IHF's HH Designs [08/04 Ironwrought/Praevian Consul]

Some Destroyer fluff before I finish up Severn:

gallery_53779_9225_827432.png

gallery_53779_9225_422110.png

Probably my favorite guy so far, really captures the caged brutality of the 10th - I tried to reference the FW Iron Hands with the piping on the Helmet, and if you look really hard you can just see the Destroyer insignia on his torso

Awesome. My favorite yet.

Thanks Heatherns, that means a lot coming from someone with as many fantastically themed minis as you.

I have to admit, there's something extremely satisfying about sticking chainmail on Power Armour :P

Plus, Destroyers exemplify a characteristic that no other Loyalist Legion has in the same way: Brutality. These guys are by far the nastiest Loyalist Legion out there,and that's what I love about the 10th - their task is utter destruction, why should they care about anything else? The following quote from Ferrus sums it up perfectly:

"Rest? We were not made to rest; we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength. The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation; we are his engines of war, his hammers, beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."

Anyway, Destroyers are just plain cool. I'd imagine that their affair with the AdMech means they get loads of cool Irad/Rad weapons too, and are therefore a bit more specialized than those of the other Legions - just like the Iron Warriors are with Phosphex & the Death Guard are with Bio-Alchem nastiness.

Aye, something not quite right about the tarty terminator look in that pic.  It could be the fist, it could be the mk7 helm with monicle, or it could be the waist line area.  Either way, it's just not as awesome as the Deathshroud styled terminator on your page 1.  Must be the armour, as your pics in general are spot on :)

Would be interested to see that assault marine in the same armour but sporting the single jet jump-pack if you do more.

Aye, something not quite right about the tarty terminator look in that pic. It could be the fist, it could be the mk7 helm with monicle, or it could be the waist line area. Either way, it's just not as awesome as the Deathshroud styled terminator on your page 1. Must be the armour, as your pics in general are spot on smile.png

Would be interested to see that assault marine in the same armour but sporting the single jet jump-pack if you do more.

Ah, as yet there aren't any FW pics with those jump-packs, and being IHs, I dunno how many assault marines I'll be doing :P

Anyway, here he is without the fist: better? Or is it still off?

gallery_53779_9225_272270.png

Thanks guys, the cracking / weathering / splatter effects are awesome to use, and I feel that at some point I'll probably go and apply them to the existing profiles I've done 

Just a bit of a status update: the reason that there's been a bit of a lull is because I'm so pleased with how the Fleshbane turned out, I've decided to make something a bit like this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f69a36f893ef27f8d7385b79498cf725/tumblr_mutbbaungU1sgfd9yo6_1280.jpg

Which means I need 4 of these guys, so it might be a while before the next update

Interesting update.  Still not sure how I feel about those termies - mostly because of the almost Mk7 like helm, that's all.  But, I like the studded helm on the second and think a studded shinguard could be an awesome addition.  Nice touch on the bionics, I guess it's bionics on the forearm?

Have you tried another loincloth idea instead of either the chain or the deathshroud versions, but something a little different?  That, or weaving coloured chain links to embed an IH emblem into the loin cloth, splatter a little blood on it, damage a few chain links to break up the area, and good to go.

Can't wait to see your rendition of the page entry with info, armour variety and the weaponry choices!

Well, if any Legion retrofitted their terminator suits with advanced prototypes, it'd be the X. Even so, that helm would land more in Mk. V territory, seeing as it isn't really a widespread pattern of terminator helm. Following the usage of pattern specs for power armor, the Mk. V encompasses any unofficial patterns or sub-pattern designs.

I agree that studs could look really fitting on some of the greaves.

Interesting update. Still not sure how I feel about those termies - mostly because of the almost Mk7 like helm, that's all. But, I like the studded helm on the second and think a studded shinguard could be an awesome addition. Nice touch on the bionics, I guess it's bionics on the forearm?

Have you tried another loincloth idea instead of either the chain or the deathshroud versions, but something a little different? That, or weaving coloured chain links to embed an IH emblem into the loin cloth, splatter a little blood on it, damage a few chain links to break up the area, and good to go.

Can't wait to see your rendition of the page entry with info, armour variety and the weaponry choices!

Well, if any Legion retrofitted their terminator suits with advanced prototypes, it'd be the X. Even so, that helm would land more in Mk. V territory, seeing as it isn't really a widespread pattern of terminator helm. Following the usage of pattern specs for power armor, the Mk. V encompasses any unofficial patterns or sub-pattern designs.

I agree that studs could look really fitting on some of the greaves.

Well, I took on board what you guys said, and realized I was kinda dissatisfied with these guys, so I've edited them:

*This page format is how I'll present them finished, and allows me to apply the weathering / recolours to both simultaneoulsy so they're more consistent

*They're currently headless - I liked the look of the artificer helm, but it didn't look MK V enough, so I'll have to find some that are fluffy and that I like

*I added the studs as recommended, but in a much more brutal way - there are a couple of other edits too

Thanks for the feedback

gallery_53779_9225_68313.jpg

Archived