++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Hmm, I was just going to agree with the comment above that cautioned not to grow panicky and end up half-arsing two projects, but now it's gone. Strange...

Anyway, I think there are several points to consider here:

• I would LOVE to witness the exquisite blasphemy of using the new Guilliman model to make a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince, so if that's what sets your mind aflame right now, go for it.
  • Then again, don't make the mistake of grasping for straws now, at the risk of compromising any standards. Losing a day or two now is definitely preferable to ending up with two sub-par, or worse: half-finished, models.
  • Maybe the best course of action right now would be to take a step back, take a day off, or take some time to properly conceptualise either model -- or both. Then get back to your desk with a fresh perspective. And if you have to wait for bitz to arrive, that is fine, too. Chances are, you'll come away from it all with a new idea or ten, so above all else:
  • DON'T PANIC! :)

Hmm, I was just going to agree with the comment above that cautioned not to grow panicky and end up half-arsing two projects, but now it's gone. Strange...

Are you referring to my post? I just thought that he was going to abbandon his original project for another one, so I made a lengthy post to dissuade him. :unsure.:

To be fair August, your wild plans for your Nurgle DP are pretty amazing. If you would have to make a choice between the 2, I would go for that one. But take your time for it. It's a great plan with a great model. It's better to give it the attention it deserves, so you won't regret later that you sped through it for a badge in your signature. Either relax and wait for the bits or postpone it until round 2 and go full out on the Slaneeshi one. Kraut has truly solid advice.

Don't panic both models have the potential to be awesome but don't rush them together.

That being said there is no real problem with starting the Slaanesh conversion with some bluetack so we can see the Girliman/Fulgim bits size possibilities.

Hey men !! Your nurgle demon prince strat greatly and I'm sure that you'll find the inspiration to complete that model to end up with something awesome :)

Love the idea of using Guilliman for a Slaanesh DP ! As you've guess I'm voting for both project ^^.

Give yourself the time to make those project, with no rush and they will came out great as always ;)

Malchy

Definitely stick with the nurgle guy, you have a fantastic idea and it would be awesome to see it come to fruition. However, the slaanesh/guilliman conversion does sound pretty cool as well..

Awwww! Thanks for the support, everyone! It's heartwarming to read your words of encouragement, and GIF-like slaps in the face. :biggrin.:

Turns out, I didn't have hobby burnout at all - I was just frustrated for being stymied by a lack of appropriate bits. Also, I didn't feel like scultping or anything model related - so I used my last foamboard to create some more terrain for my industry-themed board! When the building was finished, I used some printed Imperial (counter-)propaganda posters that I was sent by KrautScientist and which I also found on the interwebs to decorate the building.

Here's the result:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Terrain/temporary_zpsuyurxd03.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Terrain/temporary_zpsakskmaha.jpg

Detail:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Terrain/temporary_zps4enrwlqk.jpg

Detail:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Terrain/temporary_zpsm0x9ib3q.jpg

I also did two pillboxes:http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Terrain/temporary_zps2b85x03z.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Terrain/temporary_zpsj05poi4g.jpg

I'm pretty stoked with them, especially because they include all material I collected over the years for precisely this purpose. The techniques and materials I used are both the result of a process of trial and (t)error over a couple fo years - and I'm actually considering donating most of my other terrain to our local gaming club, and starting with these, as I'm much happier with these results than with previous builds. :)

Hope you like. Thanks for watching and your C&C! :)

Replies!

@ Olis: Meh, I think I just need to et my hands on the ordered bits and I'll be ok. :) I will popaply cut of those spikes, yes :)

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay: Why not indeed? Well, not at the same time. That kills motivation for either. 

@ Kizzdougs: Hey! You capitalized your first letter! Don't worry about the nurglification of the jump packs - thy will be done. ;)

@ GreyRavenC: Because that would kill my motivation even further. I hate working on multiple projects at the same time. Remember all thsoe awesome librarians? Half of them are still not painted, as I burned myself out looking at those unpainted models. If I've learned anythign about my progress over the last ten years, it's that I need to start and finish a unit before moving on to the next. 

@ KrautScientist: Haha I knew that slaaneshi guilliman would triger you! :D I've taken your third advice and just worked on some terrain to empty the modelling part of the cache of my brain. :tu:

@ GreyRavenC: Yeah I kinda panicked a bit because for the first time in years I fear I propably won't be able to make a deadline. Usually I finish way before it. But I got a messae from eBay saying the bits will arrive probably in the last week of July, so if I hurry (which I hate) I may just make it. But I've already let go of the deadline - and just hope that I will finish before August 31ST!

@ Mechanist: I won't, thanks! I might do that, but that'd mean starting the proejct, and I'm not for that, per sé - as it might burn me out even more. 

@ Teetengee: Nurgle is the way forward, no? I'm not sure which other sencer mini there is of that particular size, but no matter - I think I have another cunning plan....

@ Malcharion: Cheers buddy! That's really nice of you to say!

@ Kordhal: I'll do both, but not parallel.. 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Cheers! I know what you mean, but those are turbine intakes, not exhausts!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Sure!

• The building itself was entirely constructed using 5mm foamboard. I paint the edges I wish to glue to other pieces with a thick black, fast-drying acrylic paint. I then dab that with fast-drying wood-glue every 2cm, and alternate it with tick blobs of superglue (the acryllic paint is purely to prevent the superglue from eating into the foamboard's inner styrofoam).
  • When the entire building is constructed, I cover all corners and edges with cheap 3cm-wide masking tape you can get from the DYI store. This makes it even more durable than it already is. 
  • The silo is a Pringles tube. :smile.:
  • The tubes are small 90o plumbing tube corners from a DYI store 
  • The ladders are made from cutting them out of 1cm square chicken fence. Where I want them to be on the building, I first put a piece of the above masking tape. I then coat the ladders 'attachement spokes' with some two-component eoxy (which I also use for constructing resin mnis) and then simply press the ladder through that tape into the foamboard.
  • The fan on top of the silo and the bulkhead doors are from Zinge Industries
  • The tech-y part on the top floor is the top part from the vindicator kit
  • The lamp posts are from the Sector Imperialis GW terrain kits, plastic glued to rectangular strips of plasticard, which are then superglud straight to the foamboard fo the building walls.
  • The floor parts are cut from ABS Double Diamond embossed plasticard A4s from greenstuffindustries (I cannot link to eBay b/c Forum Rules, but look for their store and you'll find it for sure)
  • The plate is simply some 5mm MDF
  • I coat the building in a small layer of smeared, then stipled Latex wall paint, mixed with some sand 

If you're interested in the (counter-)propaganda posters, send me a PM with your email, so I can WeTransfer a PowerPoint to you. :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Cheers, guys!

@ Vairocanum: Thanks you - on all fronts :)

@ rednekkboss: Really? How's about fruit loops?

@ deathspectersgt7: Of course! Always welcome!

@ Mechanist: Thank you! Yeah I'm glad I got to do something productive hobby wise this weekend.

@ Daemon2027: Cheers buddy. Also, what's happening, daemonwise, in ten years?

@ Kizzdougs: It suits you. And thanks :tu:

@ GreyRavenC: Of course not! Just send me a PM and I'll share the link with you. :)

@ Daemon2027: Cheers buddy. Also, what's happening, daemonwise, in ten years?

The way will become clear for the invasion of Terra and the reign of the Chaos Gods will begin.

Or I just needed some numbers and at the time the year started with 20 and I was 27. I suppose I should of updated it to 2032 but then I'd want to change it every year!

Edited by Daemon2027

Loving all your recent work on the Khorne Daemons and the start of the Nurgle DP is coming along great, loving the idea with the jump pack, that has to be one of the best executions of that idea I've seen. Great stuff. What do you have planned for his head?