++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

With my gang sorta kinda finished, I'm now putting my attention to finishing my Sector Mechanicus MDF terrain, that I got off TTCombat back in February

I must say, this stuff is amazing. Helped with the Dingues de Jeux-method of using Molotow markers to highlight MDF terrain as well as providing excellent super fast streaking grime, I'm fairly confident I can crank out the stuf fin a couple weeks of working on it for a couple hours a day. I started with the two generators I build last month and they're now finished! Along with a set of stairs, I am now confident in my ability to quickly crank out something that looks nice and cool, weathered, and also is obviously a nod to the 90s cardboard Necromunda terrain. behold:

BfNhxrs.jpg

Second one with stairs attached

rGUxes0.jpg

Some detail shots:
7wZqroK.jpg

TBgr6R4.jpg

And some with my girls in action!
gTR09b0.jpg

I hope you like them!

Cheers, and thanks for the comments

Replies:

@ KrautScientist: Thanks for the exhaustive reply, buddy! Much appreciated. And I agree about your assessment of the names, to be honest. I think I'm going to just make them black. The red stripe is necessary though, as line of sight is determined by an arch...

@ BCK: I hear you, and am going to make the edges black.

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers! I aprreciate the feedback re: the Khimerix. And will change the bases.

@ Lord Ranulf: Yeah yeah, I will! Patience, as I first need a 3D board painted!

@ guardian31: Thanks! Haha

@ Atia: Nooooo come into the Munda fold!

The gang looks fantastic but your work on the terrain is jaw dropping. I used to have something similar for Infinity but the TTCombat looks amazingly detailed.

I def want to pick up some of their pieces. I just hope mine can look a fraction as nice as yours. The paint job and grime you’ve done are fantastic.

Atia: Nooooo come into the Munda fold!

Haha. I need to admit, I have a bunch of unpainted stuff here waiting for the release of the second plastic sprues so I can finish my Eschers and start the other gangs with the big pile of stuff and options :wink: :whistling:.

Great work on your scenery!!! :wub:  

HEY GANG! 

Work continues on the MDF scenery, but today I made some efforts to make a new miniature for my Escher Leader. My original one, based on the classic metal Mad Donna Ulanti was armed like so:

nJ50VHy.jpg

However, I never actually bought her a Stilleto Sword - she got a Power Sword. And as much as that sword also has some kind of power line thingy like regular power swords, I think we can all agree that this is a stilleto sword. Also, by ransoming a captured Delaque ganger not for credits but for gear, I got my leader a Master Crafted Flechette Pistol. Unfortunately these things come one per Delaque sprue and are good - which translates in them being out fo sale constantly on bits sites. I found refuge at ShapeWays. She also got a Chem Synth and a Drop Rig, so here's what she looks like now:

reB1U4q.jpg

AE8npfS.jpg

The sword is made from the blade and the pommel of a SM Tactical Squad Power sword drilled in so they fit the diameter of the GSC staff the original miniature is holding. Pretty cunning, don't you think? ;) She also got the drop rig bit from the SM Scout sprue I happened upon looking for something else.

That last sprue also had a SM Scout Heavy Bolter. And as I always am looking for a Heavy Bolter (gotta roll that 10 for rarity at the trader sooner or later) and my gang's Reputation will soon be high enough to get a fourth Champion, I decided to make one! Enter a convoluted mess of pinned bits:
jDSBdVC.jpg

Yeah... the arms are pinned to the torso, the hands to the arms, and the gun to the hands. That took quite a while to get right. I'm going to greenstuff it smooth and then decide which head she will get. 
WMlPpd6.jpg

That's it so far! I hope you like these WIP miniatures!

Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on them.

Cheers

Replies:

@ hushrong: The paint job, including the grime is just simple airbrush work combined with Molotow acrylic markers - SUPER easy! 

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers, bud! *GeneratorS ;)

@ Kizzdougs: I love the game so much! I was a big fan of it in the 90s and never could afford or play much, so now I'm having a ball with it.

@ rednekksboss: Thank you! Continue the development of your speed (which increased incredibly between Charlotte and Martha) and you'll be pumping out those excellent miniatures faster than you can sculpt them soon enough!

@ Atia: I knew it! I can feel your desire. It destroys your focus, makes you weak....

@ Atia: I knew it! I can feel your desire. It destroys your focus, makes you weak....

Oh boy, my focus is small enough as it is haha. :facepalm:

Cool conversions though! Is the heavy bolter that good for Eschers? Tell me more :cool.: *starts to take notes*

Cheers, gang! Glad you like the new Necromunda girls. I did more work on my TTCombat Necromunda terrain. Almost an entire Sector 1  - Industrial Complex done (just the two Sotrrage Tanks and the Small Platforms to go), plus a stairs set, two Power Generators, two Municipium Sector Fan Platform and a single extra Large Platform (single level). It's starting to look good, no? The cool thing is, I haven't even used half of the gantries supplied with the finished building - you get so many spare!

tj0uo2p.jpg

epZyc7P.jpg

zrIdvLv.jpg

fCDV6pL.jpg

FB0kqfS.jpg

KwYKXSc.jpg

rMdJ86b.jpg

Again, I've gone for that 90s retro look and I think I'm pulling it off. One thing I should do better with the rest of the terrain is to make the numbers (that I airbrushed with stencil) a bit brighter - they're now kinda washed away with the grime...

Hope you like! Comments and Critiques welcome :)

Cheers

Replies:

@ hushrong: "fly as hell"! That's high priase, thanks, dude! :D

@ Aasfresser: Ooooh I'm going to finish them soon enough. The GF has three night shifts in a row this weekend, which means silence in the house as she sleeps - which means painting time for me!

@ Markus>: Hey buddy, thanks for the comment, and glad to hear my work is inspiring you :) Thanks for the comment - it keeps the thread going :)

@ Atia: Heavy Bolter is good for any gang  -why wouldn't it be? Rest assured that champion will be bought Carapace armour and an armoured undersuit for that 3+ save, though. Maybe a suspensor if I have the credits? Also, Escher are like sheep. Singular and multiples are named by one name: Escher. Eschers sounds absurd. To my ear, at least. ;) :p

@ Gordon Shumway: Hey buddy! Welcome to this thread, and thanks for the comment. Is Lucky still alive or has your house guest finally eaten her? Also, about the eye swap: shhhhh. I won't tell if you won't. ;)

More MDF terrain build. I'm trying to spice things up somewhat by adding some computer panels, lights, and - most interestingly - candles. Candles are such a fluffy part of the Grim Darkness of the 40k universe, that at least to me, they instantly transform terrain from almost 'regular' scifi gothic buildings into proper 40k terrain. 

Here's what I mean:

This Silo looks like a regular silo - "what's in it?", you may ask. Of course, the control panel makes it look a bit more sci-fi-y.

EERaZRV.jpg

But then the candles underneath that same control panel instantly transport the miniature into 40k. Especially given the fact that open fire under a closed container that most likely contains something flameable is not the best idea. But with the regressive grasp of science that is integral to the dystopian 40k universe, it all blends in.

IuNMdVI.jpg

Next up, the same idea with this stairs set. Industrial stairs with a futuristic control panel at first glance.

Xr0RwII.jpg

Instant 40k because of candles!
m0V6Llw.jpg

Ligths on a set of walkways - makes sense. Oh wait, it's 40k, because there's also a candle there!
nLvHlAd.jpg

Need some light when you open the hatch? Put a candle there - because it's GrimDark in the underhive!
RlJd3yd.jpg

And more Silo candle fun!

7e0CbLG.jpg

So this is the pile of MDF terrain I'll be tackling next. Lots of work to do, but with an airbrush, molotow markers and some masking tape, it's going to be less work than it looks. Still a lot of work, though... ;)
H0scMP3.jpg

In the meantime, my buddy Minh made me this wanted poster - I increased the bounty on my rival Necromunda player's top Champion Bo Duke to 150 credits if killed (either by rolling a 66 on the serious injury table or a 1 at the doc....
97U3rIS.png

I hope you enjoyed this meagre update, and would love to read your comments!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Cheers, bro!

@ teku: Tons of stuff! Bearing children comes to mind, but there's other stuff too. ;)

@ Reyner: Go for it! It's not too convoluted, but you will need to pin the crap out of it. :tu:

Fantastic terrain again! And it so grimdark too! I love the addition of the candles and hope you paint oak around their flame.

Also love you putting out a hit for a rival champ. That’s so great on many levels.