Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread// Started THIRD World Eater Army p235

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
5880 replies to this topic

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Fantastic work, mate! Even better with the sculpting! This will be sooo cool when it's finished!

Teetengee does have a point, though: Maybe you should go for a mix of "plugged" and "unplugged" cables/dreadlocks. I remember a part from Betrayer where Angron's Butcher's Nails are described as looking like a crest of metallic dreadlocks, with some plugged into his armour's power conduit, while others have torn free and are dangling from his head -- maybe it would be cool to emulate that.

Oh, and one more thing: It's kinda hard to make out in the pictures, but...erm...does that thing have an actual rectum between those pincers? o_O

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

Thakns guys for the feedback and comments. I really like the idea of making the dreadlocks look like mechatendrils - I haven't read up on the butchers nails too much, so Teetengee, Lord Haelim Lev, Xin Ceithan and Kraut Scientist: thanks for the idea! I will make some plugged-in versions. :tu:

Oh, and one more thing: It's kinda hard to make out in the pictures, but...erm...does that thing have an actual rectum between those pincers? o_O

HAHAHA! No mate, he doesn't. But you bring up an interesting idea though.... ;) blink.png 
(why do people keep commenting on my miniatures' asses? Someone also suggested giving my obliterators butt-plates... That's right ppots - 340 comments later this comes back to cause the trouble you dreaded ;) :D)

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

It's looking freaking sweet! (anus or no) tongue.png

• Augustus b'Raass likes this
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

Voxxel

Voxxel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

As much as I like the conversion as a whole I think you overdid the 'hair' a bit. It looks a bit out of place to me. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it's honestly the only thing thus far I think could be done better! The suggestion of altering out some cables for tubes would already make a big difference in my opinion.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpg

Blood Angels WIP topic: Tactical/Assault/Terminator Squad,  Dreadnought,  Captain

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

Haha this is good - Voxxel, I agree with your assessment. I opened BnC to make an update just now - as I redid the hair with different tubes and cables - to find you comment advising me to do exactly that.  Great minds think alike?

So I redid the entire do of the thing and it now has four different kind of cables with varying thicknesses. What do you all think - better?

temporary_zps2e5d508f.jpg

temporary_zps9e303769-1.jpg

• KrautScientist and Chandrian like this

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,390 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
Those new cables are a huge improvement. That is turning into a beast.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Chandrian

Chandrian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
  • Faction: VIII LegioN WarbanD

Looking good!  You've convinced me to purchase my own Tentacle Maker LOL thumbsup.gif

Works In Progress 

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png   3nlK9nQ.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Improved! But I would still like to see more cables ending in other mechanisms rather than just hanging loose.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

Improved! But I would still like to see more cables ending in other mechanisms rather than just hanging loose.

I know what you mean but I am not sure how - any ideas? I don't have any servitors to spare (they all turned into cultists) I do have some plasticard tubing and plates lying around, but have no idea how to turn those into plugs or servitor-endings'... Please spill it when you have ideas! ±tu±

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

You could cut or buy washers and stick them on the end, or you could just lengthen them until they meet a hard surface? That's all I got.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Brother Ambroz

Brother Ambroz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,011 posts
  • Faction: The Tempest Hounds

Augustus, how are you finding that tentacle maker? I just purchased one online for a much smaller but similar conversion with dreadlocks I'm working on. The myriad different cables there look much better than before, nice job!

Formerly Tanith Ghost

The Ravitch Reavers - Traitor Guard

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

I think the "hair cables" are pretty much perfect now: There's more variation to them than before, some of them look like they may actually have served a technical purpose at some point, and yet the dreadlock resemblance is still there. Very, very cool! :)

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

Thanks Forte, Haelim, Teets, Ghost and Kraut! Your comments confirmed that I am on the right track with these. I'm still considering scratchbuilding washers or plugs for some of the ends. In any case, the smooth ones will be painted with hazardstripes and the rest in varying metal colours. :tu:

chaplain mortis

chaplain mortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 950 posts
Very chaotic looking raass..but I would expect no less haha...thumbs up
Signature non-compliant due to photobucket...
Hidden Content

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

The Eight Legged Lord of Skulls is complete and basically ready for painting! The only thing left to do on this sucker is put on the gun muzzles, but those haven't come in the mail yet... 

Unfortunately painting will have to wait until the end of september - there's a problem with my airbrush compressor's valve right now and I'm off for three weeks to the Himalaya's in a week. 

Thanks everyone for the support and the cheers - you guys keep me going. Also, the critical feedback I've gotten really pushes me to be a better converter/kitbasher - so thanks to you all. 

And now for the pics.

Front

temporary_zps3183fd55-1.jpg

Left

temporary_zps21621aa6.jpg

Right

temporary_zps51a6493b.jpg

Rear

temporary_zpsda18b8d4.jpg

temporary_zps383f9d46.jpg

Augustus, how are you finding that tentacle maker? I just purchased one online for a much smaller but similar conversion with dreadlocks I'm working on. The myriad different cables there look much better than before, nice job!

The tentacle makers are indeed a bliss. I bought them back in 2012 when Richard from GSI was still in the beginning of the process. I made a guest article about my Khorne Dark Apostle 'Bucephalus' for his site and even has some of my WIP pics of the Word Bearers dread I used it on ion his FB site. I was lucky to get my hands on his stuff before the craze so shipping was real fast biggrin.png

• MrBear, ShotgunFacelift, Kierdale and 5 others like this

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

Glad to see this monstrosity complete buddy! It's looking awesome. I love how the mechanical dreads really make him a terrific machine representation of Angron's crazy mane of Butcher's Nails.

Secondly, enjoy your time in the Himalayas! Just keep in mind while you're there, you're totally standing where the Palace of Terra will be erected in 28,000 years or so thumbsup.gif

• Dragonkin Arenis and Augustus b'Raass like this
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

Koriel

Koriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords legion
That thing is a real beast. It's been awesome to see how it went from concept to finished model.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

MrBear

MrBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 596 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Sons of Horus

It's a fantastic conversion, there is nothing to criticize about it for me. Only bad thing is that we'll have to wait so long to see it painted but I hope you'll have a nice time in the Himalayas mate, sounds like an exciting trip smile.png

Skrundle87

Skrundle87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 614 posts
Fantastic stuff man, simply fantastic

Muskie

Muskie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,138 posts
  • Faction: Diseased Sons

Now it is a walker. It needs paint though.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

@Flint: Actually it's been awesome to have a side project from my regular Night Lords, and I'm happy and thankful you're  sharing the experience with me. 
The Himalaya's will be a superb challenge. I'm climbing the Stok Kangri, a 6K+ meter high mountain in the Indian himalaya's near Leh. It's an extra challenge because I suffered a spinal disc hernia four years ago and my knees are pretty much pulp after years of rock climbing and race cycling. I've been training for this for almost a year now. I'll be climbing the mountain with a dedciated group of young professionals and we've all tapped into our professional and personal networks to raise money for a really good cause: an NGO that supports sustainable educational initiatives in the Mumbaian slums. We've managed to raise over €50k uptil now so I better climb that mountain thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

And you can be sure I'll be shouting Blood for the Blood God when and if I'll reach the top. The place needs to be desicrated looooooooooong before that false god takes his last seat there. msn-wink.gif

@MrBear: Thanks! The Himalaya trip will be one of my biggest physical challenges in my life uptil now, so hopefully I'll be in a state of mind/body to finish the model before the end of September - or maybe October.

@Koriel: Cheers mate! I'm still trying to find a balance between updates on a starting project and the finish - I even felt sometimes this project had a little too many (although all had grerat feedback which gave me ideas to improve) so please don; hesitatie to comment on that.

@Skrundle87: Thanks mate, I'm happy you like my work! Please feel free to commetn or give feedback -it makes us all better builders. 

@Muskie: right you are mate. Funnily, the standard *tracked* Lord of Skulls is considered a walker according to the rules. I said bullocks and actually gave him legs. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 14 August 2014 - 10:54 PM.

Kriegsmacht

Kriegsmacht

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,611 posts

Sweet Lord of Skulls. A true War Machine. thumbsup.gif

Good luck on your climb. After you give a shout out to Khorne are you going to at least do a yodel? I'm pretty sure it's mandatory after a mountain climb. tongue.png 

The flesh is weak but Twinkies are forever...

Burn the Heretic, the witch, the mutant in the name of oooo cake!

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,185 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics

Augustus - when are you going to add wings and make it transformable into a Baneblade?

tongue.png

Good looking btw.

gallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeggallery_75122_9925_17742.pnggallery_75122_9925_17937.pnggallery_75122_9925_15020.png
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

Sweet Lord of Skulls. A true War Machine. thumbsup.gif

Good luck on your climb. After you give a shout out to Khorne are you going to at least do a yodel? I'm pretty sure it's mandatory after a mountain climb. tongue.png

Thanks mate. And no - Yodels are for Swiss toddlers climbing the hills they call Alps. The Himalaya's are for real men - or in words less offensive to our dedicated female worshippers - for those truly worthy of the Blood God's attentions. ;)

Augustus - when are you going to add wings and make it transformable into a Baneblade?

tongue.png

Good looking btw.

Haha, maybe I'll do something like that in a future kit-bash/conversion. Thanks anyway mate thumbsup.gif

EDIT: it there are Swiss climbers here that have climbed the North face of the Eiger - I take everything back. You guys deserve a place at the foot of the Skull Throne.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 15 August 2014 - 08:54 AM.

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,132 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

Oooo... I'm so jealous! You beat me to building something like this, and it looks stunning. I've dreamed of making an over-sized Defiler for several years, and the Lord of Skulls kit is just begging for it. Someday... someday... *eyes glaze over as he stares at the wonderful creation*

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
MlwLia9.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)