++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

I've been a bit idle here lately, but I have to pop in and give some praise to your daemonkin, lovely lovely models. I like the black touches on the LR, makes me think of the early 90s world eaters which had black and bronze scattered all over them (and goblin green accents, I don't particularly miss those haha)

Thanks for the kind comments, team :smile.:

The Rhinos lit a fire and I decided to keep it lit. So here's the beginnings of the third of the trio:

AxIB2ih.jpg

Also, with Chapter Approved 2018 making the Biologis Putrifier a lot chaper, I finally yielded to GW marketing and bought one....

hDWwGtp.jpg

And yeah... I also allowed the critters i my brain to go +++crazy+++ and bought this...

EMC5xvn.jpg

Hopefully I'll have the ability to finally actually decide which is going to be my new army - because not only are the Sisters of Battle appealing, I've long wanted a fully converted Dark Mechanicus force. And I've just heard a rumour that Eldar Exodites are going to be a thing.... ugh

Anyway, I hope you're looking forard to some more hobby stuff from my desk.

Cheers

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: Ah good. Perhaps you're right - the thing is that all red iconography in my army has had a green background - and my PBCs also have red icons on a green dozer blade. So changing things up now wouldn't make for a consistent army. 

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks buddy! And welcome back! I've missed you around these here parts. Where've you been? And are you still working on your Flesh Tearers?

@ Kizzdougs: Well, thank you! High praise indeed!

@ ElDuderino: Cheers, mate! You haven't seen the Daemonkin before? They were all painted mostly in 2016 and early 2017. And yeah, I remember those times fondly - and also cringe when I see those Goblin Green bases. Oh GW 'Red Period' - you're so silly! :wink:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
++Slightly inappropriate comment++

I've long wanted a fully converted Dark Mechanicus force. 

With an army theme that unique you'd definitely be the only guy in your local scene, oh wait.........:wink: 

Jokes aside I'm really curious where you'd take it, especially since you'd be using a completely different codex.

I like the usage of the armiger faceplate on that rhino, nice touch. The other two already have your style and this one is well on its way.

Btw, drop by GW ams west some time, I've heard that one of their new employees is a really cool dude.:wink: 

@ Midnight Runner: Thanks buddy! And welcome back! I've missed you around these here parts. Where've you been? And are you still working on your Flesh Tearers?

Yeah buddy not been about too much as been away from the hobby for a while, hopefully going to take some baby steps back into it. Unfortunately not with my Flesh Eaters but with the Black Legion in the form of a Deredeo and some fancy new marines, I have plenty to get my *teeth* into.

Liking were the new Rhino is going - the other two are sublime :tu: Where are the actual dozer blades from, are the FW ones?

I wake up to another set of comments, thanks, team!

Hungry Nostraman Lizard (still love that name, btw) asks an interesting question: are my Death Guard finished? The answer is a bit more complex than yes or no. My Death Buard army is really my Nurgle army, as it consists of both Daemon and Death Guard miniatures. I still have some to do, but it's not much. 

Here's what's still on my To Do list: 

Death Guard

• Cultists (10), 9 autoguns, Heavy Stubber 55
  • 3x Helbrute, Twin Lascannon, Missile Launcher 441
  • 1x Foetid Bloat-Drone, Fleshmower, Plague Probe 136
  • 1x Foetid Bloat-Drone, Fleshmower, Plague Probe 136
  • Chaos Rhino, combi bolter, havoc launcher 83
  • 1x Contemptor Dreadnought, 2x Butcher Cannons, Havoc Launcher 217
  • Mortarion 470
  • Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Fly, 2x Daemonic Talons 180 
  • Biologus Putrifier 74

Nurgle Daemons

• 20 Plaguebearers, Champion, Musician, Icon 165
  • 3 Plague Drones 102
  • Sloppity Bilepiper 60

Still quite a lot of miniatures, which together total 2119 points. But the army is definitely nearing completion. Just for :cusss and giggles, I've made a list of completed miniatures in the army. This is what I've painted since March:

Death Guard

• 105 Poxwalkers 630
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Plasma, Champion with Plasmagun 134
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Plasma, Champion with Plasmagun 134
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Plasma, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair 144
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Blight Launcher, Flail of Corruption, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair 156
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Blight Launcher, Flail of Corruption, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair 156
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Plague Spewer 133
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Meltagun, Champion with Plasmagun, Icon of Despair 154
  • Plague Marine Squad (5x), 2x Flail of Corruption, Champion with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol 148
  • Deathshroud Terminators (3x), Plaguespurt Gauntlet, Manreaper 225
  • Blightlord Terminators (5x), 2x Combimelta, 3x Combiplasma, 5x Bubonic Axe 298
  • 3x Myphitic Blight Hauler 420
  • 3x Foetid Bloat-Drone, 2x Plaguespitter, Plague Probe 474
  • 1x Greater Blight Drone, Bile Maw, Blightreaper Cannon, Plague probe 200
  • 1x Chaos Decimator Siege Engine, 2x Soulburner Petard 220
  • 3x Plagueburst Crawler, Mortar, 2x Entropy Cannon, Rothail Volley Gun 486
  • 2x Rhino, Havoc Launcher, Combibolter 166
  • 1x Land Raider, 2x Twin Lascannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Havoc Launcher 367
  • Noxious Blightbringer, Plasma Pistol 63
  • 2x Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Fly, 2x Daemonic Talons 260
  • 2x Plague Surgeon 140
  • 2x Typhus (the new and the old miniature) 350
  • Chaos Lord of Nurgle in Terminator Armour with Balesword and Combiplasma 126
  • Malignant Plaguecaster 110
  • Lord of Contagion 130
  • Chaos Lord of Nurgle 74
  • Necrosius the Undying 120

Nurgle Daemons

• Scabeiathrax the Bloated 777
  • Gnarlmaw 85
  • Tallyman 60 
  • 30 Plaguebearers, Champion, Musician, Icon 235
  • 30 Plaguebearers, Champion, Musician, Icon 235
  • Spoilpox Scriviner 75
  • Poxbringer 70
  • Nurglings x12 216

Questor Traitoris

• Questor Traitoris Knight, Dual Avenger Gatling Cannons wtih Heavy Flamer, Stormspear Rocket Pod, Heavy Stubber 518
  • Renegade Armiger Helverin, Helverin Autocannons, Heavy Stubber 174
  • Renegade Armiger Helverin, Helverin Autocannons, Heavy Stubber 174

For a grand total of 9049 points - that's pre-Chapter Approved 2018, btw, so probably around the top end of 8k points

Not bad, if I may say so myself... :wink: I'm just showing off now. Honestly, I am amazed at how much I managed to paint this year, I think this as been my most productive year yet, and I thought I was out of the hobby! Or perhaps 8th edition is just more expensive, points-wise.

About the to-do's, you can expect the Rhino build to be completed today. Painting will occur this week. I'll also start do the Daemons in one go, I think, methinks.

Cheers.

Replies!

@ Hungry Nostraman Lizard: I hope the above answers your question!

@ Maarten: Cheers! Yeah, that Dark Mechanicus army of yours usin the Eldar coxed is insane indeed. You should get some paint on it. About GW West, I've been there four times and I've always had bad vibes there, dude. Sorry! Do you work there?

@ K0hnarik: I'm not sure. Now that you mantion it, it does need one. However, I've already glued the racks on so it's going to destroy a lot of detil getting those off again. I think I'll have to leave it like this.... :sad.:

@ Cryptix: You'd use the rules for the Chaos Hellwright rules for.... what, exactly? Please elaborate! :smile.: Also, I've looked, and there is no entry for a Chaos Helwright in Index Heretic Astartes. So... what are you talking about?:ermm:

@ Midnight Runner: Flesh EATERS! Of course, my apologies... I love that army, and would love to see more. The dozer blade are indeed the FW design. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ Maarten: Cheers! Yeah, that Dark Mechanicus army of yours usin the Eldar coxed is insane indeed. You should get some paint on it. About GW West, I've been there four times and I've always had bad vibes there, dude. Sorry! Do you work there?

I really should, I'm trying to pick a good colour scheme that both works with the models and gives a nod to the eldar codex I'm using.

Got hired late last month!

That nurgle army is wayyyyyyyy bigger than I thought, nearing 10k is crazy big!

So... the sculpting, Agrellan earth and PVA glue has been applied but is as of yet still drying on the last build of the third and final Death Guard Rhino, so I thought I'd continue with a new little project.

A little while ago, I gifted a box of Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids to my buddy Dino so he could make them into cultists. He was a bit strapped for cash, so we agreed I could take a dive into his bits box. Among a ton of other sweet bits, the main things I got were these three mechanicum bits (which I'll make into Blight Launchers for my last five-man squad of Plague Marines)....

C2ZIoR0.jpg

....and a body of a Forge World Renegade Ogryn. This guys, I mean:

Hidden Content

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ASm7ZmUOrpU/TRlS3PPltEI/AAAAAAAAAI8/KLopbKuiMBU/s1600/DSC_0073.JPG

Now, admittedly these are all recast parts, but who am I to look a gifted horse in the mouth? I immediately saw the potential of this bit, and I'd thought  could make another [edit] Poxwalker Poxbringer [/edit] out of it. So today I set to work, and this is the result so far. 

zobP26u.jpg

x1ma7uG.jpg

iAorzQm.jpg

There's still some sculpting work to be done - mainly getting the arms to fit the body, the horn to his mask, and the Plague Bearer hands to fit his massive forearms. But I like where this is going! 

I'd appreciate any comments, ideas or feedback on this little project! let me know if you have any. :smile.:

Cheers

Replies:

@ DuskRaider: Ah, I see it now. Cryptix directed me to the wrong Index then. A nice unit indeed, but still, my question to him remains: "use the rules for the Chaos Hellwright rules for.... what, exactly?" :smile.:

@ Maarten: You should indeed! It's been what? Two years since we had that game - and you still haven't painted that army? Come on now! It's full of brilliant conversions and it deserves to be loved. Go do what needs to be done. No excuses!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Alright, apologies. I asked for ideas and then went right ahead and started working with the ones I already had - which resulted in this:

d8SVI8C.jpg

d4gY7GH.jpg

J4o66B0.jpg

L6WUNAF.jpg

You like-y?

Feedback, comments, and rogue ideas most welcome, btw. If you think something should be different, added to, or gotten rid of - let me know and why. I value your feedback. :)

I agree with Eldrick, that behemoth makes more sense as a Gellerpox Big Mutie than a lowly Poxwalker.

And why a Hellwright? I have no idea, you'd have to ask Cryptix. Maybe if they can heal Questoris Knights but from what I recall they cannot. 

BTW, did you know your Chaos Knights can summon daemons?

Mostly so you can use Daemon Engines and Chaos Cultists without Counts As. Also I prefer variability in my dreadnought and knight loadouts and not having to pay a relic tax, even if loyalists have an advantage in terms of rule of 3 and stratagem support.

Whoopsie, I meant to write Poxbringer, not Poxwalker... Anyhoo, I'll work more on him tomorrow. Meanwhile, the build for the third Rhino is done! Ready for paint:

Rpw74cU.jpg

TjM0pd9.jpg

Fkq05b8.jpg

78UUL4o.jpg

DeuSuhb.jpg

NSB7rTY.jpg

I hope you like! Let me know what you think, and if you have any last minute feedback.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Pearson73: Thanks! It's not Kranon's horn, but one from a regular Plague Bearer Champion's head. The stim cannisters are I believe from either the helbrute or the Talos?

@ Hungry Nostraman Lion: You can still get them from somewhere else apparently. 

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Yeah I meant to write Poxbringer! Whoopsie!

@ DuskRaider: Yes I knew about the summoning! It's because the lead Knight is a character with the Chaos Keyword, eh?

@ Cryptix: Ah but I'm not doing counts-as in terms of units - I'm doing counts-as fluff. I'm just making a regular Mechanicus army from the codex but 'say' it's 'Dark' Mechanicus - which gives me the opportunity to convert the hell out of that range. But even if I would go Daemon Engines and Chaos Cultists - why would I need a Hellwright for that? As far as I can tell, there's nothing he 'unlocks'.

The third Rhino and Ogryn conversion are looking great, buddy! Love the combination of thr Armiger facemask and the Ghorgon horns (didn't I give you those, by the way? In any case, really happy to see someone actually finding a good use for this bit! ;)

As for the Ogryn, the Plaguebearer sword and trophy-holding hand work so well together! Plus having a big brute like that among all the smaller Poxwalkers should also work really well from a visual standpoint (and add an interesting character if you were to use some of your Nurglite models as a kill team, a Necromunda gang or an INQ28 warband -- just sayin'...).