Raptors Devastator Centurion

ScootyPuffJunior

Here is a Devastator Centurion from the Raptors space marine chapter and is my first completed miniature in almost a year. I tried some OSL (which is something I don't typically do) on the grav cannon and while I'm not completely sold on it, I think it looks passable. I'm not overly fond of the base either, but I think it will do for now. Comments and criticism always welcome. Thanks!

Love that green! It's the perfect flat free color! How did you do it?

Thanks, mate! My green recipe for these guys is as follows: 

Vallejo Surface Primer Black

Reaper Master Series Olive Shadow (lightly over the whole model, used for the darkest shadows)

RMS Olive Green (technically a highlight but is used as the "base" color)

RMS Worn Olive (highlight for base color)

Vallejo Model Air US Light Grey (extreme highlights; if it's too bright I'll give it a very light coat of RMS Worn Olive to bring brightness down a little)

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

Wow. That is almost EXACTY how I saw the "US Infantry" Astartes paintjob in my head movies. Really nice work there, man. I'd like to a squad of regular Tactial marines in these colours - looking forward to any updates!

Od.

Wow. That is almost EXACTY how I saw the "US Infantry" Astartes paintjob in my head movies. Really nice work there, man. I'd like to a squad of regular Tactial marines in these colours - looking forward to any updates!

Od.

Thank you!

It isn't an entire squad, but here a few examples of what a regular marine I paint looks like:

Raptors Chapter Marines

Raptors Chapter Mariens

Nice work thus far, got anything else on the way?

As a matter of fact, I do.

I am working on a Land Raider Crusader at the moment. I have finished painting and assembling the interior portions and painted the twin-linked assault cannon as a test for how I will weather the hull.

Land Raider Interior

Land Raider Crusader

Archived