IHF's HH Designs [08/04 Ironwrought/Praevian Consul]

Some outstanding stuff here, dude. You're my kind of madman.

Soooo.... how 'bout 'dem miniatures? tongue.png

Haha, thanks for the compliment - it's nice to see a vile, twisted traitor like yourself can appreciate them :P

Ah, afraid I haven't done any mini work for years now - this is basically how I get my FW fluff-hit

Yes brother, the tenth needs some catching up to do as far as recruitment. The work in progress forum is infested with night lords, with iron warriors a close second tongue.png

Sorry BassWave - suppose I could plant some Iron Warriors / Night Lords corpses around some of the pics, y'know - just to show which is undoubtedly the most badass Legion in existance

Would you mind if I built a 5 man squad of Breacher Terminators and painted them for some practice? What would the be armed with weapon wise? Thunder Hammers and other CC weapons or ranged weaponry?

By all means, go ahead - the only reason I gave that particular termi a Breacher Shield was to hark back to his origin in the Clan's Breacher squads (an was by no means a really obvious attempt to cover up the wierd chem-flamer on the Deathshroud's arm :P ) - but a squad of Tartaros termi's with Breacher shields does sound pretty awesome

Personally, I like the idea of them using combi-bolters with their other hands - maybe with a sheathed Gladius? - that way, if you wanted to game with them, you could always run them as a unit of Cataphractii termies with power weapons - you could say the shields represent the Cataphractii plate & they'd still have bolters & power weapons - but basically do whatever you think is cool cool.png

I'm seriously advocating you get a job at FW with a friend if mine. Seriously man, seriously

To say I'm flattered would be an understatement - seriously, thanks man

Think I'll have to mock up a new praetor with the uber-breacher shield brother, not sure about the heavy white on the apothecary (I know it's correct AND fluffy) but I wonder what he would look like in the 'traditional' black of our Xth but white shoulder pads and hands?

Weyran gets a sweet ride - and some buddies:

gallery_53779_9225_437572.png

@Russ Brother 92: I'd imagine the exact details vary with the Clan, although their cannon colour scheme for 30k is dark iron rather than their traditional black, so I don't know whether that would look quite as good - also, you try and change a pic with almost exclusively white armour into black whilst keeping details, shading, contrast etc. wink.png

Based on your fluff there makes me want to do a diorama with the the storm eagle touching down, an apothecary in the wing about to jump out and 5 support marines, volkites at the ready... Reminds me of images from Afghan or Vietnam with a huey dropping a medical team.

Based on your fluff there makes me want to do a diorama with the the storm eagle touching down, an apothecary in the wing about to jump out and 5 support marines, volkites at the ready... Reminds me of images from Afghan or Vietnam with a huey dropping a medical team.

Not gunna lie - if I had the minis I would totally try and do one of those FW 'pict captures' from their books - ther'd be dust billowing into the skies form the VTOL jets, snazzy lasers from the volkites, loads of melodrama with an apothecary crouched next to a dead / dying IH & a pair of servitors helping a one-legged marine up the Storm Eagle's ramp

and yeah, that stuff is basically where I got the idea from

looks ace haha - this thread is terribly wonderful - making me want to restructure my entire force...

Don't suppose you could do a Termi command squad? with a standard bearer and Cataphractii Primus Medicae? I plan on making it but the only Termi standard bearer I've seen is Poom's WE Devourers (who do look mint!)...

he he I realise this is your work and probs don't take commissions but DAMN it's good :D

looks ace haha - this thread is terribly wonderful - making me want to restructure my entire force...

Don't suppose you could do a Termi command squad? with a standard bearer and Cataphractii Primus Medicae? I plan on making it but the only Termi standard bearer I've seen is Poom's WE Devourers (who do look mint!)...

he he I realise this is your work and probs don't take commissions but DAMN it's good biggrin.png

Before you mentioned it, I had started a bit of pre-emptive work on a termie apothecary in charge of the 1st Apothecarion Section - not the highest ranking apothecary in the Clan, but close. What I'll do is post 2 versions: one as per my usual style, and another without Clan / unit markings & background, so you can edit him if you want.

I don't have any plans to do a standard bearer in cataphractii atm, but with another FW HH book on the horizon, with a wealth of glorious designs to work from (esp. Iron Warriors / Raven Guard), its always a possibility

I'm glad you like them though

Is that binary on the last guy's chest?

Yep, and on his left pauldron, but its a bit blurry. I figured with the IHs penchant for efficiency and relative disdain for excessive decorations, it was a way of making the armour look a bit fancier without going crazy

Nicely done! However, I have to disagree with you on the whole idea that the IH dont like decorations. It might have been that way before, but FW's direction makes them very blingy. I personally like it. Its like the tenth want you to know who is crushing you beneath their tread :D

How is sevrn coming along?

Nicely done! However, I have to disagree with you on the whole idea that the IH dont like decorations. It might have been that way before, but FW's direction makes them very blingy. I personally like it. Its like the tenth want you to know who is crushing you beneath their tread biggrin.png

How is sevrn coming along?

Haha - I meant the kind of bas-relief we've seen on some of the EC or SoH designs with images of lions etc.

for the 10th it just needs the right style as in: yeah it looks cool, but it could still cave your skull in if I headbutted you :P

Severn's on hold whilst I do a destroyer armour design to go with his page atm

Right: Primaris Apothecary [in Brannsar, the apothecarion ranks go: Apothecary < Primaris Apothecary < Primus Medicae]

gallery_53779_9225_464150.png

Although it might not look it, this guy was probably the most involved & labour-intensive recolour so far

Oh and here's the version sans Clan Markings & Formation Markings fer Russ Brother 92:

gallery_53779_9225_343998.png

Thanks for looking

Archived