++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Loving this last five, the one with the risen axe is so cool, he's obviously screaming BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

I must disagree with Kraut and Aasfresser :P, while painting the cables in other colour (metal) would be nice, I think that they're better without more colours, world eaters already have the damn blue and green world in some parts of the army (your rhino for example) to contrast, and armies look better when uniform. If you however want to paint some gems I would reccomend to do them red for the above reasons.

Keep up the good work, in the time you painted 20 marines and a rhino I managed to assemble two imperial assassins, whooo!

Winning. That is what you are doing good sir!

Loving all of this Khorne goodness. I find myself agreeing about the outdated plastics and I always lament that fact when I chit chat with my buddies. I love the way the DV Chosen look and would go crazy if multi part kits with that design and caliber could come out...but sadly no. I have ended up liking the use of older marks of armor since I like to imagine it as being antiquated compared to the current mk 7 armor.

It has also enabled me to make my Emperor's Children into a 40k and HH army all in one as well.

Thanks for all the looks and comments, everyone - I really appreciate them!

Another five Khorne Marines are finished - two of which are DV Chosen other than the bolter dudes.

The 'champion' has that ridiculous Klingon dual axe/sword thing going on. Ridiculous....ly awesome!
I LOVE BAT'LETHS!

Hidden Content

Ahem. Of course, most of the guys in that video have no idea what they're doing, judging from their combat stance and balance. But I still maintain that the Bat'leth is a feasible combat weapon, provided the opponent doesn't also have one. If anyone disagrees, I'll just stick my fingers in my ears and go 'lalalalalalaaaaaa' :tongue.:

Anyway! Enough of the silly rant. Here goes numbers 21-25 of the Khorne Marines!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsf31ie0ca.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps1oxafkb0.jpg

Here's a close-up of the wo DV CHosen models. I'm quite pleased with how the left guy turned out - he's based (as if that wasn't totally obvious) on the chosen with the power axe. His natural pose just begged for the right handed banner pole arm that comes with the SM command squad, and who am I to deny him this great honour? :wink: The one on the right was based on the Chosen with the dual Lighting Claws. I'm less ethused by him. His natural pose is to come straight at you threateningly, with lowered weapons. While it was easy to saw off the arms - actually in a way that allowed me to use those on an other miniature in the future - it was quite difficult to achieve the same menacing, 'coming-at-you-with-lowered-weapons' look with the Blood Warrior axe arms and with standard SM bolt pistol arms. So, I opted for a slightly more dynamic try. The outcome is... less than I'd hoped. His goofy leg pose just doesn't jive with his dynamic arms. Luckily he is now one of 25  - and soon to be 40 - Khornate marines in my collection based on the Blood Warriors aesthetic, so I'll just consider him the runt of the litter. There has to be one least favourite model, after all. :smile.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsgjdfhqj7.jpg

Anyway, thanks for lookign again, and cheers for your C&C!

Replies!

@ Teetengee: And you can have it, good sir! About the boots, just imagine them with a spanish accent and a purry voice. That'll make all your boot-y concerns go away. Wait what?  

Hidden Content

Pussboots.jpg

Extreme apologies.

@ KrautScientist: I know right! What do you think of the new Chosen? I agree on the solid gold breastplates. That detail has been damaged in the process of replacing the bolters with special weapons, but not so much as to not do anything with the gems. :thumbsup:

@ Aasfresser: I'll paint the gems, good sir! Thanks for the keen eye. :smile.:

@ The Traitor: I appreciate the feedback a lot, but I have to respectfully disagree. The cables are mostly done in either blue or, in case of the fleshy ones of the chosen, in flesh colour. If they're still intact, I'll see if I can paint those cables in a flesh tone too. Red for the gems is a definite nono, as the spot colour for the army cannot by definition be the same as the main colour. They'll be blue! On a more positive note: where can I find those assassins of yours to drool over? :smile.:

@ hushrong: Not sure if I'm 'winning', per se, but painting Khornate miniatures definitely feels like snorting a certain white powdery substance. It has a certain Sheen to it! :wink::biggrin.: I'm all for integrating 30k miniatures ni 40k, and vice versa, btw. Looking forward to your ECs!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I like the Look of the new ones. And the two new converted chosen are awesome. The lightningclaw one looks good imho, he looks a bit cautious like he is striding over a battlefield looking for a suitable skull dir bis collection.

Anyone else remember the Berzerker Glaive from the 3rd Edition (I think) Chaos Codex? Well, that Khornate Bat'leth (Khor'leth?)is officially my new headcanon for what that looks like, pure, traditionally-made, original-recipe awesomesauce. :D

I like these blood warrior conversions more each time I see them, might end up picking up some myself if GW doesn't realease any new chaos models soon. Also, is the chestplate of the one with the banner from the DV chosen? I had never noticed that design and it would fit perfectly my army!!! About the assassins you can find them on the thread of my signature, if you like imperial assassins it would be awesome to see your take on them, they're certainly interesting models!

Man your churning these out, I've really got the bug to do painting but am stuck in Korea again. I'm definitely going to look at the blood warriors when I move on to Hounds of Abaddon and I've got a load of the current berzerkers that'll need updating or something doing with them. Maybe some leg transplants might be in order.

All 40 of these are going to look ace all together and something to take insperation from when I get onto mine. 

Cheers, guys! I have to confess the Khornate fire that burned last week has died down somewhat. Apparently painting 25 marines in quick consession isn't really good for motivation. ;) As a large FW order just came in today, I decided to work on the second Rhino!

The dozer blade is obvisouly from the new Genestealer cult Rockgrinder - but with a Mark of Khorne and - more importantly - the saw blades reversed. Instead of outward en downward, they now point inward en upward. Beware even more ye who stands in front of it now!!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsdawilkck.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpspbawgvq7.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsub9kahpe.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps7vgbp9ra.jpg

Thanks for looking, and for any and all C&C. :)

Replies:

@ Aasfresser: That's a nice way of descirbing him, actually. The runt of the litter might get a place at the teat after all. ;)

@ Race Bannon: Thanks, and yeah, I know, right!?

@ The Hydra: That's exactly how I think about it. :D

@ SanguiniusReborn: That was the 3.5 COdex, and sadly I wasn't into the hobby in that period. I quit just before 3.5 came out. Perfect timing, right? I'd probably never have finished university if I'd stayed ni the hobby for only two months extra.

@ Brother Mayhem: Totally go for it. Even though the boots are a drawback, I have no regrets.

@ The Traitor: Yeah, the icon bearer is the axe-wielding DV chosen with the skeletal breast plate. I'm not into assassins myself (I don't really dig taking allies), but I'll be sure to check yorus out! :)

@ hushrong: I just ordered the original Khârn (even though I think the new one fits my new Khornate aesthetic better) for that purpose exactly. I already have the spartan. ;)

@ Mechanist: Yay! I'm very happy to hear that, buddy! I hope you'll find some hobby time soon. :tu:

Oh my lord yes, that Dozer Blade was made to RIP AND TEAR, I can just see it plowing through crowds of terrified Guardsmen as the Blood God roars with laughter from atop his Skull Throne! Please tell me you're gonna coat that beautiful monster with a sweet, sweet gore paintjob! :devil: Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Awww man... the minute I saw that dozer blade for the Cult I knew I had to have it on my Word Bearers' eventual Rhinos, but I wasn't sure it would fit well. Thank you for confirming that it will work. Looks awesome, as do the World Eaters themselves.

You sir are a bloody genius I'd considered using that dozer blade for something similar but now seeing how amazing it looks there's no more considering about it. And your Bootzerkers are frackin awesome as well I think it's actually somewhat fitting for raving lunatic mad men who've been fighting almost non-stop for somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 years to potentially have had to acquire replacement footwear. And the armour detail and the proportions are far more aesthetically pleasing imo than the old berzerker kit hands down overall awesome work as usual brother can't wait to see more.

Man, I was wondering how that rockgrinder would look on a rhino. Love it!

Definitely looking forward to seeing Khârn, some more hard killers, and that sweet spartan all together. Also, why the older Khârn mini and not the newer one? Just curious.

Thanks, everyone!

I've been a bit busy with painting the Rhino, which is almost done. Also, I thought I'd make a new base for Captain Eight Legs, also known as Einherjar the Eternal, which I repainted in my new KDK colour scheme this ETL. He used to be on a squarish base that matched my Night Lords, but that base proved cumbersome during gaming, plus it doesn't match my KDK - which, let's be fair, is a way better match for the enormous Daemon Engine.

Here's the new, oval base. It's constructed from 5mm MDF board, and the outline was done using an two Imperial Knight bases next to each other.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsbs27unuh.jpg

And here's a picture with C8L on his new base:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpspoxagd8c.jpg

As you'll notice, btw, the legs of C8L prevent the addition of the standard Lord of Skulls dozer blade. Guess what will be the prime ingredient for the dozer blade of the third Rhino?? :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsor7uzhof.jpg 

Hope you like! Thanks for looking and your comments :)

Replies!

@ SanguiniusReborn: OF COURSE! It's a total gore fest, so it should be reflected on the model, don't you think?

@ Aasfresser: You're most welcome, buddy! :p

@ Brother Pheidias: thanks buddy! Haven't seen you around these parts for much. Welcome! I appreciate your contribution!

@ DuskRaider: Thanks very much, buddy! Mind you, the construct to attach the blade to the rhino is a bit of a hassle, but it's definitely doable.

@ ShVagYer: Yay! Thanks for telling me, and glad you like it so much.

@ Teetengee: Teara!

@ Pyroclast91:Haha 'bootzerkers'. That's one I'll remember. Wait till you see the next Rhino. :)

@ The Traitor: Unless I'll roll a double one again, which so far has happened to me at least once in every game I play. 

@ hushrong: Glad you like it! I jsut ordered the old Khârn because I think he looks better overall, and want a spare one of that miniature for fear of it going out of stock. I admit now tjhat I've incoprorated the AoS aesthetic into my Khorne Daemonkin army with the Blood Warriors, I've also warmed a little more to the new Khârn. 

That Rockgrinder dozer looks perfect on the Rhino. I have one of the Lord of skulls dozers I was planning on using on a Landraider. Curious to see how it looks on a rhino though. I like the mod you've done to the top of the blade. :tu: