++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Those pox walkers look suitably disgusting. I still think it's a shame that a son of the eighth has fallen for the "charms" of papa nurgle but I'm glad that you found clearing out so positive and look forward to watching your Death guard develop.

BOOM, BABY!! Twenty Poxwalkers down, sixty more to go. 

f4qLHyb.jpg

HAYowq7.jpg

I bought my second set of easy-to-build poxwalkers today (so I can convert one set) plus a box of GW zombies. I also put the twenty servitors I made as stand-in cultists for my Night Lords into paint stripper. Together with the twenty poxwalkers from the second Dark Imperium Death Guard I bought, that makes sixty possibilities!

Hope you like!

Woooooo!

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Yeah I don't like repetition - especially with chaos. All of them will be different.

@ BCK: You don't lick your brushes?? weirdo.

@ hushrong: Yeah they are. Tyrone Biggums it will be!

@ BubblesMcGub: I will run around forty, but I like to have some spare. Together with the 20 zombies I bought today, I guess I'll be building another sixty!

@ guardian31: Done! Whaddayafink?

@ DuskRaider: They were so much fuin to paint! No regrets at all! And thanks again for that awesome flesh recipe!

@ Punk Possum: Who says I have fallen? ;)

Thanks guys!

I figured now that I'm on a roll with the poxwalkers, I might as well go ahead and convert the next batch of twenty. Here's what I made last night, using a standard Dark Imperium poxwalker set, plus the zombies I bought yesterday.

EQXbJHg.jpg 

rxcosn6.jpg

DQzTtO8.jpg

pBtDdX0.jpg

NLopOsg.jpg

EwcWYfV.jpg

VQFCu8B.jpg

WXv3XAH.jpg

nwLJ2hW.jpg

7q7ONM9.jpg

As you can see, the zombies are slightly smaller than the average poxwalker, which makes some of them have weird proportions. Luckily, them being poxwalkers, they're pretty forgiving about that problem. I don't think I'll be using a lot of the other zombie bits, though. I'll consider buying a set of Genestealer cultists, just for their outfits. Well see. 

I've already started painting them, and am almost done with the washes. So yeah, I'm pretty inspired at this point. lol

In any case, thanks for looking. 

Replies!

@ DuskRaider: Thank you! Not sure if that's true - I did exactly what you said in the tutorial  -I just added GW Averland Sunset to the boils, and washed those with diluted BFTBG - that'sactually the only divergence from your recipe! :D

@ Sagentus: Indeed! But with an airbrush and the recipe involving mostly washes, painting these isn't too hard!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

You're really knocking it out of the park with those Poxwalkers, buddy! I love how you are actually putting some conversion effort into them, even though they are just cannonfodder. But then, I would have expected no less from you :)

The colour scheme is also very effective -- they look great as a group!

Fantastic work all around! :)

Cheers, you two!

I'm pretty far along painting the second set of twenty, but as they are drying from some heavy washing, I thought I'd make close-up shots of the first twenty I did - take a look:

itMbSBg.jpg

rOLADul.jpg

duhgSwZ.jpg

0L0asYM.jpg

JkLeWZ4.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

Replies:

@ Kizzdougs: Cheers! They were a ton of fun to paint!

@ KrautScientist:  Hey buddy! How's life! Thanks for the comment - I agree the scheme is simple - I have to paint eighty of these suckers, after all. :D But stil, it's quite an effective recipe. All thanks to DuskRaider's fantastic rotting flesh recipe :)

Sorry to double post here, but I finished the second set of twenty Poxwalkers. I now have forty!!

GrBxFC4.jpg

xTIz8Uk.jpg

And here's closeups :smile.:

aaATno7.jpg

s4pEsrb.jpg

5IzWWUp.jpg

qQdqPPs.jpg

kJjBMGB.jpg

Amazing work Aug! when i finally get round to getting a DG force started ill try DRs and your approach to painting the pox walkers.

The only on that doesnt quite look 'finished' is the one on the far left in the 2nd to last photo. I think it will benefit from you picking out a few more details on the coat/overalls and painting the pustule on the inside of the right arm. Sorry for nit picking

amazing!!
Must have read over it but what or those little "beads" you use to get the extra puss bubbles on there skin?
Keep up the cool work and i hope to be able to play against these rotting suckers soon!

Thanks, guys! I won't be able to finish another twenty this weekend, but I can sure as hell try to get them on their way! So I just finished converting a third set of twenty poxwalkers - using a standard Dark Imperium set, a box of easy-to-builds, and some Chaos Marauder and Zombie bits.

Behold:

Wtp7PFf.jpg

VIIVaEA.jpg

PPeFc2U.jpg

q6NmNoo.jpg

Wgx6ajv.jpg

7uCkv7I.jpg

oNFaLiC.jpg

IhrhBFs.jpg

gNO3Odp.jpg

Ta8MqEk.jpg

The second layer of PVA glue over the added glass microbeads is stil wet in the pictures, so forgive the bulbuous blobs of glue in there.

Hope you like!  Cheers!

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Hmmm, not sure what you mean on that guy - there is no unpainted pustule on the inside of his right arm. I did forget to wash the guts that are hanging from under his shirt with BFTBG though, so thanks! :thumbsup: Don't apologize for constructive feedback - it's most welcome!

@DuskRaider: Probably not, But I will finish the 80 poxwalkers before this time next week, I'm sure. :biggrin.:

@BubblesMcGub: The pustules are Glass Micro Beads. Search for the on eBay with 1mm Glass Micro Beads and you'll find tons of colours. I recommend getting the gold coloured ones, as they stick out the most. :smile.::thumbsup:

Holy moly! I blinked and you've got so many done! I only painted 30 and that was too many for me, I don't think I could handle any more.

I'm fascinated by your speed.  How much did you airbrush on these? Did you go the PWF over everything and then just wash the cloth in green?

Wow man, that's a whole host already. 

It's not really a surprise that the old old zombies bodies are so much smaller than the new models as scale creep is often mentions, however what gets mew is how massive some of those zombie heads look compared to the new ones or even on the newer bodies.

Still you've done a cracking job and once painted up they all look fantastic and will look great on the tabletop.

Cheers, guys! 

A few of you (and some IRL) hav asked about the recipe for the poxwalkers, and which paint techniques I use.

After a Corax White primer,

I base the miniature as follows:

1. first give the miniatures an upwards zenthial spray of GW Daemonette Hide, after which I
2. give it a downwards zenithal spray of 1:1 GW Cadian Fleshtone and GW Flayed One Flesh, and lastly I
3. give it a vertical downwards spray of GW Pallid Witch Flesh

The flesh then gets step 2 to 7 of DuskRaider's excellent recipe, with the addendum that besides water, I also add some Vallejo Flow Improver to heavily dilute the washes.

The clothes are painted as follows:
1. Base of GW Zandri Dust
2. Wash of diluted GW Agrax Earthshade

3. Drybrush of either GW Karak Stone or GW Ushabti Bone

The tips of the horns are then given a spray of AP Matt Black

The weapons are done as follows:
1. Paint all metal parts with GW Typhus Corrosion
2. Stiple on some GW Ryza Rust
3. Drybrush GW LEadbelcher
4. The handles/wooden parts are then painted with GW Gorthor Brown

The pustules and buboes are done as follows:
1. paint with diluted (using a drop of Vallejo Flow Improver) GW Averland Sunset
2. Wash with diluted (again with VFI) GW BFTBG

And finally, the eyes are painted with a 1:1 mix of GW Lothern Blue and GW Pallid Witch Flesh

Done!

Replies!

@ Sagentus: Ah, that hole - you mean  his right arm and that hole. I just figured that's part of the raggedness of his clothes. :biggrin.:

@ Chazzmos: Hoefully you find this tutorial helpful.:thumbsup:

@ rednekkboss: Loot away!

@ hushrong: Yeah they look kinda cool, huh? I actually enjoy sculpting those bellies on those spindly zombie legs - and love how creepy they look! The second guy from the right in this picture is my favourite. He looks almost like he's going "aww, is that for meeee?" but he's also threatening you with a pickaxe.

Hidden Content
ZHfnem0.jpg

@ Mechanist: Yeah the proportions on those zombies is ridiculous. 

@ guardian31: Halfways through painting the next twenty already! :wink:

@ Soulhunter1995: Cheers, buddy! Glad you enjoy my stuff so much! That actually made my day! :biggrin.::smile.:

Yay, you now see the hole i meamt lol. I only noticed it cos i zoom right in to each model on my phone. Great tutorial, between yours and DRs i can see plenty more pox walkers on the horizon .... Ruuuunnn !!!

Cheers, Sagentus - and yu're right. Here's twenty more poxwalkers on that horizon!

I'm having so much fun with these guys at the moment - they are sooo creepy and fun. I'm trading my Dark Imperium primaris with the Death Guard set from that same box tomorrow, which will yield me another twenty poxwalkers. Coupled with the ten servitors, five easy-to-builds, and my remaining zombie and maruader bits, this will give me forty more of these little buggers. YAY!

tPWwPXk.jpg

wBWMw1S.jpg

M5MubMM.jpg

vQVREmD.jpg

Yfm289u.jpg

8ffKcKr.jpg

BRrgTvS.jpg

I can't believe I already painted sixty of these and I am still enjoying it! looool! :D :thumbsup: :facepalm: 

Hidden Content

lx0nRIK.jpg

Hope you like. Is anyone sick of these yet and do you want me to start something else, or are you ok with me posting some more? I love to convert and paint these guys, but I'm also looking forward to starting the first Plague Marines...