++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

I really like the admech head, it just conveys a sense of him having been through the wars, but the bald one works as well!  Again keep up the stellar work, and am excited to see him with some paint!

Hi Augustus,

Although both heads are nice, I really cannot imagine a Chappie without his skull helmet. For me it epitomises what the Chaplain is, the Emperor's wrath. The enemies should see the helmeted marine and piss their pants as the always look like an incarnation of death itself...:happy.:

Mitsman

Cheers, guys!

@ KrautScientist: I agree about the emotional expression - although with his experience I can imagine him begin a bit lulled in emotional gravitas. ;

@ sockwithaticket: Ah but his axe isn't swining, it's held aloft to inspire his troops ;)

@ SanguniiusReborn: CHeers, I'll either go for this one or one of the sternguard heads. Giving him a darker skin tone sounds like a coo idea.

@ Vairocanum: Good idea. Would you have any tips for putting service studs in? I'm thinking glass micro beads...

@ Sagentus: Fits the role how? I'm curious :) Good thing with the avatar! You're a full fledged frater, that deserves an avatar :tu:

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: is that even possible ;) :P I'll have a looksee through my Fists bits for a Polux or Wardens head.

@ Mechanist: Good feedback: any ideas for the service studs though? I agree about the axe - it's more holding high to see than preparing for a swing. 

@ dantay_xv: Haha ok that's a good point and I had that distanced mentality in mind, but I agree with those before about him not feeling as an Imperial Fist. 

@ Race Bannon: Thy will be done.

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: You should!

@ Kordhal: Cheers! The Chaplain will be first, but then I'll do this guy for sure.

@ Mitsman: Ah but remember I'm just using the chaplain body - the miniature that body is used for, the one that I photographed, will not be a chaplain and will not be black. He'll be a veteran officer of some sort - maybe a captain!

Cheers, guys!

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: is that even possible :wink::tongue.: I'll have a looksee through my Fists bits for a Polux or Wardens head.

Oooh, challenge Accepted! :wink: :FA:  And you sir, shall name him!

17800132_1378641145530150_65781624550981

The Warden bare head would be an excellent choice. If you would prefer a sneering nasty face, I do have a resin EC upgrade head going spare, if you want to use it for this or another officer.

Micro beads are definitely the most economical option, you can get a lot for very little money. You'll need to drill a small hole in the model to set in the beads though. I personally like model train rivets cause they come in "half spheres" so you can just glue them on without needing to drill into the model (I paid $4 CAD for 98 rivets, they come in all sorts of sizes too).

I'd actually try a glue blob method with super glue, use a pin to build up successive layers of tiny glue blobs (test on spare stuff first). I've done it on terrain with with a cocktail stick and PVA for rivets and it works well enough a nice sharp pin should give you a solid control and a couple of layers should give the depth needed to show up post painting.  

Painted the deathwatch/reclusiam combo Chaplain today:

Chaplain Johac Valezin - The Psycho

The youngest of fifth company's three Chaplains, Chaplain Valezin is known for his rigorous, stoic and logical mind. He always keeps his word: he always does what he says he will do, even if doing so is to his personal detriment. His demeanor has led to acts of bravery some would call insane or foolhardy, and he has led charges against incredible odds and survived. Among his feats are single-handedly retrieving a unit of downed and captured Stormtalon pilots from an Ork Waagh encampment, and killing the Waagh's enormous leader, Warboss Muzgob, in the process. These feats have earned him much respect among the brothers of fifth company, who regard him with awe and fear. His leadership through example have inspired many battle brothers in harsh campaigns, and for his age, Chaplain Valezin has earmed a surprising amount of accolades.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170605_002%202_zpsoknoc6y9.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170605_001%202_zps7afm3oty.jpg

Hope you like! 

Replies: 

@ Mitsman: I'll take a look at using that head with another Techpriest, then!

@ LCE: I will use him and thank you for the advice. Also: challenge accepted indeed :wink:

@ fire golem: Cheers, hope you like the above guy too :smile.:

@ Vairocanum: Ah right, I'll have a looksee with that technique. I used it for rivets before, so I should be good.

@ Mechanist: Hmm, I'll see. Wouldn't the blob be too big?

@ hushrong: That's exactly what I'm going for! :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Man that chaplain is awesome! really like how although its painted different you know its still an imperial fist.

how did you go about painting it? (got some ideas for my 'tales of a hobbyist' khorne meets BL lol

With regards the the other chaplain, i think the bold head makes him look more crazy/zealous. Just an idea but maybe try to paint a tattoo on his head maybe?  

Thanks guys! The pictures weren't really to my satisfaction, though. I realized it was way too sunny and the quality gave a blueish teint to them. So I took new pictures of the same chaplain and am much more satisfied now:

Chaplain Johac Valezin - The Psycho

The youngest of fifth company's three Chaplains, Chaplain Valezin is known for his rigorous, stoic and logical mind. He always keeps his word: he always does what he says he will do, even if doing so is to his personal detriment. His demeanor has led to acts of bravery some would call insane or foolhardy, and he has led charges against incredible odds and survived. Among his feats are single-handedly retrieving a unit of downed and captured Stormtalon pilots from an Ork Waagh encampment, and killing the Waagh's enormous leader, Warboss Muzgob, in the process. These feats have earned him much respect among the brothers of fifth company, who regard him with awe and fear. His leadership through example have inspired many battle brothers in harsh campaigns, and for his age, Chaplain Valezin has earmed a surprising amount of accolades.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170608_002%202_zps8sm87qaa.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20170608_001%202_zpsnf3sbhjj.jpg

I hope you, like me, like these more than the previous pics.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Vairocanum: Thanks buddy! I felt like I was a bit out of touch, as this was seriously the first miniature I had painted in over two weeks. 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks, mate! That is sweet of you to say ;)

@ Sagentus: Cheers, but I am curious: How is it painted differently than any other Imperial Fists chaplain? Isn't black with a left pauldron in the Chapter's colours the standard? Also, the other miniature yuo're referring to isn't a chaplain, it's going to be a captain :) But a tattoo is a possibility!

@ Sister Alessia: Thank you! The fluff is inspired by the namer ;)

@ The Observer: Hahaha thanks! You should definitely try to convert him - it's an amazing plastic miniature.

@ malcharion: Thank you! Your charcharodons are inspired!

@ Psyckic_scribe: Cheers, buddy! Glad you like him! :)

The pictures weren't really to my satisfaction, though. I realized it was way too sunny and the quality gave a blueish teint to them. So I took new pictures of the same chaplain and am much more satisfied now:

Running the picture through Photoshop's auto-color then through auto-tone* gave a result pretty similar to the final product, for what it's worth.

Lovely chaplain, and I like his fluff (especially his original description as having a 'can-do attitude'). I especially like the dark red of his bolt pistol and again, I love the jump pack.

* names subject to being translated from a non-English, five years old version.

Chaplain looks great, I do really like that Cassius model as a base.

I've recently taken a bit of inspiration from your classic Librarians as well and been scouring eBay for some of the classic OOP WE Champions. Planning to paint a squad of them soon. I also scored the classic Jugger Champ. :)