++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

W00T! Two more Primaris Khorne Berserkers finished!

PhBeVj6.jpg

ZEJ3j6X.jpg

And I've build two more to compensate for the loss of grey plastic!

oN0DG7D.jpg

rwvFWEQ.jpg

I LOVE this project - my hobby juices haven't flowed like this in over a year or so. 

I hope it is to your satisfaction as well. Let me know! :D

Cheers

Replies:

@ Dwango: Yeah man, steal away! It's just Ulthuan Grey with Liquitex White Ink edge highlighting. Simple enough! The large world eater is almost finished - I have to do something about his backpack and I am still waiting for some 3d Printed resin parts for him. 

@ Pearson73: Hehoooo thanks! Yeah the old school paint job fits well with the baroque armour, eh?

@ Bjorn Firewalker: MOAR bloodstains added!

@ Shovellovin: Well good chance they'll have those dynamic poses, because GW is on a roll with those new plastic marine poses. The Blue is Kantor Blue with Alaitoc Blue highlights. 

@ Dragonlover: It works pretty decent, wouldn't you agree? :)

@ Chaeron: Hey dude! Long time to see here! Great to see you again! I have no idea who Zardu Layak is - care to enlighten me? 

@ Gederas: Well I do have a secret painting weapon nowadays - one of those magnifying glases you can wear on your forehead. It's fricking great!

@ Brother Dalto: Welcome to the thread man! It's been going since '14, so catch up quickly ;) 

@ Mechanist: Yeah baby! Great to see you here still alive and kicking too!

I LOVE this project - my hobby juices haven't flowed like this in over a year or so. 

I hope it is to your satisfaction as well. Let me know! :biggrin.:

Your work has always been great, but I feel there's an elegance in the simplicity of using the Primaris bodies as base that the AoS-based models didn't have. It could also be that it matches really well with an early Heresy aesthetic; without centuries of chaos warping the armor to more baroque forms. They look crisp. Regardless, I love it.

@ Mechanist: Yeah baby! Great to see you here still alive and kicking too!

Yup, Ironically just before reading this I scored the '8 Fold path' achievement in Warframe for smashing things with my rocket hammer. Which I think is a sign to come and check back up on your progress and probably to stop playing so many computer games and get some painting done.

Or maybe just a hint that their is amazing things to see here because that's two fantastic additions to both the painted unit and also your wip shelf. It's nice to see that those 'classic' bunny helmets work well with all those new bits. 

Oh hell yeah! You picked up your World Eaters again, and I returned to my Word Bearers! 

Chaos Gang is back at it, boys!!!

Really digging the work so far, man. Your painting skills certainly haven't gotten rusty in the time since your last works. 

HEYOOOO

Finished two more Khorne Berzerkers! 

Just a regular old berzerker...

kKlhRTv.jpg

...and an Icon Bearer!
3H5tLyF.jpg

I've also build two more dudes:

Another 'normal'  zerker...zWncRhq.jpg

...and an Aspiring Champion!
TQUliUs.jpg

Do you like this? I sure do. I've also gotten my hands on some 3D printed alternate weapons for my McFarlane Khorne Berzerker - which I will use. More on that soon.
lyt38aF.jpg

Lemme know what you think!

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Brother Dallo: Cheers buddy! But that icon is a 3d printed part by Pop Goes the Monkey so I cannot take credit. 

@ jaxom: Ah I know what you're getting at and I think I agree, yeah :)

@ Sagentus: Awwwww dude that sucks! Maybe you could paint something?

@ Mechanist: Playing fewer computer games is always a good thing, and I do not know what you meant with that achievement, but good on you! 

@ Noctus Cornix: No man, I picked up some new World Eaters! This is going to be a completely new army, and I will be repainting a lot of World Eater stuff I painted earlier. 

The is nothing plain about that dude her rocks. Another great addition. How close are you to a full 8 man squad?

@ Mechanist: Playing fewer computer games is always a good thing, and I do not know what you meant with that achievement, but good on you! 

The achievement was for doing a mission only using melee and I fairly certain its a 40k Easter egg to the 8 fold path of Khorne I think I basically finished that mission and shortly after came to the boards and saw your stuff. Like the game was directing me to the path of the blood god (or more likely a silly coincidence) 

Wow, I really love the small details on those zerkers, like the ropes in the skulls to hold them to chains, and I need to fine those pins you use for the chain endings!

Jaxom up top said it: they look crisp. The primaris armor is imposing and spartan in details, along with the pre-hersey scheme its a perfect match.

You've inspired me to bash up more berserker conversions myself (mostly from older kits though)

• 1 month later...

I've been perusing the entire thread over the last couple of weeks, and I have to say it's really impressive following the progression of your work. Your current projects are looking absolutely wonderful - can't wait to see where you take things from here!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to you, my dudes and dudettes! 

I've been a naughty boy and went and finished five more berzerkers and didn't post them individually here. But I'll make up for it with a photo bomb of all five, then a picture of the rehelmeting of the first one, a group shot of the first - now finished - squad of ten berzerkers, some pics of my first finished Venomcrawler, and a WIP shot of the second Venomcrawler! 

So, ready? Here we go!

This first guy is half-way through possession, and I tried to show that by giving him some possessed bits, but let his face bare to show that he was still mostly (genhanced)human. I wanted to congrast his fall to chaos with a reference to his loyalist days, so I gave him an imperial eagle breast plate. 
7yuwfB2.jpg

This second guy Is a bog bad meany. I used the arm and chainaxe from a Goliath Stimmer, and the fantastic skull half-bare helmets from the primaris range. 

CXNgPpe.jpg

This one is among my favourites. His helmet is from Pop Goes the Monkey, his chainsword is from the raptor kit, and his chainaxe is the champion from the Chaos Space Marine kit.

OC1yNfb.jpg

Another bits mix - combining very old helmet and CSM pouches with newer weapons. Plus the hand trophy nailed to his pauldron. Gotta love it.

RI2HuUb.jpg

Finally, we have the champion of the lot. His helmet and the axe 'blade' are from the old zerker kit, while the power fist is from the new assault intercessors kit. The right pauldronm is the old CSM kit, and the left pauldron is a FW MkIII Legion pauldron. 

QoZmwA4.jpg

Also, I wasn't really satisfied with the tester miniature for the new khorne force, so I went and put a Khorne Blood Warriors helmet's crest on a plastic MkIII helmet. Much better, wouldn't you agree?
Fnqa4EN.jpg

Sooooo, that's ten done - and that deserves a group shot!!
QLYQBOo.jpg

Boom baby! One unit of the 2000 points force done, 13 more to go!

Oh wait no, I already finished this first venomcrawler! 
e4LBMEa.jpg

It's bog standard. And as you might know, I really don't like standard models - especially duplicates. They're a nono. But, I have three venomcrawlers in my 2000 points list and they're monopose kits. So I decided to do some conversion work on my second one. Here's WIP pictures of it.

Ug3rsZ2.jpg

If you're familiar with the Venomcrawler miniature you'll notice that I swapped around the two rear legs from left to right and vice versa, and I raised his right frontal claw and lowered his left one so it is the frontal supporting leg. Additionally, I replaced the weird mouthed chaos stars with greenstuff pressmolds of the khornate rune that can be found on the vambrace of the Lord of Skulls axe arm. I also exchanged his body's trophy rack with that of the Chaos Vehicle Kit, and the head crest with a greenstuff pressmold of that of a Juggernaut. Also, I replaced the mechadendrites with greenstuff rollered ones with claws from a spare lightning claw. Pretty nifty, wouldn't you agree?

Soooo, I guess that's it, picture wise. I guess I could also share the Khornate CSM list I settled on for a future 9th 2000 points tournament. I always work better with goals, and lists are perfect goals. It gives you a very clear path of which units and which weapon loadouts you can build, and within those restrains you cand o whatever you want. It works for me!

Here's the list:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heretic Astartes Spearhead Detachment ( 3CP - 1998PT )
Pre-game Stratagems: Red Butchers (2CP)
SUB-FACTION: World Eaters

:HQ:  HQ
WARLORD: Lord Discordant on Helstalker (200) Baleflamer
MARK OF CHAOS: Khorne
TRAITS: Unholy Fortitude
RELICS: Talisman of Burning Blood

Lord Discordant on Helstalker (195) 

:Troops:  TROOPS
Khorne Berzerkers (163)
1x Berzerker Champion: Lightning claw, Lightning claw
1x Khorne Berzerker: Chainaxe, Icon of Wrath
6x Khorne Berzerker: Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers (163)
1x Berzerker Champion: Power fist

Khorne Berzerkers (163)
1x Berzerker Champion: Lightning claw, Lightning claw

:FA:  DEDICATED TRANSPORT (I know, I know, technically that's the Fast Attack rune. But these make the zerkers go fasta!! Plus, otherwise the format was ruined.) 
Chaos Rhino (80) 

Chaos Rhino (80) 

Chaos Rhino (80) 

:Elite:  ELITES
Greater Possessed (65) 

Terminators (254)
1x Terminator: Lightning claw, Icon of Wrath
1x Terminator Champion: 2x Lightning claw
2x Terminator: Combi-melta, Lightning claw
2x Terminator: Combi-plasma, Lightning claw
2x Terminator: Lightning claw

:HS:  HEAVY SUPPORT
Havocs (165)
1x Aspiring Champion: Boltgun
4x Havoc: Reaper chaincannon

Venomcrawler (130) 

Venomcrawler (130) 

Venomcrawler (130) 

Total Command Points: 5/12
Reinforcement Points: 2
Total Points: 1998/2000
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The plan is basically to have the Havocs/Teeth of Khorne sit back on an objective while shooting the hell out of infantry, while the daemon engines run up and kill stuff, and the berzerkers conquer and hopefully hold objectives on the midfield. The warlord, even though he cannot hide, will hopefully survive long enough because of Unholy Fortitude and getting that turn one charge of because of the Talisman of Burning Blood. 

What do you think? Of all of it, basically... 

Cheers!

Replies!

@ Mechanist: I'm done filling an 8-man squad! Coincidence does not exist. It was Khorne directing you from the game to my stuff. For sure. #BFTBG

@ Syrakul: The pins on the endings are just 1mm glass microbeads you can find on eBay for like $2 for a million of them. Also: go for it! Glad I inspired you man. Thanks for telling me that - it's the greatest motivator!

@ guardian31: Haha I have a treat in store for you! Remind me of it and I'll post it next time!

@ Sagentus: Hey buddy! Glad you frequent these here parts too, still. ONE MILLION VIEWS!! 
9VXGEjL.jpg

@ BadgersinHills: Cheers buddy! Thanks for the continued support, even though I frequent the board less with my decreased productivity and the lure of instagram. 

@ Mr. Oddity: Hey man! Welcome to my thread! Never seen you comment here, and I always welcome new followers. Thanks for commenting! It's what keeps this thread - and my motivation - going!]

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Nice work changing up that second Venomcrawler, the legs swaps change the profile quite a bit and those khornate symbols will be fun to paint.

I really like the variety of parts used across the berserkers too, the gore is also done well, kept well balanced.

Very nice update, Aug!
I really like your World Eaters - so good to see them in their original colours. And if you indeed add some War Hounds' inverted scheme here and there, it will be awesome! Sandy (arena ;) ) bases really work well with them too.

Venomcrawler in these colours also is really something you don't see often - well done. Cant't wait to see the secon one done too. Very nice changes on it, btw.

Man, these new dudes look ace. And don't feel too bad about not being here as much, I've been suffering from Power Armour burnout* a bit, so I can understand that. Still, quality over quantity and all of these are just pure, unadulterated quality.

*Not helped by my FLGS being Space Marines, Bigger Space Marines, Spikey Space Marines, Gold Super Space Marines, Dusty Space Marines and Dark Eldar. That and I've gotten the AoS bug for Soulblight Gravelords, which has been eating up all my painting time recently ...

Edited by Gederas

Cheers guys and gals!

The second Venomcrawler is done. Behold!

xzn2bL5.jpg

Aaaand so there were two. I've made a couple pictures of them next to each other, to show how a simple swap of the hind legs from left to right and the re-positioning of both front legs really creates a different profile to the crawlers. Check it out:

nXZRxku.jpg

xgz0V61.jpg

1TfvhBp.jpg

So there you go! 

Next up I'll be working on the Havoc squad - known as the Teeth of Khorne. Devotees to Khorne who spill blood from afar with a blistering hail of bullets instead of with blades up close. WIP pics to follow.

Cheers!

Replies:

@ Krakendoomcool: That's great to hear man! I think this thread isn't by far the most often looked at thread on this board, but it's definitely with the highest scorers. Can;t believe it myself actually. I remember the day I started posting - back in February of 2014, I believe - thinking 'Oh man, nobody cares about my crap'. Never thought it'd be so rewarding to share stuff in a community of people with the same interests.

@ Pearson73: Thanks man. Yeah it works pretty well, no? It's super easy too - all I had to really do was make a greenstuff blob and smooth it with the loosened tentacles on the belly - but you don't even see that parts that much. If I hadn't done it, I don't think people would have noticed it haha! | About the zerkers: thanks - yeah I like to mix up stuff for sure. Although now that I've seen so many other zerkers adn gotten a ton more inspiration, I definitely will do more on the second and third squads. 

@ Majkhel: Well I really got inspired by Kizzdougs' recently posted contemptor - who did it in its original Warhounds scheme, i.e. inverted Blue and White. I'ma gonna do some of the squads and vehicles in those colours for sure!!

@ BadgersinHills: Cheers, buddy!

@ Gederas: Power Armour Burnout.....! Haha well I certainly do not know how that feels. The necromunda dudes and dudettes I did last year where the first non-space marine army I did in over 20 years haha! I just cannot stop building space marines. But I get it if all your opponents also have power armour. Also, about what you're saying about quality over quantity: in all honesty: I must constantly force myself not to GO FASTA on these. It's just in my nature to speedpaint. 

@ Scribe: Cheers buddy! Have you posted in this thread before? I can't remember. If so, welcome back  -and if not: welcome to the thread! If you haven't already found it; the first post of the thread has an index so as to make it easier to find things.

@ Doghouse: Cheers! Dude, if you are looking for awesome truescale MkII, MkIII and MkIV bodies, I know a guy who made fantastic original sculpts. 

That was super-fast! Nicely done, just don't make the bugs too uniform in colours ;)

Cheers guys and gals!
Next up I'll be working on the Havoc squad - known as the Teeth of Khorne. Devotees to Khorne who spill blood from afar with a blistering hail of bullets instead of with blades up close. WIP pics to follow.

@ Majkhel: Well I really got inspired by Kizzdougs' recently posted contemptor - who did it in its original Warhounds scheme, i.e. inverted Blue and White. I'ma gonna do some of the squads and vehicles in those colours for sure!!

Hah, with that name for the Havocs, I immediately got an image of them spitting teeth, sorry :D

I was making a reference exactly to your post in the mentioned (AWESOME) Kizzdougs' thread.
Carry on, good work :thumbsup: