++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Brother! Good to have you back among us Augustus, Ancient Adlhaerd and his Pod look great! I especially like the lore behind Adlhaerd and how it informed his decoration and weapons, the broken sword from the Siege, the Multi-Melta from his Devastator days (sounds like an album title), the Templar iconography from his time in the 1st company, fantastic stuff.

The only thing I'm confused about I'd the segment speculating about his reasons for not joining Sigismund's Templars, saying he denounced a bunch of verses from the Lecticio Divinitas, but is disappointed about the Emperor's "later actions" being a reason to doubt the Emperor is divine? Maybe I'm not properly comprehending this but what does this mean? Is he a Emps-worshipper or not? :unsure:

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Oh man. I just cried a little seeing Ivor in his chariot. *just did that hand gesture when a chef thinks something tastes sublime.

Also, seeing him fit snugly in that pod has me wondering what would hold him in place while out for a ride. Regular drop pods have those harness thrones to prevent marines from getting shaken like beans in a maraca. So what does the big guy do? Mag-clamp his feet?

Edited by hushrong

I just dropped Ivor. His pelvis broke off from his legs, right at the spot where he is structurally the weakest (duh).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsdv4uqw2z.jpg

I'll have to see if I can glue him with some two-component epoxy glue. Dammit! :furious:

Replies:

@ Dosjetka: Thanks for the comment, buddy. About the soot: I'll see what I can do. Funny thing is, I've had the FW Soot colour pigment for years.

@ dantay_xv: Cheers bro! Yeah the pod is SO big. 

@ Kurama: Thanks dude! The thing with glass display cases is they're expensive in the quantities I need them. I have two Billys filled with painted models. And the ETL is around the corner (which will probably add another 3000 points to the collection...

@ Atia: Steal away, girl!  :tu:

@ The Psycho: Go for it. It'd look awesome!

@ MrBear: Ha! That was news only fit for Sweden. After reading your comment yesterday, I tried to google about it, but couldn't find anything!

@ Psykic_scribe: Cheers!

@ Kriegriss: 'Wowzers' haha. Go go gadget thanks ;)

@ SanguiniusReborn: Cheers! Your comment made me realize I still need to write about his banner, with the skeleton and the two shields! About the fluff about him being dissapointed: Denying the Emperor's divinity does not equal denying the Emperor as a leader. So he sees the Emperor as a (fallible - as his actions allowed the Heresy to begin in the first place) leader, as the Master of Mankind, but not as a God.

@ hushrong:

Hidden Content
. And I guess mag-clamped feet are a good option? When a pod is rushing to the sruface there's pretty much either upward momentum or micro-gravity, which both mean he just needs to be attached to the bottom. On impact, I guess his legs can take the force? 

I just dropped Ivor. His pelvis broke off from his legs, right at the spot where he is structurally the weakest (duh).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsdv4uqw2z.jpg

Outch! I feel with ya, same happened with my Dark Angels Venerable Dreadnought years ago ... bad cats ... bad .... 

I imagine he is inside his sarcophagus screaming "Let me at them.  T'is nought but a flesh wound!!"

But seriously, ouch. Hope you can fix him back up.

Hey maybe you also found the reason why castra ferrum dreads look so boxy and stumpy.

The boxy design is to protect them from the Mexican jumping bean effects of being in the pod and the stumpy legs are caused by the massive forces from when the pod hits the ground.

Before launch I was a jaunty 15 feet tall, now, after impact, I am only 12 feet tall. Thanks to the Space Marine drop pod diet, I can take cover saves.  :biggrin.:

Edited by dantay_xv

Man... I feel your pain for Ivor, we've all been in that situation. Hopefully it won't be too hard to fix him.

Regarding the whole 'Billy designer death', definitely news only in Sweden. It didn't exactly get major headlines here  to be honest though, just a small notification in the major papers. 

Might require a bit of work,plus patch up and paint, but I think the best option is to straighten out some paperclips.

Drill through the top sections of both of the legs where those two thin piston bits are. Drill straight though the pelvis and use a piece of wire to run all the way through the body and legs (twice). Its the only way I can see you giving it the strength to hold itself together.

Sorry if my idea is not clear.

I can draw a pic and send it later to make it more clear if you like

Edited by dantay_xv

I was about to say I would never forgive Black Templars for having a castra ferrum dreadnought whereas Imperial Fists lack one, but it looks like he suffered enough as it is. Condolences, having to repair models, especially painted ones, is never fun.

We win out by having a Contemptor while they dont :p

Thanks for the kind words of comfort and succor, and for the tips, guys. Indeed, as dantay_xv and muggs suggested, I considered pinning him. But then I thought I should first try if I can't glue him. So I used my all time favourite glue for resin, UHU Schnellfest 2-K-Epoxidharzkleber, which, besides sounding like it will stick a larger-than-life lead statue to the ceiling, is genuinely the best glue for resin miniatures.    

http://www.uhu.com/typo3temp/_processed_/csm_45700_01_ebd40b50ca.png

I applied a little too much on purpose - this glue dries clear, and I figured that it wouldn't really matter if the open space between the girders connecting his legs to his pelvis would be filled. The body obscures that part of the model unless you're looking at it on your knees, anyway. I just held the model tightly in place for about 30 minutes (which was a drag, believe me) and it worked!

IVOR ADLHAERD STANDS ONCE MORE

Behold:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsu1eeksfu.jpg

Replies:

@ Flint13: Thanks, lady-bro! And yeah, probably :wink:

@ dantay_xv: Hahaha Ooooh I see, running away, ay? You yellow bastards, come back here and take what's coming for you! The Black Dread Always Triumphs!!!!

@ MrBear: Ah, oh well. It did make me read about the number of Alan keys Ikea has distributed over the years. I have to say the number is as impressive as scary. 

@ dantay_xv (#2): I know exactly what you mean and considered it too (it seems great minds think alike). But I'll consider pinning him properly like you suggested if and when the current solution fails. Thanks for the tip though!

@ Knight of the Raven: No worries, dude: Black Templars are just emo Imperial Fists. Don't tell dosjetka or Honda though. :wink:

@ Slipstreams: As you see in the picture, I think you're right! :wink:

@ muggs: Well the techmarine(s) only had to hold the dread for 20 minutes while the glue dried. It seems he's pretty much fixed though. Didn't need any blessings, prayers, incantations, incense or anything! :wink:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Wait a second... is that the Scourge back there, behind Ivor??? He looks badass! Can't wait to see him fully built and painted up!

I confirm nothing. 

But seriously. I feel like an absolute IF noob to have to admit this± I have no idea who or what ´The Scougre´ is. Where can I read about him/it?

Wait a second... is that the Scourge back there, behind Ivor??? He looks badass! Can't wait to see him fully built and painted up!

I confirm nothing. 

But seriously. I feel like an absolute IF noob to have to admit this± I have no idea who or what ´The Scougre´ is. Where can I read about him/it?

+++ V COMPANY ANCIENTS +++

Deredeo Deadnought - Rudig Vall

Contemptor Mortis - Venerable Heydrich Jäger, called 'Aestus' - Brother Heinrich

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought - Volt Gerbrandt - KrautScientist

Venerable Dreadnought - Ivor Adlhaerd - the emperor is scottish

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought - Dietrik Ghevart, the Scourge - The Psycho

Forget it, though, it completely slipped my mind that Heinrich was a Contemptor Mortis (I'd lose my head if it weren't screwed on :D) That does not make the Contemptor any less awesome, though :tu:

Assault Chaplain Alexandr Benardu Grizzly_bear

A comment from Grizzly?bear reminded me of my back log of build Imperial Fists miniatures. I´ve gone into such a shiopping spree lately that I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the things I can do for my fists. with my 1250 list now finished, I feel the discipline that came with the dedication to a deadline waning. It feels a bit scary. On the other hand, I´m free to do what I want / until the ETL that is. Then, my ass belongs to CHAOS. 

Ahem. Here´s the chaplain:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160311_006_zpsufjyjoh2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/1_zpslxpfv2d9.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/2_zpsot8uevel.jpg

Brother, mate.......all your work is brilliant, have I missed my hardcore model? Or is he next in the line?

No you hadn't and thank you for reminding me I had this pretty cool model stashed! I went to painting it seriously the next day after you commented that. ;) :tu:

Also, I've finally finished the second Thunderfire alternative with a techmarine. As my other techmarine is on display at GW Amsterdam South, along with a large chunk of the rest of the list, I didn't have a corresponding red to copy for this one. So I had to borrow it back. The techmarine itself is made of failcast, which kinda prompted me to use dragonforge pweter cables to reinforce the arms a little. Hence his yellow-and-black spweded carapace. ;)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160311_010_zpsnz3ptdl5.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/3_zpsubs1kudi.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/4_zps0w0v4itn.jpg

I hope you like! As always, thanks for looking and for your comments and feedback. it really helps me improve and stay motivated! Thanks! :)

Replies:

@ The Psycho: Haha no, unfortunately not the scourge. I don't have a relic contemptor body (yet) so you'll have to wait. THe guy behind Ivor was indeed brother Heirnrich's dready. :)

@ jimbo13: Cheers buddy! The white is super easy: Start with GW Ulthuan Grey over a black undercoat. Then highlight with GW Base Ceramite White. Hey presto :tu:

@ Lord Thørn: Haha indeed they did!

@ The Psycho: Haha no, unfortunately not the scourge. I don't have a relic contemptor body (yet) so you'll have to wait. THe guy behind Ivor was indeed brother Heirnrich's dready. :smile.:

Sad day :sad.:

Keep it up, man! Your dudes are providing me with a ton of inspiration!

@ The Psycho: Today maybe, but the future looks bright. Trust me. ;)

@ GrandMagnus: Thanks buddy! Chaplains are the best, aren't they? 

@ deathspectersgt7: Haha cool beans! I have recentely acquired quite the faboy taste for techmarines. I have four more coming up (one for the third Thunderfire, one regular one, and two to lead both my rapier squadrons.

@ Otis: Citadel 105x70 mm oval bases.

@ Atia: Shut up. Flying babies are awesome. ;)