Extremely Tenuous Lighting - Strategium Mode On

Honda

There will be an announcement across all forums. When seems to be a little less definite this year, in that traditionally, it kicks off mid-May, but there are some rumors also floating around that it *could* start a little earlier.

I think some of the decisions have to do with what codexes might be released in the near future. Also, with the Imperial Knight thing popping up out of nowhere, the organizer is waiting to see where that lands.

The "what's legit" part of the contest got significantly more complex since all the datafexes, "we all live in a yellow submarine" space marine codex, Escalation, and Stronghold.

Out of general principle, Bolter & Chainsword is not a gamey crowd, so the organizers don't have to worry too much, but they do have to have a clear framework for who gets to count what.

Ok, cool, I will hold off putting any paint on the Temple until we start getting some dates. That will give me time to complete the building of all of the wings and the central sections and time for a decision to be made on what can and cant be entered. Although I no longer use the C:SM, I still paint my Crusade in Templar livery.

Something else to take into consideration.

In the ETL there is an enrollment period. This is when you get commitments from those who are going to participate. In the first ETL, we finished painting around 4K of points, which gave us a jump start and woke everyone else up because we just said, "Zeal it, we're doing this".

Last year, I don't believe we completed any points in that enrollment period. The men in skirts however, learned from us and did a fair bit getting them out in front early.

So, while you're building up your inventory to paint, be ready to hit the ground running as soon as the good Captain announces we are on.

I expect this year to be pretty crazy.

Something else to take into consideration.

In the ETL there is an enrollment period. This is when you get commitments from those who are going to participate. In the first ETL, we finished painting around 4K of points, which gave us a jump start and woke everyone else up because we just said, "Zeal it, we're doing this".

Last year, I don't believe we completed any points in that enrollment period. The men in skirts however, learned from us and did a fair bit getting them out in front early.

So, while you're building up your inventory to paint, be ready to hit the ground running as soon as the good Captain announces we are on.

I expect this year to be pretty crazy.

three squads of assault centurions, 86 able regular bodies, 24 special weapons, 20 jump pack veterans and 4 chaplains ready and willing and awaiting the all green sir.

You guys are awesome!

Before the end of this week I'll have about 600 pts "in the bank". I'm also looking at a LotD squad, which is around 300-ish points kitted out, some jump chaplains, and a couple of tac squads that I can put in mantlets (IA10 Siege list). I'm also looking at a Stormsword and possibly a Contemptor, though the latter two were for 30K, so we'll see how the good Captain scores things.

Onwards!

sad; the entire structure I am building, close to 2.5' x 2.5' will only

cost 550... 275 of which will be weapon emplacements. Oh well every

little point helps I suppose

Yes, but it will come with 50 gallons of awesome sauce when you are done and that stuff is priceless. :)

Wait, fortifications count? So I can include my 2 bastions and stretch of aegos line? Sweet

Well, ADL, Landing Pad, and Bastion are part of the regular FOC, so they should be legit. I think what is being decided is how far this will go, i.e. Stronghold.

Good news everyone! I will be joining in the event for sure, since I just bought some models from a friend's friend, who's quitting their Space Wolves. Naturally, I bought their Land Raider Crusader, a Venerable Dread and 5 Neophytes. (only the Dread is unpainted, the rest....well that'll take some work.)

So in short: I'm back, and only 2 choices away from completing 5 vows again, and hopefully, be the first person (again) to complete 5 vows. devil.gif

And so the waiting begins. But we are Templars, and we will endure.

I finished my assault squad on time. Now I'm looking at making some jump pack chaplains and a "counts as" LotD squad with a plasma cannon, a plasma gun, and the Sgt with a plasma pistol and powerfist. Should get me at least 300 pts for the LotD.

Brother Honda,

you bring up a good point. I never really thought about building anything ahead of time. I figured I'd just build as I paint but it is in fact hard to do both and takes time. Time that could be spent PAINTING. I will now start doing an inventory of what I got and what I need and start to build and order my models. 

A special heads-up to my Brother Templars. I did a Kickstarter not to long ago where you can have models made with your face. You could also just have the heads made and that's just what I did. My plan is to build a custom Emperor's Champion with my face. I already have a special OOP model set aside for the task. I just hope my heads come in on time for this ETL.

Brother Honda,

you bring up a good point. I never really thought about building anything ahead of time. I figured I'd just build as I paint but it is in fact hard to do both and takes time. Time that could be spent PAINTING. I will now start doing an inventory of what I got and what I need and start to build and order my models. 

A special heads-up to my Brother Templars. I did a Kickstarter not to long ago where you can have models made with your face. You could also just have the heads made and that's just what I did. My plan is to build a custom Emperor's Champion with my face. I already have a special OOP model set aside for the task. I just hope my heads come in on time for this ETL.

Okay, that is pretty kick ass.  Was it just limited to your face or could you like, send in a celebrity face? lol.

Brother Honda,

Okay, that is pretty kick ass. Was it just limited to your face or could you like, send in a celebrity face? lol.

Gods, imagine if you could? How many excessively rich people would have a special Sternguard squad called the Expendables, modelled with the face of the actors of that movie?

People would put Schwarzeneggers face on Abbadon (I'll be back? Get it?), and the face of that one guy from Twillight on their BA Captains. By the Emperor! The horror! eek.gif

Brother Honda,

Okay, that is pretty kick ass. Was it just limited to your face or could you like, send in a celebrity face? lol.
Gods, imagine if you could? How many excessively rich people would have a special Sternguard squad called the Expendables, modelled with the face of the actors of that movie?

People would put Schwarzeneggers face on Abbadon (I'll be back? Get it?), and the face of that one guy from Twillight on their BA Captains. By the Emperor! The horror! eek.gif

. Yeah, but it would lend itself to awesome possibilities as well- Jeremy irons as a chaplain, Peter o'toole captain, Christopher lee as an inquisitor, etc.

I have a far chunk of points waiting for it as well... a couple of LRC's a pair of storm talons... hopefully an imperial knight if I can come up with the cash and some other random scraps I haven't gotten to yet.

Also to the subject directly above Jeremy Clarkson as an objective marker somehow... I'd have to do some thinking about how to properly do that.

Edit: Clarkson!

and the face of that one guy from Twillight on their BA Captains.

*cough, Wesley Snipes, *cough

I guess everyone needs a reminder every now and then. Vampires didn't used to twinkle. They freaked you out (e.g. Salem's Lot).

Impressive... Even considering the hit we took when we were rolled, there's still a very impressive force out there ready to support the cause...

I think we're in a pretty good position to win this year already, don't you Honda? msn-wink.gif

I've also accounted for most of the models I need to paint...

Sternguard Veterans, a LOT Vangaurd Veterans, a Whirlwind, a few drop pods, a Sicaran... Heck I've got a few one-off models that I made just to look cool who I'd enter as Chapter Masters...

I'm back in full force for this year. No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Archived