on the front land raider door hatch is also a good one- covers up that censored.gif ugly aquila pretty well.  

Keep up the good work! 

Thanks! I am really pleased with the rivet work myself. It's the first I tried them, after I got tipped off to the gold coloured glass beads. Plasticard is also something I haven't used too often. I've learned that multiple easy slices in stead of one powerful one give the best -and the straightest- cut. Better control of the knife. 

I feel where Heinrich and I shoot for an sort of understated, utilitarian look, you are the master of intricate and almost ostentatious Nightlords. It's like they are so confident in their superiority, that they don't even consider the possibility the scum they crush underfoot could even scratch their gorgeous gilt and ornamentation.

Love it!

Ha! That's a superb way of putting it! Let's face it, when we are the masters of fear, why would we fear anyone? 

Coming along nicely man. 

Cheers!

Awesome.gif

Best. Compliment. Ever. yes.gif

Looking good, the winged skulls on the roof is a really nice touch thumbsup.gif

That land raider is brutal, I do enjoy the winged skull decorations you have placed upon your raiders

Thanks to the both of you! I do think they're a tad over the top, but after Flint's comment, I revel in the honour of being recognized as the Night Lords drag queen. HAHA 

Some excellent modeling on that LR. Did the FW extra armor give you significant trouble? I'd heard from a friend that it can be a little character building at times.

The FW doors are a pieve of cake compared to their whole models. Just bathe them in boiling water and then test-fit them when they're still soft from the heat. When cooled off, dry them and glue with super glue or UHU plus sofortfest 2-K-Epoxidharzkleber. Schnellfest is also good for these smaller fits.

Love the decorations and the tracks!

However, I can't really say I'm fond of the spaced armour, though it's no fault of yours. Usually, I'm able to go with rule of cool with 40K tanks, rather than thinking of the problems they have, but that extra armour accentuates the fact that the land raiders tracks are far too close to the armour plate too much for me.

Thanks. It's a matter of taste I guess. 30/40K is a science fiction fantasy game. I have long ago released my need for realism and embraced ridiculousness. I totally agree with your point on the armour being too thin near the tracks - but in the same line, why in the hell would one want to not armour the tracks on top? Look at the Sicaran tank. Why in the name of all that is sacred is that middle piece of top armour not covered with armour??? Simple. Because it looks cool. thumbsup.gif

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts

... Nightlords drag queen totally needs to go in your sig.

• Forté and Augustus b'Raass like this

batu

batu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts

I like it so far thumbsup.gif Put some paint on it !

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts

... Nightlords drag queen totally needs to go in your sig.

Thy will be done.

I like it so far thumbsup.gif Put some paint on it !

Not yet, first some more skin, bodies, heads, and other trophies. And perhaps some more iconography

batu

batu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts

Even better ;)

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts

Here's some WIP pics of my Obliterator Conversions. I already posted these painted on my showcase, but I figured since some of you asked what parts where used I'd show these too. Hope you enjoy.

• tdemayo, Yogi, TheHalifax and 15 others like this

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts

Only good use for Centurions I've seen so far! 

ppotts

ppotts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

very nice obliterators at the risk of causing more trouble i feel it may benefit from  a buttplate or something 

never stop learning because life never stops teaching

you haven't  failed until you quit trying

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,797 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters

The Oblitz are looking absolutely fantastic! Thanks for the WIP pictures! What did you use for the breastplates, though? I don't recognise those particular bitz...

Koriel

Koriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
The clawed feet is a nice touch and the green stuff muscles are really well made. It's always nice to see wip pictures, makes it easier to spot a the little bits that go into the making of a model.

Telhdrat

Telhdrat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Fists

Superb obliterators! I may have to steal that idea one day, when my painting desk in not so full of HH stuff.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts

I finally came around to making a suitable Rhino for one of my two plague marine squads. There's another in the pipeline, but I'm still waiting for some of the bits I'll be using for that one. I accidentally drilled a little hole in an area and thought it actually looked wuite good, so I covered the model in tiny rusty holes. The green stuff with rivets is meant as stretched skin, to make it a little more gruesome than normal. Also, the PVA glue with sand is going to be painted as corrosion. Looking forward to painting this tank very much!

Replies:

Flint13: Thanks. The centurions are actually a pretty cool kit. The problem with it are mostly based on the horrible poses GW made of them, and the bad pics. The only problem I really have with them are the weird hands. Fluff-wise I see them as space-suits designed for extravehicular starship repairs.

ppots: Cheers. I kinda see what you mean, butt also feel like they're such hard-asses they don't need plates. OOOH snap. :D

KrautScientist: Thanks mate! The breastplates are both parts of the wheel covers from the Skull Cannon of Khorne. 

Koriel: Thank you. The muscles are actually not that hard to sculpt. If anyone is interested I could make a tut.

Telhdrat: Thanks! Go for it :)

• Cocha likes this

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,711 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves, Lamenters

I love the Obliterators!! The GS muscles looks powerful indeed!!

The sprinkle of grit or sand on the Rhino is going to really come out nicely!!

And lastly, the Wings on the Land Raider are just perfect.

End of Line

Wolf Lord Kieran -"...and please dick-punch your friend. Such gaming practices should be corrected in a memorable manner."
NightHowler -*Asvard's Drinking Horn: Once per game you can raise your hands, calming the din of battle, and take a drink from Asvard's Drinking Horn. While this has no effect in game, it does make you look extremely badass and will earn you more than one high five from the other Wolf Lords.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,521 posts

Thanks Rune_Priest!

I'm currently painting up the Rhino, as I have two days off! Maybe I'll even get to finish the Land Raider this weekend!

In other news, I am VERY much looking forward to the new Chaos Space Marine kit. There's rumours about a normal squad and some havoncs, along with a customizable helbrute kit. Here's some pics to be found of this model: http://www.lounge.be...-HelBrute-model

Koriel

Koriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
Ace looking rhino, the holes, sand and gs work blend really well and gives it a suitably corrupted look.
I've seen a few guys use sand on their wip shots but I've yet to see a painted version to be honest, so I'm eager to see the finished product.

As always, great work and keem them coming ;)

Edit: Oh and thanks for the link to the new Hellbrute

Edited by Koriel, 21 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

19 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Rastamarine, Bing (14)