++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

@forté: I love it too (and I really like that FW found inspiration in my butcher cannon dread :wink:)

@Brother Heinrich: Hey man! Glad to see you're back. I'd love to see Kurze in your super crisp paint style. :tu:

@Tanhausen: Glad you liek him. :) I'll make sure to follow your thing and post some feedback.

@Flint13: It almost looks like he could fall forward no? Weird. You should paint him up. Love to see what you do with 'm.

@The Hydra: Oooooooh, something different our way comes. I'm getting curiouser and curiouser...

@Tarvick: Your wish is my command! Seriously there'll be some rapiers coming and even a new flyer.... :jaw: ;)

@hushrong: Yay! Thanks mate, glad you like 'm.

@xxoblivionxx33: To which one? ;) But seriously I just use thick super glue like the kind GW uses (I use zap-a-gap). I drop it over the chain and let it soak in, and while it dries I make sure the chain stays in the position I want it using needles (which have the least surface tension of all the tools I use). Does that help? If you need more advice, don't hesitate to ask - I'm more than happy to help you out. :tu:

@helterskelter: haha well there won;t be too many updates unfortunately, as I don't want to take too long. I want to finish him in a couple of loooooong sessions. This weekend perhaps?

@xxoblivionxx33: Cheers mate. The you want that thick syruppy substance to the glue - you can blow it really hard so it creeps into the many crevasses of the chain, while you can sorta prevent it from dripping all voer the rest of your model. Make sure the chain is in place before you use this method though, and only when there's several chains next to each other. When you're going for just one chain, hold it to the model with a needle and then glue it with a tiny drop straight from the pot, using capillary action to soak it in place. Then blow until dry and repeat for the otehr side/sections of the chain. It's the method I used for the chains on the berzerker champion and the other bareheaded guy in the squad. :tu:

Yeah... I ran out of Black Undercoat and couldn't do anything about Curze today. So I continued building some more World Eaters. I couldn't resist starting with the guy I've had in my mind for the last week: the standard bearer. 

What do you think?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Khorne%20Berzerker%209_zpsfad2qbao.jpg

Oh, and sorry about the double post. :tu:

I need to see him on a base, right now, I can't tell if he looks like he is leaning funky.

Good bits selection though.
Also, for some of the reasons discussed already in the Gods of the Arena page, I think his flag bearing arm might need a shoulder pad.

Edited by Teetengee

@both: (teetengee gotta love your username, puts a smile on my face every time I read it) You guys are right of course and the left arm will get a shoulder pad. His right arm will remain pad-less though, I kinda like that look on him. Also: the paper clip in his right foot is exactly vertical, might that give you an idea about his pose? :tu:

(teetengee gotta love your username, puts a smile on my face every time I read it) 

Really? I use it for almost every username on every online thing I do, so if you ever run into it, its me. Although, I wasn't aware that it meant anything, part of the reason I use it.

@both:You guys are right of course and the left arm will get a shoulder pad. His right arm will remain pad-less though, I kinda like that look on him. Also: the paper clip in his right foot is exactly vertical, might that give you an idea about his pose? :thumbsup:

I think he might need to be moved forward and toward the standard a bit over his legs, right now he looks like he is falling back a bit, unless he is hanging from the standard, which still seems a little weird (unless scaling a wall, but that would be a little awkward for a gaming pose). I agree with you in that the bare arm probably doesn't need a pad; it does look a little thin next to the thick knight torso, some greenstuff to bulk it out might be appropriate.

Hey mate,

that banner bearer is off to an amazing start! Just a couple of suggestions, if I may:

- even though I love the idea of an unarmoured arm, the ones from the Marauder Horsemen can look a bit scrawny without a shoulder pad, and I think that's what's happening here as well -- maybe you should exchange the actual arm for one of the older, slightly bulkier Marauder arms? There should be one or two in the bitz drop I sent you. In all fairness, the unarmoured look is pretty hard to pull of convincingly, due to the difference in bulk. The old Marauder arms are really a godsend here!

- you may want to consider recessing the head a bit more into the chest, if that makes any sense: The neck portion just seems ever so slightly too long, and it becomes a bit of an issue if you imagine the guy's anatomy underneath that armour: The right arm and head cannot be attached to the same torso like that, not even if it's an Astartes torso :wink:

- my gut feeling would be to rotate the axe outwards from the body, but that certainly comes down to personal preference.

Edited by KrautScientist

Thanks guys, that's good feedback. 

I've shaved his neck off a little, so he should be fine now. I agree about the arm though, and I think it's mostly the too-high collar of the Chaos Knight body in combination with the bare arm that make it not work. So I opted for a normal arm instead - a future berzerker will get the opportunity to develop a nice tan. ;)  

Whaddayathink now? Better, no? :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Khorne%20Berzerker%209_zps2cdmtknr.jpg

he looks much better with the changed arm, and i like the chain axe more than the normal one :tu:

what is the little piece of GS on the side of the banner for? (first picture)

Looks much better, it will definitely need something on the basing though, as he still looks like he is falling over at certain angles. Alternatively, pitching him ever so slightly more forward should dispel it and help solidify the running toward the enemy deal.

Edited by Teetengee

Cheers guys! Glad he's approved by the Frater ;) Here's the second zerker in the second squad: again wielding an eviscerator (gotta love those). 

Sorry for the bad picture quality - I was distracted by the GF whom I had to explain all the characters and references while she was watching The Return of the Jedi. I'm getting her up to speed in preperation of Episode VII. Anyway, back to the zerker: I've tried some more chains on him. Waddayafink?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/Khorne%20Berzerker%2011_zpshmzypwtl.jpg

Replies:

@Elduderino: Prolly it's going to be a little bit more elaborate than the first banner, but sadly I've already had to discount the option of some etched brass on it due to the folds. But it's going to be some heavy script.

@Wicced: Cheers. Chainaxes are much better than those gauche regular ones. Thanks for notifying me about the GS. It was just a little bump. Removed it :tu:

@KrautScientist: Thanks! The banner top is cool, ay? I had several versions before this, but this, the simplest, was by far the best looking. :D

@Teetengee: Will do on the basing - as always - but not to worry: he's well-posed now. About your username: I didn't think it was a reference, just a very good username for the exact reasons you've stated ;)

@Atia: Thy will be done on Sunday (tomorrow)!

I like the bit choice, although the front leg probably needs to be rotated toward the charge in order to create a more natural pose.
Is the shoulder pad a FW bit, I am not familiar with it, although it looks like I clearly should be. Also, thanks for the explanation, I was worried I had accidentally said something lewd for a moment.:sweat:

Excellent job on that latest berserker! I still have that eviscerator bit lying around as well and will have to put it to equally good use one of these days!

While I wouldn't change anything on this model, might I suggest sneaking in a bareheaded berserker or two at some point? I think that would really make for some variety (and I am also a sucker for bareheaded Khornate Astartes, so there's that too ;) ).

Amazing work, as usual!

Also supporting Teetengee on turning out the front leg.  The pain that follows of course is that the foot will no longer be flat.  The only solution I have found to a twisted foot is to cut off the toe of the boot and GS a replacement.

Overall, it is a great model with a really vicious attitude.  Looking forward to completion.

Some pics of my WIP Conrad Curze and replies to the 'zerker feedback...

• I'm about 80% done with the primarch himself. There's mostly work to be done on the fleshy parts (wetblending, highlights and washes, so many washes) and some highlighting on the steel metalwork. The brass and blue is pretty much done. A SUUUUUUPER friendly German dude in the GW store in Amsterdam gave me his last pot of Devlan Mud to work on the brass, after I told him I used to use it for my golds, but was forced to revert to AP Strong Tone after GW discontinued the old paint line.... I'm also DONE with his face. Ugh, what a nightmare. Blast painting those pitch dark eyes of his! 
  • The base is about 50% done. It still needs an extra light drybrush to pick out those edges, an alcohol and weathering powder wash, as well as some desert grass tufts.
  • The bodies need the most work done, and I'm not sure what colour to paint them. I was thinking of just black armour with gold and steel details, with red as a spot colour. Whaddayafink of that idea? I appreciate your feedback on this as I want to get it right and there's always someone with a great POV on it.

The WIP primarch himself.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-02-09%2017.25.08_zpsscj6pypp.jpg

And him with the pour schmucks that still need paint on them...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-02-09%2017.25.51_zpsy9cmexyd.jpg

Now, some replies to the 'zerker feedback!

@Teetengee: The idea behind him is that he's sidestepping, attacking a guy to his immediate left. Also, turning his foot in the armour is super difficult... :huh.: The Shoulder pad is a pad from the FW Khorne Berzerker World Eater set. 

@KrautScientist: the eviscerator is awesome no? Totally go for it! I too love barheaded berzerkers (the previous squad had 2 (25%)) and I will be sure to but them in. I still have most of the bare heads from the Space Wolves kit and some of the Sternguard kit, so I might use them. 

@Wicced: Thanks mate! Again, he's supposed to make an in-stride swing to his left, hence the positioning of his leg. Does that help?

@Psykic_scribe: Haha nooooo no. I am done sculpting feet. His right foot had to be sculpted and it was a pain! I do appreciate the thought though :biggrin.:

@hushrong: cheers hushrong! I will be slapping some paint on them as soon as Curze is finished :biggrin.:

Thanks guys on the feedback given.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass