++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

This Lord look super cool, i absolutely love his back. I have done a possessed im waitong for Krakendoomcool to paint, which is to date my only nurgle conversion. I did his backpack being absorbed into his flesh but really like how this lords fat, inflamed flesh is engulfing his own power supply. Im trying to find something to give constructive feedback on (i often dont feel confident enough to give it but alway long for it on my own thread!), but appart from the fact you havent finished the details i cant really see anything i would try and improve on this guy. I quite like his round, hunched silhouette but i suppose id tpu wanred to break it up a little bit you could have a couple of thos broken boney potrusions tearing through the top of that flesh mass? I dont know. There are so many nurgle aesthetics you could go for! Fat, torn, hollow, mutated, horned... Its so subjective! Anyway, it's great man.

Also, while you shy away from what you call 'action figure gimick/Masters of te Universe - you also know that we differ quite a bit on that front. And these are my mini's so I HAVE THE POWER!!!! :wink:

Oh, don't get me wrong: I love MotU as much as the next childish manbaby -- it's just that there's always and underlying current of silliness in many of 40k's concepts and designs, and it bubbles over in some of the models, occasionally, and then needs to be pruned back a bit ;) I wasn't arguing in favour of losing the insect arms completely, mind you -- I just think the right one looks weird (and not the good kind of weird), and getting rid of it would, in a way, actually make the model look more chaotic and disturbing -- just my two cents, though ;)

The fat guy is looking fantastic! I remember hating the process of converting that same base model, and taking ages for coming up with something I liked, so it's good to hear your experience was different. The overgrown cancerous growths on his back work really well (I imagine it's not often somebody says that about tumors, but here we are). How about some kind of bony spore chimney jutting out of the back on one side? I think that might look cool.

As always, keep up the amazing work, buddy! :)

The Terminator Lord looks fantastic! Nice reuse of the LoC's body and extra bits left over from other kits.

The tumor on his back is appropriately nasty looking. I can just envision pus leaking from it down the back of his armor legs. Any chance we will see a small tentacle or tow growing out of that? 

Cheers, guys!

I finished the Terminators! Hurray!

Here's pictures:
nyMdWlr.jpg

And individual guys:

ZtrfbL2.jpg

mZTJOS4.jpg

HMhRfBT.jpg

eq8lHtY.jpg

NQSqQCa.jpg

And here's another picture of the entire squad. Notice anything different? :D

2bTq8OI.jpg

"What?" I hear you say "They suddenly have different weapons in that last picture!" And my answer would be something along the lengths of: "Indeed! It's due to something similar to magic, namely magnets!"

You see, the Blightlord can be used in an anty-armour/monster role with the combiplasmas, but also in an anti-infantry role - with combibolters...
pKf64qj.jpg

...a Blight Launcher, and of course a Flail of Corruption!

kuhRse4.jpg

And that's vow #2 done! Wooooooo

I hope you like them. Feedback most welcome. Cheers!

Replies:

@ Krakendoomcool: I know right? The tentacle user has its uses for sure, but guitar string is SO much easier to use. Wow. I really encourage you to chop away at the Death Guard, btw. Being Nurglite, they're very forgiving when it comes to mistakes. :tu:

@ gianlucafiorentini123: Cheers, buddy! He'll be in Vow #3 and he'll be finished tonight for sure!

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: I really like your ideas, buddy. Thanks for commenting as always - I really appreciate it. And please don;t be shy - I might be more experienced than you (or not, I don't know!) but I don't have your brain and I am sure there's ideas in there that I haven't heard or had. So please, please share whatever comes up. :) Thank you!

@ Kizzdougs: Thanks, Kizz! I like that you're back to Emperor's Children again. 

@ Charlo: Haha Pustulent Perfection. Sounds like a bad Marvel Superhero

@ KrautScientist: I'll add that idea to the pool and add it to Krakendoomcool's and Pandoras Bitz Box ideas for the next one!

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Eh, the tracks might have come out a bit brighter due to the extra contrast I've put on the picture. :)

@ hushrong: Argh, the tentacle idea is so cool too. I HAVE to do another one, now. 

Third vow here.

VOW #3

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, boasting the forces of the Death Guard. I vow to Nurgle and the rest of the Chaotic Pantheon to complete the units listed below for a total value 833 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me eternal glory and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Plague Bearers (15x), Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos - 130

Plague Bearers (15x), Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos - 130

Nurgling Bases (9) - 162

Malginant Plague Caster - 110

Typhus - 175

Chaos Lord of Nurgle in Terminator Armour with Balesword and Combiplasma - 126

Plague Bearers:

Hidden Content

Qszwscu.jpg

Nurglings:

Hidden Content
6HZIeWO.jpg

Malignant Plaguecaster:

Hidden Content
r7IomOi.jpg

Typhus:

Hidden Content
9tgEtFt.jpg

Chaos Lord of Nurgle:

Hidden Content
AgA5WPM.jpg
Edited by Augustus b'Raass

This is nurgle done right, haven't seen a DG force this good since Guitarasmus' old army. Not much else to add, expect that I really like the mix of green shades on the terminators and the relatively "clean" style. It makes them seem more like an organised force, as opposed to vomit-zombies in armor:)

Thanks, you two! 

I also finished the Chaos Lord of Nurgle:

2pUb5vY.jpg

Hope you like!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: Thanks, buddy :) And yeah I can see how they look a bit black - almost!

@ ElDuderino: Wow, thanks! I like how you identify the style as 'clean'. :)

Termies looking great. Echoing ElDudes thoughts. Making an assumption here that you are a very organised guy. That’s how you are so efficient right? I also think it comes across in the mini’s, even the Deathguard. They look pro!

More specifically those are well thought out magnetisations for the two roles, very organised. Fantastic idea.

Lord looks wicked. The shoulder pad with the teeth is a great choice.

Also it looks like your doing the original Typhus too. ?

Hey there, Augustus, I gotta say, you are a true wizard! I'm so in love with your painting! Thanks so much for sharing, you're and have been a great source of inspiration to me!

There are also a lot of great tips in here (I personally came for your take on the storm eagle gunship - as Dragonlover gave me a pointer). Maybe you could link the eagle project on the first page as well, as it is a challenging kit many people struggle with.

Typhus 1.0 done!

3RZdTx2.jpg

Cheers. I admit this guy was purely done for the ETL points, so he's just here as filler. Perhaps when he turns out to be better at hiding than Typhus 2.0, I might use him in a game, lol. 

Replies:

@ Atia: Thanks, Atia! Yeah, it's going pretty fast - a bit more than 4000 points done at this point.

@ Krakendoomcool: Haha I can be very organized. I can also be super chaotic. My mind, for example, looks nothing like my work bench. 

@ Biohazard: Err.... you might have missed something there, buddy. The LoC conversion has paint on it, and I posted it literally three comments above the one where you mentioned you are looking forward to seeing paint on him. :D

@ Brother Peidias: Thank you! The tracsk look cool eh?

@ Iron Skull Mask: Thanks, buddy! I'm so glad you took some inspiration. Again, I'm more than happy to give you some pointers on the Storm Eagle build if you want. PM me anytime and we'll see :) I posted the 'tut' in the OP as you suggested :)

Replies:

@ Biohazard: Err.... you might have missed something there, buddy. The LoC conversion has paint on it, and I posted it literally three comments above the one where you mentioned you are looking forward to seeing paint on him. :D

:)

That's because paint so damn quick we can't keep up!

I spotted the Raider was done and you'd had some termies on the go, and here they are done!! I'm amazed at how fast you can churn out the high quality work! I think my own DG take longer to do than my EC!! So I'm impressed!!

I really like the LoC conversion! Great how you manage to spice up mono pose kits!!

Malignant Plaguecaster done. 

Initially both those pieces of cape (?) and his hood were painted red, but coupled with his mouth belly + intestines, that became a bit too much. So from now on, Sorcerers in the army have green cloth. Elites have red, and regular guys have black. That's now a rule. ;)

ADMCfgS.jpg

vgb3kCx.jpg

Hope you like! 

I'm also a LOOONG  way with the Plaguebearers and the Nurglings. I wanted to do them all at the same time, conveyer belt style, but it just became too much. So after wahses and drybrushing, I just focussed on the Plaguebearers. They only have their eyes, nails, teeth, and bases to do, while the Nurglings have horns, eyes, teeth, and bases to go...

Anyway, thanks for looking! This has been one productive weekend!

Cheers

Replies!

@ FearPeteySodes: Haha thanks, buddy! I'm glad you're keeping track and actively following!

@ Lord Commander Eidolon: Cheers, mate. I'm glad you like my work!

Huff huff huff....

Vow #3 finished.

I made this vow about 30 hours ago. I slept about 8 hours, had a friend ove rfor coffee for about two hours, and made dinner for the GF (who slept all day due to night shifts at the hospital and had to leave at 8pm). So that's 16 hours of painting for 42 infantry miniatures. I just painted all base paints (that consist of base paints, tons of washes, and a couple drybrushes) at the same time, but did the details per unit type. The characters got finished in order yesterday night and today, and tonight, I finished the Nurglings and the Plaguebearers tonight! 

Proof:

Nurglings:
wmua1wn.jpg

Plaguebearer squad 1:

FzTFhl3.jpg

Plaguebearer squad 2:

7wlJMw0.jpg

And proof that I really did 30 different Plaguebearers:
nhIWtjy.jpg

And for clarity, the rest of the units in the vow:
Typhus 1.0

Hidden Content
3RZdTx2.jpg

Malignant Plaguecaster:

Hidden Content
vgb3kCx.jpg

Chaos Lord of Nurgle

Hidden Content

2pUb5vY.jpg

Vow done!

Wooooooo

Reply:

@Biohazard: No worries, dude! Nightshifts are a pain - I had them when I was a guard in a hotel when I was a student, and my girlfriend has a couple 12 hour night shifts every four weeks - it brings out the dragon in her. :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

That’s insane productivity as usual bud. They look great all together.

I work Security in a Hospital and my Mrs works in the operating theatres where she has to do a week of 11hr nights every 3 months. I know exactly what you mean about the ‘dragon’ :D