++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

@ BCK: Eh, it happens in the process. I can't count the amount of times a conversion just failed, leaving me with destroyed bits. At least this time I could just resculpt! :biggrin.: Don't worry about teh jaw - it'll get a triple chin or something. Including sores and boils. 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: There shall be a tongue! I actually cut apart a Korgorath this weekend, and it has plenty of disgusting alien-like snake-like thinges. 

Like this one:

Hidden Content

giphy.gif

Oh no wait like this one

alien_3.gif

It's so awesome how the dog GIF so incredibly resembles the Alien one. I love it!

:biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

Anyway.

@ KrautScientist: Hey that's a good point! I think I'll try to shorted the jaw, yeah. Don't worry about the Nurgle look of the turbines. Plague Marines also started as Knights in Shining armour. My process is I first make it crisp, then Nurglefy it with pustules, sores, tentacles, holes and dents - even rust/inflamation/necrosis holes!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

I'd leave the jaws as they are, they look brilliant. I'd tried the horror jaws in there before but I only had one to play with and I couldn't get it to look as cool as this. Excellent work :tu:

Ps the turbines are a thing of disgusting beauty :tu:

CHeers, guys. 

And lastly, I was immensely inspired by GuitaRasmus' recent Nurgle DP's face, and decided that a good stolen idea is better than a bad original one. Enter a reversed Pink Horror face and the Ogre head:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/background_clouds_a4_greyHead_zps4ayjyokg.jpg

I'm not going to lie: I LOVE this development. 

What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback and other comments! :smile.:

Cheers!

Replies:

@ guardian31: thanks buddy! Any ideas on how to improve it even more?

@ malcharion: Oooooh now I see what you mean. Great idea! I shall implement it! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Seriously - don't change a thing. Don't shorten it, don't cut it, just give it some greenstuff at the seems - that looks perfect. I'm envious that I didn't think of combining those two bits. Great job. You win this round. 

I'd leave the jaws as they are, they look brilliant. I'd tried the horror jaws in there before but I only had one to play with and I couldn't get it to look as cool as this. Excellent work :thumbsup:

Ps the turbines are a thing of disgusting beauty :thumbsup:

Listen to this guy. :)

Cheers, guys!

Operation 'rebuild the jump pack' was succesful, and I can now finish the 'new' look. The part where the exhaust meets the rest of the turbine needs some work, but I'm a bit shy with ideas on how to do those... any ideas? Also, the lower part is a bit dull now - I was thinking of a belly-like rotten skin flab, but I should also take into account that somewhere the arm and shoulder pads also have to fit under it. Thoughts are most welcome!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170727_003%202_zpslgsr9gab.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170727_004%202_zps050m42v4.jpg

In other news, I've done a big restock on hoby materials - mostly Army Painter paints, a new Army Painter Tape measure, but also a self-closing tweezers which will help with transfer work, and, most interestingly, a restock on GreenStuff. I always buy the seperate blue and yellow rolls from GaleForce9. It seems though, that the sly bastards have gone the way of corporate customer trickery. Here's a comparison shot of the new rolls of GreenStuff next to the tubes in which my previous stock was sold:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/WP_20170727_001_zpsppkzeeao.jpg

Those tubes were filled to the top with the previous GreenStuff rolls. Notice the ~20% difference in length? Yet they charge the same price. Ié emailed them about it, but I fear the worst. We should all bite our thumbs at them, call their mothers hamster and fart in their general direction!  

Thanks for looking and for your thoughts!

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Cheers buddy! Have any ideas on the weapons he'll be holding?

@ Biohazard: Yeah I'm coming around from them - I think they'll work fine with a big double chin. 

@ GuitaRasmus: dude you're most welcome to copy it :)

@ Aasfresser: A tongue will be done!

@ sockwithaticket: Ha! That's a pretty cool thing of you to say - thanks! Any ideas on how to make it better (especially the undersides and where the exhausts meet the turbines?

That larger jaw looks amazing, as does the remold of the backpack. Maybe go for the sword with this model, the nurgle one that comes with that set looks pretty cool imo.

edit : The position of the arm would have to be changed though, just looked up the normal nurgle DP model and it wouldn't work 

Edited by Sagentus

Cheers, guys!

Operation 'rebuild the jump pack' was succesful, and I can now finish the 'new' look. The part where the exhaust meets the rest of the turbine needs some work, but I'm a bit shy with ideas on how to do those... any ideas? 

I always buy the seperate blue and yellow rolls from GaleForce9. It seems though, that the sly bastards have gone the way of corporate customer trickery. Those tubes were filled to the top with the previous GreenStuff rolls. Notice the ~20% difference in length? Yet they charge the same price. 

You could continue the armor plating around the turbine shaft or a little less intensive would be to just do a reinforcing strip with rivets around the circumference where the turbines join up. As for GF9, it's been that way for a while now, and the last one I got didn't even have the plastic tubes that the cylinders of green stuff halves normally come in; I got a blister pack and the plastic cling film on the blue half must have come open in shipping because the entire length of it was stuck to the side of the blister pack so bad that I didn't even bother trying to pry it away. 

I like how the head is coming along, but I think you should de-Ogre some by removing the triangular shards of metal riveted to the sides, and maybe extend the mask down to where the nose should be. 

Alright, I decided to just start with the nurglification and see where that leads. As I suspected I ended up covering the transition between the exhaust and the turbine, so that problem is solved! 

Here's a pic:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/Naamloos_zps5gipcfip.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Only the lower part to go. I'll also be doing something about the fleur-de-lis arrow designs on the top plates.

What do you think?

Replies!

@ Sagentus: I like the sword too, but it's so 'standard'. I'm afraid he'll end up looking like the standard nurgle DP with a jump pack - and I want this guy to really scream: conversion!

@ The Traitor: Thanks, buddy!

@ guardian31: Maggoty tubes added! 

@ Biohazard: Cheers! I was thinking of doing something spine-like along the lower end...

@ BCK: Yeah, I see what you mean about the ogre head. I'll work on it this weekend. Thanks!

Great to see some nurglefication taking place :-)

your right tbh it would look too standard. So maybe a tentacle like arm wielding a nurglfied mace? Then for the left arm something like the fw nurgle dp/herald with the guns merged into the arm somewhat?

Edited by Sagentus

Great stuff so far - really coming together. :)

Idea for the arms - use hellbrute arms, or alternatively change the fists to those from Kastelan robots - they look pretty cool, with three fingers, and the scale fits, I think. The claws have much better rules than the axe or sword anyway (which I found out, after I made mine with a scythe = axe :D ) 

You could also steal this idea from Morbäcks helbrute, with the saw-fist - I really like it, and plan on stealing the idea too:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0e/1f/bc/0e1fbc730706eee147e2dbccc5c4fdae.jpg

Excellent work on the disgusting parts of the jump pack! I especially love the hapazardness of the effect - it looks truly diseased and mutated!

Seeing the more comprehensive mockup has also made me realise that you can probably leave the head as is, after all -- just to be clear, I was just advocating some caution so as not to create a head to covers up too much of the torso. I liked the idea just as much as everybody else, but did want to keep an open mind, as it were.

Anyway, this guy is really turning into something quite special! :)

Cheers, gang! 

I'm truckin away at the Nurglification process. I'll ostpone doing the underside of the turbines until after I have finished the entire build of the miniature, as I suspect his arms will be pretty raised. I'm still waiting for the censer to arrive, so I can start work on his right arm swinging. Meanwhile, I started working on the top of the mini itself - adding cables, goop, puss, warts, pustules (made by sticking glass beads in the putty and covering that with watered down PVA) and even some mushroom stacks (pieces of plastic rod burned at the top. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170728_009_zpsj8zyrf8h.jpg

here's some more pictures:

Hidden Content

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170728_008_zpsttgjt7s7.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/WP_20170728_005_zpsuppmf6ut.jpg

It's a fun process, and I'm really getting into this build, now. I can't wait to start working on the arms!

Comments and feedback most appreciated. :)
Cheers!

Replies!

@ Sagentus: Yeah a gun is maybe the way to go, eh? I'm thinking maybe a plastic CSM heavy bolter, built into his greave, and then a clenched fist... Or perhaps a fist holding a clutter of skulls, hair, and goop.

@ GuitaRasmus: Aw, man! That claw on Mörback looks soo good! I'll steal that for one of my three helbrutes for sure!

@ KrautScientist: No problems! I love the idea still, and will create a veritable triple chin!

@ Aasfresser: Cheers, buddy! Glad you like him :)

@ Brother Aiwass: Thanks! I'll keep it that way!

Oh that is looking really disgusting! Seeing how you pinned the head maybe the neck is going to be too long? It usually wouldn't be an issue for a daemon, but him being nurgly it might look a bit off.

Alright, I decided to just start with the nurglification and see where that leads. As I suspected I ended up covering the transition between the exhaust and the turbine, so that problem is solved! 

Here's a pic:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Death%20Guard/Naamloos_zps5gipcfip.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Only the lower part to go. I'll also be doing something about the fleur-de-lis arrow designs on the top plates.

What do you think?

Replies!

@ Sagentus: I like the sword too, but it's so 'standard'. I'm afraid he'll end up looking like the standard nurgle DP with a jump pack - and I want this guy to really scream: conversion!

@ The Traitor: Thanks, buddy!

@ guardian31: Maggoty tubes added! 

@ Biohazard: Cheers! I was thinking of doing something spine-like along the lower end...

@ BCK: Yeah, I see what you mean about the ogre head. I'll work on it this weekend. Thanks!

That thing is looking awesome man!

Also, might i suggest the tyranid lasher toungues for the mouth. Something long, thin and slimy? Anyway, keep up the great job. Looking forward to the finished product!

I've been waiting to comment until I saw the pack attached to the body, and it looks exactly as awesome as I'd hoped it would. You should totally put a grasping hand or something on the end of the tongue btw.

Dragonlover