++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Great Job as usual dude ! The Tank is looking good so far ! The conversion job os really cool and I love the tantacules additions ;)

Have fun for the rest of it ! :)

Malchy

The tank is done! Hurray!

yroOCGn.jpg

dMVH7K1.jpg

ixuhNdj.jpg

b7eTGWf.jpg

BSLyyWF.jpg

PXop0na.jpg

xJvbdFX.jpg

qcu03Jc.jpg

KR4rMLR.jpg

3gtoEAu.jpg

7Rxh7o1.jpg

I hope you like them! I have also today started the five Blightlord Terminators that are part of my current vow (while starting them, my order of magnets arrived!), and constructed 30 Plaguebearers for my next vow...

Hope you like!

Cheers, and...

Replies!

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Wow, your sausage fingers mucked your comment up good - what the hell is a "gmsuggesriin "?? I always appreciate insights and feedback from everyone. Just because you don't have or aren't proficient in a particular skill doesn't mean you can't comment on someone else practicing it. :thumbsup:

@ Quixus: Thanks for the fix :wink:

@ hushrong: No worries! I left off the markers in the end, figuring it would just clutter up the surface.... I hope you like your Deathshroud's ride :smile.:

@ robofish7591: Cheers, it was great fun combining them! Also, what happened to the other 7590 robofish?

@ rednekkboss: Thank you for the compliment, and thanks for the inspiration!

@ malcharion: He's finished and it was a lo of fun painting it!

Dude it is awesome! I love that you model it so that ramp opens and you can just see darkness inside. In there is where any hope of surviving a conflict against the Death Guard.

Paint job is fantastic as always, looks great, beaten, and gritty! Those markings weren't necessary at all by the way. Seeing the growths, buboes, and trophies painted really added depth!

Unbelievable. That looks so immense. I love it, I feel like I'm looking into one of the cases at the Warhammer World Museum. I know you have poured some money into this but it is a work of art man, really, really fantastic. What a labour of love. I see you picked out that really nice design on the door with green, really makes that skull pop. Its such a pleasure to look through those photos, nothing is too much! The Tank is is a like a book of short stories, all these little surprises all over it.  I even like the colours of the general scattering of buboes, they look really angry and ready to burst. Man... the only bad thing about this tank is the standard it sets for the rest of your army! Fortunately your work is reliably wicked... I would be afraid if I made something this good though that I'd peaked.

Also, yeah... "gmsuggesriin". I cant read your comment without laughing... I nearly went to fix it with an edit, but that is such a painfully terrible typo... I mean can you call it a typo when its that bad? It deserves to exist. I think I was going for the word suggestion.  yeah a combination of rushing a text, having low brightness on my phone to save power and doing it in daylight, provides endless amusement for my friends when I send. Maybe I'll start using Gmsuggesriin as a word to to describe great things...

... and just in case I didnt make my point... cool tank.

@ robofish7591: Cheers, it was great fun combining them! Also, what happened to the other 7590 robofish?

They are probably off starting projects without finishing them... just like this one :whistling:

Anyway, the finished tank looks absolutely amazing.  I love how much detail there is without it looking busy.

This looks fantastic. You’ve reaped the rewards for all that detail. I really like the purple you’ve used. I was just thinking yesterday how you don’t see much purple on Nurgle stuff anymore. Even the relatively plain cylinder holding the lascannons is looking nicely corroded.

Yes I meant vision slit, figured it would be finished before I replied. Your a machine.

Its absolutely gorgeous. Great pallet of colors.  Only one very minor nit I might pick would be to emphasise some rust staining on all those  dents, etc.Maybe not all (because it could get too busy) but some.  And that's a minor, minor nit pick.  Really, its a stunning model.

running%2Brust.jpg

AND  I definitely may loot the purple on the lascannon thing. Very cool

Edited by rednekkboss

The Land Raider's looking fantastic, buddy! I wasn't to excited about the WIP shots, frankly, because it just looked like another metal bawks to me, but you have really nailed the paintjob! Extra kudos for selling me on those corpses as well -- I don't really like the bitz, but your paintjob really makes them fit the overall look of the model.

The one thing I am not entirely sure about are those huge green circles (lenses?!) towards the back of the model, mostly because they're ...just there, if that makes any sense. I think they'd look much better if you were to add some cracks on the surface (like the cracked tank on that plague spewer guy from GW). But anyway, a towering achievement! :)

The one thing I am not entirely sure about are those huge green circles (lenses?!) towards the back of the model, mostly because they're ...just there, if that makes any sense. I think they'd look much better if you were to add some cracks on the surface 

YES!... Thinking back now, as I scanned over the tank, I remember looking at these port hole things and it crossed my mind they looked a little... out of place, then I just got carried away examining the awesome blending.  I think its because it looks like there is nothing "wrong" with them that they seem odd. I think what popped into my mind but I dont know how hard it would be was it would be great if you could see something floating inside, like the suggestion of a body or something.  Krautscientists idea with the cracks though seems a lot easier and would achieve the same sort of goal. if you did the cracks near the bottom maybe you could paint some of the fluorescent fluid leaking onto the rim?

Oh wow Augustus. I haven’t been in the WIP section much the last few weeks, and in that time frame, you’ve built, customized and painted to competition an entire raider! If someone misses my Angels blog for a month, well, they’re not missing much hahaha

So having gone through the whole process in the last 15 mins, that is one stellar raider. I’m very relieved you didn’t get carried away with the tentacles and such. There are a lot of vehicles out there that are great, but just way too cluttered. Great job balancing it.

I do have to echo Kraut and Pandora. What are those lense/ containers? They look fantastic! But a little out of place

Wow, thanks a bunch for the awesome comments and the useful and constructive feedback guys! I like that you like the tank, and have worked on it a bit thanks to your input. More on that later this post, though, as I want to show you the second and final unit of my second ETLVI vow, the Blightlord Terminators!

I didn't really like the standard heads for the chainmail guy and the fly guy, so I swapped those around with a sandpapered-down helmet from the Plague Marine kit, and with the helmet from the DA Lord of Contagion.

Also, I know how the blightlord termies are all designed to be characters in their own right, but I'm looking for a more unified look. To achieve this, I swapped all their arms and Cataphractii shoulder pads around, and, more importantly, magnetized all their arms. As such, I can swap any arm with any other arm, and potentially equip them with swords in teh future, should I see a need for that.

More importantly, magnets allowed me to make their combi bolters interchangeable. As you can see in the picture, all of them have combi-plasma's. I used the Calth combi-plazma parts from Shapeways. However, I'm also inclined to just give them combibolters, as I think the Blightlords are most adapt at herd-control. They have a very decent damage output, but for their points, there's more efficient means available to the Death Guard to take out high-wound units. As such, I envision them shooting and then tar-pitting entire units with combibolters and axes. 

Anyway, here's pictures.

TI8NAsI.jpg

God, I love magnets. Of course, when doing herd-control, the weapon of choice remains the Flail of Corruption.

VYTNiia.jpg

Oh, and regarding your comments on the green 'lenses' on the Land Raider - I agree it's unclear what they're doing there - or even what they are. Thy're designed to be vents, but I don't understand why Maarten (the designer) chose the dome like top. I used it to created a gory-plasma-like substance and I agree with you all it needed more detail. So I added cracks. What do you think? 

IG1LRsz.jpg

I hope you like both! Comments and Critique most welcome. :tu:

Cheers!

Replies:

@ hushrong: Thanks! But, erm... the hope is in there? Or does any hope end in there? ;) 

@ guardian31: Thank you so much!

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Wow, that is  very, very high praise! You make me blush, Sir! The word gmuggesriin is now in the dictionary. 

Gmuggesriin (adject.) A great thing, something with great value. Ex.: Thierry's new car has a ~ colour, don't you think? 

@ robotfish7591: That';s what I was going for. Now you go and finish a project! ;)

@ DuskRaider: Eh, 30 plaguebearers with your flesh recipe will take me a day, tops!

@ Krakendoomcool: Yeah, I figured since most of the bruised, fleshy areas on the tank and the fleshy parts of the corpses have a purple hue, I should use it someplace else as well. Also, all standard energy weapons should have different colours of energy. So Green for Plasma, Purple for Lasers, Blue for Lamps, and Red for lenses. 

@ Brother Chaplain Kage: Thanks, mate! I appreciate it!

@ rednekkboss: Aww but I did do those! They're just a bit thin, and since the pics are made from a relatively large distance, I guess you can't see them all that well.

@ Maarten: Me too, buddy! AND THANK YOU FOR IT!

@ KrautScientist: Thanks! How about the things now?

@ The Traitor: I plan on playing it, for craps and giggles, but I'm thinking maybe the Land Raider will get a points decrease sometime in the near future and then it'll be worth taking to a semi-competitive level.

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: I agree with you and Krauty, but 'something flowing inside' is taking it a bit too far. That is plasma energy inside. Nothing survives in there. Not even Nurgle's creatures.

@ Greenz: Well welcome back, buddy! Glad to see you return and liking the 'Raider! 

Hey man, your new termies look wicked. Also, well done for magnetising them, most of my Grey knights have their options magnetised too. Some times I wonder if its worth the effort! Are those 3mm magnets? I wondered if you'd have any issues with the weapon arms drooping with only one point of contact, but I guess they are quite short and there is a lot of surface contact from the rest of the plastic for friction. I found with some of my Grey Knights, most notably the Banner Bearer, because the magnet is in the wrist it is only 2mm and because the banner is so huge and top heavy it tends to fall one way or another.

Those cracks in the fuel cells definitely help to break up the surface and make it a lot more... well... worn I guess, and Nurgle appropriate.  I didn't realise they contained plasma, I assumed it was some sort of radioactive, or corrosive goop. I definitely wouldn't have suggested floating bodies or even leaky bits if I had XD. Seriously though, I know I gushed a bit over your paint work but it is great, my paint work is something I need to improve, so seeing finished pieces by the likes of yourself and the other adept painters really is spurring me on to improve.  Very cool stuff.

Beautiful work, the pink on the lascannons is a really nice choice to set against the cream of the main hull. The vents look much better with the cracks, really smooth blending there.

Oh, and regarding your comments on the green 'lenses' on the Land Raider - I agree it's unclear what they're doing there - or even what they are. Thy're designed to be vents, but I don't understand why Maarten (the designer) chose the dome like top. I used it to created a gory-plasma-like substance and I agree with you all it needed more detail. So I added cracks. What do you think? 

@ Maarten: Me too, buddy! AND THANK YOU FOR IT!

99590105331_DkkMarsAlphaPatternLemanRuss

They are intake filters you silly goose.

And you're very welcome, couldn't get better free advertising than you showcasing it with such an awesome build.

Ahh yes, welcome to the "joy" of working on Blightlords. Great detail but each is so specific it's infuriating. When I first saw them I thought Fly Dude was cool because he was some sort of alternate build... yeah, nope. That annoyed me and has prevented me from buying more (other than the ETB kit). I also see they pilfered armour from the VIIIth. That'll teach those bat eared creeps :tongue.:

The cracks on the intake filters are working.

Those blightlords look good. There seems to be a lot of monopose going on in the Deathguard range. Not just the dark imperium guys. It poses an unusual problem for the converter.

I like your different coloured energies idea.

They do look a lot better with the cracks now, almost like it's containing tanks of something suitably liquidy and Nurgle-ly. Loving just how OTT the tank is now, it suits the DG to a tee!

The cracks are a perfect addition, buddy! While it's still not totally obvious what that part actually does, the presence of vial fluid seems suitably Nurglite to just explain its presence -- maybe a careful application of Nurgle's Rot/gloss varnish in some of the cracks and below them could be used to suggest some leakage taking place?

I applaud you for making the Blightlord Terminators more versatile! They are still plenty Nurgly, even without some of the more outrageous weapons ;) One suggestion, because it' something I'll do with my own Blightlord Terminators, if I ever build any: On the fly guy, I'd maybe get rid of the right fly arm, keeping just the one held to the belly. I think that would make the whole thing look a bit more like a mutation and less like an action figure gimick (I've actually thought about adding some "strands" of stringy glue to the left fly arm, to make it look fused to the carapace, and only half-formed, if you know what I mean -- just throwing around ideas here ;) ).

Cheers, guys,

I got bored a bit from painting, so I decided to start working on the builds of my third ETLVI vow.

As I might have mentioned before, I got three sets of DI Death Guard. That's three times all those characters - no-one needs three Lords of Contagion. So I decided that one of them would be an addition to the Blightlord Terminators in the unlikely event tat I'll ever want to field six at the same time. I'll probably enter him in my nest vow as a Chaos Lord in Terminator armour. As distinct looking as he is, and it being the miniature of a proper Chaos Lord, I'm sure that's not against the sirit of the ETL

So here's a Chaos Lord in Terminator plate with a Balesword and a combiplasma. 

I had reat fun converting this guy! I wanted to do without the cloak on his back. I used the spare engine-and-shoulder-pads part that was left over from the Deathsroud Terminators frater hushrong so generously donated. There remained a huge gap, which I build up in layers of putty to mimick a huge cackerous growth of some kind - after which I stuck in a new addition to my tool-box: guitar string! His weapon arms contain a combiplasma, the arm of which I ordered as an extra from a bits site, and a balesword I had to spare from the Blightlord kit. The head is a shaved down MkIII helmet from the Plague Marine kit. Of coure, there will be generous amounts of buboes added later :)

AgA5WPMg.jpg

5JlFZkO.jpg

What do you think?

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: It is most definitely worth the effort - if only because the effort is fun! Those are 3mmx2mm Neodymium magnets with a strength of N48 - they'l hold about 300 grams, so I am not worried in the slightest that they will droop. Your construction of a top heavy banner being held by a 2mm magnet sounds super flimsy - better fix that! I'm glad you're inspired by the stuff I post! Thanks for telling me!

@ Pearson73: Thank you! Yah the purple was a spur of the moment choice, and I am glad it worked out so well. :smile.:

@ Maarten: Ooooooh is that what those are!!! Argh. Now I'll have to redo them again! :wink:

@ DuskRaider: Haha yeah, I can understand your pain. I'm just ging to go at them with the same techniques and keep it simple with them. And shut your mouth about my former Night Lords!!  :furious:  :wink:

@ Krakendoomcool: I see that 'problem' as an extra challenge. When I saw the DI Death Gaurd miniatures and the new Plague Marine kit, I thought to myself: "I'm not going to let GW dictate how I build my Space Marines! I never have and I never will." I think it's pretty awesome what you can still achieve with them, only using a hobby saw, some putty and some basic modeling skills.  

@ Viridia: Haha OTT is kinda what I was going for, lol. Cheers!!

@ KrautScientist: YES! They survived KrautScientist's scrutiny! :smile.: I agree with you that it's still unclear what it does from how they looks, even with the explanation Maarten gave, above. I know he just kind of copied that design from FW, who copied it from real-world air filters, it's just a weird design a priori. Stil, I might just go back and just make them look all rusted up. I'm sorry to say I'm not going to do anything with the fly guy's arms, as I really like those details - admittedly, initially I thought they were genestealer arms!! Also, while you shy away from what you call 'action figure gimick/Masters of te Universe - you also know that we differ quite a bit on that front. And these are my mini's so I HAVE THE POWER!!!! :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Your Nurgle Chaos Lord looks great. Changing the facing has completely changed the model. I've got two sets of DI Death Guard so glad to see another option for him. His back looks brilliant. Guitar string still has it's uses even if you have a tentacle maker.

My reaction to the Deathguard coming out last summer was 'They look great. But what do I do with them? My army is going to be exactly as cool as my 8 year old nephews.' Especially with the heavily keyed and monopose parts. So it's great to see the conversions of these guys. They don't have to be the same. I've always converted before but something about these guys made me hesitate. Maybe it's also the super high detail, complexity and individuality made it difficult for me to get my head around making improvements.

I will testify to that fly arm looking like a genestealer arm as someone who put an actual genestealer arm on my WFB chaos knight over 20 years ago.