++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

The base is looking like the product of an unholy union between a graveyard and a chocolate chip cookie ;)

Seriously, though: Seems like a cool start. Judging by your last Bloodthirster base, it should look fantastic when finished, buddy!

As for the shoulder pads, I think going with a single shoulder pad would also be an interesting option -- the Helbrute pauldron with the horns is actually the cooler of the two, while the other one looks a little empty. In any case, I'll be bringing along the possible bitz I collected tomorrow, so while I am not saying that any of those options will be the perfect solution, maybe that'll help making the final push and nailing down the look.

@ rednekkboss: Yeah, I figured. It's now between two or only a single helbrute shoulder pad... Or if Kraut (who'se visiting tomorrow) brings something interesting, that. :)

@ Dr_Ruminahui: Coolbeans! I'll be sure to check out your stuff :)

@ Sagentus: I shall, soon. SOON! :tu:

@ Race Bannon: Well, you seem to have a knack for it. So please... come... come... and release your daemons, embrace your inner heretic :devil: And yes, they are real rocks on the base. Is that a surprise? It's just some small pebbles from a basing kit.

@ KrautScientist: haha that's what I thought. But with the colours of a fresh pool of tourist hurl. Lolz. I'm looking forward to your arrival, mate. It'll be an awesome get together :)

Nah, it's 'only' a 80mm bse. :)

I think I have finished the thrister. I did some work on his left shoulder pad, adding a symbol of Khorne with some greenstuff:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20170623_007%202_zpsctqwtoti.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20170623_005%202_zpsn3gyqrxi.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20170623_006%202_zpssonmeebr.jpg

I hope you like. KrautScientist is visiting me this weekend, so perhaps some detail will still be added. Or perhaps he'll bring such cool bits that I'm altering the entire thing! Who knows!

Cheers and thanks for your comments. :)

Damn, I missed so much of your cool work! The old Bloodthirsty looks great painted, as does the chaplain, but this new BT mixing old and new parts... he's simply amazing! The sculpted arms look good (the Helbrute shoulder pads were the way to go in my opinion, so great choice!) and the double handed axe works so well for the model. The only thing that I'm not convinced about are the FF hooves, they seem to big for the model, but he looks ace overall!

Guess who's been getting some paint today? 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsjngxe48f.jpg

:) I'm excited to finally see this guy finished!

Replies:

@ Mechanist: Working with K-Sci didn't yield anything for the BT, but was hugely inspirational. We swapped tons of bits and models, of which you'll be seeing plenty in the near future. 

@ Pearson73: Cheers! It's going to be gold. :)

@ Sagentus: I did learn a lot, and my confidence in my sculpting skills grew quite a bit. That was the biggest achievement, I think. The Khorne symbol was done by rolling up putty (1:1 mix of GS and Milliput) and forming the khorne symbol right on the pad, then using a rounded clay shaper to push the edges onto the pad itself. I hope it works out. :)

@ The Traitor: Thanks! Yeah you should visit more often :) I know what you're saying about the hooves, and you're right, but these are less illproportioned than the original and really the best solution at hand short of buying an entire Cygor. 

Looking very promising, buddy! :smile.:

(...) Working with K-Sci didn't yield anything for the BT, but was hugely inspirational. We swapped tons of bits and models, of which you'll be seeing plenty in the near future.

Let me just second that, both with regard to the trip in general and the Bloodthirster in particular: Seeing it up close made me realise that it was basically perfect at this point, with the GS'ed Khorne rune on the left shoulder pad really getting rid of the last area I thought looked unfinished. So for what it's worth, this little guy now has the official KrautScientist seal of approval :wink:

As for the pictures waiting in the wings, man, you guys are really in for a bit of a treat, if I do say so myself...

EDIT: Oh, just noticed that the colour gradient on the hooves I just delicious -- I know, I know, it's all so super-easy with an airbrush, right? I get it already ;)

Edited by KrautScientist

Awesome and really deep red and yeah, I know I've been missing for a while (and found xenos when I returned?!?!), but as an IB student I'm finding myself with less and less time everyday... And about the cygor hooves, they would be perfect, and you could use the spare parts to build another BT!! :P

So, this weekend, KrautScientist visited me from Germany. We've been mates since a couple months after he and I both started our WIP threads, which now both span 140+ pages, and we've had plans to meet up for about two years. We hung out, drank tons of local and Belgian beers (still hung over), talked hobby shop, swapped bits and whole miniatures (he gave me some awesome metal Templar miniatures and a complete Dragon Ogre, while I helped him to a World Eater dreadnought - all of which will be featured in our respective threads in the near future. Yes, Kraut, I expect to see this dread sooner than later! :wink:). We also visited my local GW, Amsterdam South, endangered the local drinking holes with our presence, and played about a million games of Jenga in an awesome Beer-and-Video-Games Arcade in the middle of the famous (but total tourist trap) Red Light District - writing about which makes me realize I should change my avatar's location, as I don't quite life that close to the city centre anymore. Anyway, KrautScientist and I had a blast, and I am quite pleased to have made a good online buddy into an actual friend. :smile.:

Kraut brought a lot of his beautiful and famous miniatures - his Inquisitorial warband, pitfighters, Renegade guard, and yes, all of his 30K World Eaters! So we took some cool shots, and integrated the fluff of our respective warbands. Turns out, the reason his 30K praetor Hamund the Mournful isn't featured as a model in his infamous 40K Warband The Eternal Hunt, is because my 32K Imperial Fists 5th Company Captain Franz Landa killed him in personal combat, while defending an abandoned Sanctum Imperialis!! :ohmy.:

Here's some pictures of this epic fight: 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/IMG_6192_zpsgkfudktp.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/IMG_6187_zps8nxsm484.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Hobby/IMG_6188_zpsdukasedi.jpg

There's a ton of other pictures, but these don't really jive with the fluff I just told you about, so those will have to wait until tomorrow. When I will also unveil the by-then finished Bloodthirster. 

KrautScientist also made a ton of pictures of his miniatures, along with shots where his dudes are the protagonists in the conflicts between the Eternal Hunt Word Eaters warband and the Imperial Fists 5th company in the 32nd millennium. 

We also worked on his plague marines, magnetized his 30K World Eaters Contemptor, and pinned is beautifull Angron iteration. In the meantime, please go and check out KrautScientist side of the story in his awesome thread, here. :biggrin.::thumbsup:

Thanks for looking!

Replies:

@ abadizzle: Thank you! :smile.:

@ KrautScientist: Yeah, yeah. The most important paint comes straight from Duncan's tutorial and has nothing to do with the mystical art of airbrushing, though. :wink: Thank you for sending me the pictures! Tomorrow will see me really finish the bloodthrister!

@ BubblesMcBub: Fist off, I like your name. Second: he'll be done tomorrow! 

@ The Traitor: Xenos are a thing now, indeed! I could get the cygor.... perhaps I will....

@ Kordhal: Tomorrow! I swear!

@ Pearson73: Cheers, buddy! He's almost finished. 

@ Mechanist: It's actually almost done! I know, I know. But it's my vacation time and I hadn't had any paint time in weeks! I deserved a full day of painting! I'm looking forward to the stuff you'll churn out thse days!

A game with 2 gorgeous armies like that must have been nothing less than epic. It's always nice to see friendship across such distances.

We hung out, drank tons of local and Belgian beers (still hung over),

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/236/841/075.jpg
Edited by GreyRavenC

We hung out, drank tons of local and Belgian beers (still hung over)

Curious what kind beers that give you such a hung over!

Nice pictures of  the battle!

@ GreyRavenC: Ha! Indeed. When I studied philosophy in university, I was good pals with a professor who loved beer. I once interviewed him for an event, and in this interiew he theorized that since beer has been brewed by every civilization, beer can be considered a sign of civilization. So the better the beer, the better the civilization. In other words, the farther away from Belgium a country is, the more barbaric it is. Logical nonsense, of course, but when it comes to beer, it is totally true. ;) :P

@ Sagentus: Go for it, buddy! If you need any more help or advice, I'll be happy to try and help you. :)

@ teku: What beers didn't we drink? lol. Off the top of my head - which now functions again, we started Friday with an IPA from Brand, then had one each of Natte and Flink of the Amsterdam brewery 't IJ, then one each of Affligem Blond, La Chouffe, Westvleteren (I know a guy :yes:), Westmalle, Delirium Tremens, and finally a Rochefort 8. Saturday saw a much more limited palette, with four Steenbrugge Blondes and four (or five?) Zatte beers from Brewery 't IJ. Back home we topped the evening off with a Chimay Blue.  Pretty good score, don't you think?

Kraut didn't take a couple of crates of his country's beers with him? I hope you won that game to teach him some manners! :biggrin.:

Holy crap, you drank more Belgian heritage than a real Belgian! No wonder you have a hangover, there are some heavy hittters in there. Now we know what a suitable gift would be for you: a beerbasket instead of those pointless healthy fruitbaskets. So jealous of that West-Vleteren, those are hard to come by (even though I live within 30 km of the brewery!) 

Oh guys - we didn't actually play a game! The pics are just setups we made for the photo shoot! :) 

Also, GreyRavenC: YOU'RE a fruit basket! :p ;) How do you not get Westvleteren if you live so close? Just drive by and get some! 

Oh guys - we didn't actually play a game! The pics are just setups we made for the photo shoot! :smile.:

So all that teasing with awesome battle pics and there was no game? That's some serious Chaos-trickery!

Also, GreyRavenC: YOU'RE a fruit basket! :tongue.: :wink:

I wish I was that healthy. Let's stick to the beer basket :biggrin.:

How do you not get Westvleteren if you live so close? Just drive by and get some! 

Those fraters don't joke around when it concerns their beer. You need to make an appointment with name and license plate number some time in advance. I can't get there with the chaotic job I have. How does it taste?

Edited by GreyRavenC