IHF's HH Designs [08/04 Ironwrought/Praevian Consul]

"Well, I was told to record the Legiones Astartes in shining, polished armour, as the exemplars of humanity, but I can't seem to catch any of them in clean armour... ah, censored.gif it, picts with blood splatter, mud and bolt-scars will have to do." - Remembrancer attached to Clan Brannsar, name unknown.

Every time I feel like adding allies to my Iron Hands, I visit this thread. After being recharged with awesome, I put aside all thoughts of other legions. 

You make the Iron Tenth infinitely more badass, brother.

Every time I feel like adding allies to my Iron Hands, I visit this thread. After being recharged with awesome, I put aside all thoughts of other legions.

You make the Iron Tenth infinitely more badass, brother.

Whoa- high praise dude - although there's no problem with allies (just so long as you start with Mechanicum :P ), but the X are of course the greatest msn-wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of updates ladies & gents, basically I've been planning upcoming stuff whilst having a look a the new stuff from Extermination to stimulate the grey matter a bit.

At the moment I'm taking a pause from Clan Brannsar whilst I try and do justice to a couple of non-legion specific vehicles I've been thinking about for a while now, and I'll eventually post proper DIY rules pages based of the designs from FW's HH books.

Here's a teaser for the first one, the Caelus Air-Defence Tank:

med_gallery_53779_9225_335590.png

Its basically a rhino chassis with a Skyfire / Interceptor Avenger Bolt Cannon, with a rule similar to the one for the new Blood Angels / Imperial Fists Assault cannon, where there's the possibility of the ammo feed jamming and it being unable to fire for a subsequent turn.

Hope you like it biggrin.png

I've just started to attempt to build Sergeant Kruger Grahlann with some spare bits i had laying around my desk.  I decided to take a "true-scale" approach to him mainly due to the size of the Cataphractii torso, it just doesn't fit very well onto a standard size pair of MK III legs at all.  I was wondering if you could tell me what weapons/equipment he should be armed with as it isn't listed in his profile that you provided IHF.  I'll post some wip photos for your approval and critique once I know what to arm him with.  I hope that you don't mind my making a mini based on your awesome work sir.  The photo you provided as well as your inspirational work in this thread were just too much to resist.

I've just started to attempt to build Sergeant Kruger Grahlann with some spare bits i had laying around my desk. I decided to take a "true-scale" approach to him mainly due to the size of the Cataphractii torso, it just doesn't fit very well onto a standard size pair of MK III legs at all. I was wondering if you could tell me what weapons/equipment he should be armed with as it isn't listed in his profile that you provided IHF. I'll post some wip photos for your approval and critique once I know what to arm him with. I hope that you don't mind my making a mini based on your awesome work sir. The photo you provided as well as your inspirational work in this thread were just too much to resist.

For reals? Dude, that is so awesome - I can't begin to describe how much of an honour it would be to have one of these guys immortalized in model form.

Uhhh, I'm thinking a Plasma Pistol & Power Maul/Mace/Cudgel-thingy. Although, if you'd prefer, I could just as easily see him swapping out the pistol for a power fist - to accentuate that brutal look.

To be honest, considering how big this guy is supposed to be, true-scale would probably be more accurate :P

Thanks again, its so cool that you'd actually want to make one of these guys biggrin.png

Okay, next up: the Orthrus Heavy Tank Destroyer.

Its main armament is the Orthrus Melta Scourge, which I'm planning on making pretty short ranged, but super killy - a high risk / high reward vehicle - if you can get it across the board to engage enemy armour, it'll wreak havoc, but its one huge target until you get it there & a big points sink.

Fluff wise, it was developed in concert with the cerberus (in greek mythology, cerberus & orthrus were siblings, being dogs with 3&2 heads respectively). It was designed to compensate for the fact that at range, most weapons designed to combat titan-class constructs were at a disadvantage due to their opponents' void shields, which they lacked. The Orthrus would deploy to the front lines, and move as quickly as possible into the ranks of the enemy, so that its target would be unable to engage it without risking serious collateral damage to either itself or its comrades, due to the power of its weapons.

gallery_53779_9225_661858.png

gallery_53779_9225_667907.png

gallery_53779_9225_606258.png

Thanks guys, I've been going over the concepts for these for a couple of weeks, so its nice to have some visual representation of by random brainchildren laugh.png

Whoa. Now I want to get a Typhon & a Machinator Melta kit to make one of those...

Well I suppose the good thing about 30k is your opponent is probably more open to homebrew :P

I'm probably gonna do a frontal pic, just to show what It'd look like overall. The general idea is similar to the Sicaran Venator, with an offset cockpit, and the Melta Scourge taking up a good portion of the frontage. The actual gun would be considerably longer than the projecting barrel, with the pivot for the gun probably sitting level with the rear side doors. The barrel for the gun itself would basically be a halved Reaver Melta Cannon (just one muzzle), downsized a bit.

Y'know, just to make your life that much more difficult if you did decide to go ahead with your crazy plan to build one, presumably induced by some kind of hallucinatory episode msn-wink.gif

Now, to the rules

Caelus:

I'm a touch worried that the Caelus is a bit useless as an AA tank, considering the fact its Avenger Bolt Cannon mainly an anti-infantry weapon - do you think it could actually cause reliable damage to aircraft?

If its too much of a pea-shooter, I have been considering an additional rule that could broaden its use a tad:

Low-Vector Targeting Array: basically, as well as being skyfire & interceptor, the Caelus can fire its avenger bolt cannon at jump/jet-infantry in a turn they have moved.

Any opinions? And, no, if the Avenger is good enough, I won't include the new rule just cos msn-wink.gif

Orthrus:

Having a go at the profile for the Melta Scourge:

Range: 18" Strength: 10 AP: 1 Special: Melta, Ignores Cover, Wrecker, Large Blast (5")

Soo, too powerful? Not powerful enough? Different Special Rules?

I'm really not a gamer, so all advice / input would be much appreciated

Archived