++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

I think I finished the drones, although KrautScientist again gave a nice suggestion, which isn't too much work and which I might try to implement. 

In any case, here's pictures of the two seperate drones. 

Number one, dubbed "Plaguebearer Mary". Don't ask me why. 
Please note that Mary doesn't have a tentacle for a tail, but a bell on a chain. It's to call upon the other two when it's dinner time. :thumbsup:

Y10YYlZ.jpg

vxKCzCq.jpg

And number two, dubbed "Death Guard Harry". Because it rhymes with 'Mary'.

Mf86ktV.jpg

NdbpKSq.jpg

And here's a picture of all three drones! A lovely trio, wouldn't you agree? BTW a keen eye will spot that all three drones have their rotors in different positions, indicating their direction  -and no three have the same rotors in the same place, and no rotor is the same thanks to some heavy cutting of the trophy racks surrounding them. It's details like this that make for uniqueness among stock miniatures. :biggrin.:

q0kG5Yq.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Sagentus: Thanks, buddy! I can't wait to paint them either! I might even paint them before I continue with the Plague Marines. 

@ Vairocanum: Cheers, mate! These miniatures are a bloat blast to paint, I can tell you :smile.:

@ hushrong: That haloed skull is the Death Guard legion symbol! I did order some Legion and Nurgle rhino doors, though... for Rhinos and a Land Raider...

@ guardian31: Cool, glad you like it - that thing reminds me of a mohawk for sure :wink:

BubblesMcGub: Cheerio, buddy! Hope to play against your IW very soon!

@ KrautSCientist: That's actually not a bad idea - not that I'd expect anything less from you - and I will give that a try - should be easy enough to sculpt. Although - what do you think of the rings now that I've all given them five rivets? (spoiler alert - next are three EZTB Myphitic Blight Haulers that I'l give the same treatments...)

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

The Drones are looking fantastic, buddy! :)

@ KrautSCientist: That's actually not a bad idea - not that I'd expect anything less from you - and I will give that a try - should be easy enough to sculpt. Although - what do you think of the rings now that I've all given them five rivets? (spoiler alert - next are three EZTB Myphitic Blight Haulers that I'l give the same treatments...)

Hmm, I think I'd still go for it. The circle shapes are pretty far apart, so there's quite a bit of leeway to experiment without obscuring the general shape. The longer I think of it, the more I like the idea of strands of...some vile substance connecting the three circles. Of course something as prosaic as simple chains would work as well ;)

Number one, dubbed "Plaguebearer Mary". Don't ask me why. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon Perhaps?

Loving the drones and great job getting three identical models to look great together you'd hardly tell that they all started as a single mono pose. even the elements that are the same help more to unify them as a unit than stand out as converted copies (crown of horns). the only little thing I would look at is the one of the lefts Mowhawk I fell that together it's odd to have two the same and one different, the custom one looks so good it would be nice to see something different again.

Second Foetid Bloat Drone done! I started with the Legion Symbol guy.

Here's pictures:

h8iuljv.jpg

E29DqTK.jpg

I hope you like! I sure enjoyed painting it!

About the Paguebearer drone: I followed KrautScientists suggestion to link the three Plaguebearer skulls in some fashion - and chose an easy brain-like matter. This also gave me the idea of doing something similar for the Myphitic Blight Haulers, but then with the brain material potruding out of burst carapace.... :smile.:
Cheers!

Relies

@ KrautScientist: Thanks for the excellent and inspiring ideas - how do you like the end result?

@ robotfish7591: Well, the idea of the brain bursting out of it's shell comes to mind... :biggrin.:

@ hushrong: I dunno man, my scultping skulls cannot hope to match those of actual professionals from FW... But I mightgie the hull itself a go :thumbsup:

@ Biohazard: Cheers! The rivets sure help to convey the ffect of a metal ring, dont they?

@ DuskRaider: Thanks! That sure was the intent - I really am starting to enjoy painting my Death Guard now - I should have mixed in some vehicles far earlier...

@ Chazzmos: That's key to any conversion idea: just do it. With the right tools - a hobby saw and sharp blades (and having new ones at the ready) are essential, too!

@ Mechanist: Not sure what you mean there Re: the Mohawk, buddy! Care to explain? I'd love to have your input! :thumbsup::smile.:

@ rednekkboss: Cheers, buddy! How do you like my flesh recipe - it sure is less involved as your fabulous flesh recipe, but do you think it gets the job done?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ KrautScientist: Thanks for the excellent and inspiring ideas - how do you like the end result?

Uhh, I am only seeing pictures of the Drone with the 30k style legion badge...?!

That being said, the second painted drone is looking fantastic, and that cobbled-together legion icon actually looks like a stock bit. Brilliant work, buddy! :)

Sorry guys, I wrote my post in an awkward order. I meant to say I have followed Kraut's advice on the plaguebearer head and have started it, but I already finished the Legion Symbol and here it is. I editted the post to reflect this. :)

@ Krauty: thanks for the comment! Glad you like it!

@ Robotfish 7591: Cheers! 

Flesh looks great! A bit more healthy than my usual, but that's fine when you make the pustules look all swollen and painful like yours.  I'm sure you've answered this already, but where did you get the micro beads? I could probably use some of those.

See, I dread starting my tanks. That and after playing a bunch of games I have trouble finding the room for them in my lists. Death Guard field very well without using tanks.

Aaan here's finally the third drone with the Plague Bearers - I started him simultaneously with the other one, but got carried away with the Legion symbol one. So iI finished this one early this morning. Couldn't et it out of my head and just started painting!

h6T0kUr.jpg

u354oTw.jpg

ReuuFPr.jpg

I hope you like him!!

Replies!

@ rednekkboss: Thanks re: the flesh, and I'll PM you an eBay link to the pustules!

@ wilks_:  Cheers, buddy! We should hang out when you get back from Krautland :)

@ DuskRaider: WHy? Tanks are awesome. Just get a larger drybrush :) Also: I'm interested in your lists. Maybe we can discuss some?

@ Kizzdougs: Thats the intent, so glad you see it!

That one look cool too ! The vision system work nicely dude !

The symbole too but I think the use of green for the skulls blend them too much and they don't stand out. Maybe painting the skull in a usual skull thone or maybe brass with oxydation could do the trick :)

Idk if it's my phone, but I find it hard to differentiate the skulls from the hull; I'd consider highlighting the Plaguebearer heads with more white or even do them all bronze.

It's not just you. I'm on a computer and the two kind of blend together.

I agree with the other guys regarding the Plaguebearer skulls -- just highlight them with a lighter bone colour, however, and you should be fine.

Apart from that, the third Done is looking fantastic as well! That eyeslit is particularly lovely! I also love how you've been flexing your conversion muscle with these, so to speak. Excellent work, buddy! :)