++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

• 2 months later...

I live indeed. Man I don't think I've ever been away this long. Work is drowning me. Promotions are great and all, but they do drain your hobby time. Hell, I barely have any me tmie at all these days! The only reason I'm posting this is that the missus has an eveninng shift lol

Anyhoo.

Morty is finished!

Pictures:

QocsEBu.jpg

butGfw6.jpg

MT5kNhC.jpg

BQ73JiS.jpg

And detail shots:

04Lb07M.jpg

YwTBuTb.jpg

YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK!?!?
Bl7IbzH.jpg

HN0w2Ta.jpg

Y0HPTWB.jpg

i4ifFOi.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as I have enjoyed painting this guy. 

I loved it.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Gederas: Cheers! I hope you like him!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: My thanks, oh he who comments oft.

@ BadgersinHills: Go for it. Contrast paints are certainly the be all and end all, but they have a place in any painter's collection. Mixing them with lahmian medium produces a glaze-like paint that is excellent!

• 1 month later...

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone!

So... a while ago, I managed to get my hand on the McFarlance Assault Intercessor. 

It's already painted, and it's a loyalist. 

wZkgCeM.jpg

It's truly a remarkable piece of toy technology - the amount of articulation in the figure is amazing. So I took it apart. 
KB9b5WN.jpg

And decided to turn it into a Khorne Berzerker. I've been working on this project for the last couple of weeks but failed to post any updates here, so I figured I should really post some on the B&C to share it with my old online buddies. 

I thought about how to approach it on and off for a couple of weeks, and then remembered that I had a Lord of Skulls chainaxe in my bits box. That sparked a massive drive, which I failed to share here. So I will for what's still to come and here's a montage of what I've already done:

Turns out, the chainaxe is not the only bit from the Lord of Skulls kit that is pretty much to scale:
A1nJoSt.jpg

Besides the chainaxe, also the vambrace and a piece that fit the backpack perfectly. I also sawd off the backpack exhausts and connected them back to the backpack with an armature, which would serve as something to sculpt the backpack 'arms' reminiscent of the classic chaos backpacks.
XMjN7pu.jpg

I then cut off the front of the helmet and created a grille using plasticard and plastic rods, as well as a bionix eye.
wOFp4Pi.jpg

Removed the ridiculous Imperial Aquila and added trim to the legs.
st64Wr3.jpg

Added plasticard suports to the pauldrons and scupted on details to make them look as MkIII pauldrons - with skulls from the Citadel Skull pack for studs!
RT8qhqv.jpg

And then I started finishing many of the details, like the mouth grille and the bionix eye. I also added a Ogor gut plate to act as a World Eaters Legion Symbol on his chest. 
7U3BKr3.jpg

That's it for now! I hope you like it! Let me know what you think so far, and I promise to share more about this project in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Replies:

@ Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you!

@ BadgersinHills: Repose? Mortarion can actually be constructed in one of two ways - with lantern in his right adn the manreaper in his right, and vice versa! It's an excellent piece of kit!

@ Gederas: Yeah.... I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I have so little hobby time I'd rather spend it actually hobbying then putting in the time to share my limited progress. Is two months the cut off time to make a thread go in zombie mode? 

@ Urauloth: hehehe I get your meaning! ;) :P Also, welcome to my thread! Never seen you post here before. :)

@ Majkhel: Yeah man, thanks! It was a joy to paint for sure. I will admit that I'm quite tired of painting Death Guard - I've painted over 10.000 points of them in 2 years, so it's maybe time for a change?

Now this is an update! :tu: Very nice start. I'm guessing the bulbous areas of trim on the legs will be cut to shape?

And I think three months is when a thread is considered dead/necromancy'd if anyone other than the original thread maker posts in it :P

I've been following the Berzerker on Instagram, but it's nice to see all the pics in one place. Absolutely love the skull studs on the pad rims, feels very 2nd ed Chaos Codex somehow.

Dragonlover

Hello peeps! Did some more work on the World Eater - a ring of greenstuff around the world eater symbol, I cut out the spiky trim on the chins, added rivets, and put a press-molded khornate rune on the right knee... 

It's just the helmet's ear-pieces and the backpack left to do. I'm still waiting for an Etsy order with ten 1/10th scale skulls. They'll be added with chain and on spikes on his backpack. Muhahaha

dXOilCI.jpg

kDMbkYw.jpg

eu9n43d.jpg

V4Tc7qc.jpg

I hope you like him!

Cheers

Replies:

@ Gederas: They will and they have been! I see about the buried thread mechanic. It's simply impossible for me with a new job and a 1-year old in the house to keep up with my hobby activity of ages past... :wink:

@ Dragonlover:  Yeah baby! That was the inspiration!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: MANLY EFFORTS, EH? :biggrin.:

@ Kriegsmacht: Yeah man, grills for the win. Luckily the grilled regular marine helmets fit on primaris bodies. 

@ Dosjetka: You look a bit silly! :tongue.: Seriously though: I am aware of it and did it on purpose. Remember chaos helmet grills are always bigger!
409cc47569f0ab4a4fab81a3a7e65cee.jpg

@ Sagentus: SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

@ Gederas: Cheers!

@ Bjorn Firewalker: SILENCE, YOU COWARD!! RANGED WEAPONRY IS FOR COWARDS AND WEAKLINGS!! ONLY UP CLOSE CAN ONE LET THE BLOOD OF ONE'S OPPONENTS FLOW IN KHORNE'S NAME!!! TO COLLECT SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE ONE HAS NEED ONLY FOR THE AXE AND THE SWORD!! ONLY IN KHORNE'S NAME SHALL WE DO BATTLE, ONLY FOR HE WHO RAGES SHALL WE SPILL BLOOD, ONLY FOR THE SKULL THRONE SHALL WE WALLOW IN GORE!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!! KILL MAIM BURN!!!!    

Well said, Augustus. By the way, does the World Eater remind anyone else of Death's Head?

World Eater (literally cutting his way through an Ultramarines company): "I am Death's Head, a freelance peacekeeping agent. I bring peace, in the Blood God's name, yes?"

Ultramarines CAPT (staring in disbelief as his men die): "How can you call such base butchery 'peacekeeping'?!"

World Eater: "I bring the peace of the grave. The Blood God appreciates the tranquility to be found there, yes?"

Khârn (shooting the distracted Ultramarines CAPT in the back): "Well said, Brother Death's Head!"

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

That big (!) Berserker is looking absolutely epic! Great in the different poses, swinging the weapons around. That's a fun thing you don't normally get to do with the regular mini's (unless it's with bluetac testing poses).The bits you've used have really worked. Very impressed with the greenstuff, it's very accurate and professional, especially at this scale with nowhere to hide. Very ambitious project but you are (butchers) nailing it!

Looking great!! Adore your conversion of the kit. I've missed this thread. :) 

And wishing you a happy new year! Hope you and the family are doing well. 

@ BadgersinHills: Repose? Mortarion can actually be constructed in one of two ways - with lantern in his right adn the manreaper in his right, and vice versa! It's an excellent piece of kit!

Ah, I just realised a few days ago that Mortarion had two build options! Feel a tad bit brainless now hah. :blush.: :blush.: