++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Great story about the old days. The Poison Elves comics take me back. RIP Drew Hayes.

I know right? RIP Drew Hayes indeed. That comic was epic. Literally and figuratively.

No worries dude! Also Kypris is perfect for the character I nicked his name from, one Harry Dresden.

Dragonlover

Ha! I had no idea that that comic even existed. I love it that Kypris has that background, and I'll do some research to integrate it. :tu:

Dude, the more you produce these librarians the more envious the Blood Ravens will become. And you know they steal stuff...

As for chaplains, they're my favorite so more would always be welcomed. Nothing keeps people in line like a dark armored giant shouting versus of hatred and wrath through a skull helm.

And you are doing right by Khorne. He's probably tired of seeing blue wizards getting all the love.

They should! And He is. Most definitely. :furious:

Dude. Dude. I've said this a lot in the past, but that Chaplain-  I'm going to have to steal that kitbash. Guess I'll be picking up a Cassius and another Chaplain next chance I have. :biggrin.:

Bloody amazing - if he doesn't have a name, I'd like to dub him Johan Verletzen, if that's not too much trouble.

Oh man, there's so many people stealing that kitbash. He won't be unique if I don't finish him soon. No pressure felt! :blink.:  The miniature you call Johann Verletzen is yours to name - but one question: Why John Suffers?

As always this thread inspires and motivates. Thanks for sharing. 

On another note, I love that old Bloodthirster... It's going to look great! Given you name all your models, he should be "Barry":whistling:  

Thank you for telling me that - it's what I aim for and I'm glad it's working. He shall most definitely NOT be named Barry - for that is the name of Fat Bloke's Bloodthirster, if I recall correctly. Or no it was that skinny dude, because Fat Bloke's aToFG was earlier and with Warhammer and he played beastmen. In any case, it was back when 3rd had just been released and the 40K version of the Tale of Four Gamers was going on, and Barry was part of the daemon contingent in the Black Legion army entry by one of the Dwarfers. My point is, the name 'Barry' is already taken.

Wow each time I check here loads happens, new chaplin build, painted drop pod and the dark gods will be pleased to see a counter to those weakling wizzards.

Blood for the blood god, 

BFTBG, buddy! ;)

That chaplain with a jump pack is awesome, cant wait to see it painted. 

The blood thirster is coming along nicely too. The blood god will be pleased :smile.:

Cheers! And BFTBG to you too :cool.:

Dude. Dude. I've said this a lot in the past, but that Chaplain-  I'm going to have to steal that kitbash. Guess I'll be picking up a Cassius and another Chaplain next chance I have. :biggrin.:

Bloody amazing - if he doesn't have a name, I'd like to dub him Johan Verletzen, if that's not too much trouble.

Oh man, there's so many people stealing that kitbash. He won't be unique if I don't finish him soon. No pressure felt! :blink.:  The miniature you call Johann Verletzen is yours to name - but one question: Why John Suffers?

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but can I just peek my head and say that a) I guess the correct translation would actually be John Hurt and b) Johann Verletzen sounds super-duper-awkward to a native speaker. Like, German-in-old-war-movies levels of awkward. Of course, that in itself can be great fun ;)

Thank you for telling me that - it's what I aim for and I'm glad it's working. He shall most definitely NOT be named Barry - for that is the name of Fat Bloke's Bloodthirster, if I recall correctly. Or no it was that skinny dude, because Fat Bloke's aToFG was earlier and with Warhammer and he played beastmen. In any case, it was back when 3rd had just been released and the 40K version of the Tale of Four Gamers was going on, and Barry was part of the daemon contingent in the Black Legion army entry by one of the Dwarfers. My point is, the name 'Barry' is already taken.

Aw, man that takes me back: It was Graham Davey's amazing Chaos Space Marine army, and that Bloodthirster conversion of his, where he basically sawed through every single limb of the metal model, was so cool! What a huge nostalgia moment ;)

@ Mitsman: Well, it's not a competition, mate! I'just glad you like mine, and would love to see yours :wink: Where can I find pictures? :smile.:

Here you are mate. Not nine yet but you know it is not a competition... :wink:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305134-mitsmans-ultramarines-blog-of-awesomeness/?p=4750451

Mitsman

@ KrautScientist: Thanks, I thought Johann Verletzen was a weird way of saying it. Could you offer an alternative? Also: Riiight Graham Davey! That's the guy. That was an amazing Chaos Army, indeed. I loved the brownish reds he used for his Khornate daemons. That was a great time to be in the hobby. Hopefully 8th will bring back some of those times, where things were more balanced.

@ Mitsman: Thanks! I'll take a look right away!

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but can I just peek my head and say that a) I guess the correct translation would actually be John Hurt and :cool.:Johann Verletzen sounds super-duper-awkward to a native speaker. Like, German-in-old-war-movies levels of awkward. Of course, that in itself can be great fun :wink:

Aye, that's what I was going for. ;)  Unfortunately, there's only one thing I can actually say in German and that's not it. xD I'll attempt to come up with a more suitable and less awkward name in the next evening or so.

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but can I just peek my head and say that a) I guess the correct translation would actually be John Hurt and :cool.:Johann Verletzen sounds super-duper-awkward to a native speaker. Like, German-in-old-war-movies levels of awkward. Of course, that in itself can be great fun :wink:

Aye, that's what I was going for. :wink:  Unfortunately, there's only one thing I can actually say in German and that's not it. xD I'll attempt to come up with a more suitable and less awkward name in the next evening or so.

I'll just put the smartassery regarding German grammar in spoilers, so as not to derail the thread any further :wink:

Well, in all fairness, you've actually gone for the one way of putting it that actually works with the John Hurt joke ("Johann Verletzt" would work as well, seeing how hurt in english is both the participle and the infinitive, whereas there are two different forms in German: "Verletzen" is the infinitive and "Verletzt" the participle), and I cannot really think of any alternative that keeps the joke and works as German at the same time. Which is why, on second thought, I think the corniness of the name should probably be embraced. As an aside, "Johann verletzt" would also roughly translate to "Hurt John" (as in "John who is hurt"), whereas "Johann verletzen" could be understood as a bit of an order (as in "Let's Hurt Johann!"). I am probably overthinking this...

That being said, you could probably get away with some kind of phonetic approximation, like "Johann Werletsen", or something of the sort, although it would water down the joke a bit...

@ Auggs: Yeah, that Graham Davey army was sweet alright: I remember being awestruck at seeing all of his conversions that were achieved by cutting apart metal models! And his Possessed (built to resemble the artwork from the 3rd edition Codex) may have aged terribly by today's standards, but looked so completely awesome back then. And he built a berzerker Dreadnought that I drew on rather heavily for my first converted World Eaters Dreadnought. Anyway, good times!

Edited by KrautScientist

What do they call 6 librarians standing together? A chaos cabal waiting to happen : )

Libbys look awesome. What's that jump pack from? Kromlech or...?

Looking forward to the Bloodthirster. Just finished one of the new models... took me a whole month. And that drop pod.... just wow man. You've really mastered the weathered chipped paint effect.

@ The Psycho: Looking forward to it, buddy :)

@ KrautScientist: Yeah, dude, the dread with the metal jugernaut snout, right? We Khorne loers all made that thing. Good times.

@ BCK: You mean to say you didn't know? It's right there in his location... Also: you can be plenty fast - if you put your mind to it. Your problem is your mad genius forces you to convert continuously. ;)

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: That's the worst joke I've ever read. :biggrin.: The Jump Pack is a recast FW MkII jump pack :) Also that chipping effect could not be simpler: sponge with rhinox hide, then dd edge highlights in the thick brown spots with mithrill. Done. Just try it on the underside of one of your tanks - it's so much easier than you'd think!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

The Bloodthirster is finished! What an awesome model to paint - I didn't use an airbrush, except for the first basecoat of Khorne Red. It was doubly cool because I actually painted this same miniature when I was about 19 years old - and back then I remember looking up to the task, seeing it as something daunting. Today, with improved techniques, online tutorials, and this supportive community, it was a breeze. I also love to have done some drybrushing again - somehow, with an airbrush, I don't use that technique quite so often anymore. Anyway, here goes. Meet my Bloodthirster, named after my favourite Khornate frater:

Ka'Ru-át'Syaan'Tiss-tür

Bloodthirster of the Eightfold Path, Servant of Khorne

known on countless worlds as  

The Slayer of Colgarus IV, The Mauling Doom, The Equiry of Blood

http://oi35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjelwgr3q.jpg

http://oi35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsnicyujbf.jpg

http://oi35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsygwdd4jg.jpg

EDIT: almost forgot: a big thanks to KrautScientist for pointing me to the painting recipe of Khorne Daemon skin. Thanks buddy -I hope you get his name :wink:

Hope you like! BFTBG!

I'm off to race my bike in the sun. :smile.:

Replies:

@ BCK: I was as well. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in the written word, does it? :wink: You totally should - but also play games, because you can only know what you want if you participate in your meta, no?

@ sockwithaticket: Cheers! I'm glad that came across :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ Race Bannon: Don't you think it's a little on the nose giving that attitude to a Khornate post with your Slaaneshi-numbered comment? :p ;)

@ Biohazard: Thanks buddy! Have a great day at work :)

@ Race Bannon: whoah, looks like I caused a rollercoaster of emotions, there - I forgive your previous transgression, as you are a confused man. :wink: Seriously now - to answer your original question - the carry case actually can be far smaller than the one for the new plastic BT - he's almost half his size. :D :tu:

That being said, I noticed that the metal Bloodthirster head is almost the exact same size as the head for the new plastic Bloodthirster:
http://oi35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps1zxazwkw.jpg

So I started rummaging through my Khornate bitsbox, and found the giant axe for the Insensate Rage Thirster that was left over from my copy of the plastic kit:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpscfxh4e3k.jpg

And I think I could pull it off to create another Bloodthrister using the metal OOP guy:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsczlrkf7s.jpg

So I ordered another metal Bloodthrister off eBay for GBP26 including shipping. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm thinking the main problem with this will be the smallish legs - which in combination with the massive Insensate Rage arms will probably make the resulting miniature look like a daemon that has skipped leg day a million times. I could perhaps remedy this with a set of carnifex legs - but all in good time. For now, I think I have a cool idea running, which I'll be happy to elaborate on once I have the metal miniature in my possession. Which will be June 8th the soonest, according to eBay... :biggrin.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Thats a great job on the old BT. I've always been in two minds about it as a figure thanks largely to the shonky angle of the Axe combined with the nostalgic awe >f it's original release. Seeing it alongside the plastic parts though has very intresting possibilities and I'm seriously considering using mine as a base for a DP since the size makes more sense to me.

@ Mechanist: Yeah I ca fully relate to that thought. I'm more and more sure that this will work. Plus, I have bought Guilliman from a bits site, and am thinking of using the metal BT arms for him, swapping out the metal axe for the remaining plastic Axe from the Plastyic BT, and giving him an etra pair of BT wings that I have also purchased...

@ guardian31: Haha have you ever looked at a gorilla's hind legs? Those are at least as big and strong as his front paws!

Hidden Content
1f7e5d260101c27526d602dfe81b7dc8.jpg

@ Viarocanum: Thanks, buddy!

LoL

My buddy Maarten, who is also a frater on B&C, asked me if I would make him a space marine for his loyalist Sons of Horus command squad, in exchange for an unpainted rhino. Of course I obliged, because that's a win-win for me :) The only restrictions were that the dude needed to have a Power Axe. So after a good hour of rummaging through my bits boxes, I came up with this guy:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/WP_20170527_015%202_zps4md4jpdg.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/WP_20170527_016%200%202_zpsm3e0fm4b.jpg

I am sure I have a full set of Reaver helmets stashed somewhere, but for the life of me I couldn't find them tonight. So I stuck on a cool bald head. His power axe is frmo the Vanguard kit. I also gace him a single Purity Seal as an Oath of Moment and an Eagle Backpack, to emphasize where his loyalties lie. 

A little birdy also told me that I would be getting my hands on Maarten's custom made Mk15 Land Raider track conversion set. Time for me to order a MkIIB Land Raider!!!

W00p W00p!

Hope you like the conversion. Let me know if you think he needs something else, or have any other ideas regading this guy :)

Cheers!

Looking really nice but he just doesn't seem to say Sons of Horus to me. Perhaps it's because you've been giving us all these fantastic Fists so I'm wanting to see a bit of yellow on this guy...