++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The Skull Champion is finished, along with another two-handed axe dude, of which I haven't even shown you the WIP pics. With this, my first squad of World Eaters Khorne Berzerkers is finished, and I can somewhat begin to justify that reddish Lord of Skulls in my sea of blue Night Lords.

So here's the Skull Champion, named Arekh Haar. I decided to not do do the blade of his power axe in blue but just stick to the regular metal colour. The axe's size is enough to justify that AP3, I believe! ;)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Berzerker%208_zpsq3h6wmci.jpg

And then there's the last of the eight berzerkers in Squat Haar. I love the helmet of this guy, wherein his face is visible through a damaged bit over his right eye. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Berzerker%207_zpsf2qvjets.jpg

Hope you like, and as always: feedback more than welcome. :d :tu:

Replies:

@KrautScientist: I know right? That head is just too good to pass up. I regularly scour bits sites just looking for it. I will take your encouragement under 'advisement', meaning I will most definitely think about doing another daemon engine. You have given me the idea of making my own blood slaughterer... which might even feature the ogre gut plate ;)

@Midnight Runner: Haha thanks mate! Seven foot psycho was what I was going for!

@sockwithaticket: Cheers mate. Hahah yeah he might be compensating for something? I agree about the group shots. I'll take one of the whole bunch soon, 

@Elduderino: That's a wonderful looking Khorne champ and those ears look the part. I understand that the pads might get in the way though - which is why I'll prolly stick to the FW khornate termies...  And I agree with KrautScientist that you should finish him! FINISH HIM!!

@Atia: Trophies are the best aren't they?

@AlanofAngels: Yeah the chaos warrior torsos make him bigger, no?Try this for chains: http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/19.html

@Paerson73: It is! Ask Kraut where he's from, I have no idea...

@MrBear: Well thanks! I love doing them so far, so I'll keep this up for a while. Perhaps until the ETL, after which I have several predators to finish. And don't you dare sway completely off the path of the VIII, as I sure won;t ;)

@Tarvick: Aha! I checked and the axe is from the gorebeast chariot! 

@Atia: Yay! The backpack is simply the champion backpack from the normal CSM box, with two Secret Weapon Sack 'o Skulls skulls on a 1mm steel carpenter's nail. 

@KrautScientist: Thanks man. Also thanks for all your encouragement :D

@Dragonlover: Cheers! The axe is a FW chainaxe axe head on a space wolves' two-handed power axe's haft. :tu:

Awesome link for the chains, man! Thanks! Those guys look excellent with some paint on 'em; I actually think I like the normal 'zerker the most, with that awesome pose, about ready to lop off the head of some unfortunate emperor lackey :tongue.: I've always had a soft spot for that helmet too, the one with the big chunk of faceplate missing. 

A picture of the entire squad of World Eaters Khorne Berzerkers... 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Berzerkers%201-8_zpskylhtyc1.jpg

Hope you like!

I'm already working on several more - and scavenging MkIII legs off of pre-airbrush Khorne Berzerkers for my old Word Bearers... 

@helterskelter: allright, AP2. But will it ba a counts-as power fist then? The helmet is there for cosmetic reasons only ;)

@Tarvick: your wish is my command! Here ya go!

@AlanofAngels: yup, he's my fave too. The champion is pretty cool, but the busted up helmet just gives this guy soo much character :D

@Noctem Cultor: thanks! I don;t mean to sound douchy, but which axe? ;)

@helterskelter: allright, AP2. But will it ba a counts-as power fist then? The helmet is there for cosmetic reasons only :wink:

I think he mentioned it because power axes are +1 STR, AP2 Unwieldy.

Also, those bunch look great all assembled together.

The entire squad is amazing. The Skull champion especially so.

Oh and the Icon Bearer has helped solve a problem I was having with my a Word Bearer Icon/Vexilia guy. It's the feel of reverence I was finding hard to get, and you have done it very simply.

That Skull champion looks sharp mate (pun kind of intended). The 47th better watch out so that they don't become an offering to the Blood God :wink:

Don't worry about my guys though, I have too fun working with them to give them up. Besides, I haven't got much of a clue what legion to paint either :tongue.:

Edited by MrBear

Ok, so after a month-long stint at painting red, I really need my blue fix ( - although don't worry, he who shall not be named but hails from the lands of Jhermani, I'll get right back at them once this is finished). It's the most depressing of the lot, he who oozes grimdark, the guy that goes "BOO" in the night. The reason I'm painting this guy now and not waiting for the ETL for him is because as a Chaos player I cannot vow this model as the Night Haunter himself, but would have to proxy him as a daemon prince, which would require me to give him a mark and think of some wargear and that all would feel too wrong for this model. So here I am painting him in February.

Damn I really like the model - but does anyone else who did him feel like he's out of balance somehow? It kinda feels like he shouldn't balance like this. Weird. I do see that it needs another soapy brush job, because the glint shows that there's still some mold-release agent. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20150203_0011_zpsqh8xl6pm.jpg

Replies!

@Teetengee: Hey man! Glad you came by. And thanks - I had no idea power axes are that good :biggrin.:

@Noctus Cornix: You must've had, sir! :wink:

@daemonclaw: Thanks mate, yeah the MkIII legs just give them that punch, mass-wise? 

@chaplain mortis: Well then what I said ^^^ :wink: Cheers Chaplain!

@The Hydra: Thanks mate. Notice that I skewed the icon bearer's head a little to the right, so that he's fully enthralled by it? I'm interested to see yours and will stop by your WIP. :thumbsup:

@MrBear: Haha well they won't. Perhaps Curze is here to counter that plan. 

@Noctem Cultor: Yeah axes are awesome! Way cooler than those flimsy swords... Oh wait no they're not. But I did watch both seasons of Vikings during Christmas and I'm kinda stoked about axes right now. :wink:

@Grizzly_bear: cheers brother! Glad you like them!

@TanHausen: Duuude! As a jab at your failure to send me a termie to put on my titan's base (after your vow during last year's ETL), I decorated the champ with a nice DA helmet. :wink:

Nice detail on the helmet ;) You'll always be my favourite Night Haunter (yes, primarch naming intended :P)

BTW, I'm just starting my first FW project (a dread chaplain) and I want to do a mini-diorama on the base.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, so please have a look here, it would be much appreciated :)