++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Damn. I get distracted away for a week or so and come back to a flood of awesome.

So many good models and the two cinder guys really look the part.

The combination of skitari and greatswords work really well now we need to see some paint. Mind the speed you can crank out paint jobs I'm sure I'll blink and they'll all be done.

Wow, Augustus! You're definitely on the roll :)

Iron guilders are great - simple, but with lot's of character. More in the steam-punk setting perhaps, but that only adds character in my book.

The Mercator is fantastic too. Brooding and serious. No number can pass him unnoticed ;)

The Cynders are nice as well. Braziers on folding arms... This is so hilarious, I like it :D Imagine a congregation of those guys extending them in unison like banners during some pyro-ritual! The braziers, crazy heads and long coats really define them. Axes seem a neutral thing, but they are big which is good and I like them.

Really nice job overall :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Augie, I am just in love with all these current Necro projects you're doing. Every model is fantastic and the range of bitz you're using is staggering. I think you're going to be hard-pressed to beat that Water Guild but the Fire Guild is looking like it'll get there.

MOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMORE!

Cheers guys!

I did finish the Prometheum Guild's Pyrocaen Lord. First, a couple pics of the entire Prometheum Guild Representative Party in WIP:
f6rqhKt.jpg

Aaaand complete pictures of the entire guild:

Pyrocaen Lord:
ivS4kyc.jpg

ddnDqvV.jpg

OEHQefe.jpg

GtNT4qC.jpg

vZLvTty.jpg

oesf6Mb.jpg

bp4HcbY.jpg

TcTIoLx.jpg

3wwNY5X.jpg

I hope you like him!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ BadgersinHills: Cheers buddy! Yeah the Locus is great - I bought another one because it has as much potential as the Nurgle Lord in terms of conversions. About the baseball bat hitting you in the face: push back, hold fast, and plow through, buddy! It'll get better!

@ noigrim: Haha thanks buddy, I appreciate it. 

@ hushrong: Yeah that's the intend behing the Master of Coin for sure. Swiss guard are cool, eh?!

@ Mechanist: Welcome back to the thunderdome, buddy! You knwo me, when I roll, I roll! :D ;) 

@ Majhel: Braziers on foling arms make total sense, no!? t's so ridiculous it just fits the 40k grimdark craziness so well. I loved the idea when I thunk it up and I'm pleased with how they turned out. I'll post painted pics soon!

@ Kriegsmacht: Hey buddy! Welcome back! Holding back has never really been my thing, so they're gonna score 'Swiss Guard' on the scale of Fat Elvis to Liberace. 

@ PowerHungryMonkey: Ha! I'll take that pepsi challenge! Wait ill you see them painted!

Cheers, guys! For the monthly celebratory day of INQ28th, I have completed the Master of Coin for my Necormundan Coin Guild, better known as the Mercator Gelt. Behold!

xIXS2zo.jpg

77DE7Ld.jpg

9kOL47f.jpg

jfiwYAk.jpg

UMTmw11.jpg

4ZGo3Qs.jpg

ql2h0Ba.jpg

I hope you like him!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Hey buddy! Long time no see! Good to hear from you - what's up, are you active here again? Dennis Hopper is not what i was going for, but I see what you mean, totally!

@ BadgersinHills: Of course, buddy, we're all pals here. Big ups! :tu:

@ Mendi Warrior: Thank a lot, mate. That's kind of you to say. The greatswords bits mix is not my idea, though - it's a trick I picked up from the INQ28 community. 

Lovely stuff all round. I saw your question on the Master of Coin's head – mind if I ask where the other (Kenobi-esque) option came from?

The painting's really nice – a lovely muted palette. The purple and cream go well together, and there's enough variety between the bone, scroll, skin and similar light values to help them read. 

Another finished guilder, this time the Pyromagir Guild Factotum of the Prometheum Guild (here's the WIP pics)!

kZHW29x.jpg

bcl6VNV.jpg

Xqui5J9.jpg

Wpu8xhu.jpg

I gotta say, using that Kharadron Overlord/Dwarf body as a base for what is basically a stocky human was a lot of fun - so much so that I went and bought the €20 Thundrik's Proviteers set - that's a cheap-o source of funky bits right there. 

I'd love to know what you think of them. Let me know!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Freakshow668: haha thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you, Bjorn!

@ apologist: Ooooh that's a loooong time since I've seen you around these here parts, buddy! Thanks for checkin in! Are you still working on that fabulous truescale project with Doghouse?

@ BadgersinHills: Thank you Badgers!

The Promethium Guild member looks appropriately aggressive, as befits a fiery spirit. Excellent work.

Whose skulls burn in his brazier? Does the guild put the skulls of those who died in its service in the brazier, to honor its "martyrs"? Does it harvest skulls from enemies killed in battle, to intimidate those still living? Is the burning meant to invoke protection from ancestral spirits (if the skulls are that of guild members) or to ward off evil spirits (if the skulls are that of enemies)?

Cheers, Bjorn! Regardign the many questions you had about the origin and purpose of the skulls in the brazier - the answer to all of them is yes, and no. No-one really knows the origin of the skulls, just that despite the factotum always vcarrying with him the brazier, never do the skulls seem to blacken - which leads many to believe that they are never the same as the previous time they dealt with the guild. None dare ask about the origin, and so it remains a secret, adding to the mystery and fear surrounding the guilders. 

With that being said, here's the last two members of the Prometheum Guild, the Cynders!
dFMjpeG.jpg

and individual round-about pics:
s5dIZbS.jpg

xw0bhDo.jpg

eihch8M.jpg

ucIT6R7.jpg

9ymM2AQ.jpg

tN7ejXr.jpg

KJGI4sW.jpg

sWY8YTx.jpg

That's it! That's all I have for today. I hope you like them. We will meet again, until then, take it easy. :D

Let me know what you think, I'm happy to hear your C&C.

Cheers

Again, amazing work on the Master of Coin and the Pyros. Was looking at the Cynders tho and thought "why don't they have hand flamers?" (maybe should have mentioned that before the painting stage...) No matter. Awesome regardless. The Underhive is a little brighter with them around :happy.:

Again, amazing work on the Master of Coin and the Pyros. Was looking at the Cynders tho and thought "why don't they have hand flamers?" (maybe should have mentioned that before the painting stage...) No matter. Awesome regardless. The Underhive is a little brighter with them around :happy.:

Cheers, buddy! - The reason they don't have hand flamers is because they don't have those in the rules. Hand flamers are CRAZY good in Necromunda, though, so it's probably for the best. The Guild Representative parties don't actually add rating to your guild's power level, while the average points cost of each, boiled down, comes down to about 500 credits. Giving the Cynders both hand flamers would add another 130 on that. Given that the average gang size in a campaign lies around 1700 credits, we don't want the already crazy poweful Guilders to add more imbalance to the game. But fluff-wise, and totally see your point. ;)   

Beautiful work.

Thanks, freaky!

Good job on the Cynders. I admit I'm disappointed their axes didn't have hoses leading to the promethium tanks on their backs, i.e , that they weren't wielding flamers with ax blades fixed like bayonets, allowing the Cynders to break down walls with the axes and then roast those the walls once sheltered with the attached flamers.

Cheers guys, I'll answer below the following pics.

I finished the Grovellers for the Chain Guild as well. These were some of the first conversions I did for my Necromunda Guilds project - made by some of the very last finecast warrior priest GWs ever sold - I bought them when they went Last Chance to Buy. I kick myself in the face for not buying more of them. d'Oh!

Anyway, here's pictures:
4690Twf.jpg

More pics behind the Hidden brackets:

Hidden Content

hDWNnX8.jpg

7t3SXPD.jpg

zNOhF9T.jpg

5jwV8Ft.jpg

And the second one:

XxMcUzd.jpg

More pics behind the hidden brackets:

Hidden Content

Lvhpmhc.jpg

j6PUviQ.jpg

1UrJO64.jpg

MmRKvMR.jpg

I hope you dig them! Let me know what you think in some comments - it's what keeps this forum (and this thread) going. Which reminds me to put my money where my mouth is and visit some other threads. Sorry guys.

Cheers

Replies:

@ hushrong: Eh, I try. I find that now that I am posting these things one at a time instead of side by side in a three-pics-in-one format, it really brings out the flaws in my skill rainge. It's kinda humbling to see your work so bog and thus so flawed. :sad.::smile.:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: I am sorry to disappoint! Although truth be told: as I wrote in my reply to the same critique by PowerHungryMonkey a couple comments back, the rules for these guys specifically say: axes and laspistols OR clubs and laspistols. No flamers mentioned. And for good reason, because flamers, even hand flamers, are INSALNELY good in Necromunda. And these guys cost NO credits. So giving them any kind of blaze weapon would be totally ridiculous in terms of balance. So.... :tongue.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Good job on the Grovellers. Considering the name has negative- and downright insulting- connotations, may I ask what purpose they serve in the Chain Guild? Are they diplomats the guild sends to "grovel" before important backers, in order to win financial and other support for the guild, as the chests chained to their backs indicate? "Grovel" before the God-Emperor or the Ministorum priests who are His representatives on Necromunda, to win indulgences for the guild members (i.e., deliver bribes to the priests, who'll then convince the Arbites to "look the other way" or "let them off the hook" regarding crimes the guild members commit)?