++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

Whoah, those tracks are a great fit :thumbsup: absolute, MAXIMUM awesomez for such an original idea. I would order some myself, but you have drained the worlds rescource of the :biggrin.: Cannot wait to se that done.

You Typhon looks an absolute boss, pure Iron Warrior boom. The transfers came out really well and complement the scheme. Great ideas again; superb stuff :thumbsup:

You can tell I like these tanks, rigt? :wink:

I am frothing at the mouth looking at that spartan.

The treads are awesome and fit perfect in every way. The extra touch of Chaos and Khorne are excellent as well. The only thing that is getting to me is the hatch with the marine poking out. That guy needs to be standing out with a chainaxe raised high (*in my thoughts and opinion).

Please tell me it will be packed with Berzerkers!

I am frothing at the mouth looking at that spartan.

The treads are awesome and fit perfect in every way. The extra touch of Chaos and Khorne are excellent as well. The only thing that is getting to me is the hatch with the marine poking out. That guy needs to be standing out with a chainaxe raised high (*in my thoughts and opinion).

Please tell me it will be packed with Berzerkers!

That sounds perfect for a new "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my Axe" meme :D

I'm going to have to consider those tracks when it comes to my Landraider, are the spartan tracks wider than the stock Landraider do you know?

It's a brilliant looking tank so far and will look so much more awesome painted up with some dudes to transport around it.

The Typhon is looking ace as well. I have two comments though, 

1. The guns look a little clean for such a well weathered tank with is a stark if not slightly jarring contrast, especially the big one. Maybe some heat effect to help bring it inline with the rest of the tanks worn and used appearance. 

2. While I don't total agree with Knight of the Raven about the 'shopped effect of the decals the doors despite being 'faded'are considerably darker that the surrounding tank and don't have the streaks that's so prevalent across the whole vehicle.

if you could just lighten the tone around the edges of the door slightly to match the tank sides then add a few steaks I think you'll have it bang on.

But seriously good work there.

Edited by Mechanist

Hmm, looks like I will have to eat my words RE: tanks, at least to some degree, as this is definitely some killer work right here!

The way you have blended in those decals on the doors of the IW tank is certainly impressive, especially since the temptation would obviously have been to leave them looking pristine (and thus hideously out of place). Personally speaking, I think those power coils (?!) on the cannons would look far better in blue, but then that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. The one area that needs another bit of weathering, however, is the main cannon: Upon closer inspection, there's a certain looseness to the painting there that makes it look like painted plastic (or, well, resin) instead of massive, scorched metal. I think this would be easy enough to resolve with some additional wash and a bit of weathering, but it certainly does stand out now. Oh, and that blue (Ultramarine?!) helmet chained to the front of the tank just seems a bit too pristine, if you ask me -- I think you should add some scratches to it.

That is some splendid conversion work on the WE Spartan, especially when it comes to the LoS tracks! In fact, it's baffling how we are not seeing more tank conversions making use of the LoS bitz, if you ask me. Another thing that I really like are those spikes (and skulls) on the front ramp -- that part looks really mean and brutal, which is a perfect fit for everyone's favourite legion ;)

Hmmmmmm.......  needs more blood. And skulls. And blood. And skulls.  But mostly, blood...... and skulls. 

Seriously though, that Iron Warriors vehicle is damn sexy. Ditto to what Krautscientist said about the decals on the doors.  Lovely. Of course, I'm an old scale model builder (and I used to judge at IPMS/AMPS events)  so I see things like a clean exhaust port and start looking for a score card, I mean.... who doesn't love a filthy tank...when the filth is done right.  But thats a beautiful vehicle and I'm looking forward to the Khorney one.

BOOM! First ETL V vow done.

I painted the Spartan. Took me two whole days too. I could say a lot about it, but most of it has been said in the WiP pictures anyway. One thing though is that I really would like to weather this baby after the ETL, as I have come to love weathering on infantry and war machines alike. The other Khornate stuff in my hasn't been weathered though, so for consistency's sake I'll forego weathering. For now. 

On to the pictures.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsy4mgm5ql.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjtcprapx.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpspt2naqws.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsqgzy1zix.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsvgkurxrs.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsgufwd0cz.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps1rbqfal1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpszvr04cpm.jpg

Plus some details:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsoofxd72k.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsoepaojd4.jpg

Plus some birds-eye shots:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsrgyxrsdq.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsnbsmpqsz.jpg

That's it! It's not all I have - I'll make a complete shot of all the units in the vow tomorrow when the light is better. Thanks for looking!

Replies! (thanks so much for the super heavy traffic, everyone! It's very inspirational to me, tbh:yes: )

@ The Observer: Haha thanks, bro!

@ Lord Thørn: Hm, I didn't even consider that. I agree, though, and thank you for pointing it out to me :smile.:

@ Quixus: I'll owe you that picture. If I don;t do it, remind me, ok?

@ Atia: Nope, the Kytan doesn't come with the track sprues. I bought the tracks individually from my favourite bits site. 

@ Andvarr A: Haha, thank you, buddy. 

@ Knight of the Raven: Ok, I see what you mean. To be honest, I sprayed some Lahmian Medium over it, which matted it down WAY too much. I goit some of it back with Gloss and then Satin varnish, but the bleak form stayed. I'm not perfectly happy with it either, but it'll have to do. 

@ Psykic_scribe: BOOOOM :wink:

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Cheers, I agree super spiky chaos is just ludicrous. In fact, this is the first time in over 15 years I've actually used any of those stock spike racks that come with chaos vehicles. 

@ Teetengee: Measurements of what? I'll behappy to oblige, but I've posted quite a lot so not sure what you mean

@ Midnight Runner: Plots Twist! I was aiming for MAXIMUM awesomez. I´m sure several ebay sellers have regular updates. Thanks for all the enthusiasm! 

@ hushring: No, no, no. I'm not giving a guy in a tank in a sword. That would be ludicrous. It will be packed with Berzerkers, though. :thumbsup:

@ Lord Thørn: No, no new memes. Nonono.

@ Mechanist: Land raider tracks are 15mm, Spartan/Typhon tracks are 20mm wide. I agree on the gun muzzle on the typhon, thanks for pointing it out. I shall fix it. I don't agree on the lighter edge idea of the doors. The entire tank has had a shadowed effect on edges. It'd fall out of place to highlight the edges of the door. The 'shopped' effect comes frm the fact that the doors are more matt than the rest of the tank, which unfortunately cannot be helped after the Lahmian Medium fiasco...

@ KrautScienist: Thanks, buddy! Glad you do like this Khornate Metal Bawks. Blue energy is prevalent on my Night Lords, Imperial Fists, and World Eaters army, so the Iron Warriors' energy will be green. It fits better with their mood, I believe. I'll fix the Typhon's muzzle, for sure. Thanks! Re: the LoS tracks on a Spartan: I know right? Never seen one before. So weird. Or maybe I'm a true pioneer? :wink:

@ rednekkboss: Are you saying you like dirty exhausts? What about the exhausts of the Typhon and Spartan? 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

BOOM! Indeed! :devil:

That's looking great buddy, really like the skulls dotted about. It's something I'm planning to use on my Knights rather than the garden fence trophy racks. I've never really been a fan of those. I have to say though the placement of those trophy racks on this really appeal to me. Love it. :tu:

Looking forward to the group shot.

She is a thing of beauty! Deathly beauty that is!

I can definitely understand why he won't have a blade raised high but I am sure he is foaming at the mouth and licking his lips riding that thing into the jaws of hell.

And it will be packed with Berzerkers? Lovely! I am seriously considering one of these behemoths for the same purpose. I think Khârn, 23 berzerkers, and a spartan would make a fun allied force.

Holy freaking cow!!!

I was just getting over looking at the Typhon when you smack me around the face with that Spartan.... I nearly wet myself :D

It is so nice. Such a beautiful deep red!

Makes me want to repaint my Spartan.

Out of curiosity though, what are the dimensions of the shield on the front of the Typhon, and the sides behind the lascannon sponsons?

Makes me want to repaint my Spartan.

Come to the Dark Side. We have blood'n'skull flavoured cookies...

WARNING: May contain sharp bone fragments, if you experience throat/stomach pain and begin coughing up blood, verbally devote said spilled vitae to Khorne, cease eating Blood'n'Skulls Cookies TM and immediately consult your Apothecary.

Lol, as tempting as the cookies are, I am more of an Elk & Mjod man :)

I mean I want to repaint the Spartan to up my game from before, it would still be a Wolves Spartan.

Although I am looking at a legion to collect, who can go up against the Wolves

Lol, as tempting as the cookies are, I am more of an Elk & Mjod man :smile.:

I mean I want to repaint the Spartan to up my game from before, it would still be a Wolves Spartan.

Although I am looking at a legion to collect, who can go up against the Wolves

*spooky whispers*

Dark Wolves Dantay, daaaarrrk woooolveees...

Thanks, gang, for the comments!

@ Biohazard: Cheers, buddy! Below is the group shot. :smile.:

@ Quixus: Here ya go!

@ Hushrong: Oh definitely on the teeth licking and the frothing. :wink: Also, why not 24 berserkers?

@ dantay_xv: Haha sorry 'bout the slap. And thank you :biggrin.: The shield of the Typhon is 5,5cm, the individual upper studs are exactly half an inch and the whole thing is about 6cm high. Is that sufficient?

@ Lord Thorn: Coockies???

@ SanguiniusReborn: Oh good, evil coockies. :wink:

@ Mechanist: Wait till after the ETL though.... 

@ Teetengee: Thanks! Length of the sides: 18,5 cm. Height of the sides: 8cm. Width of the tank: 12 cm. Do you need more? Happy to help. 

Group shot! Sorry for the appaling quality. The weather has been :cussty and my phone camera is only good for macro shots.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsmji2zgsi.jpg

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

That Spartan is excellent mate, great conversion. I agree, I do think it needs the weathering to finish it off, though understand why you would hold off. Great work all the same! So, what are you going to fill it with :biggrin.:

Well done on the vow, they look great together :smile.:

Man... I spend a couple of months not keeping track, and not only do you paint a ton of stuff at your usual high skill level, you also start a new legion? Going from the sons of Dorn to the Iron Warriors though? A bold step! :thumbsup:

On to the pictures.

gallery_70393_9896_103703.gif

That's the prettiest spartan I've ever seen. I actually like that it's not weathered.

@ Knight of the Raven: Ok, I see what you mean. To be honest, I sprayed some Lahmian Medium over it, which matted it down WAY too much. I goit some of it back with Gloss and then Satin varnish, but the bleak form stayed. I'm not perfectly happy with it either, but it'll have to do.

I don't think it's a matter fo matte or gloss; as I said, the decals look obviously digitally rendered by a computer program (at least to me), which just doesn't fit handpainting (I count airbrushes in that one).