++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Hey Augustus I'm late but Happy birthday ! 

Those cakes look awesome ! Hope this year bring you a lot of joy in Nurgle name ! ;)

Dude those Great cleaver guys look ace !!!! :O

I'll wait for them.

Malchy 

Thanks, Malchy and guardian31!

I also forgot the following vehicles:

1x Contemptor Drednought, 2x Butcher Cannons, Havoc Launcher 217
1x Greater Blight Drone, Bile Maw, Blightreaper Cannon, PLague probe 200
1x Chaos Decimator Siege Engine, 2x Soulburner Petard 210

SO another 627 points for chaos! Wooooo!

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, boasting the forces of the Death Guard. I vow to Nurgle and the rest of the Chaotic Pantheon to complete the units listed below of a total value 2032 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me eternal glory and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Great Plague Cleaver, Champion with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist, Icon of Despair = 144
Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Blight Launcher, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair = 128

3x Foetid Bloat-Drone, 2x Plaguespitter, Plague Probe = 474
3x Blight Hauler = 420
2x Plague Surgeon = 130
Lord of Contagion, Plaguereaper = 130
Typhus = 175
Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Fly, Daemonic Talons, Daemonic Censer -swing (counts-as Daemonic Axe) = 180
Deathshroud Terminators (3x), Plaguespurt Gauntlet, Manreaper = 180
Noxious Blightbringer, Plasma Pistol = 65

WIP pictures will be edited into this comment as soon as I have them available. 

3x Foetid Bloat-Drone, 2x Plaguespitter, Plague Probe

Hidden Content
TKEines.jpg

JyY3I87.jpg

Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Great Plague Cleaver, Champion with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist = 144

Hidden Content

wdKCN0d.jpg

ZaPWcS4.jpg

kUb0zVo.jpg

S6kd0UL.jpg

Lx8M8iT.jpg

3x Blight Hauler = 420

Typhus = 175
Deathshroud Terminators (3x), Plaguespurt Gauntlet, Manreaper = 225

Hidden Content
lAyA958.jpg

Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Blight Launcher, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair = 146

Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Blight Launcher, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair = 146

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Fly, Daemonic Talons, Daemonic Censer -swing (counts-as Daemonic Axe) = 180

2x Plague Surgeon = 130
Lord of Contagion, Plaguereaper = 150
Noxious Blightbringer, Plasma Pistol = 70

Hidden Content

There's some other shenanigans in the picture, but those aren't part of my vow.fc56yjL.jpg

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Aaaaand finished the first Foetid Bloat Drone!

J6l6OKt.jpg

Z0oJ4Xz.jpg

Hey, it's Labour Day. I laboured. Now I'm off to a rally. Cheerio!

Reply:

@ rodofish:7591: thank you buddy! Some dremel and knife work will make any sword into a plague sword, easily!

So in the time it's taken me to halfway paint one Iron Warriors legionary, you've painted and based an entire Bloat Drone? Now I think I know what transhuman dread feels like :P

Thanks, guys!

After an intense Labour Day, I managed to squeeze in some time to do work on the first Plague Marine squad in my vow, the Axe-wielding CC guys. I did the Zandri Dust basecoat and Sepia wash last night (along with the drone) and the first Zandri Dust drybrush and subsequent wash of Agrax this morning. Tonight, I finished off the recipe by drybrushing Palld Wych Flesh and another Agrax wash, together with the basecoat of Castellan Green on the pads. Here's what it looks like now:

RUXw3nE.jpg

Onwards to victory!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Dragonlover: haha yeah, the ETL always awakens something in me that makes me go in overdrive. About the red details: I like it too! I was a bit hesitant at first because I don't want things to look too Christmasy, but I think this is just the right amount. :tu:

@ DuskRaider: Cheers! Yeah that's an idea I copied from my buddy Dean (who once had an Imperial Fist Librarian named after him), who's also doing a Death Guard army - only slightly yellower (I like your scheme better as it has the extra Pallid Wych Flesh element, which makes them paler)?

@ BubblesMcGub: Thanks and yes, this figure scared me too. Mind you, I only have 105 poxwalkers and 20 PMs done of that 7K, so I have yet to paint about 6400 points. I hope to make a dent in that in the coming three months.

@ Viridia: I guess? I'm quick, I know... :ermm:

@ Mechanist: It is! The three washes and two drybrushes really is slowing me down! Washes take at least an hour to dry properly enough for a drybrush, and drybrushing is slow! It takes me hours and hourse to get the base colours on a miniature, instead of twenty minutes like with the Imperial Fists. 

@ hushrong: The metal is done by Painting Typhus Corrosion on the white basecoat, then stipling on some Ryza Rust, then drybrushing everything with Leadbelcher. :tu:

First off Happy Birthday! I missed some post while out in the country this weekend!

Thanks for the recipe for the metal. It’s really tempting to do for some warped metal. The new Death Guard are looking good already too. Keep on trucking!

Dude!  Great progress already, i havent even managed to put together my pledge list and you have already made such progress!

The bloat drones look spot on, textured nurgly goodness.

Suggestion for future prominent eye lense things, maybe make they weep ooze ??  no idea how to pull that off though >_<  

That Blight Drone is looking excellent, buddy! I cannot help wondering whether the fly emblem would look better in bronze/brass, though. While the red is great in and of itself, the emblem and the eye lens seem to be fighting for the viewer's attention, and I think the lens should always be the more important focus point.

On a related note, that looks like quite a ToDo list for the ETL. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya ;)

Men you work sooo fast I really envy you for that !

The fact that you're working on the great cleavers guys make me drool in anticipation. :)

Best of luck for your vows that's quite a chalenge !

Malchy

The Bloat Drone got me all excited for those DI drone kits. In total, I have four of them - three from entire DI Nurgle sets, and one that I bought separately. I don't want them to all be the same, though, so I decided I'm going to convert them! The easiest is of course to change around, turn, and clip and cut the rotors a bit, and maybe angle the drones slightly on their base, but I needed to do something about those fly emblems as well. 

Enter my dremel tool, the Citadel Skull set and my limited GreenStuff/Milliput skills.

Here's what I've done so far:

I drilled three holes and fit the three different Plaguebearer skulls from the CItadel Skull set in there, and put some putty borders around them to make a Nurgle symbol...  this is all obviously inspired by the PBC dozer blade decoration. I also made a vision slit instead of a lense. 

935cPu9.jpg

The other one was more of a 'what to do now?" kind of thing, so I decided to try and make a Death Guard symbol using the giant skull from the Citadel Skull Kit. Damn that was hard. The other thing I did was accidentally chop off one of the three spikes in the top spike rack. In frustration, I cut off the other two as well, which I kind of immediately regretted. Then I had an idea that was pretty much born out of desperation, but which turned out pretty ok: just a banged up, rusted old mohawk-blade-like thing. I quite like it!

MrQ18vi.jpg

Lemme know what you think, and if you have any toher ideas on how to individualize the standard drone kits! I have one to spare still, and was thinking that, instead of the standard Plague Spitters, I could use the Talos Pain Engine's mechanical tentacles as a kind of weapon that counts-as the lawnmower weapon-thingy that a Drone can also be equiped with. Idea? :D

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Biohazard: haha I uess so? I like that expression. And thanks for the B-Day wishes!

@ hushrong: Thanks and no worries! Also, no problem on the recipe-sharing - that's what this forum is about. Cheers!

@ wilks_: Dude! It's you! I didn't even know! I thoroughly enjoyed hobbying with you the other day. Let's do it again sometime soon!

@ KrautScientist: Argh, here you go with your great advice and suggestions again. I knew I was in trouble with the red fly when I started sculpting these toher things - because how on earth to do a Death Guard or Nurgle Symbol in red? Impossible So I already settled on bronze/brass for those, but what to do with the fly? I guess repaint it in KrautSCientist's suggested colours.... sigh. ;) About my ETL list: you know there's four more vows coming, don't you? :D

@ Malcharion: Thanks, I guess? I can't help it - when the fires are burning, I gotta go! I'll work some more on the cleavers tomorrow - I promise!

Nice work on the drones! You've definitely made each of that same kit unique.

I really like the haloed skull on that last one. I really think that would look cool on future vehicles for your DG. FW legion doors be damned!

@ KrautScientist: Argh, here you go with your great advice and suggestions again. I knew I was in trouble with the red fly when I started sculpting these toher things - because how on earth to do a Death Guard or Nurgle Symbol in red? Impossible So I already settled on bronze/brass for those, but what to do with the fly? I guess repaint it in KrautSCientist's suggested colours.... sigh. :wink: About my ETL list: you know there's four more vows coming, don't you? :biggrin.:

Well, what can I say -- I am always happy to serve as the niggling voice in the back of your head, buddy ;)

I think you're doing an excellent job with the customisation of the Blight Drones! The concept with the three Plaguebearer skulls is especially awesome, and something I haven't seen before! If I can make one suggestion, however: I think the round shapes underneath the skulls don't quite work yet -- it's obvious what you were trying to do there, but the setup somehow seems unfinished, for lack of a better word -- maybe you could keep the round shapes, yet blend them into the surface of the carapace in places? Or connect them with strands of mucus/disgusting organic tissue? That way, you'd keep the shapes you were going for while also blending them into the model a bit better.

Anyway, always excited to see what you come up with next! :)