++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Cheers, team! 

My phone got stolen on Christmas Eve, so taking pictures will be a little difficult for me atm. I did a ton of work on the Fire Raptor ysterday, and probably today will be the day I finish it. I'll have to make do with my iPad for pictures until I get a new phone though, so bear with me.

Replies!

@ Mechanist: Exactly my thoughts! 

@ Atia: Thanks, matey!

@ Ranker: Good to hear. And yeah, Mechanist pretty uch summed it up. :)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers! I always paint the nails with meltgun metal before the 'gore wash' of the entire skin flap. 

@ Vairocanum: Thanks! I'm excited to be painting again (have you seen the finished MkIIb Land Raider on p.155?)

@ hushrong: Yeah I really love the new door sculpts - they're a lot more pronounced indeed, but not too much. ALthough truth be told I liked the original Chaos Night Lords doors the best. Sadly, they're discontinued...

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but "A Daemon possessed the gunship and is mutating its airframe into a flesh-and-blood body for itself," actually makes more sense than "The Night Lords waste time mounting fresh bodies onto their gunships, to replace flesh-and-blood decorations that were lost every time the gunship flew faster than 400 km/h."

I mean... I dunno, I'd  be pretty terrified if I was some agri world scrub that heard a sonic boom and then bodies in various states of decay started falling from the sky. Maybe it's all part of the plan?

@ Honda: Bless you! Wait, what's wrong with the storm eagle?

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay: What happened to the _xv ending of your name? :wink: Glad to see my earlier tips paid off for someone!

@ hushrong: Dude! You totally missed the finished Land Raider!

I am sorry to hear about the phone :(

Hope the ipad is up to the job... The Raptor is coming along nicely and your GS skills are pretty good. I wish I had the smarts to think of magnetising the landing gear for both of mine. Oh, as for the name change.. Being a scion of the venerable VI legion, it seemed a bit daft to have the Hated T-Son numerals as part of my user name :p 

I actually somewhat regret the new name, and if the chance comes up, may change it to something less full-on wolfy next time around.

I cannot remember if you mentioned it, but how much did you thing the tamiya down by for the canopy? I recently got some of the red and smoke, plus tamiya thinner and an empty tamiya pot, so I can make a pre--thinned mix before putting it in the airbrush

Cheers, team! 

My phone got stolen on Christmas Eve, so taking pictures will be a little difficult for me atm. I did a ton of work on the Fire Raptor ysterday, and probably today will be the day I finish it. I'll have to make do with my iPad for pictures until I get a new phone though, so bear with me.

@ hushrong: Yeah I really love the new door sculpts - they're a lot more pronounced indeed, but not too much. ALthough truth be told I liked the original Chaos Night Lords doors the best. Sadly, they're discontinued...

First and foremost that sucks about the phone. That's a real crummy deal.

As for the doors I am going to pull the trigger on a handful of the SoH ones. They came out when I decided to jump ship to the BL and I think they will be good looking. Plus with some more chains and the new idea for trophy spikes thanks to you I think I can get the right look for my vehicles.

Excited to see the fire raptor with paint on it!

Got a new phone today - sadly a 2016 model and not the 2017 - so no USB-C port or fingerprint recognition! GAH so annoying. #firstworldproblems

Anyway, picture taking is back, so here's some pics of the progress on the Fire Raptor:

All basic colours, the metal and the gold is done. 

xn9y5mo.jpg

All metal parts and the ball turrets all also have their base colours done.

B1QyKZ1.jpg

What remains is Night Lords icons, some cables and the rockets, and the flesh, skulls, and helmet trophies. Then it's on to OSL and final assembly! Oh and the base of course.

Whooooo tomorrow will definitely see this baby finished!

Replies!

@ CaptainStabby: I like your name, first of. As I haven't seen any comments from you here before (I think), I bid you welcome! Also, you're totally right on the trophy point - that's a vivid picture you painted there!

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay: Ah, well, I'd love it if you do, because those underscores are annoying as hell to spell each time ;) I never realized the XV stood for the 1kSons Legion's Roman numeral, as they weren't in upper case!

@ hushrong: That does sound gruesome - but I'm ot going to do it. I still see the icons as bas relief metal/stone icons on the doors, not as living things ;)

Glad to hear you got another phone! The bird is looking off to a gorgeous start! Definitely excited to seeing the finished product tomorrow.

Does the owner live in the same city as you or do you have time to fly it around the house making jet noises before having to hand it over?

@ hushrong: That does sound gruesome - but I'm ot going to do it. I still see the icons as bas relief metal/stone icons on the doors, not as living things :wink:

That's fair. I was thinking more like it was applied by the crew for that sweet intimidation factor. For some reason I am alright with the idea of a marine being secondborn as a fusion of man, armor, and daemon. Not so much with vehicles but I make exceptions for the heldrake and plagueburst crawler. 

Alright, gang. The Fire Raptor is almost finished. Just some streaking and rust lining to do and we're done!

Here's a taste:

eEitPSp.jpg

FBPLCUO.jpg

tKBl95A.jpg

UAM8UyX.jpg

ujtT6sO.jpg

Hol2rgh.jpg

fM8hbJY.jpg

Please excuse the crappy lighting - my new phone has a much suckier camera, and the fire raptor is actually a bit too big for my light box....

Thanks for looking and your comments :smile.: If there's anything I missed or you think shuold be done, let me know!

Replies!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers! Glad you like it. And come on, admit it, the flesh trophies look awesome :wink::tongue.:

@ rednekkboss: Thanks, buddy! Glad you like him! How's miss Charlotte? Did you finally finish her?

@ hushrong: Yeah it's cool. I just have an older model, which has no USB-C nor fingerprint recognition... and it's crap! Camera is :cusstier too. My client lives about 8000 miles away, sadly. So plenty of time to play around - plus I need to do another Land Raider, a Spartan and a Storm Eagle for him, so that gives me time too.  

@ BubblesMCGub: Thank you! Almost done...

@ Sagentus: Cheers - buy an airbrush and get a system! That's al there is to it :smile.::thumbsup:

@ Ranker: Glad you like this one too!

@ CaptainStabby: Well, welcome anyway! Also: why not all three?

@ The Traitor: Cheers! Yeah, it does, doesnt it. A sleek, mean, gunship-machine?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Looks ace.... I reckon you should have more Blood Angel helmets on there to represent them coming after Talos, time and again. You know for revenge and to get their relic sword back ;)

I'll try to take better pictures of the finished Fire Raptor when I'm less hung over. 

There's also been a start of the second Land Raider. I'm trying a new paint order where I paint all base colours that need a Agrax wash first and then wash them all at once - saving time. 

x0oS8Li.jpg

Looks lik a promising start!

Replies!

@ Nemac Vradon: Cheers, buddy! 

@ Warsmith Onyx: Thank you! And yeah, the helmets provide for some colour vairation. :smile.:

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay: Ah but Talos is from the first company, and mine are the 47th...

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers!

@ Vairocanum: No problems. I hope you like this one as much as the last :biggrin.:

@ rednekkboss: Ooooh looking forward to that!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Dam Aug you are on fire man! you have built / painted more now (in a few weeks) mor ethan i did in a whole year :blush.: Hopefully change that this year and get a lot more done ;) 

I recently tried to get all base colours done before washing the model and found it works really well and helps speed up the process some what :)