Alright, second Armiger finished!

yQwhbqKg.jpg

HlN3r8V.jpg

MccVYZA.jpg

FD2raiy.jpg

WTXZKUR.jpg

JKQlJgd.jpg

PTyhATw.jpg

So that's it! I will do some more weathering for them both (especially the transfers) but as I said before, I like to do all weathering at the same time to make things consistent. 

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ KrautScientist: Of course there's complaints! lol - but you know I love 'm so don't hold back. Let me address both your points. The first, about the suggested head swap - I won't do it, for the same reason you gave for suggesting it - you see, I consider this last one to be the 'less mutated' one. Except for his tippy toe, all his chaosification is purely ornamental - the horns and chaos stars are bolted on. So to suggest some 'eviller' look, and to balance the two out,  I ave him the more evil faceplate. The other one is far more corrupted, with horns and even a chaos star growing out of its armour - to contrast it, I gave him the more standard head. I like to balance things out like that. ;) About the transfers looking too bright: you're absolutely right. I'll do some more weathering this Wednesday. 

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: I just went through your entire thread and BOY was that a privilege! You're super talented, dude! Now I feel even more blessed to have you as a regular here! I'll follow your thread like a maniac too. :)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers! How do you like it with paint?

I'm stupidly humbled by your praise man. I'm no long standing Bolter regular, I've only been on since like April or something but you've definitely been a huge inspiration to me. Not only for your creative ideas and great pant work but also your general attitude. Yours such a positive influence on the hobby community, you genuinely consider people's feedback and encourage them in return. If people get half as much pleasure from my thread as yours then I'd be doing something right!

Speaking of threads I'm really greatful you like what I'm doing. I do plan to get through yours... But it like, 50 times longer than mine and I think I'm going to develope a callous from scrolling so I'm building up to it.

How many Points/PL of nurgle do you have now?

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

GROUP SHOT!

As requested. :)

yEipalR.jpg

Hope you like!

REPLIES!

@ Biohazard: CHeers, dude! I am planning to make an entire renegade Knight Househould, so there's plenty to look forward to. ;)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Wow, thanks! I like that: aggressive and violent... 

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Well, thanks! You're an awesome member of the community yourself! Also, I think my Nurgle points painted amounts to about 7000 now...

@ DuskRaider: ;)

zdWIzyR.gif

Really really like the knights, the paint scheme is spot on. Especially the leering red skull. Can’t wait to see the household grow!!

If you’re planning on expanding the household, you might wanna take a look at some parts made by Shane Bloomberg and James Taro. They’re both designers with a selection of parts made to be compatible with Imperial Knights, mostly weapons and decorations, as well as a few extenders I believe to make the Dominus taller. Might be worth taking a look at!:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/taromodelmaker

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/gadgetsplus

The second Armiger's looking fantastic as well (although I stand by my assessment that the heads would work better swapped around. Still, your models, your call). The three models work really well together -- now if you could only take a picture from a bit farther away, so all the models are in focus... ;)

Keep up the amazing work, buddy! :)

Really really like the knights, the paint scheme is spot on. Especially the leering red skull. Can’t wait to see the household grow!!

If you’re planning on expanding the household, you might wanna take a look at some parts made by Shane Bloomberg and James Taro. They’re both designers with a selection of parts made to be compatible with Imperial Knights, mostly weapons and decorations, as well as a few extenders I believe to make the Dominus taller. Might be worth taking a look at!:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/taromodelmaker

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/gadgetsplus

This is my plan when I eventually get a Dominus. A bit pricey with the Gadgets Plus bits (as was discussed earlier with the Miniguns) but really great quality parts.

How do you do it??? You knocked off those Armigers in ridiculous time!

It’s not very often I disagree with Krauts critiques, but I have to say I really enjoy your choices of heads. Especially the Cyclops, I absolutely love that head. And your reasoning behind the head choices makes complete sense.

My only criticism was going to be about how un-chaotic the cannons are. But after reading your explanation about the rest of the chaosy bits, it makes a lot more sense

Tournament Report!

I am back from the Alliance Open 40K  2018 tournament, which was held in a Hotel near Amsterdam Airport this weekend. And wow what an event it was! Five intense ITC games, meeting tons of people from all over the world and from the interwebs, including this hallowed forum (Hi Teku!) and the guys from Tabletop Tactics, coffee, gross lunches, a hilarious dinner, and tons of beer! 

This was my first ITC tournament, and I thought I'd use the occasion to finally build a proper carry bag for my army. So I set about magnetizing all the based for my army, and then use a Record Flight-case as a base for a proper kit. It's based on the A-case design, but it's a LOT sturdier:. Here's a video!

I guess I'll just do a bit of a report of the entire event. The rulespack can be found here, but the general rules were: 

Hidden Content
N7Vez4I.jpg

My army list was as follows:

Detachment 1 battalion (Nurgle Daemons) 598 points

HQ: Spoilpox Scrivener (75) Plaguesword (0) Distended Maw (0) Disgusting Sneezes (0) 75

HQ: Daemonprince of Chaos with Wings (170) Nurgle (0) Malefic Talons (10) 180 WARLORD

TROOPS: 29 Plague Bearers (140) 1 Plagueridden (7) Plagueswords (0) Instrument of Chaos (10) Daemonic Icon (15) 235

TROOPS: 3 Nurglings (54) Teeth and Claws (0) 54

Detachment 2 battalion (Nurgle Daemons) 523 points

HQ: Poxbringer (70) Balesword (0)  70

HQ: Daemonprince of Chaos with Wings (170) Nurgle (0) Malefic Talons (10) 180

TROOPS: 19 Plague Bearers (140) 1 Plagueridden (7) Plagueswords (0) Instrument of Chaos (10) Daemonic Icon (15) 165

Detachment 3 Super Heavy Detachment (Questor Traitoris) 866 points

Renegade Knight (285) 2x Avenger Gatling Cannon (150) 2x Heavy Flamer (34) Heavy Stubber (4) Stormspear Rocket Pod (45) 518

Renegade Armiger Helverin (160) 2x Armiger autocannons (10) Heavy Stubber (4) 174

Renegade Armiger Helverin (160) 2x Armiger autocannons (10) Heavy Stubber (4) 174

The Rulespack also allowed to remove up to 9 maelstrom objectives cards from your deck. So I discarded: 41 Advance 42 behind enemy lines  44 mission critical objective 46 domination  55 psychological warfare 61 kingslayer 62 Witch Hunter 64 Assassinate 66 priority orders received

A summary of my games:

Game #1

hbwhDfD.jpg

The first game was against a very amiable Dutch guy with a nasty Drukhari list. Although I finished deploying first, he got first turn. I was fortunate in that his Dark Lances didn't do much against my Knights and that he largely ignored my big Plaguebearer blob in the middle. I scored a ton of points with my objective-camping Nurglings, while my Plaguebearers got into combat with his heaviest hitting guys and my Knights shot the biggest threats to them. Sadly we had to quit playing after three turns because of time restrictions, but I did manage to get a pretty decent victory out of this one, and an ITC score of 16-4  

GAME #2

EOqsW6k.jpg

Played against Tabletop Tactics own Benjamin Bonar AKA B-Bone AKA The Bone AKA #69 - who is an even nicer guy than I had expected from TTTs amazing batrep videos (and so was rightly given the event's 'Most Favourite Opponent' award. He played a rock-hard Tau list with three riptides, six blocks of seven Fire warriors, two Commanders in Battlesuits, markerlights and a couple drones (not to mention the famous moustachioed ethereal in a purple toga). He got turn one (again, despite me finishing deploying first), and deleted my Questoris and one Armiger Helverin in turn one. I thought it was over but managed to get back into the fight after killing his two Commanders - who had stormed forward to kill my Helverin - with both my Daemon Princes. I also was lucky terrain-wise, as I could hide my blob of 30 plaguebearers from all shooting in a building in the middle. I didn't kill much, but as I held the centre of the board, I as able to rack in points. I didn't move the plaguebearers in the middle, while I did drop the second squad as a distraction. In the end, we were able to finish the full five turns - and to my shocked surprise I had actually won! With an ITC score of 15-5, this brought me up to 31 ITC points. :smile.:

GAME #3

UiQaSjN.jpg

Game three saw me pitted against a huge Chaos + Thousand Sons alliance consisting of two blobs of 40 Slaanesh autogun cultist, a blob of 40 Khornate CC cultists, two units of 20 Tzaangors, three Fiends, a Seeker Herald, Ahriman, Abbadon and some other shenanigans. The British guy was an absolute pleasure to play with - very gentlemanly. We bought each other beers during the game, had some laughs, but the game was also very tactical. He deleted my unit of 30 plague bearers with a of -1 to hit, 4++, 5+++ in a single round of shooting with his first cultist blob, aided by a plethora of Psychic buffs and stratagems, and in turn I managed to remove all his cultists in four rounds of Knight shooting. We both struggled over our right flanks. Early game he lost his to my Nurglings and I lost mine to his CC cultist squad, but we both managed to regain them. I narrowly lost this game with an ITC score of 8-12, which brought me up to 39 points. Not the best score, but I was now unexpectedly leading my team, the Amsterdam Battle Brothers. 

Game #4

69C6otR.jpg 
Game four was in the early morning of Sunday. Having slept badly, I was very tired, and it showed. My opponent was a guy I played against before. He fielded an Eldaeri-Ynari soup list with tons of Psykers, Wave Serpents, Shining Spears, Warp Spiders, Dark Reapers, Scouts, and Yvraine. I was unlucky in that the terrain heavily favoured my opponent. I managed to get and hold onto the relic, but my making grave errors (who forgets entire, crucial Psychic Phases - especially with a Master the Warp maelstrom card???) and being consistently unlucky in the dice (my Questoris Knight and Helverins managed to kill a total of five Warp Spiders and three Scouts over three entire rounds of shooting. Seriously.... :facepalm:). I lost badly, but managed to cushion the ITC score to 'just' 4-16, bringin my total up to 43 ITC points.

GAME #5

fRdQJSz.jpg

My first game against Imperial Knights and some imperial soup, which I dreaded! Absolutely dreaded. His army consisted of a Knight Castellan kitted like on the box, two close combat Gallants, a couple squads of Guardsmen, and some cheap characters to camp on objectives. Everything that went wrong in the last game was compensated by this game - I shot up and smote (the past tense of smite?) his first Gallant down to three wounds in my first round, with his flanks also being decimated and nurglings getting onto the objectives, scoring me a whopping seven points. In his first turn, he couldn't kill my Questoris Knight with shooting from both the Castellan and the Helverins, while my nurglings survived a charge by the Castellan, denying him points. My Plaguebearer blob in the middle got charged by both Gallants, and only lost 14 of their number, after which my Daemon princes heroically intervened and proceeded to kill the wounded Gallant. The other Gallant was killed in my second turn, and then was pretty much game for me. A ITC win of 16-4 brought my VP total up to 59 

Those points were complemented by a full 20 for list submission and another full 20 for painting, bringing my total ITC score up to 99, which gave me a final ranking of #25 out of 120! Not too bad for a first ITC tournament, if I may say so myself! :biggrin.:

The absolutely cool thing is that my army, along with seven others, also got a nomination for Best Painted Army! I didn't win, but I was humbled and honoured by this very much! This cool token will now be sat in my Miniatures cabinet for all eternity. :smile.:

BdWa0AH.jpg

What also was cool was that frater Teku came over to my last table to have a chat. He as a super friendly guy ad he even gave me his last remaining Duvel Beer Objective Markers (he had given the other five to his opponents. I was so honoured by this! Thanks Teku! 
a5RkKaa.jpg

All in all, a wonderful event indeed. Fantastically organized and hosted by the Alliance Open team, who deserve a lot of credit. Thanks guys!

I hope you liked the report, and if you're going to the Element Games ITC GT in Manchester this weekend, see you there!

Replies:

@ Atia: Cheers, girl! They're not just lookers either, they performed well, too!

@ FearPeteySodes: Probably a two more Questoris Knights, followed my three Armiger Warglaives and most likely a Castellan! I'm doing a Renegade Knight Household with Imperial Rules. :wink:

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: Haha well, as my Plague Bearers are mainly there to survive, that would result in a very boring game. Gives tons of times to drink beers though, which I suspect would be cool to do with you :smile.:

@ Doghouse: They do? Good.... goooood!

@ k0nahrik: *sarcasm*Thanks, dude!*/sarcasm* You just cost me like 100 euros, because I had to buy all those components. And I also probably have to go and buy a Castellan now. Jeez... :wink: Seriously though: those bits are inspiring!

@ DuskRaider: I'll beat you to it! :wink:

@ Greenz: Thanks, dude! It's nice to have someone defend me against Krauty's relentless critique. I'm totally kidding about that, btw. I love and appreciate his feedback! But I'm also serious about my appreciation of your dissenting  voice - it makes for a good balanced feedback on my projects, which can only get better because of them. Cheers!

Here's a bit of a report. The rulespack can be found here, so I'll just summarize within hidden brackets and tell you about the games. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

That sounds awesome man! I'm weary of organised events for fear of the opponent taking the game to seriously and spoiling it for me. I want to win... But I want to have fun more. Sounds like all your opponents were great and you had a good time! That's fantastic. I'm really pleased your army played well and congratulations on your nomination! Did you get any pictures of any other cool minis you appreciated?

Sounds like a really good event, the quality of painting must have been immense for your guys not to take the prize!

I hadn't realised Element Games ran events up in Manchester; it's's only an hour from my university, so I'll have to check it out next year.

Hey man, glad you like the marker!

Was aweomse to see the army in real life and meeting you!

Wish i had more to chat with you. Keep up the good work!

Maybe you and the rest of the Amsterdam Battle Brother can come to the Belgian Team Championship in February (23-24/2019)

Best of luck in Stockport!

Cheers, team. t'Was a great event indeed.

One thing I did found lacking, though, was that my own objective markers weren't 'to theme' as one might say. As you might now, I like to create objective markers for every army I build, and my Nurgle force is no different (I can't call it Death Guard, as about half of the stuff I have is (also) a Nurgle Daemon. So I set to work on six markers, but alas, I hadn't finished them by the beginning of last week. And due to the construction of the miniatures case for the event being underway, I hadn't time to finish the markers before the event. So I took my World Eater/Khorne objective markers with me. 

CnARFlU.jpg

I got away with using the Khornate objectives in the largely Nurgle army because the reds of the markers correspond with the reds in my Renegade Knights. I did make a custom Relic marker from the magnetized muzzle of my Lord of Skull's Skull Cannon, though - the transfer on it was is a plain undivided chaos star instead of a Khornate rune for that reason.... 

BUT THAT'S BLASPHEMY! I need Nurgle Objectives.

Coming weekend will see me visiting the Element Games ITC Grand Tournament, and so I just finished painting the Objective Markers I made earlier - including a brand new Relic marker (with a proper Nurgle rune this time)!

PQxI1io.jpg

Here's some individual shots:

dVEh8Pv.jpg

PBTv9Jp.jpg

x2sMb82.jpg

OuwsA2s.jpg

oGZjX7V.jpg

bMGKZ1O.jpg

Oqk9EAz.jpg

I hope you like them! I admit that the Relic and the Reaper objective aren't the most original, as I have featured both in my Imperial Fists objective set. But why fix something if it ain't broke? :wink:

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Pandoras Bitz Box: I can totally get behind it - but that's about half of the top ten players. 90% of tournament players are in it primarily to play cool games on cool tables against cool armies, to get better at gaming (there is nothing better for your gaming skills than playing in tournaments - as everybody wants to up their game), but most of all to have a good time. I went to the tournament hoping to win one game and with the conscious goal to have a good time - how you experience the game is more important than if you win it. And I haven't played a single game against someone I disliked. Just spend some time talking to your opponent, looking at their army, chatting, and you'll establish a mutual relationship with your opponent. If you're not too strict with things, then generally, your opponent won't be so either.

@ Hungry Nostraman Lizard: Thanks, buddy!

@ DuskRaider: Because there where others who had better painted armies! It's as simple as that. I see it as a motivator to improve my detailing and conversions. The Dominus will be bought in the coming weekend, during the tournament. UK prices combined with a 20% discount and stuff...

@ K0nahrik: Indeed! I'm looking forward to the build. Thanks again for tipping me off with the links! :thumbsup:

@ Pearson73: It was! There was a Blood Angel army I really liked, as well as a Salvaged Imperial Guard army on an army plate à la Armies on Parade but bigger. I will take shots in the next event. :smile.: Hope to see you next year!

@ Pandora'S bitz box: Come and have a beer then!

@ teku: Hey buddy! I loved chatting with you. I apologize for not having more time - there were all kinds of after event duties and appointments I had to keep, and was a bit stressed. I hope to see you in another event soon, though! I'm definitely considering going to the BTC, for sure. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass