++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Thanks, guys! Busy week, had to hand over all my work before my vacation starts. I'll work on te DP some more tomorrow!

@ misterkho: Haha you know it, brother. You're just jealous that I cancelled our scheduled practice game to go on a date! :D

@ Teetengee: That's a sharp observation and a good point, thanks! I'll be sure to get the pad slightly higher. Thanks! :tu:

@ ~Drakzilla~: AAaah that explains a lot, thanks for making that. I agree he should be slightly turned. 20 degrees is perhaps a bit much, but definitely more than what was represented in the previous update. 

@ sfPanzer: You 20 is a bit much, but Drakzilla is right that it should be slightly more tilted. 

@ DuskRaider: I'm glad to hear that, as that's the point!

@ rednekkboss: Yeah that sounds about right. Thanks for your fantastic Nurglification tutorial, btw!

@ Sagentus: Doesn't he? Lol! Thanks for the confirm. Cheers!

Thanks for all the comments, team! Just a quick update to show that I am not, in fact, dead. Just very busy with work and dating (which is totally awkward, after having been out of the game for years! - I do have a date with a doctor, though.

@ GuitaRasmus: I completely agree with that  -and I had already planned it. It's just that his torso was blutacked to his legs in the pictures, and the weight of the censer kept pushing his body back to his left. Anyway. I really appreciate your C&C, especially since you're such an accomplished converter yourself. However, I really would appreciate your not quoting pictures to make your point. A simple 'I agree with the above picture', 'Re:fraterX's comment:', or simply putting the pics in the quote between hidden brackets, would alleviate that problem. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine, I know, but for these reasons, it's really worth dispensing of the quoted pics...

Being married to a Doctor of Nursing Practice (she mainly develops nursing techniques, etc), I can heartily recommend that field for female material - just don't expect too much compassion when you're not feeling too well - they've seen too much to give a crap about things like "man-flu". :D Best of luck with your endeavours, though! 

Reg pics: Got ya. :) 

Oooooh something very interesting came in the mail today! After some resistance from the German Postal services and a journey thrice as long as intended, a package arrived from my good buddy and real-life pal KrautScientist!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/WP_20170804_001_zps6gm7b0ke.jpg

Let's see, what do we have here? Two wig sets - one decrepid one intended for another Nurgle Daemon Prince, and the wings of the WG Manticore! That'll force me to build yet another Khornate Prince!!! :biggrin.: There's also a bag of chaos bits, including a press mold of the head of the Khornate MkV Dreadnought I gave to KrautSCientist as a gift, when he was here. :) 

In addition, and perhaps more importantly, are the bits to make a wickedly cool Imperial Fists champion on bike, that Krauty has build especially for me! Isn't it cool? I hope he'll forgive me for stealing a picture from his stream:
knight-captain-4.jpg

knight-captain-1.jpg

Check out his GreenStuff beard!!

knight-captain-3.jpg

isn't that just a fantastic miniature?? I love it! And doubly so because someone I met online - who happened to share more than the hobby in interests with me, and who through years of online banter and an eventual weekend of hobby madness, beer, and GW store visits ended up a real life friend - sends me this perfect gift!!! :biggrin.:

I'm thoroughly excited, I can tell you. Thanks for distracting me from my already thin-spread time working on my Nurgle Daemon Prince, Kraut! :wink:

Replies!

@ Dragonlover: That souds totally gross, dude! Perfect!

@ GuitaRasmus: Yeah the manflu doesn't sit well with doctor partners. I dated a doctor before, and she was merciless!! lol 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

(...)And doubly so because someone I met online - who happened to share more than the hobby in interests with me, and who through years of online banter and an eventual weekend of hobby madness, beer, and GW store visits ended up a real life friend - sends me this perfect gift!!! :biggrin.:

I can only agree with that sentiment! To be fair, though, the model is only a very small way of saying thank you for a truly excellent weekend at Amsterdam, so you are very welcome indeed! :smile.:

As I've said elsewhere, I am extremely happy the package has finally managed to reach you! Seeing what you do with that Imperial Fists model should surely be a treat!

That being said, let's focus on the Nurgle DP for now, shall we, as that beast is really turning into something special, and I would love to see more of him!

Edited by KrautScientist

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I use the right part of the invocation, it's been a long tome ago since I last tried to summon a thing from beyond. Was it the dragons head or the tail? I'm not sure anymore. The head makes more sense, as it symbolizes the start as the tail is the end and so should be the banishing spell of the two. What could possibly go wrong?

Y'AI 'NG'NGAH, 

YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE—L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH

Now lets see if HE will answer....

• 2 weeks later...

ah...do you remember the days when we had an almost daily update....gone are the days of hobbying and game...a toast for our fallen comrade who has fell in in dire battle. 

(I swear to God, if you reach page 10 i am going to post the "update" i made to your Daemonprince :)

• 2 months later...

Hello! It's been a loooooooooooooooooong time since I posted anything on this, my thread - in which I have posted almost daily for over three years. Life can be a rollercoaster sometimes. My ew job is a lot busier than I anticipated. In addition, I met a woman, who has basically been with me (and I with her) every day since the last time I posted (which was also the day of our first date). Lastly, my back injury doesn't help with keeping my energy levels sufficiently high - I spend my 'alone time'  basically asleep nowadays. Not that I am complaining - but yes, my hobby time, and, more importantly, hobby jive, have suffered from all these developments. 

There's another thing that contributed to the decline in my hobby jive. The continuation of the story (the fluff) and the release of 8th edition (the crunch):

:HQ: The fluff:

The continuation of the 40K timeline an sich is not a problem for me. I have always wondered why they had the 2003 Third Battle for Armaggedon campaign set in the year M40.999, as any fluff continuation after that would logically have to take place in the 41st millenium, making the iconic name of the game itself seem inappropriate. We're playing 40K, not 41K, after all. But now they have, and BOY have they ruffled my fictional universe feathers. From my point of view (which has been heavily influenced by playing 20+ years of Vampire the Masquerade RPGs)  the all-powerful should remain mysterious, not to be named or heard of. That's what makes the universe so interesting - anything can take place, as the major players, the real movers and shakers, aren't playable characters. Now, suddenly, there are not one, but THREE Primarchs running around. AND suddenly there's a newly awakened Eldar god, plus some heretofore unheard of 10,000 year-old Mechanicus dude who has a stash of über-space-marines hidden away on Mars. I just find the whole thing ... unbelievable and therefore unrelatable. My suspension of disbelief has been broken. I cannot relate to the new universe, and especially to the new space marines. They're awesome models, hell yes, but I cannot shake the thoughts that they are just GW trying to make an extra buck off the whole truescale hype, while still managing to not upgrade 20+ years-old miniature kits that are basic to certain armies. *cough*Khorne Berzekers*cough*. I mean, what the hell are they thinking: Thousand Sons rubricae are infinitely less popular and competitive than Khorne Berzerkers, Nurgle already had a great conversion kit from FW, but nooooo, they get an update, plus Spehs Muhreens get completely, never-heard of or even hinted-at new units.

:HQ: The crunch:

Not that I am against the new rules/crunch. Not at all. Seventh Edition had become a completely unbalanced monstrosity and I am thankful for the way in which GW has revised the way the rules work so completely. But therein also lies the problem: I have become by now an old fart. I have played 40K for over two decades. The last 19 years, I have been accustomed to the rules working in mostly the same way. Sure, each consecutive edition since 3rd was slightly different, but they all built on the same principles. Eight edition changed so radically, that I really have trouble wrapping my head around things. Everything is different. And I just don't have the time or the energy to spare to quickly learn the game to the tactical and strategic level that I am accustomed to and I want to attain. To be clear: I don't enjoy playing games that I don't know and thus am not good at, and I don't have the time or energy to spare to learn to become good at it anymore. What doesn't help either is that all my armies - but especially my Imperial Fists - have been built with 7th edition rules in mind. Especially this year, I put great effort in completing competitive units, such as a Skyhammer Annihiilation Force of exactly 1000 points, three biker units and biker characters, and Centurions, for use in tournaments. With the meta shifting so radically, most of these units are now either redundant or lackluster. Sure, the force can be rearranged and perhaps even added to to make a competitive list, but not how I imagined it. I've built a specific force, and now with the new rules, I cannot use that force. I know it's somewhat irrational, but I feel a bit cheated by 8th....   How would you feel if your cool, freshly painted units became, in a way, obsolete only weeks after you finished them?

[end of rant]

As you are probably aware, this thread started with my Night Lords collection, which was already almost complete when I started posting on this forum. I finished it over ETL3 and ETL4, and I have done nothing with those miniatures ever since. I have even started and painted a collection of Imperial Fists, which had begun to rival even my Night Lords in size. Anyway, I calculated that I had about 12,000 points of Night Lords and about 6000 points of Imperial Fists. All painted to a reasonably high level. And...

I sold them all. 

ALL OF THEM!!

For about cost plus 20% - 40%. So I made a few bucks, which I have used to buy stuff for the house, new clothes, a vacation to France (where I am currently) and to South Africa and Malawi in February, to pay off loans, and with the remaining, to add to my financial buffer. the wierd thing is that I am actually glad I sold the Night Lords, because those had literally been standing around gathering dust. The Imperial Fists I sold with a bit of pain, but I am glad they are gone and have all been sold to the same guy.

I still have my Khorne Army left and I am NOT planning on selling those anytime soon. In fact, I am planning on slowly replacing the Blood Warrior-based Khorne Berzerkers with actual power armoured dudes, with raptor legs and the heads of Primaris Reivers (thanks for the inspiration, Biohazard). in addition, I am plannig on painting a complete Chaos Death Guard army in Legion colours. I will start with this as soon as I am back from vacation. 

In other words....

http://78.media.tumblr.com/e62da66d9d029ac71f412f9f35c324f4/tumblr_mrkw5cQmia1sp9fcho1_500.gif

My hobby juices have started flowing again after seeing all the cool new Death Guard units, and reading some of my regular inspirational blogs here on B&C. Especially Biohazard's!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ KrautSCientist: NOT to worry, buddy! I still have some unpainted stuff left, and I am fully of the intention to paint those in Imperial Fists colours. your biker will have a special place!

@ NOOBIENOOBLET: Company Champion has already been picked, buddy! Pick something new, please! Which Battle Brother?

@ Aasfresser: crap, with my head somepletely out of the game and my body in France, I cannot figure it out! I'll have to owe you it!

@ misterkho: You're an idiot! Loooool!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Hoooo yeahhhh !

Glade to see you posting again man ! Too bad that you've sold those armys but I guess that this is a fresh start and that it was just what you needed to get back to the hobby harder,

better, faster and uglyer with wonderfully disgusting Nurgle models and conversions ;)

I'll wait for your return as sur as a fanboy dressed like Sarah Konors would wait for the robot apocalypse.

(If you are in France and that you go to Lyon send me a message maybe we could grab a beer ! It would be an honor :) )

Malchy

Thanks buddy! Yeah a fresh start is indeed what it feels like. Although the armies had and still have a special place in my heart, I felt like I wouldn't play with them at all in the coming year (or perhaps even years) as the Night Lords I had were absolutely not competitive and I would never add to them again, and my Imperial Fists needed a vast revision and additions in the form of Primaris marines, which I hate to use. By contrast, I still feel like my heart belongs to Khorne and Nurgle (I had a huuuge army of both when I was but a teenager), and even though those armies aren't super strong in the current (and still developing) meta, I love to be in an underdog position. I'm very glad I let those armies go to deserving new owners (a guy in Greece took most of my Night Lords vehicles, a guy from New York took most of the infantry and cultists, and the rest, including the titan, plus the entire Imperial Fists army in one fell swoop, went to a guy in California. 

About France, thank you so much for the invite! I'd love to have that beer sometimes, but alas it will not be this vacation. I'm heading to Paris on Saturday, and I need to be back on Sunday. :)

I agree with what the others already said. Glad to have you back, and glad to hear about the positive developments in your life. Sorry to hear about the Night Lords and Fists though, but giving them a new home (and investing the profits the way you have done) sounds like a wise move. I can understand your way of thinking, not exactly a fan of all the new developments myself, but as I'm not a gamer I can happily ignore that part and simply stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes, and say to myself: "My Night Lords are still in M40.999, they are still in M40.999... " over and over again. :tongue.:

Looking forward to see what you'll do with Khorne and Nurgle though, it will be interesting! :yes:

I should book a flight and come play. Then we could both play and not know what we are doing. :) 

I feel ya on what I call the "run away" backstory. Its a free for all. I remember my college buddies and I wondering (25 years ago) why they would have a game called Warhammer 40,000 that didn't start in 40000. That gives you a thousand years to play with. Think about what can happen in a thousand years here on earth, let alone 10 000. Though as a storyteller myself (and amature historian) I've ALWAYS had issues with the 40k timeline.  Totally unnecessary from a story telling stand point and ridiculous in many places. But that's just picking some nits.

I've got to do the "whole selling off minis" thing too, though I'm keeping some of my chaos stuff.  Drop me a pm and tell me how you did it. Ebay? or other?

Glad to seee you back on the B&C Augustus!
Now that you really sold all of your night lords and imperial fists i am glad i got to see both of those armies in real life!
Can't wait to see what you can come up with for your death guard and khorne army!
I must say i am a bit sad that you don't own you imperial fist army anymore as i was kinda hoping to play against it one day with my iron warriors!

Hope to hear some updates from you soon here!

Anyway, I calculated that I had about 12,000 points of Night Lords and about 6000 points of Imperial Fists. All painted to a reasonably high level. And...

I sold them all. 

ALL OF THEM!!

I cannot see your posted images on the pc I am using but I read the highlighted above while scrolling through and nearly had a heart attack.

Glad to hear life is keeping you busy as there is nothing wrong with that and hope the back will stop being a bother.

Wow man that's a big hobby move you made. I respect that a lot. On one hand it's a shame that you won't be expanding those NL and IF armies anymore (loved seeing pictures), but then your Khorne stuff was also great and I'm looking forward to seeing more. :smile.: Also can't wait to see what you, your hobby knife, and your mad greenstuffing skills will do with the DG range.

I do hope that eventually you come to terms with the ongoing progression of the fluff. I mean I can appreciate where you're coming from and I haven't been ecstatic about all the recent changes, so that you'll be able to enjoy this universe a little more. I'm sure people have been unsatisfied with it in the past (Genestealers and Tyranids are the same faction? HERESY!) :wink:

Enjoy the real life and keep sharing hobby progress in the future. :smile.:

Edited by ShVagYeR

When you're doing being so overtly dramatic i'll show you the true power Mortarion and his children have! One thing we noticed last weekend is the meta being all about brutal alpha strikes. Deathguard are going in against this..they can take the damage and still performing in optimum state turn 3 and 4. So whenever you're ready!