Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread// Started THIRD World Eater Army p235

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
5881 replies to this topic

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Hmm, I somehow wish I hadn't given you all those golden nuggets of advice, because now your 'zerkers actually look way cooler than my own o_O

Seriously, though: You're too kind! And those models are amazing, as expected. Don't just blow your entire load of bitz yet, though, because a care package is on its way from the blasted plains of Jhermani to the Hive Slums of Amsterdam msn-wink.gif

Oh, one small thing, though: Make sure to swap in a different head or two: Great as those Skullcrusher helmets are, they also seem a bit "expressionless", for lack of a better word. And you'll have to include at least one bareheaded guy -- don't worry, though: I've got you covered ;)

EDIT: Must-see update on the prior page!

Edited by KrautScientist, 14 January 2015 - 11:30 PM.

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines

Oh man, those 'Zerkers are killer. The Skullcrusher heads really work for anything Khorne, I may have to buy a box of 'em. Can't wait to see them painted up. 

-Tarvick

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,963 posts

GREAT looking World Eaters - such movement. And Rage. Lots of Rage furious.gif

Nice work thumbsup.gif

bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP
Tutorial:Glowing Eyes/Power Weapons
Index Astartes:Flesh Eaters

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 717 posts
  • Faction: White Scars / World Eaters

Would've thought Mk3 was too bulky and clumsy looking, but it just serves hulking brutality rather nicely !

puTG7ZS.pngh1kLNHW.pngl1KOZAI.png

"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. Other Stuff on the Side - WIP

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

Thanks guys for the encouragement. Today I did some work on a third berzerker.

Indeed, the MkIII armoured legs add that little bit of -as oldschoolsoviet called it- hulking brutality to the berzerkers. Unfortunately I only have tons of these right-foot-in-front running leg pairs:

WP_20150115_006_zps0a6d165a.jpg

And only one of the left-foot-in-front running leg pairs. The reason for this is that FW sold the original MkIII set with two poses, namely 3-2 mix of running and standing legs, while the more recent 'Legion' MkIII set has five different poses, only one of which is running. 

So, I decided to try and repose the right-foot-in-front runners. This is my first attempt.

KhorneBerzerker4_zpsbc84b78c.jpg

Thoughts? Feedback really welcome!

Replies:

@KrautScientist: haha you're totally right. My OCD mind wants uniformity, while my chaotic heart wants CHAOS! So the guy above got a different head. I'm looking forward to receiving the FW World Eater chaos kit though. AND to you care package...

@Tarvick: Cheers buddy! I totally agree those heads look awesome. I might buy a box of the skullcrushers and just use them as bikers...

@Midnight Runner: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! indeed. :D

@oldschoolsoviet: I know right? I love those MkIII legs. They just convey this unstoppable force kind of things. I've used them on all my heavy weapon guys too. Take a looksee in my showcase here, here , and especially here for those. :) 

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

That looks pretty sweet!

Just a little change in position did wonders for making him look more unique. It makes it look like he's lunging forward to bury that chain axe in some poor bastard. 

Plus that tabard is the business. 

Edited by Flint13, 15 January 2015 - 03:01 PM.

"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,369 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

I like him =) the tabard looks (suprisingly) good on a 'zerker :Q can't wait to see him painted :P

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,022 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

I'm gonna be honest here, man... this is the first time I haven't been blown away by your work.

KhorneBerzerker4_zpsbc84b78c.jpg

I'm not even sure how this guy is supposed to be moving with his legs and torso in this position. The left leg needs have the shin and foot separated and repositioned, twisting the shin to the figure's left(our right, looking at the middle photo), and the foot rotated until it sits flat. Almost the same thing needs to be done with the right leg, twisting it more to his left and repositioning the foot.

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts

Ha! Well, thanks for your honesty!

I was wondering if I should retake the picture because he was skewed a little to the right when I took the picture. But as that was more a positioning issue than about pose, I let it go. But then I read you comment and took a better look. And you're totally right. So I fixed it. I sawed through his knee-joint and through his ankle and reposed them using superglue and some 1:1 mix of milliput and grey stuff.

What do you think of it now? Thanks for keeping me sharp :tu:

WP_20150116_014_zpsfe97d307.jpg

• Brother Chaplain Kage and Argent aquila like this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

To me the right(rear) leg looks like it is being dragged along, rather than pushing off of anything.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Argent aquila

Argent aquila

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts
  • Faction: Tundaran Knights

man, i'm always REALLY scared to do cuts like that! wacko.png

kudos for the effort, it'll pay off big! biggrin.png

Tundaran Knights WIP Thread

http://www.bolterand...d-small-update/

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,022 posts

Ha! Well, thanks for your honesty!

What do you think of it now?

Much better! For a running pose, the right leg still looks a bit off, but now it looks more like a fighting/combat stance. :)

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Yeah, it looks to me like he is leaning back into his rear foot getting ready to receive a charge, now that I look again.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
  • Faction: Crimson fists and a small amount of Imperial fits
Wow.....fantastic work brother, lovely modelling and painting

Really capturing the NL's look
"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts

Another Khorne Berzerker. The legs where made from reposed classic MkIII running legs.

KhorneBerzerker5_zps65c39d18.jpg

Hope you like, C&C welcome smile.png

Replies!

@Teetengee:  The intent is that he's lunging, he's just made a step forward, his axe is half-way through the swing, so he still needs some forward momentum- hence the right foot, with which he will momentarily push off. msn-wink.gif

@Argent aquila: Cheers. A very thin hobby saw does wonders. 

@Chaplain Cage: He's till lunging msn-wink.gif Thanks again for the feedback. 

@Teetengee2: Nope, still forward momentum, just getting his balance off his right foot. msn-wink.gif

@Grizzly_bear: Thanks mate. The last couple of infantry dudes are World Eaters though. biggrin.png

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 17 January 2015 - 02:37 PM.

• Lexington, Combat_Vet, Forté and 4 others like this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

This latest one is absolutely stunning -- love the relatively relaxed - dare I say contemplative - pose, the choice of head and the dangling chain and skull! One thing that will probably only become important later: I'd suggest adding some gravel and other basing material around the Marine helmet, since characters only balanced on a curved helmet with one leg can end up looking slightly silly.

Anyway, these are shaping up into something very awesome! Great job!

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,390 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
Dammit Augustus. Your modelling hits the spot far too often.

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,661 posts
  • Faction: Orks!

Love this last guy. Great pose and a very unexpected facial choice, but it works.

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Noctem Cultor

Noctem Cultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts

More awesome work. Your attention to detail is unrelenting.

Edited by Noctem Cultor, 17 January 2015 - 10:20 PM.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,035 posts

Thanks guys! I finished the first two of the 'zerkers today. What do you think?

Berzerker1_zps869cb0f8.jpg

Berzerker2_zps33de5be5.jpg

Replies:

@KrautScientist: Thanks for the encouragement and the advice (again). Will do with the gravel. thumbsup.gif

@Forte: As is your painting, buddy.msn-wink.gif

@Lexington: Cheers mate - that face *is* kinda regal no?

@Noctem Cultor: Thanks NC, glad you like it biggrin.png

EDIT: I now see the dreadful glare in the pics. Sorry about that. I'll invest in new daylight lamps for my lightbox - I broke my current lamps last week, hence the new photo-setup... Also: dat mold line... OUCH!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 18 January 2015 - 08:51 PM.

• Forté, KrautScientist, GrandMagnus and 4 others like this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts

Excellent work on the first two models, but you should know me by now: I can get really picky when it comes to World Eaters ;)

- I know I actively lobbied for less Skullcrusher helmets, but due to the helmet swap, the first guy doesn't really read as a World Eater any longer -- or maybe it's just me? Anyway, for an ideal outcome, you should have added some bunny ears to the helmet -- but I realise that I am probably too critical here

- you may want to go a little easier on the glowing eyes, though -- especially if there are no eyes to speak of ;) I realise that you want to visually tie them together with your Lord of Skulls, but maybe the blunt visors of their helmet work better if less flashy?

Hmm, in hindsight this does seem pretty negative, even though the models are awesome -- I fear I may just be holding you to a higher standard now ;)

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 717 posts
  • Faction: White Scars / World Eaters
I'm on the same page KS, the blue is distracting, just a tad OTT. The 'brass' looks golden fields of corn gold as well, but hell, still better than my painting.
puTG7ZS.pngh1kLNHW.pngl1KOZAI.png

"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. Other Stuff on the Side - WIP

GrandMagnus

GrandMagnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts
  • Faction:

Awesome berserkers and all in all awesome night lords!

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pngETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

If you want to see my minis, look me up on instagram under the name Manta_Man_Miniatures. Fantasy, 40k and historical minis :)

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,022 posts

So... this about sums it up.

KZikhtv.gif

I'm not crazy about the eye glow, but otherwise, very nice.

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

Those are gorgie!

...'cept for that tiny mold line on the left leg in the very first picture.

"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

50 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users

Squark, Bing (2), Google (1)