++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

This is coming along really well Augustus! Giving me inspiration to AT LEAST repaint my old ugly looking Defiler :wallbash: .

Personally, i'd paint it in Khorne colours <Can you tell i'm Canadian lol).  Looks too "Khornie" to paint in Midnight Clad:teehee:

Wow, that is an extremely awesome conversion right there! This should have been easy to mess up, but you really nailed it and created a rock solid build! Amazing!

What really sells the model to me, though, and truly makes it your own are the small touches, like the Knight faceplate (excellent choice!), the magma cutters and the Forgefiend "butt plate". All of this works together to create a warmachine that is, at the same time, brilliantly threatening and disturbingly insectile.

As for the colours, I'll be rooting for red and brass here, but that probably won't surprise anyone, right? This guy would be the perfect, living embodiment of the Blood God for your future World Eaters detachment to rally around -- just sayin'

Whatever you do, don't stop, mate! :)

That's one insanely cool looking model. At first it looked a bit flimsy, but it's a masterpiece now that you've bulked it out abit and added more details.

This is why I love the BnC, there are always tons of great conversions to inspire people :)

Gamingwise I have found the lord of skulls to be a bit lackluster for its points unfortunately. Although it is still really fun to play. It draws to much fire, (and the shadowsword aimed at it was basically just waiting for a 6.) In all honesty I think running two would be the way to go (which from a money and points standpoint is terrifying). However, I muchly suggest the skullcannon, as the gnaw rule is great and that is a nasty template.

Yeah I'm not sure about its efficacy on the field either, but it looks so fricking cool. :D I want to finish this thing before leaving for India on the 23d, so I just ordered all five weapon options from ebay. I couldn´t wait for it and thought: what the hell.

That's a freaking brilliant kit bash, I'd even love to consider doing one of my own, however I doubt it'll fit with my others.

Brilliant, keep up the good work

Thanks Skrundle87 :)  If you want, I'll make you a parts list.

Looks awesome so far. The spider legs look infinitely better than the tracks I think. Are you going the traditional red/gold scheme or will it be in midnight clad?

My vote is for midnight clad!

I'm not sure but I am leaning towards dark red tones with gold. I've been pondering how to do Khorne in Midnight Clad, and it just doesn't jive with me. I really want the traditional Khorne helmets, and they just look silly in blue, whatever tone of blue it might be. Then Flint came up with the WE roll call (she was the one who convinced me to switch from lurker to contributing Frater in the first place in the Night Lords roll call back in January) and I just had to join. So my Night Lords now have a small red hued World Eater attachement. :tu: 

This is coming along really well Augustus! Giving me inspiration to AT LEAST repaint my old ugly looking Defiler :wallbash: .

Personally, i'd paint it in Khorne colours <Can you tell i'm Canadian lol).  Looks too "Khornie" to paint in Midnight Clad:teehee:

Thanks mate - and you should. Send me a PM with the link when you're done! I'd love to see yours.

Wow, that is an extremely awesome conversion right there! This should have been easy to mess up, but you really nailed it and created a rock solid build! Amazing!

What really sells the model to me, though, and truly makes it your own are the small touches, like the Knight faceplate (excellent choice!), the magma cutters and the Forgefiend "butt plate". All of this works together to create a warmachine that is, at the same time, brilliantly threatening and disturbingly insectile.

As for the colours, I'll be rooting for red and brass here, but that probably won't surprise anyone, right? This guy would be the perfect, living embodiment of the Blood God for your future World Eaters detachment to rally around -- just sayin'

Whatever you do, don't stop, mate! :smile.:

Wow, thanks mate. Coming form such an accomplished kitbasher such as yourself that is high praise! Brilliantly threatening and disturbingly insectile is what I was going for?!  No worries, red and brass it's going to be.

That's a really intimidating conversion. It has an incredibly distinct silhouette that just completely unnerves me. Fantastic work!

Thanks a lot Marshal, I'm glad you like it. Your feedback keeps me going!

That torso looks much more "natural" than the original model. Sweet!

Ha thanks! Tracks just don't seem right on a walker, don't they?

That's one insanely cool looking model. At first it looked a bit flimsy, but it's a masterpiece now that you've bulked it out abit and added more details.

This is why I love the BnC, there are always tons of great conversions to inspire people :smile.:

I agree mate -BnC is such an awesome place to be inspired, stay motivated, and share ideas. :tu:

Looks amazing!

How tall is it compared to the "normal" Lord of Skulls?

Thanks BEN. I have no idea how tall a normal LoS is, as I've never seen one in the flesh and I can't build one as I don't have the tracks. My guess is, from the pics, that it's a little lower. But it's also a little wider now, so in all it's similarly sized I think. 

Eight Legged Lord of Skulls Parts list:

Lord of Skulls

• torso
  • both arms
  • right arm armour plate
  • abdominal armour plate
  • lower spine
  • axe
  • 2x neutral shoulder pad 
  • belly cannon 
  • 5x barrels
  • engine exhausts
  • as many blood vials as possible
  • as many pistons as possible
  • 2x blood tanks.

Defiler

• 2x body
  • 2x claws
  • 2x defiler claw armour plate
  • 2x leg + armour plates

Soul Grinder

• 4 leg + armour plates
  • 2x soul grinder claw armour plate

Imperial Knight

• "Gladiatorial" face plate
  • 1x thigh armour

Maulerfiend

• Carapace
  • Magma cutters + covers

Chaos Chariot

• Ribbed horns
  • Smooth horns
Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Did some sculpting: pectoral muscles below the breast plate and a jaw for the head.

Pectoral muscles

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsbc962409.jpg

Jawline

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps495baadf-1.jpg

Thanks again for looking. Feedback more than welcome. It keeps me going and has always helped me make good decisions in the builds and sculpts I make. So keep 'm coming! :tu:

Thanks mate. Almost finished with sculpting now. 

The front claws have, like I said, extra pistons for added strength - both structurally and to make it look like it packs an extra punch/crawl. I'm happy how this turned out. Mind you - there's still some blood vials to give this more detail and to cover this empty space up. The horizontal gaps are inspired by the back of the DV dread's rear 'gills

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps8b7c7046-1.jpg

Here's the 'rear' with the pincers. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps6d403abf.jpg

The bottom. I tried to sculpt abs. This was merely done to at least cover the huge gap in between the two defiler base sections. Not the best sculpting, but as this is the bottom of the model no-one will see and I'm not *that* perfectionistic.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps23a26be6.jpg

Tubing from the blood tanks section. I tried to show how the tanks 'feed' into the fleshy part of the daemon engine.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpscd2b0405.jpg

Thanks for looking and feedback very welcome!

Those cables are really neat. They do a great job of filling up empty space as well as making all of that wacky machinery look like it's doing something useful ^_^

Thanks for the comments guys, they keep me going! :thumbsup:

@Forte: :biggrin.: The cables are made with Green Stuff Industries' Tentale Makers I believe the SAW-050. I'm usuing a mixture of Grey Stuff and Milliput, hence the colour.

@Biohazard: Thanks mate. I cannot wait to start painting this babyeither - although I dread painting red in such large surfaces. I switched to Night Lords blue after I got so frustrating getting a red I liked for my Word Bearers. 

@Flint13: Haha yeah I guess the pistons on this engine are neither hydrolic or pneumatic, but rather they're sanguinic... :wink:

@Skrundle87: Definitely go for it mate.

Edit: corrected article nummer GSI product.

Did some work on the head today.

The muscular neck (I hope it's visible this way...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsb264a4dc.jpg

And the dreadlocks! Like a true predator ;)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zps89c64664-1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/temporary_zpsc28f336d.jpg 

Thanks for looking and feedback!

@Forte: you're welcome - I also changed the product code of the GSI model -it's actually the SAW-050

@Fracture: Thanks mate. It is pretty ambitious and I'll probably look back on the GS work and think Ï could've done better. I´m not sure how I feel about your jealousy -the thing with skill is it improves the more you use it. Your new contemptor makes me go :eek: