++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Alright, the pod is finished, and so is the Land Speeder with base. 

I must say I really like the 90mm oval base for the speeders. I think I'll get some more for the other speeders I have planned. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160504_002_zpssvh5bpkb.jpg

Drop pod pics will follow - I put it in the display of GW Amsterdam South, so it'll have to wait. right now I'm working on the third and final Thunderfire Thuddgun with its Techmarine. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsh4fes0bh.jpg

Cheers! Thanks for looking and for commenting. It does keep me going. :)

I love the little speeder.

For some reason, the Templar helmed pilot makes me giggle.

Hoverzeal?

Haha probably. "I'll fly over you and shoot you with yellow and righteous ZEAL" Or whatever. I have the same thing with those templar dudes: they make me smile. With contempt, but still. ;) :p

God that base looks awesome! Need to steal that idea :)

Do you have a Javelin too and could say if the base would be big enough for that one?

Thanks you two! Today has been a glorious day, as I finally finished painting the Thunderfire Battery with Techmarine gunners I started about five months ago. An elaborate operation of trading went into collecting the three different Techmarines GW produces, but I finally managed to get them all, so that each cannon can have a different techmarine. 

Here is the last battery:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160505_022_zpscxxxcmxd.jpg

Here's the battery's Techmarine.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/12119069_10207499067055875_4866853753718944164_n_zps7pbmqcdt.jpg

And here's the complete battery of three Thunderfire cannons in all their glorious glory :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160505_017_zpsi5rdmv1o.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160505_018_zpsr7unmcwl.jpg

I'm super stoked to have them finally finished. They've been standing on my window sill for the last couple of months, staring at me, taunting me to finish them. Glad tat's behind me. ;)

So what now? I still have one more Imperial project build and ready for painting before I return to the eightfold path for the ETL:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160505_023_zpstm1itwn9.jpg

Hope you like, thanks for looking and thanks for your comments. I know I´ve been a bit lackluster recently due to getting swamped with work and moving house. Things have settled somewhat now, and I´ve rediscovered my love for the B&C community. :)

Replies!

@ Atia: Steal right ahead, girl. Sadly, I do not own a Javelin, but I know it's diameters and my guess is that the 105x70mm oval base would be better. :tu:

@ Knight of the Raven: Oh sure, shoot it down. ;) IN all hoesty I'll never field this configuration and the Assault Cannon is merely magnetized on for display purposes. I'll be fielding Land Speeders either bare bones with the Heavy Bolter, or with a multimelta and a Cyclone Missile Launcher.

Wow they look awesome!

From where is that guy?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/12119069_10207499067055875_4866853753718944164_n_zps7pbmqcdt.jpg

Also, thanks - the ovale base works far better then the old round ones for speeders ^_^

Wow they look awesome!

From where is that guy?

Hidden Content

Also, thanks - the ovale base works far better then the old round ones for speeders :happy.:

Thanks Atia! He's from the Techmarine with Servitors kit, only I replaced his bolter with a scout bolt pistol and his power axe with an auspex. 

The Tech-Marine manned batteries are looking excellent, mate! In other news, I can hardly wait for your Daemonkin project to begin! :smile.:

Thanks buddy! To be honest, my dislike of painting red has me in its firm grip again. I loved thinking about a KDK army, but the prospect of painting all that red really had me demotivated to paint... anything really. Perhaps you've noticed I haven't been all too active lately? Real life intervened, but the prospect of all that red also had a large part in that demotivation.... I can't help it - painting Khornate red is just a peeve of mine!  

Also, I've been reading a certain Omnibus lately, which has made me about 50% sure of which Legion I will be choosing for my Horus Heresy army...

...and Insane Psychopath has shown us all how awesome Khornate Iron Warriors can look. So my mind right now is geared towards painting a traitor Iron Warriors Heresy army, which might have a contingent fall to the grips of Khorne - leading to a Khorne Daemonkin army. The pictures of your Chaos Warhounds in your most recent update have convinced me of their use as Flesh Hounds... :tu:

Huh. Well. I think we need to take this apart step by step:

One, not looking forward to painting red is completely okay -- the story of my (hobby) life, really. If you're not feeling it, there has to be another option.

Staying with the KDK angle for a moment, what about spinning off my Blood Wolves idea into an army? Make the Space-Wolfey parts less viking-like and more subdued (like 30k Space Wolves), and at the same time, make them barbed and sinister and vicious. You can still use some red, but it won't dominate the paintjob.

Two, Iron Warriors are also an excellent option, of course: They are easily one of my favourite legions, and if I hadn't pledged my soul to Khorne aeons ago, it would be a toss up between the IV and the XII legion (with a slight advantage for the 4th, I think).

The important thing, however, is to stay focused on a 40k chaos army over a 30k army -- because we all know there's only one side to be on during the ETL, eh?

Anyway, whatever you decide, I will say that I am counting the days until you finally convert some chaos models again. The Fists are excellent, make no mistake, vut it's just not the same as seeing you knock it out of the park with vicious, spiky servants of the true gods.

The last idea for now: Why not take the Khornate aspects of the World Eaters and the no-nonsense sinister menace of the Iron Warriors and come up with your own KDK warband incorporating elements of either (but with way less red)?

Huh. Well. I think we need to take this apart step by step:

One, not looking forward to painting red is completely okay -- the story of my (hobby) life, really. If you're not feeling it, there has to be another option.

Staying with the KDK angle for a moment, what about spinning off my Blood Wolves idea into an army? Make the Space-Wolfey parts less viking-like and more subdued (like 30k Space Wolves), and at the same time, make them barbed and sinister and vicious. You can still use some red, but it won't dominate the paintjob.

Two, Iron Warriors are also an excellent option, of course: They are easily one of my favourite legions, and if I hadn't pledged my soul to Khorne aeons ago, it would be a toss up between the IV and the XII legion (with a slight advantage for the 4th, I think).

The important thing, however, is to stay focused on a 40k chaos army over a 30k army -- because we all know there's only one side to be on during the ETL, eh?

Anyway, whatever you decide, I will say that I am counting the days until you finally convert some chaos models again. The Fists are excellent, make no mistake, vut it's just not the same as seeing you knock it out of the park with vicious, spiky servants of the true gods.

The last idea for now: Why not take the Khornate aspects of the World Eaters and the no-nonsense sinister menace of the Iron Warriors and come up with your own KDK warband incorporating elements of either (but with way less red)?

Aw thanks dude! That's a really heartening, supportive reply that was much appreciated. In fact now that I read it I realize I needed it. Not to fire up my Painting Chaos Drive, mind you, but just hobby/wise. I was feeling a little burned out, and it´s coming back. Now, lessee, here´s the answers to the several points you raised±

Your first idea, the Viking themed Khornate dudes. I actually converted and painted a Viking themed Berzerkers Warband back in 1999 and though I liked it then, I want something new. 

Hidden Content

Sorry for the crappy pictures. I can't remake these, as I sold these guys in 2005, to my eternal regret....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/pbAugustus/IMG_0157_zpsb99ff968.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/pbAugustus/IMG_0158_zps489fd58a.jpg

The second point, about staying focussed on 40K for the ETL.... well, I did mention that my 30K Iron Warriors would be traitors, didn't I? So not to worry: the first couple of Iron Warrior units (BIG tanks) will most definitely be vowed as Chaotic vehicles through Imperial Armour 13.... ;) :tu:

The last idea, about making a Iron Warrior themed KDK army, is actually what I meant in my last post. :D The more I think about it, the more I love this idea! It'd also give me the opportunity to paint a Kytan Daemon engine in BRASS! ;)

The last idea, about making a Iron Warrior themed KDK army, is actually what I meant in my last post. :biggrin.: The more I think about it, the more I love this idea! It'd also give me the opportunity to paint a Kytan Daemon engine in BRASS! :wink:

Yeah, but just to clarify: If you're mixing certain traits from different legions anyway, why not come up with an original warband? One that may have been originated with the WoRLD Eaters or the Iron Warriors (or both), but one that has moved beyond either legion and has a clear idetity of its own. Speaking of which, once again, there was a KDK warband that may be relevant to your project (with a paintjob heavily based on brass) in one of the last issues of Warhammer:Visions.

Also, I've been reading a certain Omnibus lately, which has made me about 50% sure of which Legion I will be choosing for my Horus Heresy army...

...and Insane Psychopath has shown us all how awesome Khornate Iron Warriors can look. So my mind right now is geared towards painting a traitor Iron Warriors Heresy army, which might have a contingent fall to the grips of Khorne - leading to a Khorne Daemonkin army. The pictures of your Chaos Warhounds in your most recent update have convinced me of their use as Flesh Hounds... :thumbsup:

Oh, look, another army for my VII Legion to fight on the walls of Terra. :P ;)

The newest Thunderfire looks ace, bud! I really like the fact that you've gone through the trouble of getting all three different GW Techmarines as crew, it adds a bit of a distinctive touch.

Really, quite glad to see you starting up a 30k army. Should be a sight to see when you've done a bit for them! :tu:

And finally, on the subject of Daemonkin, and if you're still looking for a scheme, I'd just like to point out one thing: nobody (that I know of, at least) has done Daemonkin in the pre-Heresy World Eaters scheme. ;)

@ KrautSientist: great, I'll have a look at it. Stop making me buy WH: Visions!! ;)

@ Dragonlover: I actually thought about that. Maybe a mix of red, steel, shevrons and bone?

@ The Psycho: tahnks buddy! If I'm starting a new army I want it to challenge me, so blue is a bit our of the question... Thanks for the comment+suggestion though!

Why not experiment with making khorne marines without any red (with perhaps an exception for btftbg)?

I'm sure proper model construction could make a mean looking khorne daemonkin iron warriors army. Maybe with black and yellow daemons?

Edited by Teetengee

Lovely thunderfire battery.

EDIT: for alternate color schemes on your daemonkin, here's a better-painted and better-modeled example of the Black Legion color scheme on khornate marines by kizzdougs that has the added benefit of not looking like I'm tooting my own horn:

DSCN3135_zps22ec063d.jpg

Edited by Knight of the Raven

Whoops, I did it again. Vow for Chaos in the ETL strategium, that is. I plan on beating at least Kurama, but hopefully we'll manage a Chaotic Hat Trick and become Primus Inter Pares a third time in a row. 

The vow is here in the Strategium, but I'll repeated it in my WIP too.

I, Augustus b'Raass, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX a third time and vow to complete 

from Imperial Armour 13 (IA13), Imperial Armour Apocalypse (IAA), Codex Khorne Daemonkin (KDK), Codex Chaos Space Marines (CSM),  

the below-mentioned units with a total value of 3000+ points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to

the 59th Echelon World Eaters Daemonkin "Blood for the Blood God!"

the 26th Grand Company Iron Warriors "We shall grind you to dust on the anvil of war."',

the 47th Company Night Lords "We have come for you...", and 

their Warp-infested Allies,

and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1. (IA13) Dreadclaw Assault Pod 100pts

2. (FW website) Kytan Daemon Engine 525 pts

3. (KDK) Soul Grinder of Khorne with Warp Gaze 160 pts

4. (IAA) Scabeiathrax the Bloated Daemon Lord of Nurgle 777 pts

5. 2x (IAA) Blood Slaughterer of Khorne 260 pts 

6. (KDK) Blood Thirster of Unfettered Fury 250 pts

7. (CSM) Ahzek Ahriman of the thousand Sons 230 pts 

8. (IA13) Typhon Heavy Siege Tank wtih Lascannon Sponsons 390 pts

9. (IA13) Spartan Assault Tank with Frag Assault Launchers and Malefic Ammunition 330 pts

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/1_zpsgy0smszp.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/2_zpsdbxqceob.jpg

Let´s DO THIS!

Let´s just go for that Chaotic ETL HAT TRICK!!

FOR GLORY!!!!

FOR CHAOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, thanks for all the awesome feedback, everyone!

Replies:

@ Dragonlover: Chevrons will be yellow and black, mostly because I decided to say screw it, I'm doing World Eater KDKs and going for a simple red scheme, while HH will be Iron Warriors. I'll still vow all the IW tanks as Chaos units for the purposes of the ETL anyway. :wink:

@ Midnight Runner: Cheers buddy! Me too!

@ Teetengee: Ha! I found that the FW Word Bearers Red is beautiful, easy to work with, and works very well with GW paints, specifically shading with Rhinox Hide. I think I´m actually doing red marines anyway!

@ Knight of the Raven: Nothing wrong with toting your own horn, in any euphamistic way you want, buddy :wink: That is a cool scheme, but I think I'll stick to the one I recently discovered. :smile.: Thanks for the great suggestion though! 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass