++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

VOW #4

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, boasting the forces of the Death Guard. I vow to Nurgle and the rest of the Chaotic Pantheon to complete the units listed below for a total value 410 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me eternal glory and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

1x Greater Blight Drone, Bile Maw, Blightreaper Cannon, Plague probe - 200

1x Chaos Decimator Siege Engine, 2x Soulburner Petard - 210

WIP pictures:

The Greater Blight Drone. I bought this guy for a tenner from my hobby buddy Dino. It, admittedly, is a recast. It's also of poor quality. I wanted it to have a similar way of 'floating' as the newer, plastic GW drones. So I went to town with guitar sting, plus my different sets of tentacle makers! Wooooooo 

RrDfKDp.jpg

Ef5HfHq.jpg

The Decimator needs a bit more work. I bought this guy when he first came out - back when our Eastern friends hadn't discovered the recasting market. It first held the colours of the Word Bearers! Yes, it's that old - as I mentioned waaaaay back when I had just started this thread, it had already been about a year and a half since I sold my first army since I restarted the hobby (back in 2010!). The reason I sold the Word Bearers was bacause I kept changing the red recipe so I ended up painting each unit in a different hue - which yielded an ugly army. I decided to sell everything and start a new army - the Night Lords. It took me until the summer of 2016 before I dared paint a red army again (my Khorne Daemonkin). So, I sold everything.... but this decimator. I didn't even strip it back then and repainted it in Night Lords colours. I sold my Night Lords last year. So now this guy is going to be in Death Guard colours - but now he did get a bath. I'm also removing the siege claw and buthcer cannon, and replacing it with Soulburner Petards. I also ordered an 100mm base for it. 

SdjAc5Sg.jpg

Wish me luck!

Replies:

@ Elduderino: I am for real.... sorry. :unsure.: 

@ Biohazard: My trick dealing with the dragon is this: don't take anything personally. I rub my ego with vaseline so that nothing will stick. I coock a meal for her every day, take out the trash, give her a bouquet of flowers mid-night shift, and do more chores than usual. This will yield me a ton of hobby time and a thankful GF, instead of a stressful week :smile.:   

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Your blight drone is going to fit in nicely with your bloat drones with the hanging wires holding it up.

Any further Nurgling up planned for the Decimator? Just curious.

I hear your pain with the word bearers. My Nurgle stuff has been spanning a decade of different generations of models and me painting them a different shade every time I sit down, with sometimes years in between painting something for them. Fluff excuse being different contagions effecting different units. Lame.

YOU ARE A MACHINE! I swear I blinked and you painted a ton of your Death Guard like that *snap fingers*.

You are keeping up with painting consistency across your DG. The right colors for the armor and trim, blessedly diseased flesh, and the weathered effect you have on their armor. And you did it like lightning! I'm looking forward to the same being done to the drone and the decimator. I am really excited about the decimator and what you will be doing with it to show is it has Papa Nurgle's blessings. I also love it's long history in your collection going from army to army.

Aw, mate, seriously: You're just showing off now, aren't you? ;)

But guys, as someone who has actually seen Augustus work - albeit briefly - let me tell you this: He is CRAZY efficient when doing hobby stuff -- like, there's not a single wasted motion, like a well-rehearsed choreography. Having seen it firsthand, I can actually understand a bit better how he manages to pump out stuff at the frequency he does.

Anyway, let me quickly address your recent completions before I forget all the models again, since there are so fething many:

• Terminators: Love those guys! I actually prefer them with the more "pedestrian" 30k-style weapon, although seeing the flexibility you have given the squad is certainly very impressive!
  • LoC: Excellent conversion, excellent paintjob! Would have loved to see that spore exhaust I mentioned. Still a great model. 'Nuff said ;)
  • Typhus: Still a cool model, but maybe not quite as impressive after seeing your treatment of the new Typhus.
  • Plaguecaster: I will admit that this wasn't one of your favourite conversions of yours, but the paintjob really sells him well. He's still a bit weird, but a cool model nonetheless. The disgusting bloody belly takes the cake!
  • Nurglings and Plaguebearers: Excellent stuff, particularly the colour scheme on the Plague Bearers -- it actually makes them look far more disturbing than any green skin would. Definitely stealing this approach if I ever get around to painting my own squad of Plague Bearers.

All in all, sterling work! You do the ruinous powers proud, buddy! :)

I missed a post too!

Just read Krautscientist talking about Nurglings and Plaguebearers. They look phenomenal, especially considering how fast you must have done them. Lovely paint job. All the details and parts are very clear on them too.

Now it’s your turn to miss a post, I’ve now replied twice.

Cheers, everyone. 

Finished the Greater Blight Drone. 

AnIkxJk.jpg

NgSfHsi.jpg

rP3o2Uu.jpg

PbiJq4r.jpg

SgYH5Dz.jpg

I hope you like! In a stroke of brilliance my 10mm base arrived today so I can actually base the decimator. Wooooooo

Cheers

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: I still can't wrap my head around how brilliantly efficient your flesh and armour recipes are. I'm eternally in your debt for those. :tu:

@ Mechanist: Nah, that was just three vows. I'm currently halfway through my fourth. There will be a fifth. Of course there will be a fifth. ;)

@ Krakendoomcool: I'm thinking I'll sculpt some gross flesh haning beneath its shoulder pads instead of the silly wires. 

@ hushrong: Cheers! yeah, that sucker has been with me since 2012!

@ KrautScientist: thanks for that elaborate answer. You made me blush with your explanation of my painting speed.... Glad you like all the recent stuff - I know the Plaguecaster wasn't perfect, but hey - at least it was better than the original, eh? :D And go ahead with the fleshy plaguebearers. You can find a link to DuskRaiders excellent rotting flesh recipe in the OP of this thread. 

@ Krakendoomcool: Two comments, two replies! 

@ rednekkboss: Aha! GRandpapa Nurgle returns! Glad you like what you see here, buddy! 

The drone is gorgeous! You've painted that beaten and worn armor beautifully. I like how you dry brushed the ridges ascross the armor more than the head/carapace piece. SHows off where the heart of corruption/Granfather's blessing has really taken root. Especially since there as flesh sacks under that part of the drone.

I also love the fleshy bits and gore coming from the bottom of that monster! That's a nice way to have it floating above the base.

Here's the WIP pictures of the costructed Decimator with Soul Burner Petards.

Ca93Mbc.jpg

VDHghtC.jpg

Gp30soW.jpg

jbXSl77.jpg

He's pretty much fully magnetized from back when I first constructed him. Actually, this is my first ever Resin miniature I build! 

gCawmyQ.jpg

Onwards to painting him!

Cheers.

Replies:

@ hushrong: Did I? I guess that just naturally evolved. The flesh sacks are just sculpted using GreenStuff, but I'm glad you like him! 

@ betrayer41: Hahahaha I knew it! No-one can resists Grandfather's charms!

@ DuskRaider: INDEED :)

Decimator - and Vow #4... DONE!

Wooooooo

1AEPiOl.jpg

yLUWofH.jpg

BNoPWbG.jpg

nYATmW9.jpg

BjGLpKV.jpg

Ozeavp0.jpg

Hope you like! 

Now, what to vow for my fifth and final vow.... I still have about 50 points to go for my Soul Vow but not a lot of free time left... so probably something small. 

Cheers!

Replies:

@ hushrong: How do you like him?

@ DuskRaider: How do you think he works the way I did him in DG colours?

@ KrautScientist: Of course he is ;)

Fantastic! He's actually one of my favourite parts of your - absolutely massive - ETL output!

EDIT: How about an army picture now? Should be a rather stunning collection at this point! :)

Edited by KrautScientist

Fantastic! He's actually one of my favourite parts of your - absolutely massive - ETL output!

EDIT: How about an army picture now? Should be a rather stunning collection at this point! :smile.:

Thanks! About the army picture, not until I finish my last vow...

I like it. A lot!

Years ago this was one of those minis from FW that I never knew existed and was just amazed they made their own unit with rules and everything. I honestly did not know much back then. Ever since I've always liked seeing it for some reason. Something between forbidden fruit and secret weapon. :)

Paint job is amazing as usual and the sculpted on bloat and added fleshy cords look fantastic with color.

Latest vow looks great, love the little pustules and extra bloating added to the decimator. The pose is great too! That blight drone is great, it looks like it is dragging entrails, which fits really well. Can't wait to see your last vow and the army shot.

Looks good, man. Really it's the model itself, it's probably the most disappointing of all the Chaos models FW did. You did an awesome job with what you had to work with and from what I hear they're a beast in the game! Edited by DuskRaider

VOW #5

VOW #5

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, boasting the forces of the World Eaters. I vow to Khorne and the rest of the Chaotic Pantheon to complete Khârn the Betrayer for a total value 160 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success shall bring me eternal glory and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

1x Khârn the Betrayer - 160 points

WIP picture:J6e2b90.jpg

@ hushrong: Cheers! Did you get one?

@ guardian31: Thanks, dude - Yeah the pose was difficult with it - especially since I magnetized everything. 

@ DuskRaider: Yeah I can understand what you mean - I just went with what I had and added some goo up front. Honestly this was a bit of a hate job. The fricking heat didn't help either. :thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Nope. It wouldn't be forbidden fruit anymore.:teehee:

Just kidding. I just never got around to getting one. And the last few years I've cut a lot of my spending down on buying exactly what I need so I don't have a ton of unused plastic & resin and I have just never needed one. Now the poor guy has competition from FW's HH offerings. One day I will. I had thought about doing conversions with the Armigers when they were revealed but I don't think they are big enough.

And Khârn huh? That's a nice and very interesting change of pace. Something to break up paint DG colors? I can already tell you I like what I see. I really liked the new plastic sculpt but hated the over-the-top weights he had chained to his left arm. What colors will you go for? Classic hot-rod blood red and brass?