Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread// Started THIRD World Eater Army p235

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
5880 replies to this topic

Zeller

Zeller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,161 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

What's a short trap? Google didn't yield anything useful. huh.png

Basically it's a gap between the turret and hull where the turret ring is exposed. A round aimed in that general region will typically be directed to the ring by the sloped geometry of the bottom of the turret. 

Personally, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to keep putting them on the right. Anyone who questions your decision is a Communist.

QUOTE (Ashdown @ Aug 17 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play vanilla marines, however, it is a heavy burden to wield such shame.

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

ColdWinter

ColdWinter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts
  • Faction: Unknown

WP_20140530_010_zps602f7d9b.jpg

How do you pin the model parts and such? I've been meaning to find a way to do such a thing but have been unable to figure out how to do it, help would be appreciated!

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Suggestion for the victim: if he is dragging him, then he is probably pretty fresh, so I would gs some skin or clothes over the torso.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,197 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

What's a short trap? Google didn't yield anything useful. huh.png

Basically it's a gap between the turret and hull where the turret ring is exposed. A round aimed in that general region will typically be directed to the ring by the sloped geometry of the bottom of the turret. 

Shot trap, not short trap. And yes, it's exactly this, and it is very bad, and not good, and unfortunately a feature of a lot of GW armour. Of course, it's a problem concerning hard rounds, not really an issue with lascannons, meltas or eldar lances, so maybe they worry about it less in the Grim Darkness. It was a very serious problem circa 940M2 however, when the empires of pre-unification Terra used tanks that fought almost exclusively with solid shot.

Ok, on topic - I haven't caught up with this thread in ages, and I very clearly should have done, because I love those World Eaters. Amazing work.

Really liking that gladius made from the WHFB sword, too; always wanted to try those blades out on CSM models, but I could never quite figure out a way to make them... fit right. I'll give this method a shot, if you don't mind me "borrowing" your innovation.

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

MrBear

MrBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 596 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Sons of Horus

Splendid conversions mate, I think you've captured the essence of them in your models.

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,963 posts

Awesome stuff, you can see exactly who these guys are thumbsup.gif

bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP
Tutorial:Glowing Eyes/Power Weapons
Index Astartes:Flesh Eaters

Loken86

Loken86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 559 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Soul Reapers
This whole thread is awesome and thanks for the muscle tutorial too this is gonna help me a lot :D

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,173 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Mercutian and Cyrion look absolutely top notch, but Variel is just next level!! The pose, chained corpse, and chirurgeon are perfect thumbsup.gif

Ps. where was Flint when I built my Cyrion? I totally forgot the bionic arm dry.png

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

Thanks guys for the replies. It's funny, my hobby jive has been running on such a fevered pitch lately, that there's still comments coming in about projects that in my mind are ages ago, but when I look back it's only a couple pages back. unsure.png

I'd love to continue work on the truescale first claw, but I'm still waiting on bits for Talos and Xarl to arrive from my favorite bits site. So, here are some replies.

@Zeller: Ah, gotcha, and yes, I too think the shot trap is a little high due to the extra layer of plasticard. I might consider building a protection of it. Thanks!

@ColdWinter: The same way you do your pinning. It couldn't be simpler: you drill a hole 1mm wide with your hobby drill, cut a piece of 1mm paperclip, glue it in with superglue and stick the other end in some cork.

@Teetengee: Nope, my Variel has a favorite corpse, which he'll drag along for weeks and experiment on. msn-wink.gif Good point. I'll sculpt some more flesh on him and paint him 'fresh'-er than the zombie-bit might suggest.

@A Kvlt Ghost: Thanks for the tank info! thumbsup.gif Yeah mate you need to keep up, I hobby faster than my shadow. msn-wink.gif

@MrBear: Thanks mate! How's the 33rd?

@Midnight Runner: well I can see you really like my stuff, because you just spend your entire days worth of likes on my thread. thanks.gif

@Loken86: You're mot welcome Loken86, happy to be of help. biggrin.png

@kizzdougs: I like Variel the best too, to be honest. He's super creepy. And you also built a Cyrion (or even a whole First Claw)? WHERE?

Also, another question: does anyone know if Variel kept a shoulder plate red and/or kept a chapter symbol of the red corsairs on his armour? I thought it'd be a cool idea if I kept his left pad red, with a RC transfer on it...

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 22 February 2015 - 04:55 PM.

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,369 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

WoW Auggi, you're fast they are spot on so far! :D is Variels helmet final? while i love the night lords helmets, i would try to give everyone of them a different head ^^

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

^^They are from the same set, but the terror marking and armour types are different - Variel has a MkIV and his terror marking is an actual death mask, while Cyrion is MkV sans studs and only has a skull fragment below his eyes. If anything, I might change Cyrion's, as there's precious little room for his lightning tears. And I particularly like the idea of Variel overcompensating on the terror markings due to his being the newbee and considering his profession... ;)

• Atia likes this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Excellent work on the latest two members of First Claw -- but you can always expect a couple of nitpicks from me, of course:

- On Mercutian, this is just a gut feeling, but not having his heavy bolter's barrel be designed as some kind of daemonic maw seems like a bit of a missed opportunity (the musical instrument from the FWB chaos knights would work splendidly for this, because you would get to keep the regular barrel underneath the decoration).

- regarding Variel, I think it's stated in one of the novels that his entire armour has been repainted in NL colours -- what's more, I think he would need a little something (i.e. a flayed face) stapled to his shoulder pad, which would also solve the question as to which colour the pauldron should have ;)

Keep up the amazing work, mate! :)

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
First claw look fantastic! Variel and mercutian are potentially my favourite of the bunch, slightly coloured by my opinion of them in the novels, and partially coz you've made them a right pair of badasses! Can't wait for paint oclock
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,963 posts

@Midnight Runner: well I can see you really like my stuff, because you just spend your entire days worth of likes on my thread. thanks.gif

Well worthy of every one of them :D

“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Oh First Claw. True Scale First claw. Will have to do that myself one day. But late but Forge World do a Gladius in thier Mark III power weapon set, but yours look much better for post heresy Night Lords anyway.

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
  • Faction: Screams of Despair (Night Lords Warband)

first claw is shaping up great mate :tu:

little nitpick on cyrion though, i think the crotch skulls hang a little too low. it looks like he would shatter them with his knees at the first few steps he takes msn-wink.gif

'Death haunts the darkness and he knows your names! ' - Night Haunter -

check out my Night Lords WIP! now with fluff msn-wink.gif
Screams of Despair

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

EXCELLENT IDEA by KrautScientist. You gotta love the BnC community for this kind of thing: soo many great minds coming together, working together to improve the collective awesome miniature collection. ;) Also, you gotta love the Chaos KNights box, because there's literally nothing besides the horsies that you can't use as a CSM player. Hmmm. The horsies might be used as Nurgle Biker bikes potentially. Hmmmmmm 

@KrautScientist: Except for the part where the muzzle could poke through (which is impossible due to the size of it) is this what you meant? :D

2015-02-22%2017.08.03_zps1vxfd8tj.jpg

2015-02-22%2017.08.09_zpsla2xv5t4.jpg

@helterskelter: it's almost paint o'clock mate. I'll start with Cyrion I think, but maybe Mercutian. Or Variel or Uzas, hmmm?

@Midnight Runner: Much appreciated, good sir!

@The Hydra: CHeers, yeah I totes agree.

@Wicced: I know what you mean, and I tried hanging the skulls higher before I glued them in place as they are now... but it looked like his, well, balls. So lower skulls it became. And Cyrion really doesn't care about broken skulls imo. INdeed, one of the skulls is already broken! :tu:

• KrautScientist likes this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Bautiful, simply beautiful! It's actually looking even better than what I imagined ;)

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII

Hehe, from the front, the horns kinda give your daemon bolter a soccer mom haircut :D

Paint Uzas first! So far he's my favorite. They're all looking pretty darn awesome, buddy. 

"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

Oh good. Because I gave Uzas what he was missing. biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Uzas%201_zpsypfduuip.jpg

Although I'm not truly satisfied with the NL symbol on his reight pauldron... I might get rid of that or redo it. Whaddayafink of it?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 22 February 2015 - 04:49 PM.

• Dantioch likes this

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,963 posts

Blimey, these are going to be quite some squad when they are done (well, they are now!). Urzas' NL symbol looks fine to my eye, but if you are not happy with it then now is the time.

Mercutians HB looks insane btw, pure win thumbsup.gif

“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP

MrBear

MrBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 596 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Sons of Horus

Now this is getting better and better. That heavy bolter is truly wicked and Uzas is mighty fine aswell.

Regarding the 33rd... Since I did paint quite a lot (by my standards msn-wink.gif ) this week I've been doing next to nothing this weekend. Just some painting on the loyalist trophy. Will do some more painting and hopefully start to model 2nd Claw during next week instead.

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Red Skullz

Red Skullz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts
I'm really late to the party that is your plog. The big daemon engine reeled me in and the contemptors sunk the hook in deep.

I think your truescale claw is another fantastic addition to your collection. I often find truescaled miniatures on the static side but these got some great poses going. Look forward on seeing some paint on these that will tie it all together. Sorry about not having anything more constructive to add but I'm a bit overloaded at the moment.
I'm on Facebook and I've got a blog as bigbossredskullz.

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,173 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

The Chaos Knight piece is perfect on the heavy bolter!

I've only done Cyrion and Talos so far. You can see them in my WIP thread. Finished Cyrion (minus base, bionic arm and lightning tears...) and almost finished Talos

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,033 posts

That's yours???!?!?!!?!?  Dude that Cyrion shows up at every google or pinterest search for 'Night Lords'. I've been admiring him for years! He's totally the inspiration for the entire squad I'm doing right now. Wow. And your Talos... hotdamn I'm almost sorry for seeing it, because now I either copy your stuff or make something that just won't do, coolness-wise. Urgh 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2), Bing (2)