++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The RH1N0 is the platform of 90% of all Astartes tanks. People that don't even play or know much of the game recognize the Rhino. It's iconic.

I do wish they still sold the Repressor, even for the top bit... It looks good on anything and really improves the profile.

The Armiger plate is looking good. Are you going to make the claws more organic or keep them ornamental?

I really like the barrels on the Rhins, it's an inventive use of parts that fits the Deathguard well. Clever use of the Knight shield too.

The additions to the Helverin plates, particularly the spines/claws look cracking as well.

I must say I agree with your comments regarding the humble Rhino, there's something just so iconic and pleasing about them, simple though they are.

I'm almost done with the Rhinos. As the woodglue I use to embed the buboes is still drying, I had to hold off photographing them just yet. Later tonight or maybe tomorrow morning I shall post them. 

In the meantime, I've applied to No Retreat 8, the yearly tournament in Gibraltar organized by SN Battle Reports. The standard of armies is incredibly high, so to separate the grain from the chaff there's a whole application process - you need to fill in and send a fairly elaborate form, as well as five pictures of the three possible armies you're going to play. I applied with my Death Guard/Nurgle Daemon alliance, my future Sisters of Battle, and my Khorne Daemonkin. I only sent along one picture of my Khorne Daemonkin, namely of my Juggerlord - this guy:

Qd2ggH4.jpg

Today they requested more pictures of my Khorne Daemonkin, so I made some new pictures of the army that I could send them. I thought it'd be nice to show these here too (even though there's pictures of these same miniatures scattered throughout this thread:

QNGlkmj.jpg

1bn2ZVo.jpg

SX7Xgaj.jpg

igfys7H.jpg

1YfGRdz.jpg

eLwGIwm.jpg

G55RtnV.jpg

0m6Ef7V.jpg

B89O4Gn.jpg

9qjOHoy.jpg

4VZzhjR.jpg

7dh2gsZ.jpg

4C2WJs8.jpg

9Iqwsw0.jpg

aX8IZYk.jpg

So there. I hope you enjoyed that. :smile.:

Cheers

Replies: (I love that there's 8 of them - Khorne's sacred number!)

@ guardian31: Thanks, mate! They're nearly ready for paint!

@ Mechanist: Progress is indeed progress. Trust me, every little detail you add, adds up. Just slog along!

@ DuskRaider: I'm hoping with the new SoB release, there'll be a new Repressor kit! The claws will be both organic and ornamental, depending on the specific Armiger and it's affiliation. At least two will be dedicated to gods.

@ rednekkboss: No, they're filled with the decrepit blood and entrails of geese. Kind of like a nasty Foie Gras. :sick:

@ SkimaskMohawk: Yes. I work fast, but not that fast! lol

@ Pearson73: Thank you! That's what I'm talking about!

@ Padnoras Bitz Box: Crazy? How so? Scuffing and buboes to go... aaaaand done. They're just drying now - pictures later this evening.

@ teku: Magnetize which beauties? And what of them? AND I OWE NOTHING! 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

No takers, eh? It's ok, all of these miniatures have graced the pages of this thread before. 

Here's some new stuff: the finished builds of both Rhinos!

Number one:

sp6LhsG.jpg

AD8GjXI.jpg

wGZ9DMC.jpg

MBTY2Ue.jpg

And number two:

tTHXgec.jpg

iUl8874.jpg

XyfWcH0.jpg

dV8ECjd.jpg

Hope you like these! Let me know

Cheers!

I like them a lot! Plenty of great detail and I'm glad to see you're now using different sized bearings for the buboes. While Rhinos don't offer much in the way of options they definitely are a great canvas for creativity and you've really done a great job with that. I'm also happy to see you incorporate Pre-Heresy iconography as well, something I wish I would see more of.

Khorne stuff is gorgeous, I hope you go... because we demand pictures.  That Rhino is also gorgeous, I love the fly wings on the plow, lots of great details.

FWIW... I like the round things above the exhausts.

Edited by rednekkboss

No takers, eh? It's ok, all of these miniatures have graced the pages of this thread before. 

I actually had the thread open waiting for me to get round to replying, it's good to see some red back even if it's older models. 

I had actually been eyeing up the hooves on the old Bloodthirster, I'm slowly working toward the feet on my Knight and one is cloven so having such a clearly and cleanly sculpted example is going to help me finish up that bit of detail. 

The rhinos are looking excellent and no doubt next picture will be fully painted so looking forward to seeing that. When you take the finished pics it'll be cool to see them alongside their squads too.

Nooooooo.... That's khorne stuff is offensively cool and now I feel horrendously underskilled for painting my Friends Knight. I suppose I'm just lucky that none of his stuff is finished which will make mine look all the better. How did you paint the brass? I really suck at painting metal well.

The rhino is looking really nice, looking forward to that getting some of the Augustus magic.

Painting has started on the Rhino's. Gotta finish these before Sunday... wish me luck

RvYdrnr.jpg

Cheers

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: Yeah I bought those from GreenStuffWorld the other day. They're a complete rippoff from those I saw on your Knights. I'm naming you my top Inspirator this year. 

@ rednekkboss: My buddy Ruben is automatically in, as he has his #RubenFacts, so I'll post the pictures he'll bring home if I don't get to go. The round things are lamps from the old GW ruins. I like them a lot. They'll get the green glow effect. 

@ guardian31: Haha yeah that Lord of Skulls, more popularly known as Captain Eight Legs, is now over four years old, and it's still a cool thing to look at. It saw battle only once, though, in an Apocalypse game. And I wasn't even controlling it! So I might sell it at some point.

@ Mechanist: Cheers. The hooves are Maulerfiend hind hooves with the middle sawed away. The only sculpting done is teh hairs above them, to integrate them into the 'Thirster's legs. 

@ rednekkboss: Maybe I am - or maybe I just sold my soul to the devil at some crossroads. Oh wait, the Devil's name is Duncan.

@ teku: Ahh! Well they will automatically have to be magnetized. it's be stupid not to. 

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Cheers, buddy! The Gold was done in one of two ways (depending on the miniatures). Either with Vallejo Liquid Gold Old Gold with a GW Devlan Mud wash, or with GW Retributor Gold followed by GW Agrax Earthshade Gloss, and a 1:1 mix of GW Liberator Gold and AP Shining Silver.

Ha! As it happens I received a package from my regular bits seller Bits&Kits - containing two Rhinos! Lol - the funny thing about that package is that I ordered it in January of 2018, it never arrived, and I have since received a refund for it. it was considered lost in the mail, but hey-ho - it miraculously appeared. Oh Royal Mail, you so silly!

Anyway, I did finish the first of the two Rhinos. I like to do the detailing on them seperately, as that's what I enjoy most. I'll start and finish the other rhino today, probably early this evening.

So here goes with a string of pictures!

TCK2THL.jpg

jUVkXDR.jpg

XppmD1t.jpg

Hm3qVCI.jpg

vXi3DDn.jpg

oSZzu0V.jpg

And with some passengers!
t8UtpVK.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you like it!

Comments most welcome. 

Cheers!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Your World Eaters are always a pleasure to see, and I can say from firsthand experience that they are even more impressive when seen from up close. Also, like I said in my PM to you a while ago (*wink* *wink* *nudge*), I really hope you hold on to your World Eaters models, but should you ever decide to sell them, as you keep alluding to, them I am calling dibs on that Defiler/Knight conversion, among some other things.

Excellent work on the Rhinos as well! I particularly like the one with the fly motifs on its dozerblade!

Oh wow, that turned out fantastic! It's funny seeing how tiny the Rhino looks next to the new scale Plague Marines, though. Like I said before, I love the mix of Pre-Heresy iconography with the fallen Death Guard of 40K. The only thing that I wish you could change is the color of the dozer blade, I think the red iconography would not only pop more but compliment the white instead of green. That's a minor thing, though. Overall great job!

Cheers, guys!

Here's the second Rhino :)

JePKHkP.jpg

fXLfkVm.jpg

EB2Eqc7.jpg

erEXeFB.jpg

MnQaWKr.jpg

biqCYyh.jpg

And again, with a small squad of Plague Marines!

Thanks for looking, and as always: let me know what you think with a comment! I'd love to read your honest feedback. It's what makes me a better hobbyist. :tu:

Cheers!

Replies:

@ KrautScientist: Ugh, I still haven't replied to your PM??? I apologize! I'll get right to it. Also, Defiler/Knight conversion? You mean Einherjar the Eternal aka Captain Eight Legs?

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Cheers, buddy! Always nice to read your positive comments :)

@ DuskRaider: Cheers! It's not exactly clear to me what you mean - The iconography is red, no? Perhaps I misunderstand, could you elaborate? :)

The way you make even mundane things like Rhinos look so amazing is gobsmacking - you truly are the fifth Chaos God (God of Hobbying ofc)

I have not checked in for a while and spent ages going through your stuff from the last couple of months, I would have left more likes but alas I have ran out. The Knight and the baby knights especially stand out, as does your finished creepy flying Daemon Prince, but infairness mate it’s all off the chain so massive kudos for all of it. Nice to see the photos of the Khorne boyos too (you know of my love for your Spartan :D )