++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

@ Augustus b'Raass: Not to worry mate: Just a turn of phrase (it exists both in English and in German, although I don't know which colour signifies envy in the Hive Slums of Amsterdam ;).

The latest models are excellent, and I am really happy that you've put the banner to good use! Maybe you should consider experimenting with the pose of the head on the banner bearer, though: At the moment, it looks as though he's looking upwards in adoration -- not neccessarily a bad effect for an icon bearer, to be sure, but a true berzerker should maybe be looking along his bolt pistol's barrel instead? ;)

A2! Wow. I only use A4 (good though eh).

Now you really have a flair for World Eaters. Think you need at least another two, or ten. And a Lord to go with them. Transport maybe too.

Don't worry: I've already put a devious plan in motion that should compel Augustus to give us yet more World Eaters -- let's call it the old tactical bitz drop assault, shall we? ;)

@forte: Yeah I went for A2 because I want better pics of my Lord of Skulls. And no worries. My Night Lords try to stay pure, but my World Eaters are going straight down the EIGHT-fold path.

@Flint13: Thanks! The chaos star is just an edged brass thing from FW. The text is freehanded though. :tu: 

@KrautScientist: Hehe, yeah envy is green in Dutch too. :biggrin.: And YES there will be three squads of eight Berzerkers each. And a contemptor with two chainfists. And a lord on a juggernaut. And perhaps a berzerker bike squad. And ok, maybe a spartan.  :biggrin.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Yay! That lineup makes me so happy! And we'll need a Termie Lord, of course. And some smaller Daemon Engines. And...

...wait, at this rate, nobody will ever spare my own World Eaters a second glance -- what have I DONE? :(

Seriously, though: I am really looking forward to seeing all those wonderful Khornate madmen take shape!

That squad is something special. I really like the banner chap you've got, and those Skullcrusher heads are rad. You continue to impress, Augustus. Looks like Kraut isn't the only one who needs to step up his game. :tongue.:

-Tarvick

Edited by Tarvick

@KrautScientist: Dude if you stop updating your thread I'll personally leave the hive slums of Amsterdam and venture into the lands of the Jhermani (I have your address now hahahaha) to force you to continue. ;) We need to see that Blood Red I sent you to good use. 

But seriously: what kind of 'smaller Daemon Engines' do you have in mind? A Blood Slaughterer with an Impaler perhaps?? :d

@Tarvick: Dude we all need to step up our game. Kraut's advice really helped me to do just that, and the B&C-wide Event I'll be hosting soon will encourage just that in all Frater.

@forte: YES! Great idea. Although it's a shame Lords on Juggernauts can't be transported... oh well. Guess we'll be making more Lords :D :D

:tu: :tu:

Very interesting to see you painting something besides Night Lords but it's not even a little bit surprising that your World Eaters look smashing aswell. 47th company and 'friends' are going to look spectacular together

@KrautScientist: Dude if you stop updating your thread I'll personally leave the hive slums of Amsterdam and venture into the lands of the Jhermani (I have your address now hahahaha) to force you to continue. :wink: We need to see that Blood Red I sent you to good use. 

But seriously: what kind of 'smaller Daemon Engines' do you have in mind? A Blood Slaughterer with an Impaler perhaps?? :biggrin.:

Oh, don't worry: I doubt I could stop if I wanted to ;)

A Blood Slaughterer would be sweet. of course, but that's only scratching the surface: Maybe something crazy and kitbashed? A counts as Decimator? Or even a Wargrinder *wink* *wink* ;)

Working on the Skull Champion. It's interesting to work with chaos warrior bodies on top of 40k legs - it makes the model look more buffed up, in a sense. Perhaps you're wondering "But Augustus, the squad already has an aspiring champion with that horned stare-y thinker dude, why would you make another one?" -- Well, I'm so glad you asked! ;) The thing is, that guy looks awesome, but has no power weapon. And my champions always have power weapons. Like my squads always have banner bearers. It's just how I think it should be. So I am in the process of writing some fluff about this squad where there is a rivalry between the thinky-starer (or was it the stare-y thinker?) and this guy.

Anyhoo, here's the model. What do you think? I think he lacks something, and I'm thinking it's trophies and perhaps a mail loincloth or something. I've never sculpted that, but it couldn't be too hard up to this point in my developing skills. Let me know!!!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Khorne%20Berzerker%207_zps5tfemgkq.jpg

Replies!

@MrBear: thanks al always mate. I hope you're not too disappointed that I'm getting side tracked from our most beloved legion for a spat. ;)

@KrautScientist: Haha well, I did buy an extra set of mauler fiend arms after seeing your awesome combat robot, but I doubt that there's going to be truly kitbashed stuff when there's still blood slaughterers, brass scorpions, and yes, plague drones to be done. But I might make a Khorne Vindicator with the Chaos Skull cannon. :d

@Fracture: Hello mate, glad you're back! I saw your finished NL squad and together I guess we're two for two?

@The Hydra: Thanks! Do share the love mate. What's the idea?

@Khârn the Bloody: The hound thirsts so why keep him waiting? :tu:

@KrautScientist: Haha well, I did buy an extra set of mauler fiend arms after seeing your awesome combat robot, but I doubt that there's going to be truly kitbashed stuff when there's still blood slaughterers, brass scorpions, and yes, plague drones to be done. But I might make a Khorne Vindicator with the Chaos Skull cannon. :biggrin.:

Boo! Hiss! The next thing I'll have to beat out of you is the over-reliance on stock Forgeworld models ;)

The skull champion's looking awesome -- that's an excellent use for that axe head! I also love the chaos knight torso -- I've considered a similar conversion several times, but have always chickened out at the last minute. It's great to see that it can be done in style ;)

You're definitely right about the loincloth, though! I'd either give him a) a loincloth assembled from chainlinks (the chains that come with the Skullcrusher kit are awesome for this) b) a dangling skull trophy (there's some suitable stuff for this in the WFB Skeletons kit, although I don't think you as a Night Lords player could possible lack a supply of skulls and trophies, or c) a shortened tabard from the Chaos Terminator Lord kit (the cloth one, the one made of chains does look a little too clunky).

Thanks Kraut! I went for the hanging trophies, mostly because I didn't want to wait for the green stuff to dry. 

Also "over-reliance on stock FW models"?? :d Dude give me a break - I just finished building and painting an almost completely remodeled Lord of Skulls! I think I that get's me off the hook when it comes to converting daemon engines for at least a couple of months! ;) (that's right - until the ETL)

The axe head is great. One of the awesome things you sent me. Which reminds me. What the hell is this?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20150130_0181_zpsh6hot2k8.jpg

Also, here's the finished Skull Champion as I plan to paint him today. :d

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Khorne%20Berzerker%207_zps5hwp0jft.jpg

Ah yes, the dangling head -- a true classic! And one of my favourite trophy bitz to boot!

I've elaborated on the daemon engine subject via PM, so suffice to say that your (amazing) LoS is precisely the reason why you should build more custom deathmobiles not less :wink:

I believe that bit may be a gut plate from one of the Ogre special characters?! Not sure, to be honest. It's definitely from the Ogre kingdoms catalogue.

EDIT: Found it!

I mostly sent it over because it looks a bit like a WE symbol. I've tried to use it several times, but it just didn't work out for me -- but knowing your love for Contemptors, maybe it would make an awesome Contemptor shoulder pad or ...ahem...codpiece?

Edited by KrautScientist

Absolutely fantastic Skull Champ. 'That's not an axe, this is an axe!'. Midnight Runner's dead on, it looks like he's communing with a high power before he sets to slaughter mode. It looks like he's adopted the Night Lord approach to trophy taking; honestly, you bat-boys are such a bad influence.

Group shot of the painted crew looks fantastic. Love the banner, I think it's suitably understated for devotees of Khorne who have no inclination for artisanship given that their time is better spent gathering skulls.

Ok that might be the best zerker champ i've seen. Wasn't totally sold on the model but the severed head was the final touch needed. Great work!

@ElDuderino: Yes! More FW Goodness. Although mind you, parts alone don't automatically get you cool mini's. I pay particulate attention to pose. If I may be so bold as to give advice: mimic the pose your aiming for in the mirror and try to convey that in your model (this works especially for contemptors - I've seen some almost ridiculous poses out there and it really helps to make them more believable). About your terminator pads vs khorne bunny ears comment, I'm not sure what you mean! Tell me more! :biggrin.:

Looks like i missed to reply to this!

I'm only happy to get advice from the likes of you:) Although i'm already posing in the mirror far to often, i usually wait til the my gf's aslepp to avoid her giving me more reasons to laugh at me.

About the terminator sholder pads, they have this ridge that looks cool but makes space pretty limited for the more elaborate bunny ears, might as well post a pic for clarity

gallery_73760_8758_15441.jpg

See that left shoulder pad?:dry.:

Dude, that Skull Champion looks absolutely brutal! Those chaos warrior bodies look really good on those legs as well. MK III already look so beefy, and those layered torsos look excellent with 'em! Those chains look really cool, too! I'm jealous, I've been trying to find some good chains for my duders and haven't been having much luck! :smile.:

@MrBear: thanks al always mate. I hope you're not too disappointed that I'm getting side tracked from our most beloved legion for a spat. :wink:

I think everyone is entitled to some variation in their hobby lives so you're definitely entitled to some WE's, especially when one consider the amount of things you've painted this last year. :tongue.:

I might go down the HH road sometime in the future for variations sake myself but I'm not sure what legion to paint and there's still a lot of work on the Night Lords to do first.  :whistling:

The Skull Champion looks great. Very inspiring, in a bloodthirsty kinda way. Love that Axe head, where's it from? I want to say the chaos chariot. As ever, I look forward to seeing him painted.

-Tarvick