++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

He's coming along well. Don't forget to give him a holstered pistol, so he may deal with enemies too cowardly to face him in close combat.

I dunno man, sounds like you're not charging hard enough.
The only way I can "charge hard enough" to cut down anyone and everyone who'll shoot at me, is if thrice-damned Slaanesh "blessed" me with super-speed. Any Khorne worshiper worth wielding a blade, will rather eat it than accept the Dark Prince's "blessing."

@ Gederas: Cheers!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: SILENCE, YOU COWARD!! RANGED WEAPONRY IS FOR COWARDS AND WEAKLINGS!! ONLY UP CLOSE CAN ONE LET THE BLOOD OF ONE'S OPPONENTS FLOW IN KHORNE'S NAME!!! TO COLLECT SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE ONE HAS NEED ONLY FOR THE AXE AND THE SWORD!! ONLY IN KHORNE'S NAME SHALL WE DO BATTLE, ONLY FOR HE WHO RAGES SHALL WE SPILL BLOOD, ONLY FOR THE SKULL THRONE SHALL WE WALLOW IN GORE!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!! KILL MAIM BURN!!!!

-deploys gigantic cannon of Khorne-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blood for the Blood God!

I've gone back and started my third Khorne Berzerker World Eaters Army. I've done one in the 90's - with Blood Red. I've done one in 2016, with mephiston Red. Now, I will do one in the 30k-scheme of White and Blue!

Starting with what should have been done in 2016: Blood Warrior-based Khorne Berzerkers with the weird AoS boots replaced with MkIII marine boots. I've already done five. 

Behold!

07Bkwwr.jpg 

Aaaaand individual pics!
Hlcq6E2.jpg

NQqefrV.jpg

o7Sghrl.jpg

cz6UKIt.jpg

1Emn80G.jpg

I hope you like them! Let me know what you think :)

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: I have no idea who that is! 

@ Krakendoomcool: Thanks buddy! I have since worked on it a little further, and ordered 1/10th sclae resin cast skulls for it, as well as some hobby chain to attach it to it. Pics will follow!

@ Sagentus: Haha but the pose is but temporary - for this is an action figure! I'll craft a base for it as well, so that I can put it to rest easily. 

@ Syrakul: Welcome to this thread! Yeah when I realized the Lord of Skulls was about the size of it, I couldn't halt myself. 

@ BadgersinHills: Cheers! There's not as many updates as in the times of yore, but I will keep updating it as long as I hobby and this board is still running.

@ theNublet: Welcome to this thread, buddy! Never saw you post before :) And yes - you're right! Pistols are for fools and cowards.

@ Bjorn Firewalker: YEAH THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

@ noigrim: That's a phallic joke if ever I read one. ;)

@ Mechanist: Yeah baby! They've arrived! I'll make some pics tomorrow!

@ Evil Eye: Welcome to this thread, buddy! Thanks for the comment :)

@ Razblood: Well, welcome back! I am here so irregularly that I haven't even missed you. :ohmy.: But now that you are back, I'm glad for it! Also, thanks for the congrats on the nurgling :)

Soooo, I went ahead and made a basic miniature to test out my intended colour scheme on. As I am gogin to make Primaris Berzerkers as well, I used the free Primaris Intercessor that was included in White Dwarf a couple years ago as a base. I slapped on some arms with a chain weapons - and then realized he was looking way cooler than I thought he was going to look. So I went the extra mile and put a chain around his torso and hung three skulls from it. BLAM: awesome looking Khorne Berzerker. 

The blue wouldn't be a problem - I already settled on an easy GW Kantor Blue base with GW Teclis Blue highlights. But the bronze and the white was new territory for me. Then Seán Kenny, a member of the SN No Retreat veterans Whatsapp group that I am also a member shared a fantastic looking White Scar Primaris biker with an EXCELLENT white recipe - simple yet effective, just as I like it. Go check out his stuff on instagram: confuriosominis. I asked him about it via PM and he was super helpful - very nice guy. It's basically: 

Prime black, zenithal White, then airbrush Ulthuan grey. Then it's heavily thinned down rhinox hide in all the recesses (which I later tweaked to a 1:1 mix of Agrax and Reikland washes), the white highlights are Liquitex white ink. So I did that, and lo and behold, I have my recipe for white!

Then the bronze. My buddy Ruben Knab (Insta: livefastpaintslow) is an avid fan of Scale 75 paints, and he recommended getting their Metal'n Alchemy sets. I got the 'gold' set to see what it is like and OH MY FRICKING GOD it is fantastic. Best TMM paints I've ever used. I immediately got their steel and copper sets as well. it's a bit pricey, but well worth it, if you ask me.So that's my bronze recipe settled!

Now on to the miniature:
FpyhxPG.jpg

That's it. I must admit I am a bit rusty, not having painted anything for a couple months, and very little over the last year or so. But overall I am quite happy, especially with the white. I am not quite there yet with the bronze - it turned out too golden and with a bit too sharp contrasts between the paints than I would have liked, so hopefully that will be ameliorated by the Scale 75 Metal'n Alchemy Copper set I just ordered.

Anyway, I hope you like this first of many Khorne Berzerkers. let me know what you think!

Cheers

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: Dusky!! How are you, buddy!? Long time no see here. Great to have you back in the fold. I hope you're geting a bit of your hobby jive back. 

@ theNublet: Yes. Yes, that is a CHAIN KOPESH! :D Awesome, isn't it!? It's from a company called Pop Goes the Monkey and although kopeshes are usually associated with the XV legion, I bet no-one will dare call a berzerker wielding a CHAIN KOPESH a sorcerer in his face. Also, welcome to my thread! Have a looksee around. There's a pretty accurate index in the first post, if you are so inclined. :)  

@ Mechanist: AWWWW YEAH! Third time's the charm, amirite? ;) Also, go and get back to your painting and doing stuff! In Dutch we say: DOE IETS!

It really warms my heart to see World Eaters in their original scheme. Do you plan on doing some with red instead of blue, like they had done mid-Heresy?

As far as my hobbying thus far... I'm still trying to get my mojo back. I've mainly been concentrating on Titanicus for the time being and there's a good chance I'm getting a game in next Friday so that should help. We'll see.

@ Mechanist: AWWWW YEAH! Third time's the charm, amirite? :wink: Also, go and get back to your painting and doing stuff! In Dutch we say: DOE IETS!

That test model is far from 'charming' but he definitely a beast out for skulls. the colours work really well and I hope the tweaks to the metals works out because he needs some brothers in arms.  

I may have to dig out my travel bag with my wip crons tonight.

Hurray! I finished the first Blood-Warrior-based Khorne Berzerker! 

HpZjMu8.jpg

Had a ton of fun painting this guy, and applied new techniques of painting white, weathering powders, and battle damage. Great stuff!

Also, here's five more Khorne Berzerker wips build using the Indomitus Crusade's Primaris Assault Intercessors as a base:

Champion:

ZqyrPtl.jpg

Icon Bearer:
Xzvp77w.jpg

Berzerkers:
CTgcNSP.jpg

Berzerker:
fimMPrx.jpg

Semi-possessed Berzerker:
lQ0geuU.jpg

I had even more fun getting these guys ready for paint, so I hope you like those as well!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Freakshow668: Well thanks, and here you go! :)

@ space wolf: Cheers, buddy! Have you commented here before? Can't seem to recall if you did or not. If not: welcome to the thread! If you did, welcome back ;)

@ Sagentus: Hurray! Dude, I should tag you on Instagram 

@ DuskRaider: Hey man! Lovely seeing you here returned and well. Starting small is the way to go and a game called Titanicus is the right fit ;) To answer your question: I am not planning to do some read - as the blood and gore that will adorn them will provide for that contrast colour, but you know, you never know ;)

@ Mechanist: Oooh crons: go for it!

No takers, eh? Oh well - here's the third of three concept miniatures for the burgeoning World Eater force I'm building. It uses the Start Collecting CSM kit's champion body, an AoS Khorne icon, a FW WE shoulder pad and a Pop Goes the Monkey chaon axe. I am actually really proud of this miniature - I don't think I've ever spend so long painting a single marine - and the details are as close to perfection as I could get them, given my deteriorating eyesight and lack of skill-upkeep in the painting departement, lately. 

8qSLCLp.jpg

43quM7N.jpg

Let me know what you think of him  - preferably in the form of comments. They're what keeps this thread on this board going, while I can get a lot more likes on Instagram - hunch hunch, wink wink. :)

Cheers!

I'll help you out bud!

First off, I have stolen the white recipe. I'm planning to do a small white scars force and that seems a really easy method.

You should be proud. The composition of the kitbash is brilliant and very fitting for a worldeater. I really like the original scheme on a CSM dude.

I also really like the large world eater conversion you were doing. Any update on that?

Holy smokes! The World Eaters that you've put together are great! I especially like your use of the assault intercessors from Indomitus. I hope that whenever GW gets around to releasing new World Eaters models that they have dynamic poses like yours. 

The blue you use is perfect. Is it Caledor Sky?

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Seems I missed not one but two updates from you man!

I very much like the new Berzerkers, and the use of the Assault Marines is very cool. There could be an interesting narrative with them, because they're pretty clearly larger than the already pretty well-sized new Chaos Marines and Blood Warriors+Mark III legs you're using on some of the others.

Also:

the details are as close to perfection as I could get them, given my deteriorating eyesight and lack of skill-upkeep in the painting departement, lately.

You can go take a hike with that mate. That model is better than almost anything I've painted :lol: